Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wowkpop

AWWWW I love their English!!!

LOL in trying to write this post, I revised the sentence: I think __________ had the best English

and then I realized they're all awesome, so I couldn't pick just one...

I mean I went over to the 2pm one too out of curiosity, and they had their native english speakers do their thing, which worked with their concept...i mean I feel like I could just run into any of them here in the U.S. and I wouldn't think they were korean pop stars lol. But the Wonder Girls have enough of the "accent' (for the lack of a better word) to sound completely Korean yet still amazing in English. Also I found it funny that I could really imagine them saying the literal translation of their english promo in Korean

(Hi we're the wonder girls! ______ wow!!! ____wow!!) instead of saying "ohwa" xD

Which tells me that they probably actually just said this off the cuff without memorizing some prescripted stuff - they actually speak English which is so cute!!!!

WAHHH I love them so much! I'm really curious as to what this breaking into America thing is though...I wonder if my friends will start asking me about them in a few months...haha could you imagine?

and ^I didn't think Sunye was any worse than the other girls? I mean...Sohee sounded pretty nervous...but otherwise :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SunYe's english though not the best is definitely not that bad as you made it out to be ( and this is definitely not because I am biased or anything...). I dunt get why she has to be the best just because she is the Leader O_O.

I am not going to be active on Soompi cuz I'm going on a month long vacation to London (yay me!)...I hope that when I come back tht this thread is full of new updates...keep posting wonderfuls!!!!!

am gonna miss all you guys and the girls!! :(

byeeeee (for now!)

Welcome to the new posters!

and welcome to soompi Kabey!

@ Kabey:

yeah. sun ye isn't that fluent in english compared to ye eun/the other girls, but she is the most fluent chinese...so it's all good.^^

thanks for your welcome :)

yes, i know she's fluent in chinese but i think it because she learn it for a long time than the other girls that why she's so fluent, but seriously i saw

i also think yeeun has the best pronounciation, she learned it in a short time? really talent! smart girl! and maybe i think she (sunye) should learning and practicing more cause she's the leader, even though she had the least talents out of group but i think she can improve :)

Guest jane_doe11

SunYe's english though not the best is definitely not that bad as you made it out to be ( and this is definitely not because I am biased or anything...). I dunt get why she has to be the best just because she is the Leader O_O.

I am not going to be active on Soompi cuz I'm going on a month long vacation to London (yay me!)...I hope that when I come back tht this thread is full of new updates...keep posting wonderfuls!!!!!

am gonna miss all you guys and the girls!! :(

byeeeee (for now!)

you will be missed (lol..and you just came back

I will do more SunYe bias posts on your behalf.

yes, i know she's fluent in chinese but i think it because she learn it for a long time than the other girls that why she's so fluent, but seriously i saw

i also think yeeun has the best pronounciation, she learned it in a short time? really talent! smart girl! and maybe i think she (sunye) should learning and practicing more cause she's the leader, even though she had the least talents out of group but i think she can improve :)

Welcome!

but I think you're being a little (ahem) harsh on our Leader, I'm sure that she is trying hard -- once you get to know her more you will know that she puts in a 100% in everything.

Agreed YeEun is better, but that doesn't mean anything about SunYe's efforts. And she has the least talents? I think you've got that very very wrong. But then again it is your opinion.

Welcome anyhow.

Guest misspinky

i couldn't help but notice the word, "lauching" shouldn't it be launching? anyways their enunciation has definitely improved. i loved their hairstyle in it, so casual yet still so pretty.

Guest hotspicykimchi

congrats!

i miss these girls.

i hope they soon come up with a new mini album/single.

i want them to outshine the rest.

Guest goldenGAZE

WOW @ the article. I couldn't help but squeal after every sentence. The guy JYP is working with seems like a BIG star (i mean looking at the other stuff his done its pretty amazing). Also JYP is so knowledgeable in everything it seems. Taking the girls to China would be amazing since thats is a pretty huge market to be tapped. i really hope the girls succeed in the US (if that is the route they take). Right now i have 100% faith in JYP. He is honestly a genius.

which concept was their best?

My favourite concept was Irony,Hot school girls, nice HipHop beats yet still catchy. But their best concept has to Nobody. It was the most unique, i don't its ever been done in Korea. It was really refreshing to watch their performance and their costumes look beautiful most of time-like a lot of work had gone into choosing the perfect outfit. Very unique concept so i loved it.

Oh and about the Youtube contest thingy, what do we do. Just make a post on the video. Man theirs gonna be like soo much comments. Good the girls get more attention. Everyone SUBSCRIBE NOW :)

Wow wonder girls english got really good. I was so surprised so now i subscribed and sent a friend request to that youtube lol. I cant wait to see what else they have planned. It would be really nice to win that autographed cd but I doubt I will. I never win anything.

Guest sowhatilikegirlbands

i hate to be an oversensitive fan but least talent?say whaaat?lol

i think her grammar and all is good,just it's harder for her to get rid of the accent :sweatingbullets:

didn't all the girls (or most of them) started learning chinese at the same time?

but biasness aside,her english wasn't bad at all

i understood her the first time seeing the vid

and she looked so cute and happy esp when wishing happy 2009 with wonder girls

i am now slightly less deprived of the goodness that is wonder girls :P

oh yeah,the tagging of the yt vid needs to change like somebody mentioned.putting 'sexyasiangirls' and 'asiangirlsdancing' for an official vid of the girls made me go :blink::crazy:

I saw this photo while browsing around & spotted a scratch on sohee's arm o.o

Although this was taken during the so hot days...that scratch seem a little deep :/ hope that it doesnt leave a scar *i shall pay attention to her arm now LOL!

poor mandoo :(

%7Boption%7D/img]

that is a scar. i believe it was from the car accident during the tell me comeback. same goes for sunye's leg marks and yoobin's scar on her arm as well. sohee's had it since tell me. i dont remember seeing it during irony. i remember theres one photoshoot where you could see all the scars clearly. let me go dig it up.

on another note: WONDER GIRLS ENGLISH WAS AWESOME!! although sunye and sohee had the weaker english, i believe they have the better chinese. its still understandable but i guess they were also nervous. i laughed when i realized their message was almost exactly like 2PM's it was great seeing them though. i really miss them

Guest LAWLiETTA~

Hi guys, I found this article on the DBSK thread, I don't think anyone has posted yet (if someone has, just tell me!):

Big Bang-TVXQ-Wonder Girls First Half of the Year in Olympic Park Fight

MyDaily | 2009.01.19 16:00

The idol groups that marched into the music scene in the second half of 2008 and secured decisive victories are now set to move their battle to the concert arena in the first half of 2009. Big Bang, TVXQ, and the Wonder Girls, each have plans to excite fans once again with concerts in January, February, and March respectively. Coincidentally, the three groups will hold their concerts at the same location one after the other.

Big Bang will meet fans in a series of four solo-concerts—titled ‘Big Show’—to be held from January 31 to February 2 at Seoul Bangi-Dong Olympic Park’s Gymnastics Arena. While initial plans called for a three-show run, another fourth concert was added after tickets for the 52,000-seat grand scale event sold-out.

TVXQ, who pursued popularity in a single round with , will follow Big Bang in February with the opening of their Asian tour. For three days—from February 20 to February 22—the group will perform three shows at Seoul Bangi-Dong Olympic Park’s Gymnastics Arena in the Korean leg of their 'TVXQ THE 3rd ASIA TOUR CONCERT—MIROTIC'. Starting in Korea, they plan to move to China and five major cities in Asia for a total of twelve performances. Second to none when it comes to ticket-power, tickets were sold-out in record fashion immediately upon their release.

In contrast to Big Bang and TVXQ, the Wonder Girls drew attention for being the only girl group deciding to hold a solo-concert. Initially, the Wonder Girls’ concert was planned for February 14; however, careful planning required that the event date be delayed. A March 28 showing at Seoul Bangi-Dong Olympic Park’s Fencing Gymnasium seems to have been deemed the best time and location.

The Wonder Girls, who appeared like a comet and threw all of Korea into a frenzy, have plans for concerts in Bangkok, Thailand, and Los Angeles and New York in the US, in addition to their Korean concert. Their preparations are foreboding of their steps towards becoming future world-stars.

source: Spectacle! Forums

credit: My Daily

translated by: ppoki@Spectacle!Forums

Spec articles on other threads without being shared here...aigooo...thank you for sharing ...lol

I am quickly becoming the hugest sunye fan (haha..are there other like me?)...she seems perfect -- gorgeous, smart, kind, amazing singer and dancer.. :)

I noticed that unlike yeeun and the others sunye has hardly any pictures of her with her school friends etc...But the ones that she does have are with this one particular girl...are they best friends?..is she a celebrity too?

I know she seems happy all the time but I feel like there is a layer of sadness with her always (maybe its just me)..I'd really like to see her surrounded by more of her friends

ME!!!! rofl... actually i'm this obsessed with all the other girls...

As far as your post goes

1. That girl is her best friend... I forgot her name, but you can see her in the show "Introducing Star friends"

(which for some obscure reasons i can't find on youtube anymore)

2. Sunye likes to be by herself... it seems to me she has a lot of friends, and she is the type to befriend people very fast.

But she herself said that she liked going out by herself when she was stressed...she often goes shopping by herself...

I was over the moon when i saw that youtube clip... SAY WHAT!! hahahaha...

When they started singing "Nobody nobody but you", I started doing the dance towards the computer

screen..hahaha.. I missed them so much... i discovered i was already suscribed to the youtube account o_o

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/youuu-lynn/1-2.jpg

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!! Seriously I can't wait for the rest of the pictures...

*making a wallpaper ^^*

JYP = My hero...i don't have much to add...

ROFL .. FT Island doing SO HOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA9fNCDUx0s

Priceless

Guest Jaden21

Sunye's english isn't the best out of the group but her pronunciation is clear and understandable, I certainly didn't have trouble understandin' what she was sayin' the first time watchin' the clip. She's still young, plenty of time for improvement plus our Leader Min is a hardworkin' person...believe her to always strivin' for the better. Sunye fightin'! <3

As for Sunye havin' the least talents? Hmmm...don't agree but different people, different opinions. Oh wellz...

Cheers! XD

wow i love sohee's pics esp, the last one !! haha

her flyspeck under her eye so clear !!

so proud to WG's english !! cant get enough ..haha Good job JYPe

Guest talksound

i was surprised when the video came up, and even more surprised with their english. i somehow feel that they were pretty impressive despite the little english they spoke, but i thought that their english was better in the ningin interview that was conducted at the nyc chuseok festival. :/

but in this particular clip, sunmi and yoobin did the best to me. i was seriously expecting yeeun to do the best though.

did you guys notice the tags for the video? dude. T_T

gahhh, the girls speaking english! so cute lol it's pretty impressive; so proud (:

IMO, ye eun and sunmi sounded best, although sunmi's line wasn't that long

they sound like they're selling something - i can totally imagine them being like "so call now today for cheaper car insurance!"

sunye has a pretty heavy accent, but she's so confident and cheerful lol

Guest vietboi_tuan

Wow I love their little Korean accent, I thought it

was cute and that they improved a lot. Especially

Sunmi because I remember last time that

they spoke English Sunmi was so shy and nervous,

but she did so much better this time.

I want to win the sign CD lol. I think

all the "wonderfuls" here want to win.

I'm still so happy that they are the first girl

group beside Lee Hyori's group to have

a solo concert and it was sold out

in 8 hours. WOW! So happy for them.

I believe that JYP will lead the girl into

America successfully. He made them

huge celebrities in Asia in about 2 years

so I think he will do the same.

Question of the day:

Which personality of the girls can you relate or have in common with?

SunYe - Confident yet sensual

YeEun - Straight forward yet intelligent

YooBin - Cool yet shy

SunMi - Weird yet so cute

SoHee - Cold yet loving

Guest wittlebubbo

They are so cute when they speak English! I can't believe how fast they learned.

Which personality of the girls can you relate or have in common with?

SunYe - Confident yet sensual

YeEun - Straight forward yet intelligent

YooBin - Cool yet shy

SunMi - Weird yet so cute

SoHee - Cold yet loving

I think i fit SunMi most, weird, but not so cute (-_-")

Guest LAWLiETTA~

Aah, topped the page! x3;;

I'm kinda on a designer's block, so I apologize for the blahness of the graphics (you can tell I was lazy xD). Second row = old icons I made in the past & never posted on Soompi :3

MINI ICON SPAM

vra5xh.jpg288v9ep.jpg2cpxcae.jpg25p2qso.jpg2vt31mr.jpg142gep5.jpg

30c3guq.jpg2cnfn1f.jpgdg1655.jpg28bh5s6.jpg2z8ra55.jpg34e3tcl.jpg

Textures © fatal complexes @ LJ; pictures from this thread.

Icons © lawlietta; please credit if using!

PHOTO REQUEST

Does anyone have photos of Wonder Girls in dresses, especially Sunye? I'm looking more on the formal/elegant side, but anything is fine. I'm making graphics, haha :3

Guest talksound

Aah, topped the page! x3;; I'll come back with some new things for you guys~

PHOTO REQUEST

Does anyone have photos of Wonder Girls in dresses, especially Sunye? I'm looking more on the formal/elegant side, but anything is fine. I'm making graphics, haha :3

sunye3uc0.jpg

sunye5rn1.jpg

you know, now that i'm searching it back up in my album, there really isn't that many =[

Archived