Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

As far as im aware, when they say the album will be in OST format, it means they're not going to have one distinct concept and will fit their concept based on the songs they promote. (What i've read on allkpop's comments section anyway LOL)

Well i dont know about you guys but if you've watched the official videos from JYP Nation in Japan, I'm liking what im hearing. Quality wise. It sounds HD too :w00t:

If i remember correctly JYPE stated that they recorded all of the Girls' new material using their new system that they used in JYP Nation in Japan rather than the one they used in Korea last year.

If this is the case then their songs would be SO EARGASMIC :wub:

Totally excited~

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

I really wish they'd stop mentioning Wonder Girls with the names of other girl groups in articles. Yes Wonder Girls are coming back at the same time as many other girl groups but Wonder Girls are Wonder Girls the other girl groups are themselves. These kind of articles just add fuel to fire & creates even more tension amongst fanclubs. Isn’t it bad enough that Wonder Girls get bashed left & right on Allkpop, Youtube & almost every other Kpop site? I’m almost afraid to click on the related articles I can find on top of the page. I don't have the energy to engage in an argument with people who keep on badmouthing Wonder Girls.

Anyway I’m not threatened about such articles. I love Wonder Girls & no one can change it. I’m going to support them in any way I can. Let’s just focus our energies on supporting the girls instead of talking about things not related to them. Wonder Girls <333 Wonderfuls <333 Keep your chin up my fellow fans!

Edit - I topped a page! :D haha!

Will just share this cute gif of Junho & Sun Ye. (Wish I could hug all my fellow Wonderfuls this way to cheer them up! <3)

OST is Original Soundtrack.

@Je_jee

And the Korean album is not the OST album that's going to be an American album, for their movie. The Korean Album is going to be a Mini album, so yeah. The two albums will have different tracks. So yeah.

~Linda~

Well I know what OST mean I wasn't sure what they meant by it going to be like OST format. Because I don't know what OST format is like, but I guess v Asher already explain it.

Yeah right I thought that too, I wonder if they meant the American album going to be in OST format not the Korean one. I am very confused, but if it is like what Asher say than that would mean the girls would promoted more than just one song. . O_O for their Korean comeback. Sigh can November come any faster.

As fat as im aware, when they say the album will be in OST format, it means they're not going to have one distinct concept and will fit their concept based on the songs they promote. (What i've readon allkpop's comments section anyway LOL)

I think some of u are being over dramatic about the article that soompi wrote about our girls and snsd….both groups are the top female groups in Korea with highest achievement comparing to all other female groups and they are making their comeback at the same month ,so its normal for both of them to be compared to one another ......beside if this how u guys reacted to one article then what would u guys do when both groups actually start promoting ?!! ,and u would not only read one article but 100 of articles comparing them to one another.

JYPE seems to be more serious about the girls comeback comparing to their 2DT comeback , so Im expecting their title track to be as strong as their pervious hits or something like miss A BGGG….Since JYPE did not reveal any details about their concept except its pop and not retro then Im hoping for them to do sexy mature concept or dark concept like goodbye

Guest floral93

guys did the girls work with a european music producer fredro can't remember but i think they did..well he tweeted about the the situation of teddy riley few days ago, even he finds it odd

picture1h.jpg

Guest aloversrendezvous

I'm not too sure if this was shared before or not, but here are the links to watch "Heartbeat" and "10 out of 10" at JYP Nation in Japan. Spazzing at the interactions and the performances! :P The girls are flawless.

Heartbeat with the Wonder Girls, miss A and 2pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOnpw0YOJjI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

10 out of 10 with the Wonder Girls, miss A and 2pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsx6xbT413o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

@floral93 Fredro (Frederick Odesjo) has worked with the Wonder Girls for their US record at the beginning of the year.

301ec8ca7a73b47f166aa770443a3222_large.png

(He mentioned a few weeks later a meeting with JYP and Rainstone).

---

Gosh this video is amazing... TELL ME is known in Kongo! :w00t:

Music is universal. And Wonderfuls are everywhere^^ (Starts at 2:55)

Korean language in Kongo 1/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-AZsbucNIs&feature=share

Credit: aboutkorea1@youtube via lovepapupi@twitter

I tweeted this last night, but for those of you who didn't see it:

WG is among the finalists for CETV 华娱卫视's 亚洲十大红人盛典 (informally: "Asia Top 10 Stars for 2012 ceremony").

Here is the link: http://bit.ly/oJu9bH

It will take place on Oct 22 -- I'd tweeted it incorrectly as Oct 12, sorry! -- at the Dalian World Expo Center.

It is not one of the major TV stations in China, & I read the event is also more to celebrate CETV's 7th Anniversary. Their inaugural awards show was last year.

The winners are supposed to be via fan ballot but I doubt this will happen; the ongoing voting on weibo isn't that substantive anyway.

Seems more like the kind of gala that will "reward" a prize for any participating celebrity.

Not sure the girls will attend, but then it's only a quick plane flight from Seoul & back.

Also, the Kpop nominee shortlist is noticeably dominated by JYP Nation acts, & the latest news report say missA will perform as well.

So maybe JYP China is networking with CETV behind the scenes, & WG may grace the show as a favor.

- - - - - - -

Can lurking Thai WFs help me out with this:

Where did MCOT Seed FM interview WG last year? Was it at the radio station, or at the girls' hotel (in which case, where did WG stay during the trip)?

Thanks in advance.

Guest QUEENka9

Suade - Magic Castle & Nobody (마법의 성, 열린음악회) (KBS Open Concert 2011, Korea) HD CC

Uploaded by suadevoices on Feb 27, 2011

gotta love those guys because they choose this song to sang and they also dance to it. they sang it in english version. the fact is nobody's age already 3 years. the audience response also awesome. chill.!!

still waiting for their comeback!:ph34r:

Guest inui_nui

Can lurking Thai WFs help me out with this:

Where did MCOT Seed FM interview WG last year? Was it at the radio station, or at the girls' hotel (in which case, where did WG stay during the trip)?

Thanks in advance.

I'm Thai WFs, Wonder Girls was interview Seed FM at the radio. they stayed during 11-14 Nov 2010 at Pathumwan Princess Hotel :D

Hi everyone!!

I cannot wait for Wonder girls Come-back. When I first got to know about Kpop they were at the top but sadly they went kind of MIA in Korea and more sadly for Kpop industry, if you're not in the news regularly people tend to forget about you *sigh* or what I hope, they are recharging their energy while waiting for their Idol's Come-back :)

I really really hope it's not a rushed one and JYP put in much effort and thought in this. I want to relive the Wonder Girls hype once again, the one that made me fell in love Kpop music. :wub:

So with that said keep LOADS of teasers coming :)

Guest wonderr23

WONDERGIRLS WILL BE ATTENDING MAMA 2011

Mnet's New Fall Programming Includes New Original Music Series and 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards

Mnet, the only National Asian Pop Culture Network in America, Unveils Fall Programming Schedule Including New Multiplatform Original Music Series Hello Pop! and the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards

Press Release

October 12, 2011 10:58pm AST (16 hours ago)

LOS ANGELES, CA – October 12, 2011 – Mnet, the only and first national, 24/7 English-language television network in the U.S. targeting Asian Americans and fans of Asian pop culture, has the coolest shows in Asian American entertainment on its programming schedule this fall including its new original music series Hello Pop!, which unites fans of K-pop using multiple platforms to create a global community. The network is also airing the hottest shows out of Asia including the Annual 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), featuring the most popular stars from around the globe and M Countdown, the #1 rated music show in all of Asia.

Also returning to the network is season two of Mnet’s original series Short Notice kicking off on Thursday, Oct. 13 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with host Christina Lee showcasing today’s hottest Asian American talent working behind and in front of the camera. Hit show Culture Japan, with Japanese pop culture authority Danny Choo, also returns in November for a second season. Additionally, Mnet brings viewers a weekly primetime anime block from Bandai Entertainment, TV dramas, reality shows, indie movies, and more.

“Our fall programming solidifies our commitment to bring the best in Asian Pop culture to America and to build on that success with new original series,” said Adam Ware, Mnet’s Acting President and CEO. “We’re also excited to give viewers an opportunity to take part in a worldwide event this November with the live broadcast of the Annual Mnet Asian Music Awards.”

Mnet -- New Fall 2011 Programming with show descriptions:

HELLO POP! – Hello Pop! is the place for fans of K-pop to meet and engage. Using music videos as a platform to build a global community, this daily show, hosted by VJ Chrissa Villanueva, encourages participation from its viewers. Fans are invited to show off their love of all things K-pop and submit videos for consideration to HelloPop@mnetamerica.com for segments including M University, #1 Fan, Planet K-Pop, Flashpop and many more! For specific instructions and details regarding video submission requirements, please visit the Hello Pop! Facebook Page at "Hello Pop Mnet!” Hello Pop! airs Monday - Thursday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.

2011 MNET ASIAN MUSIC AWARDS (MAMA) – Truly a global event, the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) features the most popular artists from around the world, and will unite fans by broadcasting in November to more than 10 Asian countries as well as 45 countries around the globe including the U.S. and Europe. 1.9 billion viewers will see 15 live performances by some of today’s hottest acts with 30 presenters and more than 80 artists participating including Korea’s 2NE1, TVXQ, Girl’s Generation, Super Junior, Miss A, Wonder Girls, and International acts from the United States, Japan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries.

M-COUNTDOWN – The number one rated music TV series in Korea is also syndicated throughout Asia and counts down the hottest K-pop hits. Airing Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, the series features live performances by artists from the U.S. and throughout Asia.

SHORT NOTICE - Produced in Los Angeles and hosted by Christina Lee, each episode of this weekly, one-hour, primetime series features award-winning Asian American short films and up-close personal talks with the filmmakers including directors, producers and cinematographers. The series highlights today’s hottest Asian American talent working behind and in front of the camera, and showcases their colorful, eclectic, unique perception of what it means to be Asian American. Season two of Short Notice airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning on Thursday, October 13.

CULTURE JAPAN – The second season of this hit Japanese TV show returns in November and follows Japanese pop culture guru, Danny Choo, as he explores all the things that make Japanese pop culture tick. In every episode, Danny shines a spotlight on the different aspects of Japan that make the country so special. The camera follows him around the streets of Japan as he shares cool places to visit, shows what goes on behind the scenes at anime production studios and offers a slice of life in Japan which U.S. viewers don't get to see very often. Culture Japan airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.

WIDE NEWS – A weekly entertainment news program airing on Sundays 7:30 p.m. ET/PT keeps its viewers up to date on the latest happenings with Korean celebrities and the Korean entertainment industry. Segments include behind-the-scene footage of TV and movie sets with exclusive celebrities and crew interviews, fashion trends with updates on the best and worst dressers in the Korean entertainment world, and a segment titled “Celebs’ History,” which is done in the form of a mini documentary and includes in-depth footage and heartfelt interviews with Korea's top stars.

IN NEED OF ROMANCE - A romantic dramedy that focuses on the lives, loves, marriages, careers and families of single, independent, career women in their 30s airing Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

MUST - Is there any other ethnicity that loves music more than Koreans? Mnet presents a huge project, featuring music that everybody can enjoy. The public chooses 100 songs by theme and then one song from the list will play every week. Fans will have a common ground in music by combining songs from old artists as well as from newer ones. A variety of artists will introduce remakes of oldies and unknown songs. Must, airing Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT, is an event that will capture the hearts and minds of the performers and the panelists.

TASTY ROAD - A cooking show that travels! In each episode, airing Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, our celebrity hosts travel to specific places in Korea, and seeks out the finest and freshest seasonal ingredient from the region. The hosts also participate in the activity of getting the ingredient. The dishes are prepared in special recipes, mostly in Western + Asian fusion style.

BANDAI ENTERTAINMENT BLOCK– A block featuring innovative Anime series returns and airs Wednesdays from 8 pm to 10 pm ET/PT. Mnet is currently airing Outlaw Star and My Otome.

STYLE CUTS – A style variety show that helps complete the looks of 2034 women. Designer, Ha Sang Baek, makeup artists Son Dae Shik and Park Tae Yoon and fashion model, Lee Hyun offer practical information in this interactive fashion variety show airing Sundays at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

INDIE MOIVE NIGHT – Mnet showcases the best in Asian Cinema with over 40 feature length Asian films from Korea, Japan, China, Thailand and the Philippines on Fridays starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

WCG ULTIMATE GAMER – Airing on Saturdays at 7 p.m. ET/PT, America’s best gamers battle for the title of WCG Ultimate Gamer. The contestants must first master real-life challenges, based on today’s top video games, before competing in the games themselves – all to claim the biggest honor in video gaming.

FIGHTING SPIRIT – Everyone have a chance to win a championship, if the man wants to be a champion. This is the highlight of your life so that dreams come true. 4 mentors (2 host and 2 professional fighters), are divided into teams of RED and BLUE and each team will choose a fighter. The selected fighter will receive an invitation to the cage from the mentors. From the D- date of the fight, each fighter will train with the mentor to prepare for the show. 3 Rounds and 3 minutes is all they have for the challenge. Fighting Spirit will not only focus on the fighter’s training, but their life and story behind the challenge. It’s not a sports event, but a lifestyle show focusing on the dream. Cast includes Doowon Seo (2009 NEOFIGHT12 welterweight champion, 2005 Jiu-Jitsu champion); Julian Kang (an actor and the younger brother of Dennis Kang, who is a PRIDE FC welterweight grand prix finalist); Daewhan Kim (debuted with East Coast Fight Factory); and Hyungbin Yoon (South Korean Comedian). Fighting Spirit airs Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

About Mnet

Mnet (www.mnet.com) is the only and first national, 24/7 English-language television network in the U.S. targeting Asian Americans and fans of Asian pop culture. The advertiser-supported network – currently distributed in over 30 DMAs – marks the entry into the U.S. marketplace for CJ Entertainment Media Group, Asia’s leading vertically-integrated entertainment company and a unit of CJ Corporation. Mnet is headquartered in Los Angeles.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2011/10/12/mnets-new-fall-programming-includes-new-original-music-series-and-2011-mnet-asian-music-awards

Guest my2wonder

whats wrong with you guys !!

you really made me sad  :(

I hate seeing my fellow wonderfuls in this bad mood 

HELLO !!! weak up !! don't forget that ! WonderGirls is more famous than snsd !!  in usa and in korea !! and in china too !!

Did you forgot ipoll chart 2010 !! the wonder girls were the 1st on it !! ????

not only wonderfuls support them !! the whole fans in korea do the same !

Or did you forgot korea's sisters !!!  ?????

if wonder girls in korea !! making cfs all the year you'll see them in anywhere in korea !!

OOr did you forgot dream concert 2010 !! when the wonder girls have a lot of supporters than snsd !! ??

we can makes our girls happy by our gifts ! by our cheers !! by our support !! by our votes !!

we can do our best !! even if they didn't win any award !! they'll be the best in our hearts !

I feel happy because they'll comeback !!

no matter what I'll be a wonderful :wub:

*horray* :w00t: 

Guest BossCharisma

]

Wow, they are attending mama!!!YES!!!!!LET THE BAGGING OF AWARDS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder Girls, I'm so happy that you;re back !!!

my life would've been complete if Big Bang would attend -.- Wonder Banger here

-_-

Having briefly read through most comments on the latest pages, I have found this thread are

1. It is coming alive and active again (I am a regular reader who has come in average every other day in the past year +).  it looks to me the closer their Korea comeback is getting, the more active this thread is getting.

2. Sleeping wonderfuls are waking up internationally and domestically (Korea).  I am an international fan.

3. Some comments are bit negative but not in a bad way. Most comments are however positive.  Every wonderful and fans (fan is different from wonderful even they are fan) are getting pumped up.

4. Their comeback is no longer with retro concept but a modern concept instead. ( not officially confirmed?).  I've always thought the queens shouldn't stay with the retro concept but rather try something new and modern.  Their retro is the best among girl groups but it's time to let go.  In fact the queens are actually very young.

5. Some comments did mention some other girl group names.  To me it is perfectly alright but I guess it may violate Soompi's rules.  First of all I honestly don't think those comments with names mentioned have any bad intentions toward any other girl groups at all.  My suggestion is to do it discreetly without mentioning any names.  In that case comparisons can be made and Soompi's rules are not broken. Truely sometime comparisons may be needed in comments in order to help clearly express your thoughts or what you wanna say.  This should be understood.

6. Every wonderful should do what they can to help the queens in their comeback.  Anything or any way is fine as long as you can afford it.  A small thing or a big thing.

7, The queens' credits in the Hallyu has been recognized and acknowledged, or even documented. We don't need to worry about that and Korean entertainment industry knows that.   Nevertheless, we must understand Kpop is just like any other entertaiment. If you stay low(not active enough) from the public, it will only be logical and reasonable for you to lose attentions and supports from the public.  This has nothing to with this girl group or that girl group, one way or another there should a girl group or girl groups to somewhat replace the queens' position.  Kpop is pop and pop keeps changing as time goes by.

8. Here comes my prediction, (no human in this world know the future but can only predict the future),  the queens and JYP are actually trying to fill up this time gap with this Korea comeback between now and the day they release their US album and movie.  The main purposes are to

- regroup all wonderfuls and fans (new wonderfuls, causal fans and new fans)

- strengthen wonderful fanbase (old or new)

- boost up wonderful and fan confidence about the queens

- get prepared and warmed up for their US album and movie in the 1st quarter of 2012

9.  Finally we must realize their US debut is the most important thing for the queens and JYP, they have given up their 'nobody dynasty' in exchange of 3 years of hardship.  Now everthing is going down to the wire and the outcome will be measured and concluded by the end of the 1st quarter of 2012 (provided the US album is released and the movie is aired)  I don't predict it here but will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a good news.

Thank you all for reading my comment and I am sure that there will be something or some points missing here.  I will edit this comment or post new comments when needed.

HAIL TO THE QUEENS. (I didn't mention 'Wonder Girls' cuz they are THE QUEENS)

Archived