Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest WonderfulSohee

Hey just One question. Wasn't jyp suppose to answer the fan the fan questions today?? Does anyone know wat website they will post the answers??

I thought it was supposed to be on the 31

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hrmmmhum

Hey just One question. Wasn't jyp suppose to answer the fan the fan questions today?? Does anyone know wat website they will post the answers??

I thought it was supposed to be on the 31

In response to that, I found this on Twitter

On August 10th, a total of 15 questions consisting of various concerns surrounding the Wonder Girls was sent to JYP Entertainment by WonderFul. The due date for JYP Entertainment, to give their response is on the 31st of August. However, instead of a written reply via the official WonderFul cafe, 4 represensatives from WonderFul will be visiting JYP Entertainment Korea for an open discussion with CEO, Jung Wook on 30th August.

Edited by. Apple

Written by. POOHNIDA

* For the international fans. : )

Cr: POOHNIDA @ Twitter (& uchix_francois for retweeting it :])

Wonder Fashion @ Tumblr Updates:

305323_279393468742295_125217587493218_1378035_7479899_n.jpg

New Balance, U420WHS 89,000 Won

296850_279393228742319_125217587493218_1378033_1916172_n.jpg

New Balance, Short Sleeve T-shirt

5306_0.880219001314019457_9789.jpg

Cr: wondermacros.tumblr.com

I don't think Seoulbeats has the most well-written articles, but I wanted to point out that they mentioned Teen Nick has around 70 million viewers. Maybe it's not as much as other channels, but that's a pretty large number for their first U.S. movie/mini-series (since it's a couple of episodes, right?) and I've seen many people doubting the worth of this. I do think it will make a difference and will give them more opportunities. Let's hope for it<3

Are you excited that the Wonder Girls are coming to a TV near you?

NEWS, SEOULBEATS' IDOLS | HEATHER | AUGUST 28, 2011 AT 10:53 AM

Rumor has it the Wonder Girls are going to be syndicated–on Nickelodeon, of all places. JYP has signed with N’Incredible, Nick Cannon’s production company, and Teen Nick to create a six-episode special titled “Wonder Girls at the Apollo.”

They’ve had quite a few false starts, like their tour with the Jonas Brothers, but I think this show could mark their big break. Teen Nick has a viewer count of some 70 million, and with the Girls’ English lyrics and new “Americanized” sound, they just might connect with a range of young viewers. In fact, they already have small fanbase here–which is a good thing, as they’re seemingly losing popularity in Korea. On the upside, they were among the highest grossing CF stars earlier this year, so if music doesn’t work out in the U.S, there are commercials!

Recently the Girls have been spotted in trendy American magazines “Teen Vogue” and “NYLON”, so a widely successful career in the States is definitely still possible. The parallel release of the Girls’ first English album is also likely to boost ratings. Nick Cannon has faith in them, reportedly “setting a high value on the girl’s talent” (JYP). The label is also quoted as saying the Girls “will display the BEST music, BEST dancing, and BEST acting” for the show. Though they’re trying their best, the production is still a bit of a risk, given it’s rare for an Asian group to be the stars of an American television show–but I’m glad it’s a risk JYP feels is worth taking. Do you think that the viewers will consist of more than “Nobody But You” (and me)? Are you excited that the Wonder Girls are coming to a TV near you?

Guest valentino_rossi46

I have never known that So Hee really want give up her singing to pursue acting. Maybe at that time she received so many criticism on her singing skill and made her lost confident. Luckily, it's just an immature moment during her adolescence :). In every interview nowadays, luckily she didnt regret of her decision at that time, she always say she choose to become a singer, she want singing more than anything. She want try acting too, but her career is a singer.

Wonder Girls’ Sohee wanted to become an actress

In Cube Entertainment CEO Hong Seung Sung’s new book, “There Will be No Spotlight If You Stop Now“, he revealed that the Wonder Girls‘ Sohee had actually expressed a desire in halting her activities as a singer and becoming an actress in 2008.

Hong was the co-founder of JYP Entertainment before he went on to launch his own label, Cube, so the book delves into some of the inner-workings and stories of the label and its artists.

Hong revealed, “After Sohee starred in the movie ‘I Like It Hot’, she expressed that she wanted to focus on her acting career instead of her singing career. Because of that, we had to persuade her to change her mind for two to three months. Even if it wasn’t Sohee but another member, at the time, we had no choice but to help change her heart.”

He continued, “As opposed to worrying about one member leaving a five member group, I was worried that her decision wouldn’t be a safe one, especially since she’s been training for years specifically to become a singer. Fortunately, Sohee agreed with the company on still trying new things as a singer and to spend more time thinking about it.”

In actuality, rumors of Sohee’s departure began circulating amongst fans after the movie hit theaters in 2008. Although they were left as rumors then, the book confirms that they could’ve become true had it not been for the company persuading her.

Source+ Photos: E News 24 via Nate

Guest hothot12

sohee should not think abt actress. wonder girls better to focus on singing n as a group. i hope they achieve something big in US before they go do their own thing, unless they disband.

every member must think more of the group than for themselves. they are popular now cos they are wonder girls, never forget that. see sunmi leave and there is so many troubles n inconvenience, so think more about the group. now they have chance to act, everyone act together is good. sometimes if there is other individual work, it is ok too, but wonder girls must stick together.

no more change!!!

384625585.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1314612977&Signature=BsYt0puL1eGhoRIJ4ANC5%2BIoaAo%3D

attracted 80 acts like               ,                    ,                      ,                        ,and the Wonder Girls

cr :  

scanationsg@twitter

Hope it's true^^ can't wait to see them becoming 'aggressive' again for music awards with 'new' songs~ 

wub.gif 

Lol what the heck?? I'm too excited until I don't even bother to read "Last years's gig" LOLOLOLOL ok~ false statement...

Sunmi's new post it at JYPE~

1LUfE.jpg

LQdzP.jpg

cr : 운영★중심, 평생원걸, 레몬만두, 

소희랑 @ WGW 

Tomorrow, representatives (from WG's official fansites (WGW, Wonderholic) and other 2 are from JYPE's side; WonderFul on/offline(?) executives...total of 4 people~ I'm really worry actually bout Sunmi's matter... but WGW(wondercuty)'s admin is really good in meetings/discussions like this.. ^^ 

Guest makihiro

I have never known that So Hee really want give up her singing to pursue acting. Maybe at that time she received so many criticism on her singing skill and made her lost confident. Luckily, it's just an immature moment during her adolescence :). In every interview nowadays, luckily she didnt regret of her decision at that time, she always say she choose to become a singer, she want singing more than anything. She want try acting too, but her career is a singer.

well, Sohee from the start really wanted to be an actress and she had expressed that a long time ago..I don't think it was an immature thinking of her wanting to pursue acting during that time, as she really desires to be one..Anyway, I am happy that whatever she decides she stands by it and never regrets it. :)

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ I know she really want pursue acting, however i call it "immature" because she want give up singing leave the group to pursue acting career only :). I think not only because she want acting, but also because she received so much critism about singing skill at that time. HyunA left group can be 1 of the reason too :), it affected her badly, especially she is in puberty time.

But then when Sun Mi left, she is so strong and determine in what she wanna do. We can see how much So Hee grew up from that time :)

cr :  

scanationsg@twitter

Hope it's true^^ can't wait to see them becoming 'aggressive' again for music awards with 'new' songs~ 

*quoted image* 

I don't think it means they're going to be attending or performing, it just states that those were the artists that were in attendance last year(in Macau)

So if JYP does finalise WG's comeback for November, i'm sure they'll be able to slot in a special performance for MAMA since it'll probably be one their last performances before they halt Korean promotions and head to the US.

I hope November is actually set for the girls and not just buying time for them~ :wub:

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

Well whatever So Hee’s decisions were in the past I’m really glad that she decided to remain in Wonder Girls because all the members are the ones who have actually moulded Wonder Girls into what they are today. :D Sun Mi’s hiatus already caused everyone a lot of pain & I really pray that the rest of the girls should have the strength to carry on as a group.

About the meeting between JYPE’s staff & Wonderfuls.. I don’t know what to think right now. I just hope issues that have been bothering everyone will get ironed out, for example the actual comeback date of Wonder Girls and matters regarding Sun Mi.

Guest songbird86

^ I was actually thinking about that just now.

I'm pretty nervous myself about what answers they'll give us. Does anyone know they time when they'll give us them? I really can't wait!

And on the note of Sohee wanting to leave to pursue acting in 2008, she's young. People change their mind about what profession they want to pursue all time. It's normal for a person her age to do that. She had people around her to reason with her and counsel her, because it would've been a huge loss and possibly a big mistake. But that's all in the past, no reason for people to be upset.

Guest jcsmark

dalianschedule.jpg

[schedule Announcement] JYPE girl group Wonder Girls’ September 3 Dalian schedule of activities

Dalian International Fashion Festival Opening Ceremony

Venue: Dalian Xinghai Square

Time: September 3, 20:00 (8PM)

Flight Information: Arriving September 3, 09:55AM OZ301 at Dalian Zhoushuizi Airport. Thank you!

-------

Wonder Girls’ Schedule

September 3rd, 2011

제 22 회 대련 국제 복장절 개막식 대련 국제 복장절: 大连国际服装节 / 大連國際服裝節

•Dalian International Fashion Festival

•Where: Xinghai Square, Dailan City, Liaoning Province ( 辽宁省大连市星海广场/ 遼寧省大連市星海廣場)

September 6th, 2011

•한국 농식품 수출 홍보대사 위촉식

•Publicity Ambassador for Korean Agri-Food Export Appointment Ceremony

•한국 농식품 수출 포스터 촬영

•Publicity Ambassador for Korean Agri- Food Export Poster Photo shoot

Credit wondergirlsworld

Guest wonderr23

20110829_ystar.jpg

On August 29th, cable channel Y-STAR recently took the time to spotlight the top 50 most beautiful stars in Korea. They polled 163 men and 176 women from the ages of 10 to 50 to compile the full list.

1. Kim Tae Hee

2. Shin Min Ah

3. Lee Min Jung

4. Song Hye Kyo

5. Lee Na Young

6. Han Ga In

7. Han Ye Seul

8. Soo Ae

9. IU

10. SNSD Yoona

11. Son Ye Jin

12. Ha Ji Won

13. Shin Se Kyung

14. Han Ji Min

15. Jeon Ji Hyun

16. Sung Yuri

17. Song Ji Hyo

18. SNSD Seohyun

19. Goo Hye Sun

20. Hwang Jung Eum

21. 2NE1 Sandara Park

22. Lee Yeon Hee

23. Choi Kang Hee

24. Lee Hyori

25. Jo Yeo Jung

26. Park Han Byul

27. Go Hyun Jung

28. Yoon Eun Hye

29. After School Uee

30. Moon Geun Young

31. Park Min Young

32. Go Ara

33. Kim So Yeon

34. Wonder Girls Sohee

35. Son Dam Bi

36. Kim Ah Joong

37. Lee Young Ae

38. Kim Ok Bin

39. Kim Hye Soo

40. BoA

41. BEG GaIn

42. Kim Hyo Jin

43. Go So Young

44. Eugene

45. Park Si Yeon

46. Kim Min Hee

47. Kim Nam Soo

48. Hwang Shin Hae

49. Lee Mi Seok

50. Jang Mi Hee

List and Video: hyesarou

Source: allkpop

Guest bammie92

regarding the Sohee issue. it's actually very heartbreaking. i think it mostly because of all the bashing she gets. we thought she's strong and can endure her pain as we never see her tears. But the truth, she is still very young back then. Sohee must be really hurt that she had the big thought. Sohee fighting! Wonderfuls will always be behind you :)

Guest loveeeWG

Cant wait for Tomorrow and December. And i really hope WG attends MAMA! It will be held in Singapore and i want to go! JYP better give WF satisfactory answers and not answers that beat around the bush..

Archived