Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wonderfuls~~ I don't think someone posted about this already, so here I am ^^

So, today I was searching about APink (new girl group) and I became their fan (LOL they're the only girl group I'm a fan of since WonderGirls XD) and while watching a video of member Bomi, she was singing Sunye's Il Wol Ji Ga (Song Of The Sun And The Moon) I was so happy to see something related to our Sunye ^^ hehe.

Bomi singing Sunye's Il Wol Ji Ga

@1:56 (I know it's short...)

I'm always happy to see rookies talking about WonderGirls or singing WonderGirls's songs. I feel like even after all this time rookies still look up to WonderGirls and it makes me so happy ^^ Especially this one, since Il Wol Ji Ga is from 2007 and it's an old song... I'm surprised Bomi still remember this song =') *proud Wonderful* XD

I think the Teen Vogue photoshoot is funny and after grabbing some stills it started growing on me.

Surely this is not their next concept but it is a good diversion from the usual images ^_^

Want proof?

eaaac1df7be14bb6463127ba9304e5fa_large.jpg

4f86323619d917e424cd6a16c1ac86b4_large.jpg

a5546702452e4c599dab6721e564ed24_large.jpg

2aa989bf966a93351883d22cb7063961_large.jpg

I can clearly figure the pic above on a billboard. It reminds me of a Benetton's campaigns of some years ago.

398e8fae32881fc6018e644d5721a2b5_large.jpg

80b1ed2218cfb241e2e3d15ac02e2d1c_large.jpg

4ca071756de06d9ae61d766ac5ca7238_large.jpg

^ This one is my favorite ^

5c26701259285a9a6367cb1c0a503c29_large.jpg

... well, if the flak is coming, let it come. I for myself think that even wearing plastic bags the girls would look lovely. And what the girls need most now is publicity B)

Guest jcsmark

^

Thanks for the screen caps, the girls look really lovely :)

Also speaking of publicity, it looks like Susan Blond Inc. is interested to be a part of Wonder Girls' publicity agency, (they are based in New York too).

april19.jpg

credit scottc1e@twitter

(The tweeter Scott Choi is in charge of the public relations and business affairs of the company)

Here's the website: http://susanblondinc.com/cms_about.aspx

Took a brief look into their client list, they have worked with a variety of artists including Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Flo Rida, the Spice Girls, etc..

Guest QUEENka9

I think the Teen Vogue photoshoot is funny and after grabbing some stills it started growing on me.

Surely this is not their next concept but it is a good diversion from the usual images ^_^

Want proof?

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I can clearly figure the pic above on a billboard. It reminds me of a Benetton's campaigns of some years ago.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

^ This one is my favorite ^

*quoted image*

... well, if the flak is coming, let it come. I for myself think that even wearing plastic bags the girls would look lovely. And what the girls need most now is publicity  B)

^^^^

Actually I really love the picture since it comes out. BUT I still don't know why people don't like it. Most of them just judge it by make up…especially Sohee.

I love the DIFFERENT. It’s really different from their previous image.

Another thing is…It’s a MAGAZINE’s photoshoot.

Here's my capture of the Teen Vogue BTS & Interview. The resolution is 720p, but the frames are just 15/sec, a limit of the screengrabber. It's good for taking still out, as the details remained quite sharp.

I must also highlight PikeYenny's version which is full fps and was made before mine

Wonder Girls @ Behind The Scenes And A Bonus Interview - Teen Vogue May 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyR8Fq5trQ

--

@jcsmark Good tip! Among Susan Blond's testimonials I see there are Ozzy Osbourne, Q-Tip, Usher, and Boy George :w00t:

http://susanblondinc.com/cms_testimonials.aspx

edit: Just looked at the presentation video... what amazing career.

Don't know about JYPE's current plans in the making, but this opportunity is intriguing.

Guest valentino_rossi46

WF flooding Jane and other JYPE staff about Susan blond cuz maybe Jane will miss this tweet

And spazz Scott about WGs, WGs members, achievements, ... as what we did when Tibi send request to Jane :)

The chance is coming, in several days, even JYPE didnt connect them, TiBi and Susanblond send their request on their own initiative XD. God hears the girls, JYPE staffs, fans's pray and sends to them unexpected offers :)

Infact, JYPE USA PR team is quite weak, hence, working with Susanblond is a good choice :)

Founded in 1986, Susan Blond, Inc. is a full-service publicity agency known for creating imaginative campaigns that put brands and personalities on the map. Our deep roots in the entertainment business give us an edge in the many industries that we service.

An Andy Warhol protege, Susan Blond has a legendary career of handling recording artists like Michael Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, and The Clash. Her team at Susan Blond, Inc. includes a seasoned staff that is well connected and passionate about their respective fields; a diverse range from music to media to art—and beyond.

With this depth of experience, Susan Blond, Inc. brings our clients:

- Results-oriented campaigns with meaningful placements in local and national print, online, radio and television.

- A fresh perspective and strategic thinking based on our research, relationships, and creativity.

- Integration with other marketing endeavors and developments for a unified message.

Our Services Include:

Crisis Management

Collateral Development and Press Materials

Event Consultation

National Publicity Campaigns

Product Launches

Social Media Strategy, Development and Execution

Store Openings

Tour Press

Tibi is a quite well known brand in US (they hv 500 stores?), now the girls need spazz their images everywhere in US

Guest shinhdeplol

Yubin tweeted :P

my feet and legs hurt from walking too much!! TT

I wonder if they went shopping or smt? :P

EDIT:

I think its a good thing that out of the artists in the Teen Vogue BTS, our girls are most eye-catching :lol:

Guest beceshawtti3

Wonder Girls are so admirable and such a good role model to look up to! Go Brave Girls and Wonder Girls!

at first~ it was really weird! but the interview looks are cool~ may be the lights and angles of that pic was the problem! but still they look good~

oh~ they are interested with the Wonder Girls wohoo~~ its so happy that they are the one who really find ways to contact Wonder Girls

Guest wonderfulalways

this is for the sake of understanding Wondergirls' performance in the KOSDAQ Market.

Source: http://news.khan.co....405&code=920201

--------------------------------------------------------------------

imagine the amount of money Wondergirls can gain if they do succeed in the US. Just think about it! The amount is going to be tenfolds!  :blink:  Suddenly...i want to be a JYP Entertainment employee. X))

i know this isn't about the wonder girls.. but, i think SM should give some attention to SJ and SHINee too. 

WOW.. our girls didn't release any new songs and they earned 57 billion. WOW!

well, me too.

i just wanna strangle the make up artist. 

and.. they put the girls with these artist who get to dress up freely according to their style.

UGH.

^

Thanks for the screen caps, the girls look really lovely :)

Also speaking of publicity, it looks like Susan Blond Inc. is interested to be a part of Wonder Girls' publicity agency, (they are based in New York too).

*quoted image*

credit scottc1e@twitter

(The tweeter Scott Choi is in charge of the public relations and business affairs of the company)

Here's the website: http://susanblondinc.../cms_about.aspx

Took a brief look into their client list, they have worked with a variety of artists including Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Flo Rida, the Spice Girls, etc..

OMG THATS SO COOL. 

LET US ALL TWEET JANE ABOUT THIS. SO THAT SHE CAN CHECK IT OUT.

Guest xjjjLOVE

No matter how much I look at it the Teen Vogue Shoot just want grow on me....

I really hope they have fired that make up artists and stylist because that is the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever seen! I mean looking at the others who were also featured...normal clothes, hair was completely normal....and then our girls were subjected to that

TT.TT

Either way....I'm glad they got some publicity.

Alsoooooo ahh, you guys seriously just make me so anxious, me2day...all coming back...hyping up fans (?!)

We haven't even reached the American album yet but I'm DYING (have been since 2009!) to get a hold on that Korean one

AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE'S, JYP YOU BETTER NOT MAKE IT RETRO OR ELSE.... !!!!

The girls have to show the world they are more then that! A dark look would fit me just fine...one of the things I most look forward to though is... Wonderbang

xD xD xD xD

We've waited to long!

I found this extremely cute, hehe.

i3hogn.jpg

On April 18th, a topic on an online community titled “Comparing girl groups’ nation” has garnered considerable attention. Inside the topic are pictures of SNSD, T-ara and other girl groups with a country’s flag next to them in relation to their situation.

This netizen started out by putting SNSD with the American flag, the reason being “the strongest in the world right now.” He continued to mention that “KARA could have rivaled SNSD at one point, but they had internal issues.” As a result, KARA is placed next to a picture of the Russian flag, since at one time America and Russia had the most power in the world.

Since Wonder Girls have expanded into oversea nations such as America, this netizen placed them next to a flag of the United Kingdom because it is “a country unbeaten by the ocean,” refering to Britain’s past oversea expansions and spreading english (hook song) to the world.

4minute is known for their sexy performances, and the group is placed next to Brazil for the famous Samba dance.

Due to problems in the past, T-ara has been placed next to the Japanese flag because Japan’s “problems in the past has not been acknowledged,” which drew laughter among netizens.

2NE1 is compared to China because “China is a developing nation that can rival America [sNSD].”

f(x) is compared to Canada because it is still economically dependant on America, miss A is compared to Spain because they are passionate and have a mix of different races, Brown Eyed Girls compared to France who has experienced the revolution at home and abroad (internally and externally) while SECRET is compared to Italy due to the big gap between rich (big boobs) and poor (small boobs).

Finally After School is next to the Indian flag because “India has the the greatest population and economical growth.”

After reading the descriptions, other netizens commented, “The person who made this is very smart”, and “Looking past the jokes, the comparisons are appropriate.”

Source: TV Daily via Nate, Indiafiber@6theory forums

credits: ALLKPOP.

Guest wonderr23

- - - - - - -

Sorry to interrupt, but can you translate the various chart category groups in the accompanying photo?

I'll like to confirm what the chart values mean, if you don't mind.

For example, does the 1st row refer to the respective top 'stable' earner, i.e. SNSD for SM Town & Big Bang for YG Family (as mentioned in the article text)?

If so, who is the JYP Nation equivalent -- 2PM (re: article title)? I would have thought 2AM or missA had bigger hits last year.

The figures are also for 2010, right? Neither YGE or JYPE were listed on the stock exchange yet then, so they have some leeway with creative accounting to maximize tax benefits.

You know...i find it kindah dumb that sometimes these medias write articles that are half-a$$ed. lol Like this one! Although 2pm and the Wondergirls are mentioned they did not elaborated on their profits. But it does said...JYP Entertainment gained the highest profit from their artists(2pm? wondergirls?)5.74 billion won last year. Maybe this is the combined profit from 2pm and Wonder Girls? both domestic and overseas..

Here's the chart categories...

587c9d795244e72e192864474cfc6bbf_large.jpg

Guest qoxie

^

Ah thanks. So the chart categories were basically generalizations.

The 2nd row makes sense now (lol).

- - - - - - -

Comforting to see prospective US partners interested in working with WG.

Esp. them taking the initiative on their own. They must like WG's potential & marketability.

- - - - - - -

WG's me2day accounts haven't taking off yet. Not sure the word has gotten around in Korea.

Ditto 2PM's. (Taecyeon & Chansung had created theirs around the same time as WG, give or take a day or two.)

LIM is the most active WG user so far, but has only 1,214 'friends' in 5 days.

Yeeun has 825 while Sohee has 187. Taecyeon has 1,251 & Chansung 1,475.

By comparison, San E has 50,133; JOO 15,686; J-Lim 10,376; & the 2AM boys each in the 88,000~133,000 range.

Links to the various social media accounts: http://fyjypnation.tumblr.com/links

I think LIM likes doing fan service, but I also think this is also a concerted effort on her part to connect with Korean WFs (whether prompted by JYPE or not).

- - - - - - -

It's April 20 today, or 6 weeks to June 1. The 'countdown' to JYP announcing a release date starts ticking for me...

Guest wonderfulalways

The ONLY thing I like about the Teen Vogue Photoshoot is the holding hands between each couple and hugging each other! SOO CUTEEEE X)))))

Archived