Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest TheArchangel

Guys, Mnet has opened its poll again. This time, it goes for 3 days. 66 hours to be exact. Right now, Wonder Girls are second to MYNAME. Here's the link. Don't hesitate to ask about registering and voting.

This MNET thing has been weird lately. Jaebeom, Son Ho Young and now MYNAME. I'm not surprised about them geting this much vote, I am surprise that its not consistent. Son Ho Young demolished WG and Park Jaebeom last week but now, Son Ho Young barely got any votes.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wendysmark

Anybody know if Sunye and Sohee are MC'ing for music bank again?

Nope. Today's MC is Yeeun and Sohee.

I read that Sunye has another schedule today also for KBS.

Guest savoir vivre

@qoxie: Congrats!! 

Thank God, this thread is going to be all about the Wonder Girls without all the negative energy :P ..

dances BMB:biggrin.gif

tumblr_luaq5exopO1qeuebro1_500.gif

cr: tumblr

Guest TheArchangel

Mnet November 2011

MnetNovember2011.jpg

Source: mnet.com

Recap:

02: Be My Baby

16: Me, In

26: GNO

31: Girls, Girls

43: Stop!

53: Act Cool (feat. San E)

62: Sweet Dreams

71: Dear Boy

78: Du Go Du Go

81: Nu Shoes

99: SuperB

11/12 Songs in the Top 100 of the Month. This comeback is truly a success. They might not have dominated the awards but their return to the music scene was definitely received well. How many KPOP artists out there can say that their entire album is daebak?

Guest TheArchangel

Guys, Soompi has appointed me as a new mod for this thread.

I am still checking to see what tools I have, while also contacting the other mods.

First order of business: HoneysuckleRose, you are no longer welcome here.

The other Soompiers, please bear with it while I figure out how to delete the heckler's posts.

Bye Bye, HoneysuckleRose.

BTW, guys can you also include your sources? Like with the Ye Eun Sohee MC thing. There might be other WG news in sites where you get them. They might just be in Korean, Japanese or Chinese.

Guest loveeeWG

@Qoxie

WOW congrats!!!

And yes sometimes i dont understand honeysuckle/

And today's music bank mc is Yeeun and Sohee~

:wub: :wub:

:( WG didnt win yesterday??

No triple crown? :((((

Guest TheArchangel

JYP Audition ~ 2PM & Wonder Girls Message

cr: sorasuchantaec

Only Sohee and Sunye. WG starts at 1:31 after all the 2pm members. Hope someone can translate. Even if its just the Sohee and Sunye part. My apologies if this was shared before. Just saw it in twitter a few minutes ago.

Congrats @qoxie, I hope your new role is not going to take too much of your time.

--

Jane tweeted yesterday that she was taking a flight to Korea.

She had an exchange of tweets with Lim:

*quoted image*

And, still in the US camp, Wes Aderhold tweeted Lim a few days ago:

*quoted image*

Credits: JANEyjK@twitter, WesAderhold@twitter

Who's Wes Aderhold?

I finished transcribing the second half of SBS Strong Heart, Part 1. Same request: DO NOT REPRODUCE OR REDISTRIBUTE OUTSIDE OF SOOMPI WG THREAD. Enjoy.

Lee Seung Gi (LSG): Next up is a contest between the long-absent pair, Nineties star [Lee Bon] & 21st-century stars WG.

Lee Bon: WG, you need not be anxious cuz I will endure the air blower today. I am not witty or humorous, so WG need not be anxious. Let me endure the air blower. (She received a sudden shot, & reacted horrified.)

LSG: Our air blower is awesome. Anytime, per your wish. Want another shot?

Lee Bon: No! I don't want anymore!

LSG: Since you say so. I guess, no more.

[The topic is Nineties fads. Lee Bon highlighted the hair bun, calling it the 'poo' hairstyle.]

Boom: Sohee had a model 'poo' hairstyle. Didn't you tie up a lot of 'poo'?

Sohee: It was very pretty & also made my face looked small.

LSG: So it can make one's face look small.

Sohee: The 'poo' can make a wide face smaller *smiles at the pun*

LSG: If the 'poo' is bigger, it can exaggerate too.

Boom: *jokes* If so, then a gigantic 'poo'...

Sohee: I tied it too high one day, My group members say it was kinda over the top...

Boom: She tied it too high.

[The conversation switches back to Lee Bon's past. Bae Yong Joon did his first CF with her. Then a quick plug from Kim Young Chul about his radio DJ gig. Next, Lee Bon gets to perform Nineties-era dances.]

LSG: Next up, let's talk more with WG! Who's it gonna be? Let's go with Yeeun. *reads her blackboard* JYP. He's a CEO. You quarreled with him? He's actually your company CEO, right. Nothing happened after the quarrel?

Yeeun: It's already over. Should be all right.

LSG: Of course we will be all right. Although we love unpleasant anecdotes too.

Yeeun: *laughs* Love 'em, love 'em. They're delightful.

LSG: It can't be always about the good stuff. What were the circumstances for the quarrel?

Yeeun: We had argued a lot recently. Before it exploded, missA had released the BGGG song...

LSG: Yes, it was greatly received.

Yeeun: Pre-release, we got to hear the song at our company. He played it for us & asked for our feedback. I loved the song. Even at first listen, it felt like a surefire hit. Quietly & cautiously, I asked whether we can have the song. He said "No!"

LSG: *mimics* "No!" Why? Why not?

Yeeun: He said, "Which one among you can dance this good?" He meant none of us. He was joking, but at time time I wasn't at a loss of words with retorts. "Aigoo, it will be fine once we practice & practice it." Anyway, things blew over. Later, PD began to let me write songs. He got elated in touting this other song as a surefire hit to us. He was grinning from ear to ear. "Kids, come here. This is great." We sat down & the song began to play. We felt a bad premonition from the get-go. "Biong biong biong biong~ biong biong biong biong~!" It was just too retro!

LSG: It was utterly retro.

Yeeun: I must have looked unimpressed. The others left, but PD made me stay back & he asked about my lack of enthusiasm. I told him directly, "PD, I don't like this song!"

LSG: *acts shocked* So direct. Park Jin Young was touting this hit song for you girls to sing...

Yeeun: "The dance will be like this, & you'll be wearing such-&-such outfits." He was so convinced. "It will result in a global craze." Fortunately, I was hesitant enough. It was in America. I was dead tired, & was missing my family. Given that frame of mind, coupled with what was transpiring, I thought he was going to lose his temper. But he spoke back calmly, & also comforted me. He said, "Yeeun ah. So be it if you hate this song, how can I let you girls sing anything you dislike. But to have you look so unimpressed, how can I motivate myself to continue writing songs for you girls." He was speaking that kindly. Made me feel so apologetic. Made me bawl my eyes out. I said sorry to him. He patted my back & said it's okay.

LSG: Certainly, loud quarrels aren't a solution. There are always going to be differences in opinion. In truth, does Sunye remember the incident that day?

Sunye: Actually, we didn't know back then. Yeeun was alone when she quarreled with PD. But the song got canned later. It was not released.

LSG: It wasn't released.

Boom: "Biong biong biong~" Can we have the song? We like it! It will be great if we can make it into our logo's theme song.

LSG: So interesting. "Biong biong biong~" 

Byeon Gi Su (BGS): Maybe some rookie can get to sing it someday.

WG: *skeptical* As... for... this~ *laughs*

BGS: It sounded that awful? That awful?

LSG: It doesn't look good. Writing one's own songs, it might feel inspiring & expectant. But let others have a listen & it might occasionally lead to disappointment. One might feel upbeat about one's own songs, "This is great! This is a surefire hit!" For my album, I penned the song 'Time For Love'. [He sings a line; the crowd woofs.] I can't sing Lee Seung Gi's song anymore now! Actually, I wrote several songs, but recorded only this one. When I first wrote the 'Time For Love' lyrics, I showed them to Lee Sun Hee senior & some others. Their verdict is that my lyrics lacked depth. [Everyone laughs.] I really thought I wrote great! Then I was made to realize my lyrics lacked depth. Still, I included them in my album. Song Dae Kwan senior must be listening to the younger generation's songs a lot?

[segment with Song Dae Kwan.]

LSG: Did Sohee get to pre-listen to others' songs?

Sohee: PD let me test-hear 2PM's 'Hands Up' prior. I told him directly, "PD, this part is not making much impact on me." After I finished, he immediately said, "Really? Let me fix it then." We made some changes together, & the altered version was later released.

LSG: 2PM's 'Hands Up' owes its popularity to Sohee!

Sohee: Ah...

LSG: So Sohee took part in the song arrangement! *claps*

Boom: Sohee was the song arranger!

LSG: Which song part failed to make an impact on you?

Sohee: "달리자고~ 달리자고~ Daljijago~ Dalijago~" that repeating part. That wasn't the original melody. It was a different one, but didn't sound palatable & so..

Boom: That part turned out great. *sings* "Jeongshin Ppajidorok~ Jeongshin Ppajidorok~ Jeongshin Ppajidorok~ " That part is very magnetic! It forms the POINT of the song!

LSG: Sohee does appear to have made it popular.

Boom: Indeed, she helped arrange the song.

Yeeun: Actually, she helped me out before too. It was for G.N.O. Sohee was my inspiration for the song.

Boom: How is Sohee the inspiration?

Yeeun: For those turning 20, they are reaching the age of wanting to go nightclubbing. That kind of aspiration. Sohee turned 19 after her birthday, & she broached to us about going nightclubbing.

Boom: You wanted to go nightclubbing!

Yeeun: So me & Yoobin unni, since we're both unnis, we said, "Let's go!" "Let's go!" We were willing to play the unni role, & so we went to a nightclub. For the occasion, Yoobun unni wore a tight-fitting black miniskirt. Sohee wore a white see-through outfit, something that was a little revealing, plus very tall high heels. Hence the first line of my song: "Ttag bunneun BLACK DRESS salchag bichineun SHIRTS & KILL HEELS" (tight-fit black dress, see-through shirts & kill heels). The inspiration came from there.

LSG: Can we hear the song?

Yeeun: [ad-libs first verse] Something like that.

Boom: What if Sohee had not worn that outift that day...

Yeeun: The lyrics won't be the same, yes.

BGS: It won't be the same if she had worn sportswear. *sings in Korean* "Tight-fit black dress, blue sportswear." Aigoo, that's quite comical. (He claps & tilts head 45 degrees, laughing at himself.)

Boom: Byeon Gi Su, don't be like that. [To Sohee] You wanted to go nightclubbing as you hit 20.

Sohee: I wanted to try it, having never gone before. Maybe it's fate, but the crowds turned out too packed & I got shoved here & there.

Eunhyuk: Aren't nightclubs supposed to be crowded?

Boom: Yes, it's only fun if nightclubs draw many people. Dancing & getting shoved around.

LSG: You don't wish to go nightclubbing anymore?

Sohee: Umm, not so much now.

LSG: *mimics disappointment* [sohee does same.] So regrettable. She doesn't want nightclubbing anymore. Yeeun penned her own song. If it's not impolite, can we hear a live rendition. Give us the opportunity.

Yeeun: [introduces song]  I'm not good with the guitar, having learned it only a few months. Your comments are appreciated.

LSG: Come, let us listen to the song 'Smile.' 

[Yeeun performs 'Smile'.] 

LSG: Yeeun sang very well! Next up, who's the winner of TALK BATTLE? 

[The latter is not shown in this episode, as the rest of the show featured segments with Kim Won Hyo & Hwang Hye Young.]

Guest TheArchangel

SNSD’s Tiffany and Wonder Girls’ Ye Eun as female idol stars who seem to speak English well

December 02, 2011 4:30 pm eternalc2h

SNSD’s Tiffany and Wonder Girls’ Ye Eun ranked No. 1 and 2, respectively, as idol stars who seem to speak English well.

Seven Edu surveyed total 548 people from November 7 to December 1 about “female idol stars who seem to speak English well.” Tiffany (172 people, 31.4%) ranked No. 1 and Ye Eun (135 people, 24.7%) ranked No. 2.

The reason Tiffany ranked No. 1 seems to be because she used to speak fluent English, almost like a native speaker, on variety shows and at formal events.

Ye Eun, who ranked No. 2, is known as a smart girl that she used to keep her grades in the upper ranks of her class. Her recent interviews done in English while she was in the States show that she is good at English.

SNSD have recently come back with their 3rd album The Boys, and Wonder Girls with “Be My Baby.” They are actively performing and promoting their albums.

Source:

Xportsnews

taken from korea.com

I think the writer didn't do his research. SNSD Tiffany was born and raised overseas. Anyway, congrats Ye Eun.

Guest TheArchangel

111202 Music Bank Performance Line-up

Rocket Power – Lee Ji-hye

Hate Me – M.Street

Stay At Shanghai – Wink

Even the Edge of Clothes - M Signal

Mini Me – Xcross

Love, Such a Thing – Park So-bin

Broken Yesterday – Flower

Because I’m Crazy – AA

Can’t Have a Word with You - Beige

By Chance - LED APPLE

You Would Never Know - JCERA

Pop Pop Pop - RaNia

Window - Trax

G.D.M – M.I.B

Ma Boy2 (Feat. Yejin of BraveGirls) - Electro Boys

My My – A Pink

Burning Friday (Feat. Simon D) – Dynamic Duo

A long day - Tim

Sales King - Norajo

Love Letter – AfterSchool, DongHo, JongHyun

Oh My Gosh – Seo In-yeong

Cry Cry – T-ara

Be My Baby – Wonder Girls

Uncle – IU

You&I –IU

The Boys – Girls’ Gneration

Source: link

4th to the last performance. Weird, though SNSD will perform Mr. Taxi. Anyway, might be a typo.

I think it would be T-ara VS SNSD. Do hope SNSD wins. T-ara just uses so much loud backtrack.

Guest Celangel

^Actually according to the people who already predicted the scores, it will be snsd vs WG again today.

As for your last point, we got your point the first time no need to keep repeating it :lol:

I'm just curious how the fans are able to calculate the points for music bank? Do wonderfuls know how to calculate the points as well? I mean broadcast points and viewers preference, how do they calculate that? If those points are always the factors that dominate even the 60% digital sales, what's the point of releasing a good quality album when your broadcast and appearance are more important to KBS?

Archived