Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

I totally agree. 

I think this has been said a few times already, but please listen. We shouldn't worry about trophies, it doesn't mean everything. What should matter to Wonderfuls is being with the Wonder Girls, supporting them and being happy with their activities, because this is what we have been hoping for the ages! Like I said before, trophies do not indicate how well the song has done, because Nobody did not actually win many awards but look what happened. It was the song of year and the craze traveled to other countries and became a big hit there too. We all know that they have done well digitally and their position in the digital charts have been stable for the last few weeks. Their rank in the digital charts is bound to drop as artists release new songs. 

Don't be beat up if Wonder Girls don't win today. It doesn't really matter to me. 

Please don't hurry the girls back to the U.S just because the music industry may be 'fair' compared to Korea, because KWDFs and IWDFs have been waiting for this comeback for ages. Wonder Girls' schedule is quite packed. They're just doing what we have wanted them to do. We've been wanting to see them on shows, radio shows, on music shows and this is what we're getting and they're bound to be tired, so we shouldn't complain. We really should not blame KWDFs for anything. I think they've been rather helpful this time round, as they're reaching out to IWDFs and keeping us updated with information. We should be thankful to them. Afterall, we're all under the same fandom.

I don't want to be a party pooper or whatnot, but I think we should follow Wonder Girls' mind set as their fans. Remember, one of the reasons why JYP and Wonder Girls chose to go to the U.S. They said they achieved everything they could in Korea, so they've been there before, it's not a big matter to them anymore. 

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheArchangel

Accdg to twitter, its SNSD and WG again for number 1.

Just have to get this out. There's nothing wrong about wanting WG to win. Yes the album is for the fans, but the awards can be considered as the fans' gift to the girls. So please don't be frustrated when people here are obsess in giving WG a win. It's not like we can be like this all year long. Who knows when they will release a new material.

Obviously, fans want their idols to win, like a FC Barcelona's fan who want his favorite team to win the Champions league.

But it's not the end of the world if the girls don't win every trophies of Korea because at the end of the day we will only remember their performances, their hardwork, their overall good album, the feeling of seing the girls on TV show, not how many trophies they win.

So winning it's like the ice on the cake but you have to remember that it's actually a very tasty and big cake... :lol:

@honeysucklerose It is quite amusing how you have such a sweet name but can be so venomous here. Roses have their thorns i suppose. First you show interest in joining the fanclub then you put the Wonder Girls in a very unflattering light and now you seem to have the WG's best interest at heart. All those harsh remarks about WG makes me wonder if you simply enjoy riling us up. Is this some sort of test? To see how much of mannerfuls we are? Or how strong we can be? In that case, bravo. I've never seen the others here at soompi defend the girls so much before. Although some may not be so subtle or calm, i'd say this is a great fanclub to be in. And if you chose not to join the fanclub because of what you think of the fans, then, your loss.

@K3A9OR1 I hope you understand that the girl group rivalry in k-pop is hard to keep at the back of our minds. But you're right, some remarks made may have crossed the line. But we've waited so long you know? And the no-win was definitely a blow that we just had to vent here. This is, after all a place where the Wonderfuls can share their thoughts.

Just watched pike's videos (what a sweetheart, can you believe all the effort that must have been put in to be so consistent with those updates?) and there was one where GG was singing along to WG. Slowly turning me into a WonderGeneration fan. But it also made me think, they're the same in so many ways. They train hard, and they're doing what they love. They're all on the same boat. So we rock one side, the other is affected too.

And about k-wonderfuls, i say, Respect. It would've been natural for a fan to feel betrayed when their idol leaves for 2 years(with only a 2 week comeback) to reach success in a different continent where they're almost completely cut off from the korean music scene. I think SunYe's tears the other day was almost like shock (kind of like what Rita86 said). They knew their fanclub had decreased in great numbers and to still have a solid fanbase in korea right now is probably more than what they're asking for. Their intention is just to give, after all :)

Wow. Spoke too much. Sorry, i never really like to spam but needed to speak my thoughts. Off to watch the girls on MuBank now. Goodbyes.

Guest TheArchangel

I don't know if this was posted already but Wonder Girls won M Cointdown yesterday. There was no episode but the ranking was posted on their site. Here's the link.

1st - Wonder Girls (Be My Baby)

2nd - T-ara (Cry Cry)

3rd - Lee Seung Gi (친구잖아)

oh wow. so now people are being over sensitive that other groups are being talked about here? did we insult them? NO.

Don't freaking act as if competition isn't brought up in any other thread. for goodness sake. sheesh. as long as we are keeping everything civil I don't see anything wrong with that.

right now, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. lol. they fared much better last week so I'm not expecting a win this week.

Stage was good!

I'm not really a fan of those black dresses i prefer the white ones but it's goo to change once in a while.

Yenny looked really happy? :lol:

WonderGeneration hug at the end was really nice!

Regardless of wether they win or lose i hope Minahn continue MCing till they end promotions!

Guest m y s t i q u e

WOOT WOOT.

CONGRATS to the WONDERGIRLS for putting on an AMAZING performance tonight!

I'm going to send them my very own award for rocking it out. And Minahn mc-ed again. I love it when they mc together.

Loved that the stage was uncomplicated and I love their dresses! Leather and black is

a great Wondergirls COMBO.

AND YES THEY WON MNET COUNTDOWN again. GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I really hope they're gonna attend all the gayos and show us different versions

of BMB and other songs off the album.

I know they're going to promote all around asia but that doesn't mean that they

can't fly back to korea to record shows and etc!

Wonder Girls have been wearing a lot of Givenchy recently. I think it's due to Sohee's influence lol. 

Wonder Girls win 2nd award at M! Countdown for the November 24th episode

Last night, Mnet M! Countdown aired a special episode featuring past winners of Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) with MC Tony Ahn walking viewers through it. Due to the special episode and obvious clash of the music shows with the 2011 Melon Music Award broadcasting during the same time, the winner for last night's show was revealed on the website. The top 3 contenders for the November 24th episode of M! Countdown was Wonder Girls with "Be My Baby," T-ara with "Cry Cry," and Lee Seunggi with "Friends." Wonder Girls continue their streak and stays in 1st place for the 2nd week in a row with T-ara close in 2nd and Lee Seunggi in 3rd. Congratulations to Wonder Girls for their 2nd M! Countdown win! Source: M!Countdown

I'm not sure if everyone knows about this but WonderSubbers no longer post on YT. It's very easy to receive a strike and fast too. As uploading takes a lot of time, WonderSubbers have decided to move to Facebook. There are rules, so please read them beforehand. WonderSubbers Facebook page.

Guerilla Date was uploaded yesterday after it's download release on WG Spectacle. Check it out here - 111112 WG Guerilla Date

Guest meldawg

yes yes yes they lost again today...but I'm not sad like last week

it's just a trophy and i just think that's not a big problem to wonderfuls if they not win

we still love wg and still support them:D

^ I thought the dresses was a nice change^^ hahas, I really hope they bring out the other leather black dresses soon <3 I can't wait to see them perform in those hats as well! The performance was once again amazing, and I actually appreciate the smaller stage; it really had the 80's feel to it. I really liked the outfits MinAhn both wore and ah, Sunye's hair looks absolutely stunning today and Sohee's as well. I hope they'll have the opportunity to MC next week as well! Hahas, and does anyone know when sketchbook airs?

Guest Mia_Mia

The difference was 70 points!?.... So super close!!.

Mu Bank ending

Gahh....but WG looked gorgeous and it was good performance. I'm happy :) .It was cute seeing the two groups hug towards the end. Sunye+Yoona and Sunye+Jessica, Yubin+Jessica

edit- Lol...Sunye also had interactions with Taeyeon,Tiffany, Seohyun and Yuri. She's such a social butterfly :P

Guest nambo07

So it was a close 50/50 battle like i said, only a 100+ish(?) difference. Congrats to the winner. :) lots of wonder generation moments+ huggings!

^ sun ye does look tired, she didnt seem too energetic today.. I hope she gets some rest.

Guest lami201

The difference was 70 points!?.... So super close!!.

wow soo close :D 123 points !

thats really great :) ahh somehow i am really happy :)

i could not see how much points they had

because my stream was blurry (?!)

WG <33333333333

Archived