Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest yubin4ever

OMG Allkpop is killing me with how long they are taking to upload the girl's performances. And I cant even find it anywhere on youtube. I already miss seeing GNO being performed live lol

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest i.said.goodbye

LMAOOOOO! Yoobin looks horrified at having dropped and broken the trophy :P

It's so cute to see the rest of the girls laughing though... they're chemistry on stage together is unbeatable :)

20ayqew.jpg

nwworq.jpg

dmtjpu.jpg

credit wonderr23 @twitter + as tagged

Guest Mia_Mia

please translate!

원더걸스 이력서, 신세경에 이은 '미친 인맥 大공개'

1321514713576.jpg

[엑스포츠뉴스 = 방송연예팀 배성은 기자] 걸 그룹 '원더걸스'의 자필 이력서가 화제가 되고 있다.

'원더걸스'는 17일 오후 방송되는 Mnet '와이드 연예뉴스-오픈 스튜디오 토크(OST)'에 출연해 자필 이력서를 공개한다.

이날 방송에서 '원더걸스'는 자필이력서를 통해 멤버 5명의 키와 몸무게, 취미, 습관, 인맥, 외국어 실력까지 '원더걸스'의 비밀스런 개인 정보까지 솔직하게 밝힐 예정이다.

리더 선예는 '소녀시대' 멤버들과 가수 이효리, 옥주현 등 톱스타들과의 친분을 자랑했고, KBS 2TV '개그콘서트-생활의 발견' 코너를 통해 인기몰이를 하고 있는 개그우먼 신보라를 기재해 관심을 모았다.

특히 예은은 배우 신세경을 언급해 궁금증을 불러 일으켰으며, 유빈은 과거 '오소녀' 연습생 생활을 함께했던 '애프터스쿨' 유이, '시크릿' 효성, 솔로로 활동 중인 지나와의 변함없는 우정을 자랑했다. 혜림은 'miss A'(미스에이), 'f(x)'(에프엑스) 멤버들과의 친분을 과시했다.

한편, '멤버들 중 이것만은 고쳐줬으면 하는 것'이란 질문에 유빈과 예은은 동시에 리더 선예를 지목하며, "인터뷰 할 때 선예가 말이 너무 길어 좀 줄여줬으면 하는 바람이 있다"고 말했다.

source : http://news.nate.com/view/20111117n20314

Guest TheArchangel

Wonder Girls Yenny Breaks Down While Talking about Life in U.S.

by: thunderstix on Nov 17, 2011

The Wonder Girls appeared on the November 17 episode of MBC “Golden Fishery – Radio Star” and were asked some tough questions regarding their U.S. promotions. The hosts of the show, Yoon Jong Shin, Kim Gu Ra, Kim Gook Jin, and Super Junior’s Kyu Hyun, joked about Wonder Girls’ U.S. promotions that in their words did not result in as much success as anticipated.

The hosts first started to mock the girls by saying, “If you guys (Wonder Girls) had stayed in Korea then you would have joined the recent K-Pop boom, but you picked the wrong time to leave,” and “At least if you had made a lot of money it would have felt better.” They followed up with the question, “What was the most difficult thing in the U.S.?”

After a brief moment of silence, Yenny opened up and said, “It’s hard to pick one thing but I would say the language barrier was the hardest.” And then she started to shed some tears as she said, “Language does not improve over a day. I could freely express myself in Korean, but to do it in English, I had to be careful with every single word and I was punished a lot for that.”

Sunye added, “People would just say anything because they don’t see any substantial results from our U.S. promotions, but that really hurt us a lot.”

Sohee also said, “We are very Korean-minded, so it took us a while to learn the U.S. customs. Our personalities aren’t even that outgoing, as opposed to a lot of Americans who are very extroverted. And so when they saw me being quiet, they would just think, ‘Oh, she doesn’t want to work with us anymore.’”

After becoming one of the most popular girl groups since their debut in 2007, Wonder Girls flew to the States in 2009 and mostly spent their time focusing on U.S. promotions. Despite enjoying some success – they ranked at #76 on the Billboard Music Chart – the Wonder Girls have been bashed by some for not making it even bigger in the U.S., a prime example being U.S. producer Teddy Riley’s tweet that said, “Wonderfuls just mad, Wonder Girls are flops in America and no one cares about them.”

taken from

soompi

Guest emjaybahaya

SENGIL CHUKHAE WOONDERGIRLS!

i almost burst into tears when i saw leader sun crying :_) theres like a flashback that comes into my mind after seeing them won. all the hardwork they have done all the sacrifices they have made and to see that they are still loved by the wonderfuls despite of everything is so touching! im so proud and honored to be a wonderful :)

Congrats to the girls. I haven't watch the performance but just browsing through the last couple pages. Already getting teary eyed. Will watch later when I get off work. Lols can't go to work w/ red puffy eyes. ahehe!

Guest my2wonder

YES THEY DID IT !! THEY WON ! AND THEY TAKE THE TROPHY AND DROPPED IT LIKE A BOSS

:wub: :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

GOSH how I love these ladies<3

They really don't care too much about the trophy like their care about each other <3

FIGHTING WGs <3 I hope you will win tomorrow and drop the trophy as well XD

TODAY , the girls make me proud , smile , cry , and laugh .. they really make my day <3

Guest wonderful ♡

Lots lots lots of pictures... Here are the ones from ARTS NEWS.

2271_L_1321527698.jpg

2271_L_1321527863.jpg

Min Omma and her bb Lim <3

2271_L_1321528704.jpg

2271_L_1321529132.jpg

2271_L_1321529696.jpg

2271_L_1321530322.jpg

2271_L_1321531143.jpg

2271_L_1321531719.jpg

2271_L_1321528228.jpg

2271_L_1321529132-1.jpg

G.N.O. performance

201111172056191002_1.jpg

201111172015779029_1.jpg

201111172016775116_1.jpg

201111172057081002_1.jpg

2011111720170374303_1.jpg

2011111720120465345_1.jpg

2011111720154871149_1.jpg

2011111720043038384_1.jpg

Credit: as tagged / please don't hotlink!

Guest TheArchangel

Gaon says that wonder sold more physical album last week. I do hope it reflects on Music Bank tomorrow. Wonder Girls is handicapped tomorrow because they don't have points in the viewer's preference which is 10% of the total score.

Guest kimmyrout

Just watched them winning #1 on M Countdown! It's a bittersweet victory, and I couldn't help shedding some tears while watching SunYe cry! All of them must've been so worried and nervous about making a comeback in Korea after being away for over a year.

I'll always support them no matter what, but as a Wonderful, I can't help but feel upset at JYP's decision to take them away to America at the height of their fame. To be brutally honest, I don't think they'll succeed in the U.S. - this has nothing to do with the girls; I just don't think America is ready to accept a non-Western musical act.

I'm sure the situation is much more complicated than I could possibly comprehend, but from a fan's perspective, all I want to see is for them to succeed and to reach their full potential, which might only be feasible in their home country and/or Asia.

Anyway. I'm rambling.. :sweatingbullets: I guess watching them win #1 brought up so many emotions and memories...

Wonder Girls FTW!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Guest Mia_Mia

I don't think Sunye solo was shared

2271_L_1321532060.jpg

read this on twitter

WG's nickname for Lim is Liminem - reason? She raps like Eminem...lol

Yubin's close friends/contacts in the entertainment industry are - Uee, Hyosung

For Yeeun - Shin Se Kyung,

For Sunye - SNSD, Lee Hyori and Ock Ju Hyun,

For Lim - Miss A and f(x) Luna.

None for Sohee apparently

Wow... Lee Hyori too?.

rofl....WG's expressions!

tumblr_lut3f3nH071qi1bw5o1_500.jpg

credit peachsem

Guest CuteCheeks

I don't usually cry for my bias, but Wonder Girls made me cry of joy already two times:first, when they released their album, and today for the second time.

I'm so proud of them. They worked so hard to reach their dreams so it just makes me happy seeing them win.

Sunye comforted Lim, who was crying, and I was able to see how close they've become.

I laughed as they dropped the trophy, their face expressions were priceless X°D

Guest qsslave

congratulations wonder girls on the first winning!!!!

it must be an emotional winning for them...

it is also emotional for the wonderfuls..unlike others who are promoting,we cant see wonder girls as often they can see their favorites... :tears:

so please let kwonderfuls/iwonderfuls to be a bit protective,proactive,insane,crazy,delusional for this precious 1-2months korean promotion... blush.gif

and then u can enjoy ur idols for the whole year :w00t:

hey i heard tht sone calculated for tomorrow's mb and i think snsd is gonna win tomorrow. they think the score will be 13329 for snsd and 10817 for wg.

Archived