Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest onedaymaniac

i love all the teaser pics!!!

but i thought the girls gonna ditch retro

when the teaser pics still have the retro-vibe.

outfit,hairstyle,the guns n etc.

i guess wg will never escape retro...

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iheartu

Imagine if they are those old school vampire slayers in their mv loool. And you know how Lim has no gun, yea she has powers! Lol She's going to be the one slaying the master vampire lol my head is way into the clouds right now. I'm too happy, i'm neglecting my studies haha

Guest yubin4ever

i love all the teaser pics!!!

but i thought the girls gonna ditch retro

when the teaser pics still have the retro-vibe.

outfit,hairstyle,the guns n etc.

i guess wg will never escape retro...

I think this is just one of the outfits. The other outfits might be a lot more modern, and judging form the music video pics, the video doesnt look retro at all. And I think a little retro can be a good thing

I don't actually think the outfits/concept are retro... Aside from the guns(old western) and Sunye's Micheal Jackson inspired hair ... then yeah, pretty much like what I mentioned in my earlier post, I think the overall concept is pretty different from retro, he mostly aimed for a westernized era from what I'm judging Lim's hat is a flapper inspired hat, and the girls guns. I love the black and white might I add, it's so nice and classy, and totally western era <33333 The outfits are pretty much modern, I love the polka dots sheer and the velvet, and as someone previously mentioned velvet is making a huge comeback in the fashion industry <3 I'm really into the outfits displayed in these teasers, I really hope in the next set there would be more group photos and what not.

Guest hrmmmhum

Within 2 hours, WG are almost at 2500 comments at allkpop :)

3rd most popular article at the moment, 447 tweets, and 919 facebook likes!

**EDIT: Yup, they're past 2500 comments and WG's article is number 1!!! :)

**EDIT 2: The article has had over 33,000 views so far! (In 3 hours)

Some fanmade teaser videos:

" R U READY ?!" Wonder Girls Teaser pics

Cr: lovelyday3009 @ Youtube

I like the music in that one ^ :) it's a pretty accurate of JYP's style -- maybe they got the beat from one of his old performances? with him and Rain, I think? But it's mixed with So Hot and other stuff

Wonder Girls - The Queens Are Back

Cr: PikeYenny4 @ Youtube

The preorders that started in 2009 is not the CD coming out in November. If you want their Korean album, you will having to actively purchase that. The CD that alot of us preordered from their website will be out in early 2012, b/c that will be the english album*quoted image*

Edit:

If you want to preorder the K-album, you can do it here:

http://www.kpoptown.com/home-music-cd-dvd/3878-wonder-girls-2nd-album-cd-poster.html

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot!

Guest talksound

i guess i'm the only one not getting that retro vibe :mellow:

Yubin really looks amaze she's lost so much weight!

@wonderfulsohee i stole your sig if you don't mind!

They're not supposed to be doing retro again. It's like.. been there done that.. 3 times..

And why does yoobin have to lose weight to look amazing?

On another note, I don't know exactly what to expect yet though.. but I want something catchy and with some sexiness. And I'm sure this is pretty close but I don't want the western gimmick. What's with the guns? Anyway, can't wait to hear the song!

It seems like this is going to be a huge time for yoobin to shine.. she really does look amazing. What's her hair color going to be?

I like the lacy material in what they're wearing. They're not going in any route that seems familiar that we've seen in kpop and I hope they come back with a BANG! Honestly, 2DT was kind of a flop, but I hope this puts them back at the top!

Well it doesn't really matter, because seem like everyone is going a little retro with their style even artists in the States. Also outside of the music scene most people going retro with their fashion; but with a modern touch. I think this is what jype is aiming for, something modern but add a favor of retro into it. Because honestly I don't think we can ever get away from retro. It seem like the retro trend is starting to pick up across the counties, well mostly the 80th kind of style. Anyway I like the concept even though I don't know what is it; I wonder what their deal with the gun? I hope it be explain more in their music video. It might have something to do with the video. *Sigh well Monday seem like a long time from now. .

I was about to go to sleep but now I can't ^O^

Come on Wonderfuls post, post . . let Spazz together and give our girls a 3rd thread, but don't spam tho lol

Guest WonderfulSohee

Wonderfuls Cafè [sCHEDULE]

10/28 (Fri) 1st teaser photo released

10/31 (Mon) 2nd teaser photo release

11/1 (Tues) 1st teaser video release

11/3 (Thurs) 2nd teaser video release

11/4 (Fri) Track songs list release

11/7 (Mon) Songs and Music Video release

info : Official WonderFul Daum Cafe http://cafe.daum.net/wg070210 + translated by Wonderfuls Cafè@fb

:w00t: In the words of Rain and Junho 'I am so ESSITED'!

When I first saw the photos I instantly got a modern chic femme fatale meets moulin rouge saloon (due to antique gun) feel to it. I don't care what haters say but in the words of jyp in 2pm's electricity song 'we're back'! Yes the girls are back! :wub:

Glad they finally release dates for next teasers b/c I will have to take naps in order to witness all this unfold. Don't want to miss anything. lol.

Guest Scarletsecrets

I just saw the photos, and the girls look AMAZING! Not a huge fan of Leader Min's hair, but maybe it'll grow on me.:sweatingbullets:  OMG! They look so classy, mature and sophisticated. I have no complaints about anything, really. I LOVE Lim's look. I'm so glad the stylists didn't mess up her hair, because the girl is gorgeous. They all look FLAWLESS! :D

I'm loving the black and white pictures! For the WonderBang fans, don't you think that it's a callback to Big Bang's 'Love Song'?;)

Guest hrmmmhum

So after finding out the tracklist/songs/album, we have the weekend to suffer T__T

Yubin tweeted!

WGyubin Yubin Kim

원더걸스의 첫번째 티져 어떠셨나요?? 하지만 그저 시작에 불과하다는거... How do u like our 1st teaser?? But this is just a beginning... R U Ready???

1 hour ago

Taecyeon tweeted this!!! How cute LOL but it really is nice to hear :wub:

taec_cool ☃티아 ☃

" LOVE how JYPE girl groups can still be SEXY yet CLASSY." --------> really like this comment kkkkkkkkkkk my WG and Miss A ' 3'

2 hours ago

EDIT: That account (taec_cool) is not his account (actually, it's taeccool) so please ignore this part of this comment. Sorry about this! Thank you xoxoyoobin for pointing that out :)

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

AHHH!!! now I'm officially having a freaking spazz attack! I'm soo loving the whole Lolita vibe I'm getting from all the pictures! That is why I love Wonder Girls. They all have this innate vibe of classiness no matter what you put them in. These pictures are amazing! ALL of them look beyond hot! :w00t:

Sun Ye's hair is 50/50 for me. They have piled it on top of her head AGAIN but at the same time this hairstyle just brings out Sun Ye's facial features perfectly. I agree with one of the other Wonderfuls here. No one except Sun Ye could have pulled off that hairstyle & looked this good in it. <3

EDIT - omo! I topped a page!! :D I've got nothing new to share guys except my excitement guys!! WG jjiang!

Guest crazycindaye

LOVING IT SOOO MCUH !!!! SOOOO IN LOVE WITH THE TEASER! I'M excited as hell! OMG SO HAPPY ! Can't wait for 31.10.11 more teaser photo will come out. Though i think they should release one photo teaser day by day but then we would be complaining and and dying each day waiting for one !

Guest yubin4ever

Am I the only one that really wants to see Yoobin's right eye and Sunye's left eye?? Its killing me haha

Yoobin's tweet is making me soooo excited :w00t:

I kinda wanted Sohee to change her famous long hair for this comeback, but its ok i guess. Im just truly happy I got my sexy Wonder Girls back. Sexy Wonder Girls are the best wonder girls haha. And these outfits are still reminding me a little of the NOW video i dont know why

Guest hrmmmhum

Just to see who is wearing what (and because I was initially worried that they might be wearing the same outfit O_O but I don't think they are :] ), here is a comparison of the outfits:

SunYe - right arm has sheer sleeve; everything else is velvet

YeEun - I think either the right arm has sheer sleeve (in which case it would be exactly like SunYe's) or both arms and the entire chest have sheer sleeves -- it's actually really looking like that! If you look at her other wrist, you can see the bit of sheer material. And I think 2DT was kind of like that

Sohee - left arm and back (and sides?) are sheer

Yubin - right arm and sides (and back?) are sheer

Lim - left arm is sheer; all else is velvet

Lim tweeted this earlier; I guess we missed it:

294041_267380999970475_238900242818551_749576_821820821_n.jpg

Cr: @WG_Lim @ Twitter

Archived