Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest Liliana_BB

Hello, I am not an active member, i check this page alot, but i just come to read,...

i dont know what to say.

but now that thay are coming back i an really excited, and i wanted to share this excitement with all wonderfuls.

When and how did you become a Wonderful?

how can i star? well, i started to listen Kpop around april of 2008, to be honest i wasnt very interested in the WG, why i dont know.

i listed to Irony and i like the song, but not enough.... actually i am not the fangirl person, i never been a fan of anyone other then a Mexican singer call Nadia and other then her, i just listen to all type on music, and if i like the song i listen to it, but never really look up the artist. ok back to the story. if was after i listen to So Hot that i started to like them more, and for the first time i look them up. however, i didn't became a fan until they released Nobody.and now check everyday for something new. now i am a yubinian and a WONDERFUL. . sorry for my boring story.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spazzed silently until now but I must say something before exploding... ^^

I absolutely want the news about Jonté to be true - he did the choreo of Beyoncé's Run The World.

Please have a look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkqUTY3G13M

I guess just 1/10th of this artistry put at work would be too cool for words... :sweatingbullets:

Anyway I definitely see fitting for the Korean and US promotions.

On his twitter feed he says he's in Korea now, but does not refer explicitly to the MV shooting...

74e9d35b60f3195a74d7c4e4e0748261_large.png

But there's this earlier tweet which leaves all possibilities open...

06b3e4087cfd6a3287a8751f6f422b9f_large.png

I've selected parts of a long interview - I think there's more than one affinity with JYP Nation's artists values.

Out: How did you get started in the industry?

Jonté Moaning: I started off as a dancer first, in Portland, Oregon, training at the Oregon Ballet Theater when I was 13. I graduated from high school and moved to New York City in 2001, August 11th, a month before September 11th. Crazy right? And I started training at the Alvin Ailey. I took classes there for about a year and I kind of got fed up with it because I didn’t feel like I was really growing, so I was like, let me go out and audition for a different artist, and see if I could just be in it. And the first gig that I got was Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl show. But it took a while -- from 2001 to 2004 -- to get a gig, so, it really shows that you have to work hard if you want to be in the industry.

How would you describe your sound?

I’d say R&B, pop, and '70s? And a little bit of the '90s.

Sounds amazing. You’re a musician, a dancer, a choreographer -- do you consider yourself more one kind of artist than another or do they all sort of interact and bleed into one another?

It all kind of comes together. If you’re a singer you should be able to dance, if you dance you should be able to act -- it all goes hand in hand. If you can’t do one than you shouldn’t do the other. You know what I saying? You have to put all of yourself [out there] so that you're an artist.

You have gotten a lot of attention for choreographing other artists, like Beyoncé and Janet Jackson, as well as yourself. What inspires you when you’re choreographing?

Music inspires me. As soon as I hear a song I already have this vision in my mind: Oh my god, this would be perfect for this sound, or that voice. I do everything on the spot too, like when I worked with Beyoncé or Janet, everything is on the spot. I have to go into the room and hear the music first and then I also like to see if they can handle what I’m doing, because it has to look good on them. I hate to go home and choreograph on myself because it’s me. [Laughs.]

Credit: NOAH MICHELSON / www.out.com

--

I took this Google cap yesterday, to remember the moment when the Wonder Girls news and threads in English suddendly came alive all at once...

de93bd438a5d93384c3731f2846ca39e_large.png

@Liliana_BB welcome back sweety :D

I was watching WGM and I remember when YooBin & Yenny visited Kim Hyun joong & Hwang Bo then they danced Nobody together then I fell in love with NOBODY & WONDER GIRLS in no time :wub: :wub:

Guest RealQueensWonderGirls

Hii  .. here's a Venezuelan Wonderful :D how u all doing? 

finally our girls are having their comeback

have been year and a half since their last release

Guest Mexicooh

All this news regarding their comeback is sooo exciting. Seriously cannot wait.

2008 - When Nobody first came out it was featured on Perezhilton.com. From then on I have been hooked.

Guest floral93

Each day there's more and more hype building up the girls' comeback. I don't feel this way about any other group, only Wonder Girls.

Credit: cr : 에디@wgw  + mingsun89 @ twitter

He was present at the JYP nation concert in Japan. He took pictures with the JYP Nation ladies and others. icantrememberwhoelse

*quoted image*

....................................mindf**k.......i can't even..so excited alkdfjadslk......

btw so who tweeted saying that he chore'd the girls dance? let it be legit please.

Guest chanounette

Hum, I think it was in 2008 because I discovered them with "Nobody". Before that I didn't know K-pop and I wasn't interested in Korea. I was more into Japan. I was looking for a new drama to watch and on a website I found the mv of "Nobody". They made a big impact on me because first: the mv was really funny, second: the song was catchy, they were so in-sync - it really impressed me. Then I watched their previous mv, live perfs etc... I watched tv show with them and that's how I definitively became a Wonderful because I liked who they were. That's it. They were, they are and they'll still be the n°1 girl group from Korea for me.

Guest jcsmark

I spazzed silently until now but I must say something before exploding... ^^

I absolutely want the news about Jonté to be true - he did the choreo of Beyoncé's Run The World.

*quoted image*

Jonte was at the set of "Wonder Girls at the Apollo" for the first few days of filming, so there's a good chance that he did choreograph some of WG's performances and songs in the movie.

Here's a picture he took with The School Gyrls after their rehearsal for the movie, September 27 - Day2 of filming

0b44d8fd868d4da48f9d04b.jpg

Credit tiaalese@twitter

Guest bammie92

2008. My friend show me 3 videos of top girl groups at that time. Wonder Girls, snsd, kara My heart just captivated by the Wonder Girls ever since. I was so interested in Sohee, i started to google about them and found WGSpec and also this best thread in soompi. and the rest is history :D

I started to listen to Irony...but I was really in my DBSK trip back then so I gave them no attention...but I then I saw their comeback stage with tell me and I really liked tell me..because it was really catchy...and I started to learn the dance with my friends(I still can dance to it :)) and after so hot and nobody I already loved them very much^^ since then I've been lurking in this thread everyday for some hours :)

Guest wonderful33

This is my first post here...I'm sorry I have not been an active member on this thread but I come here all the time to read the updates.

I was watching WGM The Hwangbo & Hyun Joong couple, Yubin and Yenny made an appearance on the show. I searched Wonder Girls on youtube and have been a fan since then. :D

If my story sounds familiar I have said it before on fantastics...I'm Kristie Castro. Does anyone here know me?  :)

Guest chanounette

This is my first post here...I'm sorry I have not been an active member on this thread but I come here all the time to read the updates.

I was watching WGM The Hwangbo & Hyun Joong couple, Yubin and Yenny made an appearance on the show. I searched Wonder Girls on youtube and have been a fan since then. :D

If my story sounds familiar I have said it before on fantastics...I'm Kristie Castro. Does anyone here know me?  :)

Yes, I know you (I sound like a stalker lol) - you're a top member on fantastic ! ^^

okay..I told you guys I made special video for wonder girls..but the link didnt work..finally my video is UP!! it's to get things more hyped up!! :D It's called wonder girls comeback! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ozt8bwrH0 enjoy! you might laugh some of the scenes~ :P WOOT!

I was a fan of Rain..kinda like a role model..:P so I liked JYP entertainment..but when rain left..I didnt leave the company..(not literally..) company became my kpop home company if u know what I mean..haha but no artist was there..until wonder girls came! first ever girlgroup in JYP~ :) got hooked for their first song..irony..so I made a forum..and it was pretty popular..consider there werent alot of girl groups back then..there were quite many members..but I was too tired updating things..alone(kinda like allkpop news..but for wgirls) so I left..and just opened up facebook group..and it's still going! I have +15,000 members! I think we are the only unofficial wonder girls group in fb..but anyways..I became washington dc fantastic..and got info from mtv k and iggy because during that time..wonder girls didnt have their own group on fb so they contacted me,admin, to tell wonderfuls..but after 2dt..I was gone..such a bad wonderful..didn't actually listen to kpop..well just 2ne1 I am the best..but that's it..and I actually am into indie bands more than kpop now..(LOL) but idk..I want to help them..be popular..#1 is still a number~ hehe so I will support them this year! :)

Guest wonderful33

Yes, I know you (I sound like a stalker lol) - you're a top member on fantastic ! ^^

Yeah thats me and you don't sound like a stalker  a lot of people from fantastics know me. :D

Guest beebella89

When and how I became a wonderful....

I came across ”Tell Me” on youtube in 2008 somehow? Then I started searching them like crazy, and watched hours worth of youtube content, and fell in love with their charm icon_smile.gif Have been keeping up with them ever since, and the WGs are still my #1 till this day.

Guest WG.theQUEENS

Can't wait ....

I think I have big dark circles around my eyes.. xD

I really feel like spamming more pictures hahahaha xD

5054071521_912ccc7446.jpg

Wonder-Girls-in-Concert.jpg

0da837123b016cb5065eae4caa52d8de.jpeg

wondergirls-twin-tower-live-concert-alive-concert-2011-sohee-sun-yenny-yubin-hye-lim-kuala-lumpur023.jpg

wondergirls-twin-tower-live-concert-alive-concert-2011-sohee-sun-yenny-yubin-hye-lim-kuala-lumpur151.jpg

dsc00068owa.jpg

Guest sweetsnow_91

HERE YE, HERE YE.!

THE QUEENS ARE COMING BACK TO RULE AGAIN.!

SPREAD THE WORD TO THY FRIEND,

SPREAD THE WORD TO THY FOE,

THAT HERE HE, HERE YE,

THE QUEENS ARE ON THEIR WAY BACK AGAIN.!

vyty6s.jpg

Wonder-Girls.jpg

MAY THE CITIZENS OF WONDERFULS UNITE AS ONE AGAIN.!

wonderfuls.gif

Archived