Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest Shjsgnd

heartmiso, can you list down all the support projects that Wonderfuls will be doing for WG's comeback?

I know the international fans are teaming up with Korean fans for the food support project, can you list down all in the cafes and by individual sites?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gossipLight911

I can't wait for Sohee's concept photos because I know her eyes will be closed haha 

LOL..SOhee's so adorable.. hahahaha xd.

And the GIRLS are looking so DAmN fine!! 

:)

SUPPORT WONDER GIRLS!! ♥

Guest big_face

Hey, how can i vote for Sohee & Sunye in Mnet ??? is it already stared to vote or what?? i didn't see the direction yet!! :( Anyone plzzzz i want them to win some award ....

@jcsmark but to me it still the same anyone can go twitter and later on post her pictures in other sites

@heartmiso now Im glad and no longer worried about their comeback

some of u might think album sales is not as important as digital sales but in order for the girls to win awards in music shows they will need to have good album sales also the girls will be also facing a group who is doing good in both of digital and album sales this is why like I said we should all buy their through sites counted toward hanteo

I can't wait for Sohee's concept photos because I know her eyes will be closed haha

the netizens also noticed that sohee closes her eyes in most of her pictures

131376.jpg

look at this!

http://www.starflash.de/artikel/wonder-girls-k-pop-251208.html

it's a german website talking about our wonder girls! :D They pretty much sum up what they have done so far and stating what their birthday are...stuff like that ^^

Guest iloverkpopwg

Wonder Girls and Girl's Generation, the top two girl groups will meet face to face in November. 

Wonder Girls who have been concentrating on their United States activities for a while will be making a long awaited come back in Korea in November. Having American activities lined up, the Wonder Girls will release a single and only have a month to spend in Korea. After releasing "Two Different Tears" last year in May, it has been a year and a half since they've performed on native soil. 

The Wonder Girls have been working on movie, "Wonder Girls at the Apollo" all as actresses within the film. After completing filming, it is said that they came back to Korea on October 9 to start recording their next album. 

8dfd0416ec9b462430316edd25018d63_large.jpg

SNSD is planning to release their new album October 19 and making their comeback at the end of October. They will start full fledged activities in November. This album was supposed to be released October 5, however it got delayed by two weeks. 

Recently SNSD has released teaser trailers for their new "The Boys" album through SM Entertainment's YouTube channel. The number of views by netizens sky rocketed to the millions within a few days, previewing the scale of popularity the girls are capable of. They raised the already high expectations through their fresh new concept.  

Because of the Wonder Girls focus on foreign activities over a longer period of time, SNSD seems to have the upper hand in popularity and recognition in Korea as of now. However, for the amount of time that they have been away, the more anticipation there seems to be for the Wonder Girls' comeback by their fans. The foreseeable competition between the two girl groups is gaining more and more attention. 

In the past, when the Wonder Girls were active SNSD would be resting and vice versa. However, this November, album sales, chart rankings, and music show rankings between the two groups will go head to head, and inevitably there will be a group that will come out on top of the other. This anticipated competition between Wonder Girls and SNSD have gotten the fans riled up already. There are rumors that fans on both sides are getting ready to not lose to the other. 

Who will take the number one trophy in November? 

955eb58c4f4e23f9a6d32959e261b61f_large.png

Guest jcsmark

Hey, how can i vote for Sohee & Sunye in Mnet ??? is it already stared to vote or what?? i didn't see the direction yet!! :( Anyone plzzzz i want them to win some award ....

I don't think the voting has started yet. The Mnet media award nominees were released but they have yet to release the music award nominees list. When both lists are out and when Mnet releases the MAMA 2011 website, then the voting should start. It will most likely be like last year, where fans can create an account on the site and then they can start voting.

Good news, Mark PD is the director of MAMA 2011.

I just noticed his twitter status wgmarkpd@twitter

Last year he was the director for MAMA as well. MarkPD asked WG to do one of the promotional vids for MAMA 2010 and had the girls perform last as the special guests.

Guest WonderfulSohee

Wonderfuls, I know that most of us don't really care about winning or anything just as long as our girls are back.

But, winning awards will show Wonder Girls how much they are still loved.

Our girls have been on hiatus for so long, and now coming back to Korea I really want them to feel as much love and support as possible.

I have confidence in our girls, but the fans is one of the major key to this comeback, so please bring out the inner Wonderful in you and help out.

I know that 'that' other group has a lot of fans and they have the advantage right now, that IS why us Wonderfuls need to work even harder for our Wonder Girls.

Some Wonderfuls may not care, but I do. 

I care for my Wonder Girls, I care for their success, I care for their future, I care for everything that Wonder Girls are doing.

Like I said I sent $5.00 to help, I did everything I could already. Now I'm just waiting to order the album. Please please please help out.

This is very important to me, as it may not be to other, but I am here to just voice our my opinion.

Guest songbird86

I have a question:

What site should I order the Korean album from? In honesty I'm actually planning to buy it digitally, so which site should I buy from to make it count so they can win awards on Music Bank, Mnet Countdown, etc...

I really want to support them, but sometimes that shipping and handling kills my wallet, so I decide to go digital.

Guest jcsmark

JYP Nation concert in Japan aired Monday. So far no uploads of WG's solo performance but here are a few collabs

Without U Tango (7:08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DEUJKAGRk3E

10 out of 10 (beginning - 3:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SRuYEaBJpM&feature=player_embedded

Heartbeat + Don't Leave Me/Encore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D18fTxsV158&feature=player_embedded

Credit 0125fuwafuwa

Guest WonderfulSohee

^ I can DEFINITELY relate to this 100000%

Wonder Girls were the one who started this Kpop wave worldwide, and now "they" are being credited for it

It's not fair, and those who are new to kpop believed in this, they don't know the history of Kpop.

Wonder Girls put in 100000% of their effort into this and they works the HARDEST for this US debut, yet "they" gets it the easy way.

I'm about to go crazy too!!

I did everything I could, I sent money and promote Wonder Girls to my friends I really did my job as a Wonderful.

This is just not fair.

But I believe in Wonder Girls, I will forever be right beside them to support them. Those whose works the hardest will get what they deserve.

I believe in Wonder Girls.

Guest Sue_Sue

Some WFs said like that, I'll post again 4 u. Now, we should learn exactly to know and decide where to order, but there aren't any information about their album like:price,...Right? I hope this come back is great success and we are the champions, too. Cuz I have to endure so much by hearing bad things about WGs,our WFs from "others". SO I WANT WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS THIS TIME, OK? ANYBODY WANT LIKE ME? WFs ah, WE CAN DO IT, LET'S MAKE OUR WGs ON TOP!!!!!!!!!

+ if you wanted to buy online, you can go to yesasia.com

+ Kpoptown, Dvdheaven or kyobobook.

All sales will count on Hanteo Chart, Music Bank and Music Industry Association of Korea.

If you buy two CDs, two will refelct on Hanteo Chart.

+ Wonderfuls, let's help our girls to win on MCD, MB and Inki!

1. Buy their album from one of these sites: Kpoptown, Dvdheaven or kyobobook.

All sales will count on Hanteo Chart ,Music Bank and Music Industry Association of Korea.

If you buy two CDs, two will refelct on Hanteo Chart.

2. Search 원더걸스 (Wonder Girls) or the name of their new album in these sites: Melon, Dosirak, Bugs Korea, Naver Music, Mnet. Do not click the search button, click A-Cha by Super Junior at the suggestion box and stay at the page for 2-3 mins before closing.

3. Stream their clip video on Mnet (One view count/refresh.

Guest finesse.

Yes, for a group that commanded NATION'S GIRL GROUP,  it would mean  a lot if Wonder Girls would win...

Ok, I am also going crazy right now...I would definitely do everything for the girls to win.

I know that awards may probably be unimportant to some, but....U ALL UNDERSTAND WHAT  I MEAN RIGHT? 

I want to see WG conquer the stage again (well ,they conquer every stage that they perform on, ;] ), but then again ,U KNOW WHAT I MEAN RIGHT? =]

It's been a long time since they performed for the Korean netizens, and they deserve all the best...I MEAN EVERY BEST THING IN THE WORLD ^^.

So WONDERFULS, let's work together, alright? 

:D

♥Let's bring back our Queens to where they truly belong.♥

wg.jpg

On TOP. 

wonderful-333x250.jpg

I don't want to be a richard simmons, but I think one of the rules on Soompi is that we can't mention other groups on a group's thread? So we should stop talking about SNSD OK? =) I know some Wonderfuls can be mad that WG doesn't receive the credit that they deserve, but let's not go into all this competition, that's really useless (save this for this November haha joking).

We know that WG are the ones who made the girl groups popular again, after DBSK, Big Bang, SS501 etc. if WG didn't do Tell Me, So Hot, Nobody, I doubt koreans would have interest in girl groups again. It's because WG changed the girl group's sound. Before WG, girl groups used to sing the same kind of songs, it was good, but nothing new. WG came with their dance signatures, colorful style, repetitive lyrics, they also did the thing about having 1 or 2 "important moments" in the song with cute gesture ("Omona", "Nan neomu yeppeoyo", So Hot dance intro, "Nobody but you" etc.). If they didn't start this trend, some girl groups wouldn't come later with the same ideas. So yes, WG deserve credits. Tell Me is the first dance craze in Korea and koreans still love it... WG did a lot of things for the korean idols especially for girl groups. When they left, it's SNSD who continued this trend, by taking some of WG's ideas and adding their own things for each song, they also had hits (mostly in 2009). The fact is, SNSD are active from 2009 until now. KPOP started being very popular since 2008. People saw WG a lot, we saw many dance covers on them being uploaded etc. but WG went on hiatus one year later... and now for 3 years, KPOP keep having new fans from all over the world, and every new group is having attention (so many debuts...). During these 3years, the new fans (and even old fans) will only check the new songs (mostly) and sadly WG didn't have new songs. People see that SNSD are #1 so they assume that they're the ones who started all this trend, when we know that they didn't. I'm not saying they didn't work hard, actually they worked even harder before their success than after. But no one can deny that it's WG who started this and had #1 position for 2years.

It's sad that WG don't have credits for this, but we can't blame other groups for having more attention now: they're active all the time... JYP sucks at promoting. He could have made for WG some new songs from time to time, some OST songs, maybe Sohee in another movie, make DVD of their concerts (everytime they make new perfs) and release it in Korea, make more photoshoot for koreans, let the girls appear on TV from time to time. They can work in US very hard and still do all this, so many groups do it. and I'm pretty sure WG would be more known if JYP promoted them more. But yeah it sucks.

Anyway, complaining is useless, they'll have a comeback in a month! and a movie + english songs in 2012! They'll be active soon, so there's no problem =) Smile~~

EDIT - Sorry LOL I said that we can't mention other groups but I did it =P Well I wanted to make things clear, let's forget about all this OK? Just keep supporting our girls, buy their album and spread the Wonder!!! =)

and I want to add, I'm against the competition between WG & SNSD, because I know them both for so long, and I think shipping WonderGeneration is better than getting mad because of competition LOL. Sunmi and other WG members said many times that they like other groups' songs including SNSD. I think the best thing is to stay respectful, and ignore the ones that you dislike =)

Guest Sue_Sue

I don't want to be a richard simmons, but I think one of the rules on Soompi is that we can't mention other groups on a group's thread? So we should stop talking about SNSD OK? =) I know some Wonderfuls can be mad that WG doesn't receive the credit that they deserve, but let's not go into all this competition, that's really useless (save this for this November haha joking).

We know that WG are the ones who made the girl groups popular again, after DBSK, Big Bang, SS501 etc. if WG didn't do Tell Me, So Hot, Nobody, I doubt koreans would have interest in girl groups again. It's because WG changed the girl group's sound. Before WG, girl groups used to sing the same kind of songs, it was good, but nothing new. WG came with their dance signatures, colorful style, repetitive lyrics, they also did the thing about having 1 or 2 "important moments" in the song with cute gesture ("Omona", "Nan neomu yeppeoyo", So Hot dance intro, "Nobody but you" etc.). If they didn't start this trend, some girl groups wouldn't come later with the same ideas. So yes, WG deserve credits. Tell Me is the first dance craze in Korea and koreans still love it... WG did a lot of things for the korean idols especially for girl groups. When they left, it's SNSD who continued this trend, by taking some of WG's ideas and adding their own things for each song, they also had hits (mostly in 2009). The fact is, SNSD are active from 2009 until now. KPOP started being very popular since 2008. People saw WG a lot, we saw many dance covers on them being uploaded etc. but WG went on hiatus one year later... and now for 3 years, KPOP keep having new fans from all over the world, and every new group is having attention (so many debuts...). During these 3years, the new fans (and even old fans) will only check the new songs (mostly) and sadly WG didn't have new songs. People see that SNSD are #1 so they assume that they're the ones who started all this trend, when we know that they didn't. I'm not saying they didn't work hard, actually they worked even harder before their success than after. But no one can deny that it's WG who started this and had #1 position for 2years.

It's sad that WG don't have credits for this, but we can't blame other groups for having more attention now: they're active all the time... JYP sucks at promoting. He could have made for WG some new songs from time to time, some OST songs, maybe Sohee in another movie, make DVD of their concerts (everytime they make new perfs) and release it in Korea, make more photoshoot for koreans, let the girls appear on TV from time to time. They can work in US very hard and still do all this, so many groups do it. and I'm pretty sure WG would be more known if JYP promoted them more. But yeah it sucks.

Anyway, complaining is useless, they'll have a comeback in a month! and a movie + english songs in 2012! They'll be active soon, so there's no problem =) Smile~~

EDIT - Sorry LOL I said that we can't mention other groups but I did it =P Well I wanted to make things clear, let's forget about all this OK? Just keep supporting our girls, buy their album and spread the Wonder!!! =)

and I want to add, I'm against the competition between WG & SNSD, because I know them both for so long, and I think shipping WonderGeneration is better than getting mad because of competition LOL. Sunmi and other WG members said many times that they like other groups' songs including SNSD. I think the best thing is to stay respectful, and ignore the ones that you dislike =)

I don't say about the comparison or 'this girl group', what i'm saying about is we want OUR WONDER GIRLS WIN THIS TIME after a long time waiting, their effort, and sad things we experienced...

Guest WonderfulSohee

After being upset and sad, now I'm just listening to Smile by Yeeun. 

I am smiling and is waiting for our Wonder Girls' return.

I am a 100% Wonderful and will only ship/support Wonder Girls, no one else. 

Sorry but for me there is no WonderG****tions, Just Wonder Girls and Wonderfuls <3

First off we can't talk about other artists in here, it against the soompi rules (Haha it nice to finally say this, that just mean this thread is a little bit more alive now) so let just keep their name to our-self. Plus this is how fanwars start so yeah just calm down everyone.

I know it hard for us WG's fans, but honestly right now we are sounding really butt hurt and it like we already lose or something. I might sound harsh and I'm sorry but I really want to come to thread and not see us having to worry or upset if the girls is not this or that. What we should do is talk more on their concept and their music or something.

Since they are in Korea right now, I really wonder if jype would let some of them be on show. I mean it would be nice if they go on strong heart, I miss seeing them being all silly. Oh better yet their own SHOW! woot woot :D

Anyway start with something we haven;t done for a while ; question time

Since the girls is coming back with a "pop" sound and no retro. What concept do you think they'll (or want them to) do?

I don't know about this, I can see them going something more mature. But what kind of concept I have no idea; If I have to choose I would go

for something that make their name stand out. Wonder girls- so something strong and powerful but yet classy and sexy.

Guest finesse.

I'd go for something STRONG AND POWERFUL TOO!!!!!

They could pull off that strongly, I'm sure of it..

I just hope that it won't be all cutesy or what..because, that concept is overrated already and JYP's not that oblivious of that fact, ain' t he?

Gah... I am so excited! :D

Archived