Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest WonderfulSohee

Recently, Wonder Girls became the ambassador for K-food and they shared about their love for K-food.

Q: Why do you guys accepted the offer of being K-food ambassador?

A: Wonder Girls started overseas activities in 2009. During this hectic period, we are able to maintain our health because of the K-food that our mothers prepared. We want to share with others the joy of eating K-food.

Q: What is the meaning of "Smart Choice! Global K-food"?

A: It is a global wave whereby people are more interested in K-food/produce. Everyone will be able to purchase fresh and healthy Korean produce as the ingredients when making their meals.

Q: What is the reason for choosing your favorite food items?

Yeeun: I like spicy food. Capsicum is spicy, sour and crunchy. It aids in slimming down so I will put some in when I make salad.

Sohee: I chose my favorite strawberry. Strawberries smell good and are sweet. It also aids in slimming down. Usually I will put strawberries in yoghurt and eat it together. Strawberry ice-cream, strawberry milk, strawberry cake etc. are my favorites as long as it has strawberries in it.

Yubin: I like roses, although they can't be eaten, but I will give people around me roses as an appreciation of thanks. I hope Wonder Girls will also be like roses - full of passion and beauty.

Sunye: I will eat an apple every morning. Not only can apples fill the tummy, but it is also full of nutrients. When I'm on a tight schedule, I will have an apple as a substitute for breakfast. Apples are also good for the skin, I think I'm the apple queen!

Lim: I chose my favorite citron tea. Not only does it tastes good, but it is also full of vitamins and good for the throat. In the summer, you can have it chilled, while in the winter, you can have a cup of hot citron tea to prevent colds and reduce fatigue.

Q: Any interesting encounters with K-food?

A: When we were touring with the Jonas Brothers, we often had to request food from Koreans to eat on the bus e.g. kimchi, red pepper paste, tuna etc. Once, there was a hurricane in the US and we were advised not to go outdoors, but because we wanted to make something delicious, we went to a Korean restaurant to buy some pork belly back. Sunye even cooked ddeok dishes for us, so we had an enjoyable meal during the hurricane period.

Q: As the ambassador of K-food, what kind of promotional activities would you be having?

A: First, we are in the midst of recording the theme song for this campaign. The theme song would be something similar to "Nobody" and "So Hot" - one with a quick tempo and a vibrant feel. We will also be filming the MV for the theme song, and to promote K-food through various events. Hope everyone will lend us their support.

(cr: @sunyebaidu)

Cr: GlobalSUNlights

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big_face

May i know exactly when in November WG will have comeback? seriously, Guys, don't you think is a little weird, suddenly all artists have comeback in November? such as SNSD will have comeback in third week of Oct (near November), Secret as the same date, Jay (ex-2pm) will have comeback in Nov as well as Kim Hyun Joong (SS501) too, T-ara may include !! Gosh... so much competitors in November, a little afraid for our girls, i'm not 100% confident though due to these artists have a very strong fanbases in Korea :(

Wonder Girls to return to Korea this week for ‘pop concept’ comeback

20111006_wondergirls.jpg

With their highly-anticipated comeback inching ever closer, the Wonder Girls will finally be returning to Korea within the week!

A representative of JYP Entertainment stated, “The Wonder Girls are currently spending busy days filming for their TV movie, ‘The Wonder Girls at the Apollo‘. If there aren’t any additional schedules to be added, they will be returning to Korea within the weekend and begin preparations for their comeback.”

The Wonder Girls are up against several girl groups like SNSD, Orange Caramel, and T-ara. As such, an eye-catching concept is a must in order to stay in the spotlight. The Wonder Girls are known for their retro concepts now, so many are wondering what they’ll be bringing out next.

The representative revealed, “The album will be produced in a movie OST format. We’ll be planning our concept to fit around the feel of the song, so as opposed to retro, we feel that it will be more pop. The Wonder Girls will definitely be coming out with a new image, so please look forward to it.”

Source + Photos: Sports Chosun via Daum

Credit: AIIKPOP

OMG OMG OMG :w00t:

Guest aloversrendezvous

Today we've received good news in Wonderland. :) November come sooner please. :D Wonder Girls, hwaiting!

tumblr_lrhpntVn0f1qco1zjo1_r1_500.gif

Credit: wonderfulwondergirls.tumblr.com

Guest only5Wonders

I'm quite nervous as well, but this just means that we, wonderfuls need to strive harder to support our girls...

I  have faith in them, and  I know they won't disappoint us.

See, Wonder Girls didn't even delayed their comeback when other groups did when they found out snsd is going to push back their return. 

Let's take this as a sign that JYP is confident that Wonder Girls would claim their throne and territories back. 

If JYP is confident? Then who are we to doubt? ^.^

Wonder Girls JJANG!!!

Guest Mexicooh

May i know exactly when in November WG will have comeback? seriously, Guys, don't you think is a little weird, suddenly all artists have comeback in November? such as SNSD will have comeback in third week of Oct (near November), Secret as the same date, Jay (ex-2pm) will have comeback in Nov as well as Kim Hyun Joong (SS501) too, T-ara may include !! Gosh... so much competitors in November, a little afraid for our girls, i'm not 100% confident though due to these artists have a very strong fanbases in Korea :(

I wouldn't worry too much. Whenever the WG's comeback everybody finds their inner Wonderful and come back to support our girls.

Guest freakloverxx

lol..iont care.as long as the girls coming back to stage and sing,,im happy enough.i freaking miss and love themm..

concert3.gif

concert.gifconcert2.gif

Untitled-1-5.gifmkmf8.gif

EDIT : Guys look at this..lmaao..Wonder Effects. <333

Untitled.png

Guest qsslave

That's so true...not only wonderfuls are eager for their comeback but also to non wonderfuls are waiting for their comeback..dun u remember, wonder girls was once compete with dbsk, big bang and super junior.. I believe they will be fine..

Guest floral93

freakloverxx- omygsh sunye resembles audrey hepburn in that gif..they both have pixie like features

SO excited for my girls!!

Guest *bluebutterfly*

What we've all been waiting for is just around the corner now! I'm so excited! I don't care about the competition because when has Wonder Girls ever cared about competition?! Their biggest competition was going against Korea's biggest boy groups, DBSK and Big Bang in 2008 and they still did really well. ilovethatyear

Rather than caring about competition, I want to see interactions between Wonder Girls and other singers. I'm not a huge fan of many other singers/groups, like I am with Wonder Girls, but it would be nice anyway.

I'm already thinking of a show Wonder Girls could appear on when they make their comeback. kk strongheart

It's been a while since I've been on me2day and I was playing around and saw their homepage.

Wonder Girls are on their homepage! ^^

What was going on this? Was the guy supposed to interview the girls but scared away because of the managers?

[Y-STAR] 110922 궁금타 E134 Wondergirls

Guest lerajean

i dont really care about the competition... i know wonder girls too..

i just want to enjoy every moment that they are finally coming back...

WG fighting....!!

i think that for the other singers who are making a comeback in november, Wonder Girls is the Competition. since everyone's anticipating their comeback, other singers would want to comeback at the same time as them because this would also draw attention on them. just my opinion. these are world stars who are coming back, what better way to gain attention is to compete with the wonder girls.

well, anyway, wonder girls aren't coming back to compete with others. they're coming back for the wonderfuls so i'm just excited about that. hooray for november! can't wait. it's been way too long. :)

Guest only5Wonders

i love the gifs!! and yay at ye eun's expression that kinda says;

"Whatchu gonna do huh, we're the Wonder Girls!" lol xD

I can't wait... like seriously!!!

i wonder if they would release teaser pictures already...w00t.gif

Guest asma77

Omg .. I'm super excited now

BTW, stop thinking about other girls group comeback especially SNSD

we are strong enough ,and as some wonderfuls said before we have faced stronger groups in the past and we did very very well

I remember WG faced the world star Rain with his big hit rinisim and they won

so plzzz trust yourself and the wondergirls and we all will be okay ;)

Guest loveeeWG

Hi wonderfuls.. We all know that WG popularity and fanbase in korea sufferred a hude dip when they went to America at their peak, when the crown was theirs. When they left, other girl groups took over WG and they might have a bigger fanbase, but what WG are doing is to spread the Kpop love. So i believe that no matter how much fans they have got left, they will be able to attract back their 'flying bird fans' and scale greater peaks in korea. I believe in WG, and i will never leave them.

Guest wonderr23

[Trans] Article in a China Magazine which listed the top quality vocals among idols. @WGsun

Sunye's Part:

Wonder Girls' leader cum main vocalist Sunye, sang MAYBE from Dream High OST. MAYBE is a song that expresses the longing of those past memories with an ex-lover. Sunye's impressive vocals led to a perfect interpretation of the song.

Others in the List (in no particular order):

2NE1 Park Bom

SNSD Taeyeon

T-ara Soyeon

There is also a separate male and group listing.

文字:(仅先艺部分)

Wonder Girls 队长兼主唱先艺,Maybe 是 Dream High OST,一首讲述对分手恋人思念之情的温柔情歌,她那出众的嗓音完美消化。

上榜者:(没有先后顺序)

2NE1 朴春

少女时代 泰妍

T-ara 素妍

Scanned by wondergirls2ye: http://twitpic.com/6xntq8

Translations and Source: sunyebaidu

Guest Sue_Sue

WFs ah, I know that all of us believe and support our Girls, but if we just say and don't do....or we just let Korean WFs do, it don't make our Girls success. REMEMBER SUCCESS COMES TO PEOPLE WHO DO, NOT PEOPLE JUST TALK. I know after a long time waiting, all we need is WGs'come back, but we must do to be worthy with their effort and worthy with our waiting, as well as proving 4 stupid people and haters,antis see that how much they are stupid. We make all wa can to do our girls success, OK? REMEMBER THAT WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!^^ BECAUSE WE'RE WONDERFULS>>>>>>>>>THIS TIME TO SPREAD THE WONDERS!!!

Their Korea comeback is a warm up for for the queens and I think this will only be a single release. this also serves as a bridge between now and the time they release the US album and the movie.  Since they left Korea, SNSD(nothing wrong mentioning their name, don't worry if any) took over the throne in Asia without a doubt.  For the queens, Asia and domestic market are very important but aiming at the US and the international is the ultimate goal for them. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded their 'Nobody' Dynasty with those hardships in the past few years. 

JYP and the queens are always confident about their status in Asia and are knowing they can still come back to the 3 tops in Asia if they fail in the US.  That's is the reason they left a few years ago and never tried to debut in Japan (the 2nd largest music market),   If they can make it in the US,  Asia, domestic market and Japan will be totally recovered and covered under its success.  This is a marketing strategy and it'd better work for JYP and the queens according to their plans.  Otherwise life will get miserably tough in next couple of years.

This comeback in Korea, as I said before, will serve a bridge from now til the date of their US album and movie.  It'll also serve as a tool to recall their fans in Asia and strengthen their fanbase in Asia.  It is like giving something to their fans to hold on and gather every single fan (I don't use the word 'wonderdful', cuz target should be all fans possible), I think that they are doing all this for their US album release.  People must realize how critical it can be for JYP and the queens to make this US debut  a success (just good enough to be considered as a success is fine enough)  It can be heaven or hell.

My prediction for the queens is that they will definitely do good in their Korea comeback and it is a matter of ALL-KILLS or almost ALL-KILLS.  The only thing's left me worry is their US debut (the US album and the movie).   Some say they ain't gonna make it and some say they will do just fine.  Of course we will never know until then. the time will eventually come and we all have to face it.  Honestly I am not 100% confidence and I was worried sick in the past.  Recently having read info about their movie in the making and recent feedback from all parties, I may actually think they have a shot at all these in the US and may do just fine to carry on. 

Keep our fingers crossed and wish the queens getting all the helps they need with a little bit of luck.

Guest sushii-viet

Want to help??

Just to this went the Queens will be back :

Wonderfuls, let's help our girls to win on MCD, MB and Inki!

1. Buy their album from one of these sites: Kpoptown, Dvdheaven or kyobobook.

All sales will count on Hanteo Chart ,Music Bank and Music Industry Association of Korea.

If you buy two CDs, two will refelct on Hanteo Chart.

2. Search 원더걸스 (Wonder Girls) or the name of their new album in these sites: Melon, Dosirak, Bugs Korea, Naver Music, Mnet. Do not click the search button, click A-Cha by Super Junior at the suggestion box and stay at the page for 2-3 mins before closing.

3. Stream their clip video on Mnet (One view count/refresh.

Hope it will help.

Archived