Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

YG clip choosing Sunye 4:57 onwards, look how worried JYP looks...haha...and it looks like YG is really fond of her, look at his expressions

^

My translations were correct based on this video. YG praised Sunye on both her talent and looks. He said Sunye was really good back then since she was small and she was really pretty that he wanted to raise her. He also referred to her as 'this friend'. Very common term if you are fond of someone :)

I can't help but notice how nervous JYP is...it shows that he really loves his artists...

As for the negative comments in allkpop. This is my opinion... you will just waste your precious time arguing with people who have such negative fixed mindsets. let them say whatever they want to say cuz in the end i know Wondergirls are always gonna prove them wrong. And besides we need negative comments every once in a while. For entertainment :P

haha, i find it kind of funny that out of the foods to promote, yubin was given the rose. she doesn't even like (real) flowers. i would have given sunye the rose maybe and yubin the apples snow white~. lol just a random observation.

as for the YG thing, i think sunye is a smart choice. i mean, i'm mainly a yubin and sohee fan but sunye is the best overall idol. she touches on all the categories that idols should be good at. but i dunno what's up with JYP choosing that yg girl :crazy:.

also, it's best to avoid allkpop comments. it's like the worst types of kpop fans dwell there and on 6theory. also, if i do read comments, i always make sure the last comment i read on an article is a good one so that i don't leave the site with bad feelings :P.

Guest qsslave

come on people...it is not like it is the first time that our girls and my beloved jypnation being stepped by other company's fans...

from what i have observed on jyp-nim..i realise that he did not chose his trainess based on looks and the most talented people out there...HOWEVER...jyp chose his traines based on their potential...he is the type of person who really wants to bring out the potential for each his trainees...he wanted to nurture their skills and potential...

if he is just on looks...he will not choose changmin (as i remember he said that jyp-nim did not allow him to take plastic surgery)..look at him now...he is so talented and becoming more attractive day by day...

New articles about how much money is spend over Korean girl group

mBizE.jpg

Spending a lot of money; Korean female pop idols burn 400 thousand yuan per month

BEIJING, Sept. 8 (Xinhua) South Korea's girls-groups get a high status in Korea's music market ,however, in order to maintain a seven-girls idol group, how much will it cost every month? A South Korea’s programming group investigated 1000 people as objects, calculated an assumptions of the actual operating cost since the formation of girls’ idol group , the result is about 65 million won. 

According to South Korea’s "Central Daily" news, a programming group investigated 1000 people as objects, calculated an assumptions of the actual operating cost after the formation of girls’ idol group. The dormitory rent takes up the largest share of the necessary spending accounted for operational combination of girls' idol group, the monthly amount of about 24 million won. And then the cost of appearance, including the hair and make-up part, it takes about 20 million won per month. The data above is the amount after so-called half discount for entertainers. In addition, experts believe that the periodic management of the skin also will cost about 10 million won a month. 

What’s more, the monthly cost of vehicles for transportation and meals, etc. it’s around 11 million won. To maintain a seven girls' idol groups, the conclusion is at least 65 million won.

Source : http://ent.sina.com....123411162.shtml

CR : Yu Sun@fb for the translation

How much does it cost to maintain a girl group for one month?

girl-group-expenses.jpg

How much money does it take to dress, feed, and shelter a girl group?

According to Y Star, a Korean cable channel, the figure comes out to 65 million won per month for a popular 7-member girl group. The figure translates into approximately $60,000 United States dollars.

The biggest drain on money, not unexpectedly, is for the monthly rent on their dormitories. Approximately $22,000 dollars are spent on sheltering a girl group each month.

Apart from that, money spent on hair and makeup comes to a whopping $19,000 dollars per month – and that’s with a 50 percent celebrity discount. For skin care, companies invest $9,000 dollars to keep their idols looking blemish-free.

Add in the miscellaneous expenses – $10,000 dollars for food and transportation – and the companies are looking at nearly $60,000 dollars per month to keep their stars on top.

Source: Star Today via Nate

Credit: AIIKPOP

Chill out WFs^^ and let's eat some foods with Min OMMA

w00t.gif P/S : Not her recent picture (look at her hair style)

fZv7P.jpg

Wonderfuls~ let's eat!! but not together of course~

laugh.gif < my caption, don't misunderstand kkkk

cr : Baidu + GloblSUNlights@twitter

Don't kill me, but Sunye looks like a killer ready to have a dinner 

tongue.gif

Guest wonderr23

someone blogged about WonderGirls' recent photoshoot for Korean Food. roughly translated by me :sweatingbullets:

Agri-food ambassadors Wondergirls pictorial filming site

Girlgroup Wondergirls whose popularity extends from Asia to the world was recently appointed as the 2011 Ambassador for agricultural products to show awareness of our food's taste overseas.

Wondergirls on the 6th went to a studio in Gangnam-gu, Seoul for a photoshoot.

This morning they were in Gwacheon at Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries main conference room for the appointing ceremony but despite that they didn't show any sign of fatigue for this afternoon's photoshoot.

The photoshoot started from Wondergirls' leader Sunye, to Sohee, Yubin, Yeeun, and Hyerim. The girls are naturals since they experienced a lot of photoshoot in the past.

The average age of the group is 22 but they were really sincere and professionals during the photoshoot. The staffs who were at the site praised them exclaiming they were the 'best'.

Wondergirls will be food ambassadors for 1 year with the promotional slogan 'Smart Choice! K-Food'. They will do promotional interviews and food tastings in Japan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and many Southeast Asian countries.

The members were given food items that best suited their image. Yeeun for paprika, Sohee for strawberry, Sunye for apple, Yubin for Roses, and Hyerim for Citron.

Earlier in the conference they stated, "through living in a foreign country, we learned about the importance of Korean food". Wondergirls who showed their affectionate side for Korean food continued "in the future we wish to promote our food's taste to our overseas fans as well".

Please look forward to Wondergirls' future promotions of Korea Agri-Food products.

Source: gr22nade@naver

NBA Superstar Dwight Howard Dances to Wonder Girls' "Nobody"

e923703dcced56c3e7342cd89b51aef9_large.jpg

Dwight Howard has Wonder Girls fever! The Orlando Magic superstar tried to make his illusion on the dance floor come true. On September 7, JYP Entertainment tweeted a link to a video of the professional basketball player getting down to one of the Wonder Girls' biggest hits, "Nobody". Did he nail it, or kill the popular song's choreography?

You decide! Read the tweet and watch the video below:  

"NBA Orlando Magic Dwight Howard dancing Wonder Girls' Nobody in China !! :)

Dwight Howard dancing Nobody

Why was the mighty Dwight Howard in China dancing to "Nobody"?

"Orlando Magic star, Dwight Howard, dances Wonder Girls' 'Nobody' during a live chat on China's Sina.com. Howard is in China for a promotional tour with Adidas." stated the video's uploader.

Credits: Orlando Sentinel, n3ssachanWG and @JYPEOFFICIAL

Cr: Soompi

Guest jcsmark

Here is an article of WG's general whereabouts and plans for the rest of this year.

원더걸스, 추석 당일(12일) 美 출국 '영화-앨범 매진'

201109091008774683_1.jpg

[OSEN=최나영 기자] 걸그룹 원더걸스가 추석 당일 미국으로 출국한다.

원더걸스 측 관계자는 "현재 원더걸스 멤버들이 한국에 머물고 있다. 추석 전 주말 가족들과 지내다가 12일 당일 미국으로 출국할 예정"이라고 전했다.

추석 당일 긴 시간 비행을 하는 원더걸스는 미국에 도착해 영화 촬영을 하고 곧 이어 11월 국내에서 발표되는 앨범 작업에 매진할 예정이다.

원더걸스 10월 영화 촬영을 마친 후, 미국 활동이 시작되는 12월 전까지 11월 한 달 동안 국내 팬들을 위해 앨범을 발매하고 활동할 계획을 갖고 있다. 앨범 발매가 얼마 남지 않은 만큼, 작업 속도에 열을 올리고 있다.

한편 원더걸스가 찍는 영화는 미국 시장 도전 3년만에 이뤄낸 미국 전국 방송 최초로 아시아 가수를 주인공으로 하는 TV 방송인 'Wonder Girls at the Apollo'로 내년 1/4 분기에 MTV 네트워크의 TeenNick을 통해 방영된다.

nyc@osen.co.kr

Nate

Few things picked up from Google translate...

WG will head back to the states on October 12th after the Thanksgiving weekend. WG will film their TV movie during the rest of October and then return to Korea for a K-comeback in November for a month. The girls are going to be pretty busy the next few months!

Guest jesminty

I seriously can't wait until the Wonder Girls make a Korean comeback. As much as I want them to succeed elsewhere, I miss them in Korea <3

And more OT, Lim is such a cutie, I love those baby pictures, they're precious.

SNSD, Wonder Girls, G-Dragon, IU, BEG, and T-ara create huge anticipation20110908_artistsnewalbums_endofyear.jpg

Around the months of October and November, the biggest girl groups and hottest ‘icons’ are going to be butting heads, releasing their new albums around the same time for a competitive battle to the top. Big Bang’s G-Dragon will also be unleashing his new album around October. Contestants of ‘Superstar K2’ will be coming out with their new genres and ballads respectively, while scheduling their comeback dates.

Girls’ Generation (SNSD) and Wonder Girls have been focusing their time on overseas promotions but their comeback is very highly anticipated by the Korean pop industry. Girls’ Generation will be releasing their new album this October. After their scheduled movie filming in October, the Wonder Girls will be coming out with their long awaited Korean album in November, right before their scheduled American promotions in December.

With last year’s mega record hit ‘A good day,’ Korea’s younger sister IU is in the midst of compiling a new album, producing and featuring top famous musicians such as, Yoon Sang and Lee Juk in October.

To battle and go against the Wonder Girls and Girls’ Generation, girl group T-ara will be unleashing their new mini-album ‘Black eyes.’ T-ara’s Agency stated “T-ara will release their new album on October 27th, following close to the new albums of Girls’ Generation, Wonder Girls, G-dragon and IU. Their new album will consist of an electronic sound concept.”

The rumors and talk about the actual comeback date for Big Bang’s G-Dragon is fluttering around the K-pop industry. That’s how much of an issue his highly anticipated comeback is. Last year in March, G-Dragon announced his first solo promotions, ‘Shine-A-light.’ Brown Eyed Girls will be releasing their highly awaited 4th album this month on the 30th.

It is prospected that the second half of the year will be a hot one, due to the artists at the end of the year award ceremonies. There is a truth in the tendency that promotions active near the latter half of the year, as opposed to the early half of the year, receive much more interest and popularity. One music official commented, “No matter how determined and hard the artists promote in the early half of the year, if they don’t have promotions in the latter half of the year, they will be crushed by other artists who promote in the latter half. Even though importance of quality has been raised, there are cases that pressure the rush of the album announcement date. K-pop this October and November is very much highly anticipated and eagerly awaited upon for.”

Source & Image: Naver

Credit: AIIKPOP

Guest wonderr23

Sunye captured the attention of netizens with her plump figure

2011.09.09 11:59

2011090911513615539_1.jpg?time=191629

Recent photos of Wondergirls member Sunye was released.

A netizen on the 9th stated in an online community board "Sunye's recent body figure, just when did she become this plump?".

In the photos released, the members showed various expressions throughout the photoshoot. But the member who caught the attention of many is Sunye. She showed a non-skinny body and more matured state with her S-line.

The netizens who saw the photos expressed various opinions, "how did this happen...", "is this plump", "it's nice to see her in this shape", "she's really pretty in her recent state", and "she was really thin in the past".

Source: Star News

Guest bammie92

yeay for leader Min's curve! i'd been so worry seeing her so thin in the past. please keep healthy Min Omma! and also the other girls!

About the comeback in November...

I've been lurking in Allkpop for life...ever.

I was reading the comments section since i got SO bored and i was surprised that alot of the readers actually anticipate WG's comeback..

I read two articles about the comebacks and all the groups such as T-ara and Secret coming back with WG and SNSD and honestly, i smiled while reading the comments section since the readers there have high respect for WG and actually see them as an A-list idol that's very hard to win over.

Guest jcsmark

Here's the translation for the article in my last post.

Turns out that Wonder Girls will leave Korea in a few days on September 12th, (not in October lol. Sorry for the confusion).

Wonder Girls will fly to America on Chuseok

201109091008774683_1.jpg

Girl group Wonder Girls will go to America on Cuseok (the 12th).

A spokesperson for Wonder Girls said, “Wonder Girls members are currently staying in Korea. They will spend time with their families and then they will fly to America on the 12th.”

Wonder Girls will shoot a movie and prepare their new album which will be released in November in Korea.

They will finish shooting the movie in October and will return to Korea for their new album in November. Then they will go back for their schedules in America.

The movie, Wonder Girls at the Apollo, is the first MTV network movie promoting the Asian singers. The movie will air next year.

Source: OSEN

Credit http://en.korea.com/wondergirls/news/wonder-girls-will-fly-to-america-on-chuseok/

Guest jesminty

Sunye isn't plump, of course, I hope netizens don't really think that. She has been too skinny, so I'm glad to see her looking healthier.

Archived