Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest hrmmmhum

l4fXV.jpg

TIGmx.jpg

I'm going to translate this.

Top Ten Kpop Groups at the Moment

Refreshing sounds, innovative looks, and catchy [or sticky/clingy] sounds, they are qualities that these groups native of Korea have in common. The peak of their music that has charged [charge as in charging through a crowd] around the world is undeniable and thus, we present to you the top ten known ones.

Text: Breizy de la Cruz

2. Wonder Girls

With "Tell Me" they arrived at the height of their popularity in their nation. In 2009, they brought their music to the Unites States, they joined the Jonas Brothers' tour and achieved entrance/a position on the Billboard Hot 100, being the first Korean group to achieve it. That same year they visited Mexico, performing in the Monterrey Arena.

The actual members: Ye Eun, So Hee, Yoo Bin, Sun Ye, and Hye Rim.

[in the spiky oval:] In 2008, they were nominated for the Asian Seed Award in Thailand, as the best artist of the year.

It's nice that they're information was correct; I usually see little mistakes like with the years or referring to the Billboard Hot 200 instead.

Happy 19th/20th Birthday, Lim! <3

I don't know if this was shared; I haven't backtracked the past some pages.

Wonder Girls in a Dutch magazine!! http://yfrog.com/kh3besxj cr.@GilaM0nyet

3besx.jpg

Cr: @WonderFacts, @FeliceBB and @GilaM0nyet at Twitter

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

I already wished Limabean on Twitter but forgot to wish her in this thread. I fail so bad. LOL! Happy belated birthday my cute Limabean! I hope you stay as cute, sweet & lovely as always! love you! :wub:

Ye Eun's new hair colour is alright. I think she suits more darker colours as they bring out her features more than these light colours. remember the reddish hair she had during the 'So Hot' times? now that was a beautiful colour & really showcased Ye Eun's beauty perfectly. actually I think Ye Eun's prettiest period was her 'So Hot' times, man she was stunning! :wub:

Lately I only briefly read through some posts and deliberately skip all the details when I come to visit this thread. I used to come visiting this thread daily and read through all posts and clicked all links.  I guess I can't bear to wait or read any negative/bad news about their new albums and comeback. I will rather wait for their albums to be actually released and their actual comeback. By then, I will be back as a 'normal reader' of this thread.  It may sound a bit wierd or depressing,  but the waiting is a pain and hoping a success for their US album is my dream for the girls.  A success or a failure of their US Album will be decisive for their US journey.  Personally I am not worried about their album(s) in Korea and/or Asia because they will definitely do pretty good with it.  End of my rant.

^ It's OK! Not everyone is always active in this thread... and it's true that there's nothing much to say because there's no update about WG for now (except the translation of the meeting that was really interesting) anyway, once they'll comeback the thread will become very active again. For now we just need to post everything that is new, in order to keep the thread alive haha~ and I think their korean comeback could help for the US success, because right now there are many new international fans everyday who are following AKP etc. so once our girls are back in Korea, they'll probably gain new international fans = good for the US debut! Especially if they promote 2months in Korea + Gayo Dejuns etc. that's when the "new" KPOP fans who never saw them (because they didn't really promote for like more than 2years) will finally notice them.

EDIT - Oops I topped the page with this kind of post LOL... better share something now O__O

Here a fanfic of WG, with videos!! It's very well done... Sooo good~ I'm loving it~

Wonder Girls ~ FANFIC Secret Wonder EP01 : "My First Love Story"

CR - fujiwaratakumi@youtube

Also, today is the 2nd day of the month! Happy Sunmi Day~

tumblr_lqvi5xgZlH1r13uzko1_500.jpg

CR - fall2393@tumblr

Some other nice edits from tumblr...

tumblr_lqw4dt1p9s1qk8h0po1_500.png

CR - vanillaparadise@tumblr

tumblr_lqvhg9Qd3Z1qgtjgvo1_500.jpg

CR - waatter@tumblr

tumblr_lquye9ehFz1qamheoo1_500.png

CR - wondermiggy@tumblr

Hyerim so cute in this outfit...

tumblr_lqvegbs3yB1qg7qk1o1_500.jpg

CR - violettay@tumblr

Guest beceshawtti3

Oh my god, why are you guys so demanding? IF JYP wants them to do retro, they'll do retro. They wear stuff they agree to. Seriously, maybe a "Can you consider doing something away from retro?" would be much better. But nooooo, it has to be a bean pie, "NO RETRO PLEASE!" Aren't you guys WG's fans? There's something called SUPPORT.

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

^ Aren't you being a little dramatic? What is so offensive about "NO RETRO PLEASE?"? Did anyone here cuss or hurl vulgarities at JYP? Why are we so demanding? After seeing Wonder Girls sing Nobody for 3 years continuously of course we will be demanding. We've already heard enough retro to last us a lifetime. Wonder Girls do retro extremely well but that isn't the only concept they are capable of pulling off. They pulled off the dark concept in 'Now', the cute concept in the WG cosmetics MV and they can even do rocker chicks concepts with ease but are they given a chance to do that officially for their albums? No. They are relegated to doing retro for 3 years straight so pardon me if I don't want to see Wonder Girls do a retro concept. AGAIN.

We are supporting Wonder Girls. Why the hell do you think we are still here despite JYPE postponing the US debut album for eternity?

@beceshawtti3 - It's normal that fans express their opinions and their desire about their favorite artists/groups. After all it's the fans who are buying the albums right? If most of the people want something different from retro, maybe it's because they just need some change. Asking for something else doesn't mean we don't support them, what kind of logic is that? As long as we buy their albums and cheer for them, we're supporting them... Some fans are promoting WG all the time, and just because they ask for another concept, they are not supporting WG? Doesn't make sense.

Guest bammie92

about the retro thing. i think it actually okay if WG gonna do it again. I mean, retro always been the Wonder Girls. they practically bring the retro trend into kpop. besides, they never really used retro as the whole concept like t-ara's roly poly. Retro is like their main theme. and we all know that the girls still gonna pull out whatever concept. this girls are the Wonder themselves! :D chill Wonderfuls! it's good to hear out the honest opinions, but please keep them polite. remember, Wonderfuls are Mannerfuls :)

Guest jcsmark

Lim with friends, taken earlier this year. I think her brother Sam is in the top left of the first picture.

limwithfriends01.jpg

limwithfriends02.jpg

limwithfriends03.jpg

Credit Sam's blog + WGBaiduBar

Dalian International Fashion Festival Stage. WG will be performing here later today for the Opening Ceremony.

49fac611tw1dkrhjaog7xj.jpg

Credit as tagged

Guest VenusValentine

Hope for some fancam at the fashion festival ^^

Finished my first exam after 2 week of study, crazy >.<

About the concept, it doesn't matter whatever it is, just hope to hear new material soon enough Y.Y

But what the girls schedule after dalian festival and the food ambassador ? anyone ?

the filming will only start on October right ? ^^

Don't know if this has been shared yet but it's wonder girls' schedule via wondergirlsworld.com

September 3rd, 2011

제 22 회 대련 국제 복장절 개막식 대련 국제 복장절: 大连国际服装节 / 大連國際服裝節

Dalian International Fashion Festival

Where: Xinghai Square, Dailan City, Liaoning Province ( 辽宁省大连市星海广场/ 遼寧省大連市星海廣場)

September 6th, 2011

한국 농식품 수출 홍보대사 위촉식

Publicity Ambassador for Korean Agri-Food Export Appointment Ceremony

한국 농식품 수출 포스터 촬영

Publicity Ambassador for Korean Agri- Food Export Poster Photo shoot

Guest jcsmark

WG arrived in Dalian a few hours ago.

A fan account mentioned that the girls hurried out of the aiport rather quickly. I think they may be on a tight schedule because they have to do rehearsals and then perform later today.

Sohee wore an orange jacket. The girls had Audi cars waiting for them at the airport. Since the car windows were tinted, the fan found it hard to clearly see the girls inside but saw Sunye on her phone and Lim playing on her ipad.

20110903dalianairportar.jpg

Credit as tagged

------

Wonder Girls will perform two songs at the opening ceremony (2 Different Tears and Nobody).

Guest my2wonder

The Wonder Girls ranked No.9 on NIkkei Entertainment October issue

Great to see them on the TOP 10 after all :D Wonder mania ~~

388492439.jpg

Twitter : @Keitadj + @ONLYJYPNATION

Guest wonderr23

Wonder Girls at Dalian Press Con

696b99ebjw1dksd79tgv5j.jpg

5637667bjw1dkse8p5gp6j.jpg

14sjn88.jpg

cr: as tagged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit

is7q.jpg

f2ey.jpg

cr:as tagged

Source: sunday890812@twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ticket

4d8e8537jw1dksbw7mn97j.jpg

Dalian International Fashion Festival Stage

65a523a4jw1dkse26izg9j.jpg

78d75659jw1dkscvdwgeqj.jpg

Wonder Girls at Dalian Press Con

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

edit

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

cr:as tagged

Source: sunday890812@twitter

Ticket

*quoted image*

Dalian International Fashion Festival Stage

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Sohee looks so pretty in white. she really stands out among the girls may be cus the other girls are all in blue.  Mmm..

Guest jcsmark

WG Dalian airport arrival fancam.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/HCpGDgq3bOc/

The fan said Sunye came out later than the rest of the girls so Wonderfuls went back inside the airport to wait for Sunye. Yeeun walked out first and Yubin wore black. Lim was very friendly and kept saying "hello" to fans.

20110903dalianairportar.png

Credit xiaogui331123@WGBaiduBar

-----

More press conference photos.

20110903dalianpressconf.jpg

696b99ebjw1dkshv3wjzjj.jpg

601d49c5jw1dksc28wamfj.jpg

Credit as tagged

Guest wendysmark

Our girls are looking great at the press conference! But isn't the press conference supposed to be in Korea on the 6th? :unsure:

Is Yenny's diay out here?

Btw, I vaguely recall I asked this question before, but seems like I didn't get an answer the other time. Can someone enlighten me on how to join Baidu and become a member? I don't mean registering at Baidu (I already have an account) but to join the individual Baidu Bar. I can join the Baidu Bar of Rania members but I have no idea why I can't for WG. :wacko:

I heard some Baidu Bars have a clubhouse for members, am I right?

Guest jcsmark

^

I'm not sure how to join the individual member Baidu bars. I don't have a Baidu account but maybe if you have twitter you can ask sunyebaidu@twitter or yeeunbar@twitter. Hope that helps.

Perfomance pictures. It was broadcasted live so maybe WG's performance clips will be uploaded online soon. They performed 2 songs, 2DT and Nobody.

6c8a73bbjw1dksit98hvqj.jpg

76aea0ddjw1dksivir3wdj.jpg

6461f972jw1dksixmurzmj.jpg

844969f5jw1dksj0p7115j.jpg

76d3348dgw1dksk24r0h3j.jpg

Credit as tagged

------

More press con pictures

Credit as tagged

-----

Nice airport photos

Credit fnoriibelynn@WGBaiduBar

Guest cornnie

Our girls are looking great at the press conference! But isn't the press conference supposed to be in Korea on the 6th? :unsure:

Is Yenny's diay out here?

Btw, I vaguely recall I asked this question before, but seems like I didn't get an answer the other time. Can someone enlighten me on how to join Baidu and become a member? I don't mean registering at Baidu (I already have an account) but to join the individual Baidu Bar. I can join the Baidu Bar of Rania members but I have no idea why I can't for WG. :wacko:

I heard some Baidu Bars have a clubhouse for members, am I right?

The press conference on the 6th is more ceremonial.

As for your query on joining member of Baidu Bar, you can do so by clicking on the "申请加入" button on the top right hand corner of the Baidu Bar. The number indicated there is the number of members in each Baidu Bar. This example I use is from WG Baidu Bar: 68yag9.jpg

Do bear in mind that certain Baidu Bar has restrictions on members joining and so it is harder for fans to join. Because Baidu is a place where you can easily create an account, so some Baidu Bar will set restrictions /  quality control so that to ensure it is true fans who are joining.

WG Baidu Bar: At least 25 posts. Must register for at least 1 week. Blacklisted ID not allowed to join.

Sunye Baidu Bar: At least 50 posts. Must register for at least 1 month. Blacklisted ID not allowed to join.

Yeeun Baidu Bar: No restrictions.

Sunmi Baidu Bar: At least 10 posts. Must register for at least 1 month. Blacklisted ID not allowed to join.

Sohee Baidu Bar: At least 3 posts. Blacklisted ID not allowed to join.

Yubin Baidu Bar: No restrictions.

Lim Baidu Bar: At least 5 posts. Must register for at least 1 week. Blacklisted ID not allowed to join.

Baidu is like the daum/naver of China. There are some reasons why the Baidu Bar admin set the restrictions as such.

WG Baidu Bar restrictions is considered very 'lax' (easy to become a member) by a Kpop idol group standard. Most top Kpop group would have set restrictions of at least 50 posts. The reason is WG Baidu Bar wanted to recruit more members and boost WG's popularity given that WG hasn't been around in Korea for a long time.

Sunye Baidu Bar sets a high restriction probably due to 2 of gifs of Sunye which had become viral in Baidu Bars (I am not talking just about within the Idol Bar category communities, but has spread to one of the largest Baidu Bar of all times). Almost everyday there will be at least a couple of people inquiring about Sunye. Sunye Baidu Bar often receives weird comments or love-call which is why they don't really want to have such people in the Bar.

Sohee Baidu Bar sets it easy because there are Heechul fans who are interested to join Sohee's Baidu Bar, but they are not really Sohee fans so it is hard for them to have to post alot. Heechul fans in China are a lot and even if a small % of them like Soheechul, it is still a lot.

Sunmi Baidu Bar and Lim Baidu Bar are kind of strict given that one is on a hiatus and the other is a new member. Usually there won't be many people joining and they would want to encourage people to join, but because of the split in fandom among Chinese WFs, antis seem to be more frequent at these 2 Baidu Bars and they are very careful when it comes to allowing members to join.

Do also note that after being a member, it might not mean you will continue being a member forever. Some Baidu Bars will pruge members if they are inactive for too long. As far as I know, Sunye Baidu Bar and Sohee Baidu Bar purged members in 2009 so their member count dropped.

WG Baidu Bar is actually hoping for more fans to join them, because WG's members is really very little as compared to the other groups. Please join us if possible!

:wub::wub:

Archived