Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest hrmmmhum

I had to register for classes in the morning, so I didn't see it until I came home; I've been spazzing since XD

Actually, I'm so out of spazz I don't have much to spazz here! I love WG's chemistry<3

I saw a lot of Wonderfuls spazzing on allkpop (and non-Wonderfuls; Elfs, too because SuJu's song/teasers are coming out) and joined them there.

Actually, SuJu articles are 4/5 of the Most Popular articles there. Guess who else is on there? ;D WG's article!!!

We're at 4th with 2170 COMMENTS AND GOING! There's also 83 likes. I'm glad the support is rebuilding :) The Wonderfuls have returned, hahah. Only 700/800 comments to catch up with the next article...

@qoxie Your lyrics matched with what I heard as well. Thanks for them :D

Actually, I said I was tired of spazzing, but it's on replay right now and hearing how YeEun hits those notes is really making me teary-eyed, too...

Does anyone know if "WGonMashupMondays" trended?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

waaaaah

:w00t::wub: :wub:

really really AH MAZING ;D

i'm sooooo in love with the girls cover <3

sunye , sohee , ye eun = angles voice

lim and yoobin = powerful rap :wub:

WG ftw :wub:

and yeah it's august i'm waiting for teaser or something JYP he he can't wit :wub::w00t:

have a nice day wonderfuls <3

The cover is too good for words. :sweatingbullets:

I had to stop replaying (on the legit YouTube channel) to write something, but it's almost like you already said it all.

I want to stress out that Sohee did so good that she caught me by surprise -- I was clueless until the camera showed her singing the part :w00t:

And there's many little things going on during the song -- like the cute "hi", "hey" choruses, and the harmonies of the finale which are fantastic.

If this beautiful cover is the tell-tale start of U.S. promotions, what's coming can only be above any expectation. :wub:

---

*Add* There's a proud PD^^

2c58c9c0780f1b17346b0af767b26d5c_large.png

About.com's Bill Lamb published this article a few hours ago -- I subscribe it all.

K-Pop Meets B.o.B. and Bruno Mars Via Billboard

By Bill Lamb, About.com Guide August 1, 2011

wondergirlsbob.jpg

If you need any more proof that K-Pop stars are ready to connect with US pop audiences, Billboard helps provide that this week. For its ongoing series Mashup Mondays, the magazine asked fans to choose which song K-Pop stars Wonder Girls should perform. B.o.B.'s breakthrough hit "Nothin' On You" was chosen. The vocals are stellar particularly in the manner in which they exchange solo parts instead of simply singing as a chorus. Singing of the Bruno Mars hook as well as delivery on the B.o.B. rhymes is equally impressive.

Wonder Girls are the first K-Pop recording artist to reach the Billboard Hot 100. They are reportedly working on their first album specifically for the US market. Producer Rodney Jerkins has been working extensively with the group. If you are unfamiliar with Wonder Girls and K-Pop in general, check out the performance below.

Watch Wonder Girls sing "Nothin' On You"

Credit as stated, link to original page:

Guest i.said.goodbye

The vocals are stellar particularly in the manner in which they exchange solo parts instead of simply singing as a chorus. Singing of the Bruno Mars hook as well as delivery on the B.o.B. rhymes is equally impressive.

Quoted for Truth!!!! <333333333333

I listened to their cover and I have to say that I absolutely loveeee it!! I think they were all amazing and Sohee bowled me over. Her voice is GOOD! It's throaty and kinda reminds me of Sunmi's. Lim was great as well but her voice sounded cutesy in the rap, not that that's bad :) Team Unnies stole the show for me though.. they were so amazing! They bring so much maturity to their performances. When Yeeun started singing I was like " I have arrived to heaven" LOL she's got so much soul and power. Sunye starting off the song was so sweet... her voice so full of emotion as per usual. And ofcourse my baby Binnie was unfreckenbelievable!!! I loved her rap and honestly it was much better then I expected... the accent is still there but it didn't take away from the performance. All in all my Wonder Girls make Wonder happen!!!! I dare anyone to say they can't sing! They've just proven that in actual fact they all can. I'm so so so sooooooo happy and this has pumped me up!!! Album please come out soon and let our Wonder Girls show the world what they are made of!!!! :wub:

Sorry for rambling but I'm so excited :D :D

edit: BTW our girls look so beautiful... I love Yubinnie's outfit.

Guest nambo07

i loved the cover!

well i watched the billboard q & a video and ye eun says something along the lines of "we do a little bit of 60s, 80s but nowadays we are doing modern music" which makes me wonder if the new song(s) are going to be retro themed or not.

Also, when she mentioned about the musicians they worked with, i was a bit saddened she didnt mention Dave Stewart...based on the demo it was a great song, i really hoped they kept it

Guest hrmmmhum

Wonder Girls Cover "Nothin' On You" for Billboard.com's Mashup Mondays

by: adikkeluangman on Aug 1, 2011

e15827e120ed5058212367149ec5479a_large.jpg

Last month, Billboard.com asked fans to choose which song will become the quintet's official Mashup Mondays cover. Among the songs available were B.o.B and Bruno Mars' "Nothin' On You", Miley Cyrus' "Party In The U.S.A." and The Band Perry's "Hip To My Heart."

B.o.B and Bruno Mars' hip-hop/R&B-tinged "Nothin' On You" won with 47% of the vote, narrowly beating out poppy Miley Cyrus' "Party In The U.S.A." which got 43%.

Just last year, the girls were chosen made Billboard.com's list of "21 Under 21 list last fall" stars.

While it has been a while since the Wonder Girl's has last promoted in Korea, Billboard mentions that they plan to release a US debut album this year. Their Korean comeback is also planned for this year.

"We just want to express our love to our fans," says WG Sunye of the fact that so many voted for "Nothin' On You." "It's a perfect song."

"The first thing was arranging the instruments," adds WG Yeeun. "I started practicing piano and then we added two more guitarists. And later a percussionist joined. And also we were traveling a lot, so we couldn't stay at one place. We had to practice on the street on the way."

Check out the Q&A chat.

Source : Billboard.com + BillboardMagazine YouTube Channel

Credit: Soompi

________

WG's article is currently 3rd Most Popular at allkpop!

My picture may be hard to see but...

screenshot11ca.jpg

I'm so proud of the Wonderfuls<3

EDIT: WG is now second! But I didn't want to delete the picture since I took a screenshot, cropped, and uploaded it XD

So here's an updated picture:

screenshot12lz.jpg

We're now at 4,100+ comments!

________

Has this been shared?

It's recent looking at their hair colors (Yubin & SunYe)

283569_200711646653117_148381535219462_578420_2515647_n.jpg

Cr: SUNlights Worldwide @ Facebook.

^ they said that it was from Roots Academy and that they were practicing their English there.

Sun also tweeted about that and the Mashup Mondays cover:

screenshot16fr.jpg

________

WG's tweets throughout the past day (sorry for the overlap):

15163992.jpg

45430916.jpg

I feel like it's Lim, ahha. Because of the use of music notes and exclamation marks (she uses things like that and stars in her tweets) and she referenced her part of the rap.

________

Lim's tweets and conversation with Alexander/Xander of U-Kiss

(sorry that her tweets to him/his tweets to her aren't back to back

I also left some of his previous tweets there so you know what they're talking about):

screenshot15fa.jpg

screenshot18j.jpg

________

The comments on the Youtube video (Billboard's 9,000+ views! PikeYenny's is unfortunately stuck, I think...) and allkpop are very encouraging :) And at this 6theory thread, too:

http://www.6theory.com/forum/index.php/topic/42457-what-do-you-think-about-nothing-on-you-covered-by-wonder-girls/

Guest QUEENka9

just finished watched Wonder Girls Cover "Nothin' On You" for Billboard.com's Mashup Mondays.

they're always awesome.

too perfect for each other.

i love my wondergirls...so cool.

they're too cool to describe. no words. LOL

Guest Mia_Mia

the youtube counter hasn't been updated yet but if you do a search for the video on youtube it shows that the video has already crossed 20,000 views .. so lets keep trying to get more views!!!!

anyways more gifs from tumblr

tumblr_lpa90yxx3a1qjemmto1_500.gif

tumblr_lpa65xONSa1qfcpmxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpa6dnXbbp1qfcpmxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpae0th46A1qc44u6o1_500.gif

tumblr_lpa6lyKfzL1qfcpmxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpa6qzRDcO1qfcpmxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpa6xvnoRn1qfcpmxo1_500.gif

tumblr_lp9uc1e7r91qctms9o8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lp9mxmQLNj1qlalsgo1_400.gif

tumblr_lp9jdbfarG1qlalsgo1_400.gif

tumblr_lp9j01SGk01qlalsgo1_400.gif

Guest ashenlo

still not over this great cover! i cried a little when i first heard Sun singing. anyone knows who made the arrangements?

i loved how yubin dressed anyone knows the ribbon ring she has? also her t- shirt and nail colour? well i really loved how she dressed from head to toes lol

Guest qsslave

Just drop by to express how happy I am with the wonder girls’ cover on nothing on you.

Overally, their performance is super duper great.they dun need to over do it cos they are just great with their own version.i got goosebumps when sohee started singing.never expect that she will sing.it just prove to us fans that she is improving a lot.sun n yenny are great as usual.they both are so into it and so sincere.i still remember when watching dream high.not sure whether teacher kang or jyp said that a singer no need to cried out loud just to attract to listener.but a singer should sing sincerely so that the listener can feel what the singer’s feel.sumthing like that.

Yoobin is great and she really rock the performance.she looks relax and enjoying her rap.

Lim is okay.it is just she sounds too teenage for me.it gives a contra with yoobin’s deep mature voice. Whatever it is,hands down to the wonder girls..they are really great performance…they have potential to go further..

Cant wait for their us album!!!

Guest valentino_rossi46

Followwg have 1 question to u guys

followWG WONDER GIRLS

#WGfacts Which girl group does @WGsohee enjoy listening to the most? S.E.S, miss A and 2ne1

I chose S.E.S although infact I dont really sure cuz Sohee rarely talked about what group/singer she liked

Guest sushii-viet

Followwg have 1 question to u guys

I chose S.E.S although infact I dont really sure cuz Sohee rarely talked about what group/singer she liked

I think S.E.S, Miss A and 2NE1 is the answer at the question.

It's true that Sohee doesn't speak about what groups she likes, but I think she likes SES, she was having fun when they did a cover of I'm Your Girl just after their debut =) and I think the answer to the question is SES, missA and 2NE1 =)

I know I'm late (TT__TT) but I just watched their cover this morning! and I was so happy TT__TT I miss them so much!! They all look so good... and they sound really good of course! =D I like Yeeun's voice the most, sounds perfect~ and same for Sunye, she sounds amazing. They both sing with emotions, as usual, I love it =) Sohee surprised me, but not really, because I already knew she is a good singer =) But I'm happy because now people will stop saying she's talentless. This is so "2007", those people should see Sohee in 2010-2011 she's really good and she's improving all the time!! I'm proud ^^ Yubin's rap was really good, I loved it *o* Hyerim was good too, but I have to say, I would like it if her rap voice was more mature ^^" I still liked it, but it sounded less mature compared to the others ^^" But overall I LOVE it =) I can't stop watching the video and listening to them... It makes it easier to wait for their album like this XD~ Can't stop spazzing LOL.

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

who's that girl sitting with them at the English class ?!!

it's not lim of cores because lim can speak English ..!!

sunmi? no?

Archived