Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

you're my super man, call me, a wonder girl.

The girls definitely pulled of the song with an amazing Wonder Girl's feel to to. I absolutely adore the cover, and I love the fact that Sohee surprised me the most. I would have never thought they'd give her a part of the chorus, but they did, and she amazed me. I love love love Sohee's constant improvement. I loved Sunye's soulful voice in the beginning, you can definitely feel the passion she's trying to show. Yubin's rap and Lim's rap was adorable, I loved it. Yeeun's ending chorus was just beautiful. Ah, I can't express how happy I am to finally see the amazing cover.

America's not going to know what hit em.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6jWnJNLbCE

PIKEYENNY HAS UPLOAD THE THE MASHUP COVER ON YOUTUBE! WATCH IT AND LEAVE A COMMENT!

CREDIT: pikeyenny@youtube

SOHEE SOUND AMAZING

had already watched it and had left a comment before coming here.  anyway thanks for the link.  I do search for the WGs on youtube for latest video clips if any from time to time.

Wow. There's so many people viewing this thread right now.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I liked how they changed the lyrics too, like valentino_rossi46 said.

Sunye was amazing throughout.I love their harmonization. It sounds great! :D

I love Yubin's skirt. ^^ As well as her rapping. Also, I want to see Lim rap more in the future.

we ain't see nothing yet, when the WGs' us album is out, this place is gonna be pack jammed...posts will be pouring in... i will be one of those...

Guest Mia_Mia

i just love the cover so much!... Sohee you've improved so much and was I the only one who thought that MinAhn's harmonization sounded really really good!?..because it so did..lol.. Lim was just adorable throughout the song and she totally fits in the group now... Yubinnie perfect and beautiful as usual.. Yeeun-ah, the soul queen! <3

and Sunye... :wub: I felt like she put so much of herself into the performance, from the time the song started to the end.... she was amazing!!

another good news, Sunye has a me2day now and I love how she spelt her name as Seonye because thats how her name is written in korea

account - http://me2day.net/wgseonye

tumblr_lp997faLxX1qakljco1_500.jpg

안녕하세요 원더걸스 선예입니다! 오랜만에 글로 인사드리는 것 같네요^^ 여러분 모두 기쁘고, 복 된 한 주를 보내고 계시리라 소망합니다! 앞으로 종종 이 곳 통해서 소식 나눌게요. 오늘 나누고 싶은 이야기가 있어요 ^^

“Hi this is Wonder Girls’ Sunye! It’s been a long time since I was able to greet you^^ I hope everyone’s week will filled with happiness and luck! I’ll be updating through this account. I have a story I would like to share today ^^”

8월 21일 진행되는 네이버 결식아동돕기 행사에 감사하게도 제가 함께하게 되었습니다. 이 귀한 날에 혹시소중한 것들을 함께 나누고 싶으신 분들은 봉사활동가기클릭해주세요! 따뜻함이 묻어나는 자리에 많은 분들과 함께 나누게 되길 기대할게요! 또 올게요~~~~^^

“Naver campaign for underprivileged kids will be on August 21. To those who want to share your valuable time volunteering please click this. I hope to share this warm feeling with a lot of people! I’ll be there~~~~^^”

Translated by wonderr23 @ soompi

Guest twinkle05

It was a surprising rendition to me and Wonder Girls gave justice to the song and for some reason I like it --- WG added their own vibe to the song.

Sohee surprised me although she is my bias in Wonder Girls I love how she improved a lot --- I knew she had it in her.

Sunye & Yeeun were phenomenal --- SOUL QUEENS definitely.

Yubin & Lim --- Loved loved the rap part.

I cannot wait for their comeback and for their American album to drop!!!

Guest candycorn

the wonder girls are lovely. i am so glad to be hearing them perform something new for once! :P

sunye's beginning vocals are sooooo great. they pull you in and make you want to listen to the whole entire song! and yubin's rap parts are really good. her voice is husky so it sounds so awesome! and lim, although she does sound very kid-like, it helps add a girly/cute vibe to the song, which is like a signature feel for the wonder girls. and sohee! her voice still needs some control, but she has improved by leaps and bounds. i'm so glad she's more confident with her voice so that she can show off her singing now. and yeeun... if i could describe her singing in one word... it's soothing. and that's all there is to it... soothing! so soothing!

WONDER GIRLSSS. can't wait for their comeback <3... this just made me anticipate it more! i'm dying from waiting! :P

This was a big HIT seriously even though this is just a cover song..but somehow the power of our girls is to make the listeners listen that they're singing sincerely from their heart and thus it gave us a new vibe to this song ^^ I m very proud.. I'm crying listening to their perfect adlibs and powerful + harmonize voices... TT____TT btw Yeeun said Nick Jonas was making a song for them.. I know Nick is good at writing ballad songs.. at this point..i don't really care what kind of concept they'll bring next..or what ever song they'll sing.. I just gonna let my ears melting for them only ^^ daebakkk!!!

HAPPY SUNMI DAY!!!

195B58424E36C1AF32BEF5.jpg

125C65424E36C1B02B3405.jpg

cr : 이크@wondercuty

ack! totaly love their cover!! >_<

2Ye are awesome as usual! Yubin and Lim are great! and Sohee, girl you've improved so much!

these are the links from BillboardMagazine official YT channel.

maybe we should spazzing over there as well =D

Wonder Girls - "Nothin' on You" (B.O.B/BRUNO MARS COVER)

Wonder Girls Billboard Q&A

cr. BillboardMagazine@YT

Guest candycorn

hey guys! let's get the girls tons of views on the billboard youtube link!

it doesn't count to just REPLAY the video... you have to REFRESH the page to get more and more views!

1. go to the BILLBOARD youtube link: click here!

2. press add to: watch later playlist

3. make sure that this video is the only video on the watch later playist.

4. make sure the arrows in a circle are selected so that the video replays itself when it is over. (it refreshes the page by itself if this is the only video on the playlist)

this way... you can hear the wonder girls over and over and over again! :P and we can get the girls some recognition with some record-breaking amount of views! yeah! :)

(p.s. if you want to listen to something else, then you can just mute the video, while still contributing a lot of views!)

let's show billboard the power of the wonder girls!

Guest ah_mui

And the girls never fail to amaze once again!!! ;)

Sohee has improved so much I can't even explain! Her singing here just blew me away. JYP better take note of that and stop giving her cutesy parts in their new songs, she's way more capable than that.

LOL Yubin looked like she was so proud of Lim when she was rapping. :P Pretty good combo I must say.

And 2YE, what can I say, definitely gave me goosebumps

AHHHH they were go gorgeous...but that goes without saying. :wub:

Guest yummy_swg

Wonder Girls rock!!

the topic of our girls at mashup mondays is voted as suggested topics at Pantip.com. (one of the most famous and popular webboard in Thailand)

this is such a great news because WG name hasn't been on suggested topics for ages TT and it's like warming up before their comeback!!

They praise the girls' English and voice :) and they also comment that they miss Wonder Girls so much

yyyyyyg.jpg

link to the topic >> WGonMashupMondays

Guest ashenlo

hey guys! let's get the girls tons of views on the billboard youtube link!

it doesn't count to just REPLAY the video... you have to REFRESH the page to get more and more views!

1. go to the BILLBOARD youtube link: click here!

2. press add to: watch later playlist

3. make sure that this video is the only video on the watch later playist.

4. make sure the arrows in a circle are selected so that the video replays itself when it is over. (it refreshes the page by itself if this is the only video on the playlist)

this way... you can hear the wonder girls over and over and over again! :P and we can get the girls some recognition with some record-breaking amount of views! yeah! :)

(p.s. if you want to listen to something else, then you can just mute the video, while still contributing a lot of views!)

let's show billboard the power of the wonder girls!

i totally agree! that's our way to help promote the girls!

and also please come and comment on Allkpop cause there are not many wonderfuls left there but we should get this cover in the most popular section so that non fans will see it and maybe become fans (+ it ll shut the antis and show them that there are still a lot of wonderfuls supporting wg!)

thanks

Guest qoxie

Embarrassing for a boy to say this, but I'm so teary right now after watching the video.

To borrow a Chinese description again: WG has truly become "talent singers" 实力派. No more "idol singers" 偶像派.

What a fruitful journey it has been for me, as a fan.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here are the lyrics as I made them out to be. Changes from B.o.B's original are per underlined.

Sunye:

beautiful boys all over the world

i could be chasing, but my time would be wasted

they got nothin' on you, baby

nothin' on you, baby

they might say hi, & i might say hey

but you shouldn't worry about what they say

cause they got nothin' on you, baby

nothin' on you, baby (Yoobin: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

Yoobin (rap):

i know you feel where i'm coming from

regardless of the things in my past that i've done

most of it really was for the heck of the fun

on the carousel, so around i spun

with no directions, just tryna get some

tryna chase boys, living in the summer sun

so i lost more than i had ever won

& honestly i ended up with none

LIM + Yoobin:

there's no much nonsense, it's on my conscience

i'm thinking, baby, i should get it out

& i don't wanna sound redundant, but i was wondering 

if there was something that you wanna know

but never mind that, we should let it go

cause we don't wanna be a t.v. episode

& all the bad thoughts, just let them go (go, go, go, go)

Sohee:

nothin' on you, baby (Yoobin: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

they might say hi, & i might say hey

cause they got nothin' on you, baby (LIM: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

nothin' on you, baby (LIM: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

LIM (rap):

hands down, there will never be another one

i've been around, & i never seen another one

look at your style, i ain't really got nothin' on

& you wild when you ain't got nothin' on

baby, you the whole package, plus you pay your taxes

& you keep it real, while them others stay plastic

you're my superman, call me a wonder girl

stop, now think about it

Yoobin + LIM:

i've been to shanghai, i've been to paris

even way out there to mexico

back home down in korea, to new york

but you always steal the show

& just like that boy you got me froze

like a nintendo 64

if you never knew, well, now you know (know, know)

Yeeun:

nothin' on you, baby

they might say hi (ALL: hi), & i might say hey (ALL: hey)

cause they got nothin' on you, baby (ALL: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

nothin' on you, baby (ALL: not-not-not nothin' on you)

Sunye:

they got nothin' on you, baby (Yoobin: not-not-not nothin' on you babe, not nothin' on you)

nothin' on you, baby (LIM: not-not-not nothin' on you)

So. .how long have I been this happy to see the girls? I'm sure all of us are! I am so proud and so happy to see them doing something new.

Anyway wow Sunye, Ye eun & Yoobin blew me away. I honestly love leader voice, it fit so well with the song and she sound wonderful. I am going to

be a little harsh and say that I wish that Yoobin rap the whole way. Lim rap is good but it just doesn't fit with the rest and it sound almost childish. . I guess

it have to do with how mature and deep Yoobin's voice is. Sohee my love is improving but once again, her voice is very babyish (wth with me and these words) and like Lim it just doesn't fit the song. I'm not saying they did bad, but just my opinion. I love it and I will go and replay this over and over now til their comeback I guess ^O^. I'm glad they did this cover, . . and I can't wait for their comeback. I really miss them . . =/

Amazing. I'm really teary-eyed. I Love these girls so much.

Indeed these are world singers. They have so much potential.

Like everyone else Sohee surprised me the most. She has improved so much!!!! I'm such a proud wonderful right now.

Guest wonderr23

did you guys watch Q&A video of Wondergirls at Billboard? Yenny mentioned that they worked on 2 songs with Claude Kelly and are also working on one song with Nick Jonas. They said they are excited to release the album cuz it has a lot of great songs and it's catchy! :wub:

Guest nancyyvoo

This is the original video on youtube of the Wonder Girls' cover Nothin on You on Billboard.com's account. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lOv94KJRE

Please watch it there and keep refreshing the page. That will give them more views and hopefully the video will go to the front page of youtube. Let's give them all our support and make them happy! Let's go Wonderfuls!

Archived