Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

China WFs say China's state CCTV-5 (their sports channel) aired a segment about WG at the Special Olympics during lunchtime.

The TV program is called 体坛快讯 ('Sports News'). The next telecast is supposed to be 6pm.

Didn't specify if the content is from the press conference, although you can see a CCTV reporter holding a mike at Sunye in one of the fanpics.

A couple of viewers posted that the girls "sang 'Nobody'". Perhaps to the camera?

- - - - - - - - -

WG also spoke at the Pyeongchang 2013 kick-off reception dinner at the Special Olympics.

Was this the same as the press conference-fanmeet?

Zgy6t.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Being interviewed by CCTV.

e16T5.jpg

Other speakers & a view of the room:

Special Olympics CEO Dr. Tom Shiver.

TOHk7.jpg

Identified by the sharer as "a ex-MTV Korea colleague & now Pyeongchang delegation spokesman".

N0m6x.jpg

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r1988

I found article about WG performing at the Mets game

원더걸스, 8월 미국 뉴욕 메츠 경기 등장 왜?

[enews24 최은화 기자] 미국에서 활동 중인 걸그룹 원더걸스가 메이저리그 경기에 등장할 것으로 알려졌다

C110704_04.jpg

원더걸스는 8월 26일 미국 뉴욕 메츠 홈구장에서 열리는 애틀랜타 브레이브스와의 경기에 등장한다. 이들은 경기에 앞서 미국 국가와 현재 작업 중인 신곡을 들려줄 예정이다.

이번 행사는 뉴욕한인회와 퀸즈한인회 주최로 추진됐다.

한편 원더걸스는 2009년 우리나라 추신수 선수가 소속돼 있는 클리블랜드 경기 당시 한국 연예인 최초로 마운드에 올랐고, 리더 선예가 대표로 시구를 했다.

<사진 출처=코리아이벤트닷컴>

최은화 기자 choieh@cj.net

[Copyright ⓒ CJ E&M 연예정보 포털 enews24 (enews24.net), 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

^

Wow, press conference or fanmeeting? So envious....

Can Greek WFs give us fanaccounts? 

Would really to hear how you guys got in & what happened & how it was like!

This thread is super-networked, you know. 

We have got Chinese, Thai, Viet, Taiwanese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Khmer, French, Middle East, et al. lurkers here (as well as from other English-speaking WF communities) so thank you for sharing!

LIM's dad (Facebook) & sometimes the Korean press, too, although they are further down the chain.

you are so right, any wonderfuls who can read english must come to visit here at least once in their wonderful life.  this is the 1st and last sources about the girls.  I come here regularly.

Guest qoxie

wpzsK.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110704/136/2uf97.html

WONDERGIRLS visits mysterious Greece; Yeeun trots out fashionista photos

Korea Star Daily update 2011-07-04 09:11

WG has shared photos from their Greece trip.

On July 2, Yeeun tweeted photos of her, Sohee, Sunye & LIM in Greece.

The pictures showed how individually fashionable Sohee, Sunye, LIM & the others are. In particular, Yeeun's blonde hair adds extra flirtation while Sohee's & Sunye's sunglasses are also very stylish. Netizens who saw the photos said: "Truly an idol group of fashionistas~" "Beautiful goddesses in Greece~ Yeeun's blonde hair is so lovely~" "Feels like Yeeun is having a great time in Greece~" & soon.

Meanwhile, WG is invited to appear at the Special Olympics closing ceremony in Athens, Greece. [TV Daily reporter Xuan Meigui]

- - - - - - - -

4mZzV.jpg

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun shares photos during Greece trip; "when are you returning to Korea?"

Yinyuetai 2011-07-04

Korean source: Hanyung

Chinese translator: Jiajia

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun shared photos during their Greece trip, which attracted everyone's attention.

On June 2, Yeeun tweeted photos of her & WF members Sohee, Sunye & LIM in Greece.

The pictures showed how individually fashionable the group members are.

Netizens who saw the photos said: "You've gone to Greece, how enviable", "When is WG returning to Korea?" "Yeeun is prettier & prettier" & so on.

Meanwhile, WG is invited to attend the Special Olympics closing ceremony in Athens, Greece.

Guest shinhdeplol

Yeeun's new tweet ^^

Pool time ;) yfrog.com/h2961ujj yfrog.com/gyroygfrj yfrog.com/gz6qlucj

961uj.jpg

roygfr.jpg

6qluc.jpg

Guest qoxie

Saw the Chinese translation of Yeeun's diary update.

Already translated the 1st half. Gimme another couple hours (to drive home & finish the rest).

She talked about a lot of things: the various Greece activities; the weekend break with LIM & American friends; Sohee's birthday & YeBin's present, etc..

She also kinda rambled on, saying she's suffering from jet lag.

Interestingly, she said WG will continue recordings in "June" (not sure if this is a typo by her or translator) & also that they have received the screenplays for the telemovie.

She also ended with a teaser about where next month's update will be from: "LA, New York or Seoul -- definitely one of these 3 places."

Later.....

Whoah, I never though I'd see our photos and vid on soompi *seds tears*

Thanks a lot to qoxie who posted here about our interview.

We are terribly sorry that we couldn't post more info or a better quality video but stay tuned because we will do all that in the next few days.

I read someone asking about fanaccounts.. not sure what you meant, but feel free to contact us and we'll see if it's something we can help out.

Cheers from Angelina, the girl who asked the questions and sounded like a male buff track driver lol :)

Lolli(k)pop <3s Soompi :)

Guest confushioOon

omg thankyou stylists !! 

finally sunye gets to wear a beautiful outfit! Shes a gorgeous girl but I've always felt her fashion sense (or the stylists) make weird choices when it comes to her outfits. Like kiehls event for example where everyone was in nice floral dresses and she wore a black dress (which imo did not look that great).. 

I miss these girls so much !! they all look so mature and pretty now :)

Wondergirls were my first love and will always be, even though they haven't come out with any recent music I always make sure to occasionally check up on them via this thread because I can't seem to abandon them even with the influx of new idol groups .. sigh im such a sucker for these girls and I'm a girl myself lolol

Guest qoxie

Hi cimoril.

Thanks again for sharing. No need to be modest; the stuff you got is pretty good.

Love the accent -- the questioner sounded so serious during the Q&A!

Fanaccount means a description of what happened from the eyewitness's perspective.

Bloggers do it in their personal blogs nowadays. Previously, fans would post detailed narratives about meeting their idols (along with fanpics & fancams) on message boards.

They often made for an entertaining read. Strictly voluntary. No set length required.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here is Yeeun's diary, re-translated from a Chinese version.

Apologies for any misinterpretations. (There's always some.)

3qbjW.jpg

LfMQx.jpg

K2aXK.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

[Yenny Day]  Wonderfuls, how are you? Hehe.

How time flies; half of 2011 is already over. Time for July's Yenny Day~ Hehe.

Anyone wondering when did I start using [Korean] non-honorifics? Check the contents of June's Yenny Day ^^ Hahehe.

We are currently in Athens, Greece~

Here for a major performance in the Special Olympics! Just returned from rehearsals; so looking forward, so touched.. *-_-* Can't criticize the performance this time, right? Hum.

Anyway,

I figured using non-honorifics would make it more convenient, yet it's making me write more cautiously. *cry*

Thinking of reverting back to honorifics. Why do I suddenly feel so much more formal?

Hum.

It's 12:45 over here.

Feeling very, very, very, very, very, very, very tired.

Korea & America are 13 hours apart. Greece & Korea are also 6 hours apart.

No idea what time zone my body clock is in. But I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very tired.

Sleepy, yet I can't sleep.

Cuz today is Yenny Day... Busy again tomorrow... But I think it should already be Yenny Day in Korea...

You guys would always spam Twitter anyway... Hehehehe.

Our Wonderfuls are so clever, they spam Moonworker & Jane on Twitter too, obliging me to write... Hehehehehe.

My fault for not abiding to our agreement. *cry*

Like parched land receving a little rain, I'm updating only once a month. So what I write mustn't be improper, right? *cry*

Oh, I originally wanted to use non-honorifics to write something casual like: "Hey!!! You guys!! Can't give me better?!"...

But after starting, I suddenly thought it might hurt you guys' feelings... Hehehehe.

Maybe I'm too tired, can't remember what I wanted to say. *cry*

Lemme re-focus.

Firstly, we will continue our recordings in June(?) We also received our screenplays. As everyone now knows, we are going to make a movie ^^

The screenplay is very interesting; it's really, really good. Hehe. Bit pressuring to act in English, but it's gonna be fun portraying our personalities!

Lots of room allowing me to express myself in my own way. I think Wonderfuls will also like it~

Oh yes! Something else. Me & LIM took a short weekend trip.. Hehehehe.

I think some Wonderfuls saw the photos. Just unveiled a few more today.. Hehe.

We went to a friend's house in North Carolina. Such a quiet, secluded place. Truly felt like a decent vacation~ Hehe.

We were at ease wearing bikinis(!) Hehehehe. Cuz we were the only ones around. Really. Hehe.

Also...

Our Sohee's birthday! Hehehehe.

For Sohee's birthday, me & Yoobin unni bought a present together~ A black dress & pants... Ah, what do you call such an outfit... Can't remember.

Anyway, they fit Sohee very well! Hehe. Go spam Sohee's Twitter for the proof.. Hehe.

Almost everyone got together for Sohee's birthday. Everyone came to celebrate~ Thanks to all for finding the time to turn up! Hehe.

Been ages since we have such fun together. It felt so great! Hehe. Even got to see (?), something never seen before. Hehe.

I only realized after it ended that we did not take a group photo... Hahahahahehehe.

Too much fun for everyone to remember.

We reached Greece yesterday~ Hehe.

We came via Istanbul, Turkey. I even got to eat ice cream >< Hehehehe. The uncle kept teasing when giving to us~ Hehehe.

The ice cream is sticky, like rice cake. Couldn't get the hang of it, so I just stir it in the cup. Hehehehe.

So delicious >< Hehe.

When we arrived yesterday, oh yes... What was that shrine? We went to that shrine... We also went to a museum. But everyone was very tired, so we just had a general peek.

While at a cafe, I saw the Wonderfuls spamming Twitter again... Hehehehehe.

We also went to a Greek restaurant for a delicious Greek meal. Hehe.

Went to a market & saw souvenirs~ Also, street performers~

Got up really early today for rehearsals! Went to the beach after lunch. More rehearsals in the evening!

Gotta wake up early tomorrow for a table-tennis competition! Sunye & I are going~ Hehe >< Waakaka

Plus a medal presentation... press conference & interviews, then rehearsals again!

Oh yes.

Is everyone waiting for the bikini photos...? Hehehehe.

Today's seaside photo uploads got compliments ^^ Hehehehehehe.

A closer look will show that the skirt [top] is a bra. Tied around the neck is a bikini string ^^*

Anyone familiar with that decorative design would know it's a bikini ^^*

Letting you guys imagine the rest.... *-_-* *stammers*

Ah, looks like I am writing about mindless stuff.

Too tired. Can't think anymore... *cry*

Oh, next month's Yenny Day is my brother Yo Sep's birthday~! Hehe. Where will I be then?

LA, New York, Seoul. Definitely in one of these 3 places....

Will share more valuable news with everyone on the next Yenny Day. *cry*

Giving up using non-honorifics. It's too burdensome TT

So sorry, more meaningless talk again.

Thank you everyone for reading the boring stuff to the end.

Always saying this,

But it's true every time:

Love you all. Love love love love love love!!!!

Yassas (Greek for goodbye~)

Hehe. Hey, so embarrassed after attempting to write using non-honorifics. Hehehehehe. More intimate than the other? Hehehe. It's 'yaobo' (meaning 'darling', ala between husband & wife) Hehehehehe.

Has this been posted?

ESPN is going to be streaming the Special Olympics Closing Ceremony, on their website.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/olympics

Credit: Martin @ Fantastics.

Ah! The girls look like they are having so much fun in Greece! They look so pretty! 7 songs?! I can't wait for the new album! <3

Happy Yubin's day, and Happy Sohee day. (Yubin day Every 4th of the month, Sohee day every 1st Monday of the month)

And tomorrow, is the FIRST Lim's day!

http://otlimit.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/the-first-lim-day/

6463_0927088001309746477_93.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mKLNPBzlBG0

Video and picture by Kristie Castro @ Fantastics

Wonder Girls Fighting!

~Linda~

Guest qoxie

This is pretty cool. The Special Olympics organizer is giving WG headliner status for the closing ceremony finale.

Red highlights are my own. The WG members are linked to their wikipedia bios.

PRESS RELEASE

2011-07-04

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mandy Murphy                            Kristin Hughes

mamurphy@specialolympics.org            khughes@specialolympics.org

+1-202-459-7561 or +30-698-511-2599    +30-698-511-2552

SPECIAL OLYMPICS WORLD SUMMER GAMES ATHENS 2011 CLOSES WITH CELEBRATION OF ATHLETES & VOLUNTEERS 

Special Olympics Flag Lowered and Passed To Special Olympics World Winter Games PyeongChang, Korea2013

ATHENS, GREECE - 3 July 2011 – Tomorrow evening on Monday 4 July, Special Olympics World Summer Games ATHENS 2011 will come to a close after 10 days of competition among nearly 7000 athletes from almost 180 countries.  The World Games Closing Ceremony at the historic Kallimarmaron Panthinaikon Olympic Stadium will be a celebration of Special Olympics athletes, families and fans, as well as the thousands of volunteers who made the Games possible.

The Ceremony will begin with a pre-show at 20:30 with the ceremony formally beginning at 21:00.  

Athens, Greece will say goodbye to the thousands of Special Olympics athletes who have united this city and thank them for all they have done to provide hope and inspiration, as the ceremony will begin with a parade of about 300 athlete representatives from the nearly 7000 who competed in World Games.

After the parade, Greek entertainment will rally the crowd  of special artists and bands such as ONIRAMA (Thodoris Marantinis,George Kokonidis, Dimitris Kokonidis, Dionisis Fratzis, Kostas Karakatsanis, Christos Tresintsis), BATALA leaders (Stefanos Kontaratos, Stavros Kontaratos), ΑΕRIKA (Kostas Antaras, Yiannis Argiropoulos, Panagiotis Paglatzis,Giorgos Ntaftis, Kostas Giannoulakis, Eirini Paraskevopoulou, Liza Louka, Roubini Andreadou, Ioannis Limakis), STAMATIS KRAOUNAKIS BAND (Stamatis Kraounakis, Sofia Kakoulidou, Anna Laki, Aris Vlahos, Kostas Mpaltazakis), Alkistis Protopsalti, Dimitris Lignadis, Mirtó Papatanasi, Kseniia Simonova Giota Negka, Petroloukas Chalkias, Natassa Mpofiliou, Glykeria, Karagiozis performers (Athos Danellis,Constantinos Koutsoumplis,Nikolaos Loukakis, Achilleas Tsigas, Konstantinos Vamvakaris, Anastasios Dourmousoglos, Nikolaos Tzivelekis, Nikolaos Markis, Dimitrios Athanassiou, Nektarios Athanassiou, Aggelos Karatzas, Aris Karatzas), Elektra Nikolouzou, Maria Nafpliotou,  Dimitra Doumeni

PARTY PLAYMEN:

Lefteris Xenakis, Pavlos Manolis

Heather Small  

WONDER GIRLS

Sunye  (Sun)

Yeeun (Yenny)

Sohee 

Yubin 

Hyerim  (Lim)

MYRONAS STRATIS BAND (Myronas Stratis,  Alekos Kourtis, Alekos Voulgarakis, Platonas kapridis)

Eleonora Zouganeli

The official end of Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011 will include the extinguishing of the flame and the ceremonial lowering of the Special Olympics flag to be transferred over to the Games Organizing Committee for the 2013 World Winter Games in PyeongChang, Korea. 

The finale of the Closing Ceremony will be a concert by Korea’s own K-pop artists, The Wonder Girls, the number one girl group in Asia. While they are closing out the current World Games, they will also be serving as messengers of Korean culture and giving a preview of the 2013 World Winter Games.

Competition happened in 22 sports and a total of 12,000 medals were awarded to the athletes. The athletes will return to their home countries starting 5 July where they will be celebrated by their governments, communities, schools and families. 

“When we opened these Games 10 days ago we declared that we, Special Olympics, were home in Greece at the birthplace of sport,” said Dr. Timothy P. Shriver, Chairman and CEO of Special Olympics and Special Olympics World Summer Games Organizing President Joanna Despotopoulou. “The athletes of Special Olympics showed Athens and the world that they are real athletes that represent the best in sport.”

You can buy tickets to Closing Ceremony at www.ticketnet.gr .  

Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011 lasted for the past 10 days, from 25 June to 4 July featuring more than 7,000 Special Olympics Athletes from nearly 180 countries around the world competing in the largest international multi-sport event of the year, featuring 22 Olympic-type sports.

About Special Olympics

Special Olympics is an international organization that changes lives through the power of sport by encouraging and empowering people with intellectual disabilities, promoting acceptance for all, and fostering communities of understanding and respect worldwide. Founded in 1968 by Eunice Kennedy Shriver, the Special Olympics movement has grown from a few hundred athletes to more than 3.7 million athletes in over 170 countries in all regions of the world, providing year-round sports training, athletic competition and other related programs.  Special Olympics now takes place every day, changing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities in places like China and from regions like the Middle East to the community playgrounds and ball fields in every small neighborhood’s backyard.  Special Olympics provides people with intellectual disabilities continuing opportunities to realize their potential, develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, and experience joy and friendship. Visit Special Olympics at www.specialolympics.org. Engage with us on: Twitter @specialolympics ; fb.com/specialolympics ; youtube.com/specialolympicshq , and specialolympicsblog.wordpress.com .

World Games website:  www.athens2011.org 

World Games Press Twitter:  www.twitter.com/athens2011media 

Source: http://www.specialol...Volunteers.aspx

Guest hrmmmhum

Happy Yubin Day! Happy Mandu Day!

If you're in America, ESPN is now streaming!!!!!! (and Happy 4th of July :] )

Unfortunately, I don't have a way of recording this except for my phone but that will be very bad quality. I can tell you guys what happens, though :D

There was a man who introduced the closing ceremony.

Then a woman spoke and another man came on to introduce a band (ONIRAMA. I think they're Greek) who played while the winners or contestants walk and wave in a parade. The parade ended but I think they might be performing 3-4 songs.

They're really good! Their music pretty upbeat and fun : )

There's also a group of 20-30 people that came out; it looks like they're wearing traditional clothes and they played drums.

Shayne Lewis (sp?) from Great Britain's tennis team gave a speech/recap of the event.

The organizing committee's Special Olympics President is now giving a speech. It's not in English.

The president (Joanna?) is now being presented a gift by a man; I think he was in the photos of the kickoff event for PyeongChang 2013). He is now giving his own speech.

There's another band (they said something about them giving to athletes w/ disabilities and said, "Please welcome them" I thought it was going to be WG. My heart stopped XD). There's also dancers.

The mayor of Athens is "declaring the close" of the Special Olympics.

A man is singing and playing piano. It's not in English again.

Nevermind XD Since we know that WG will be on last now :]

Guest hrmmmhum

YEEUN TWEETED THAT THEY'RE READY TO GO ON! Wish her luck @WGyenny :D (But they must just be preparing early since they're last, right? Right now they're playing traditional music and doing a skit and dances)

WGyenny Yenny Park

I mean, ready to go on stage!! XD

6 minutes ago

WGyenny Yenny Park

Ready to go!! ;)

10 minutes ago

Collecting the pics as they're published on Twitter...

The girls went in with the Korean flag

@Erisadesu

http://twitpic.com/5l8f1r

http://twitpic.com/5l8g9x

Lol wonder girls on my tv #specialolympics #athens2011 #wondergirls

http://twitpic.com/5l8gvh

I can not believe that wonder girls are here #specialolympics #athens2011 #wondergirls

@sofiatealy

http://twitpic.com/5l8gmn

Wonder Girls!!!!!!! LOVE THEM! #specialolympics

Guest hrmmmhum

They just performed Arirang!!!

So first, I think they brought up the Korean committee's President to hand over the torch. They played traditional music (not Arirang, yet, I think?) and had traditional Korean dancers. Next, they played video clips of all sort of Korean things -- the city, food, school girls singing Arirang, etc. Poppin' Hyun Joon performed with his crew and two little boys and two little girls (they were in pairs and the boys popped around the girls it was cute lol).

Next, Arirang came out! The girls are wearing black skirts with red satinish tops. They look gorgeous in these new outfits! They walked out holding flags or torches; I was looking more at the girls than that XD They zoomed in Sun and Yenny. YeEun sang first then SunYe sang. I don't think anyone else did, except maybe in harmony. I think it was mixed to be a bit more fast paced in parts. I remember Sun singing "Arirang Arirang Arirang" very quickly instead of in the traditional way where its dragged out. They did the move that they put in Ee Babo x) I remember they ended with Yubin in center.

I recorded it but I don't have a way of putting it on a computer because my computer does not recognize these discs. The library doesn't have computers that accepts CDs or DVDs :''[ I'm sorry; I'll try to figure something out.

PikeYenny was not able to watch a stream; Wonderr23 found many for her but none of them worked. PikeYenny told many people on Twitter watching the stream to record it so hopefully we'll have something to watch (hopefully my clip, too).

Archived