Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

Yeeun looks very tanned vis-a-vis the WG tourist pics from 2 days ago.

Must be from the beach excursion with Yoobin yesterday?

Sunye had worn a long dress to the Acropolis. No wonder her legs remains pale compared to her upper body. lol

- - - - - - - -

This Greek Kpop fan mentioned meeting WG.

@ieyra_ she is pretty irl! 86506480 more pretty than what she is in photos etc. 6 minutes ago via Mobile Web in reply to ieyra_

i talked with yubin! 18 minutes ago via Mobile Web

wonder girls were great! Lim was really pretty 23 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Cr: jigymarg @ twitter

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pics make me think that 2YE has joined the volunteers in their spare time at the stadium.

The organization of the Special Olympics relies on volunteers, their site says there are 25.000 of them (the athletes are 7.500, family members are 40.000). And we all know the girls and their good heart... ^^

--

This was the scene of the Panathinaikos Stadium at the opening ceremony. Big scene...

(via kazaf10@twitter)

6941.jpg

--

On the media front, I've triple checked RAISport2 (and 1) programming - next week until Friday there is no program for the closing ceremony :tears: (sadly the programming is dominated by the Tour De France)

I'll try recording the news segments on the 4th and the subsequent days.

Guest Ly0209

Yenny looks sooo slim and tanned! But she look beautiful as always! Also Sunye :D

http://www.6theory.com/forum/index.php/topic/38064-who-pulls-off-the-retro-concept-best/

People please vote for our wonder girls!

They are behind! We wonderfuls know that WG are the one who made the retro concept a trend!

So they pulled the concept the best! Tell me, So Hot, Nobody and 2DT are 4 mega hits right?

Guest qoxie

^

Wow, press conference or fanmeeting? So envious....

Can Greek WFs give us fanaccounts? 

Would really to hear how you guys got in & what happened & how it was like!

This thread is super-networked, you know. 

We have got Chinese, Thai, Viet, Taiwanese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Khmer, French, Middle East, et al. lurkers here (as well as from other English-speaking WF communities) so thank you for sharing!

LIM's dad (Facebook) & sometimes the Korean press, too, although they are further down the chain.

Guest qoxie

Wonder Girls Press Conference – 03/07/2011 Athens GR

By Lollikpop on July 4th, 2011 at 00:53

Posted In: News

Lolli(k)pop is proud to announce that our team was able to attend the press conference that the Wonder Girls participated.

The press conference took place at Hilton Athens Hotel in the evening of Sunday 03/07/2011.

Apart from Korean and Chinese TV channels, Lolli(k)pop was the only team able to attend the press conference, along with one of the admins of the Greek KPOP forum.

We would like to thank first of all the Special Olympics organizers, the Wonder Girls, Mrs Jane Kim and Hilton Hotel Athens.

Also our love and support to Efi, one of the admins of the KPOP forum that arranged some of the questions asked, along with the members of the forum and our friends who support us.

Below, you will find some of the photos we took during the press conference. We will update the post with more information and comments as soon as we have the video with the interview uploaded.

Please do not re-upload without giving us credits.

LWvdQl.jpg

0xRebl.jpg

4OkcDl.jpg

aR08Tl.jpg

ZU8tYl.jpg

sS7nDl.jpg

And the interview you’ve all been waiting for. By the way, I think we were the only ones asking them questions mostly about KPOP ^_^

We will try to re-upload later with better audio quality and less shaky view =) We will also transcript the interview in Greek and English for those interested.

Enjoy! And don’t mind our accent 

Lollikpop Interview with the Wonder Girls @ Hilton Athens 2011.07.03

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1jZEEUYKGLo]

Source: http://www.lollikpop.gr/?p=212

Guest hrmmmhum

^There was "an interview with some reports" ! :D Or at least according to YeEun-Impact's translation of YeEun's July Yenny Day Diary entry:

[PHOTOS] WG’S 2YE PRESENTS AWARDS TO ATHLETES FOR SPECIAL OLYMPICS UNITY SPORT EVENTS

JULY 3RD, 2011 • 1 COMMENT • POSTED BY ANG3L0V3SN0W

Wonder Girls’ 2YE presented awards to some of the athletes from Special Olympics World Summer Games ATHENS 2011.

YeEun uploaded some photos of the award-giving ceremony on her twitter.

Just like YeEun wrote in her July Yenny-Day diary:

“Tomorrow we will get up early again for a ping pong tournament!! Sunye will go with me~ kk >< kkyaak

There will also be some awards… and an interview with some reports, and more rehearsal!”

Wonder Girls will be preparing themselves to perform at the closing ceremony on July 4th.

[Credit: WGyenny twitter]

Judging from the pics and the fact that she said, "There will also be some awards," do you think they actually presented medals? I hope it airs!

EDIT: ^ Well, actually, YeEun-Impact said that they did present the medals, but I meant to ask if it was the official medal-presenting ceremony, you know?

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. I guess we already figured out what the interview was like with the video :D Thanks so much bluewhitesky, qoxie, and all the Greek WFs out there and at Lollikpop (Arsinoi filmed the video, right? though she/he may not see this) ;]

Guest hoangngo19

oh my god.!! all my girls are so beautiful ^^

Sun is not skinny no more ^^

Oh my Mandu Sohee.!! you're so cute ^^

Guest *bluebutterfly*

bluewhitesky Thanks a lot for sharing the photos. You're so lucky to have been there. xD

They all look so beautiful. But wow! Yubin really has been been catching my eye in all the photos recently. She looks amazing! ^^ And Yubin said to Seulong on twitter she had to diet? She doesn't need to. She looks amazing as she is now.

tumblr_lns795ZkTb1qagmgmo1_500.jpg

The thing that impressed me the most: When cctv was about to interview them all the “stylists/makeup artist” rushed to their side and started fixing hair-make up. I thought that the whole situation was a little crazy. They already looked stunning and perfect.

Source: happytvxq @ tumblr

Guest i.said.goodbye

OMG Athens has been good to our girls... they look absolutely amazing!!!!!

I love Sunye's, Lim's and Yubin's outfits in the press conference.. so pretty :wub:

http://a.yfrog.com/img614/3333/ri6ev.jpg

2YE!!<3333333333

Yenny is looking so good... her outfit really flatters her gorgeous body :)

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Twitter translations

Credit: fyjypnation @ tumblr

110702 Yubin

tumblr_lns8g66k7G1qddlq5o1_500.jpg

ㅎㅎ 혼자 사진 좀 찍어보겠다고 뛰어다님~ㅎㅎ

ㅎㅎ Ran around because I wanted to get pictures by myself~ㅎㅎ

110702 Yeeun

tumblr_lns8l1XHt21qddlq5o1_400.jpg

예쁘게좀 찍어보려했건만…. 빙구 ㅋ

I tried to get pretty pictures but…. Bingu ke

tumblr_lns8n7SUYD1qddlq5o1_500.jpg

거인예니 ㅋㅋ

Giant Yenny keke

tumblr_lns8pxiQmK1qddlq5o1_500.jpg

역광예니 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Backlight Yenny kekekeke

tumblr_lns943A8Pe1qddlq5o1_500.jpg

귀여운 메달리스트 코스타디노바양~!ㅋ

Cute medalist Kostadinova~!ke

I love all the photos the girls have been uploading onto twitter. Yeeun looks great too! I love her outfits. ^^

Guest Mia_Mia

Oh god Sunye looks gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!......... oh im just so happy to finally see the stylists do justice to her beauty!!... Others looking great too, and Yubin looks so tan and fabulous... lol.. I feel Sunye and Yubin look even greater when they stand next to each other because their looks are so different that they complement each other a lot... they should always stand together !!...keke

Guest hrmmmhum

^Cute!!! They're trying to see if it's real gold or not, hahaha. I wonder how YeEun does her hair like that. Is SunYe's hair in a braid? It's so pretty and perfect for ping pong :] 2Ye has had so many pics together recently :D I'm happy! But I also feel like I'm seeing a husband&wife on their honeymoon LOL like how they went out for dinner (with Joo) and are sightseeing and all.

Guest qoxie

Slightly different angle.

818Ig.jpg

0rHHG.jpg

Cr: Marialena94 @ greekpop.asiat-world.com

- - - - - - - - - - -

YflQ0.jpg

xYzkp.jpg

Cr: Wonderholic

Guest qoxie

WG apparently activated their weibos today.

Waiting to see if they get authenticated, either verified by Sina (who will add an orange 'V') or announced by JYP & JYPE China (both are following only missA's weibos for now) on the platform.

Same usernames as on Twitter, except no underscore for LIM.

Screencaps:

QhicK.jpg

wtzk1.jpg

9QY1I.jpg

v5q9e.jpg

UPdW3.jpg

Respective followers on weibo:

JYP - 169,948

JYPE China - 54,780

missA JIA - 195,573

missA FEI - 176,418

missA Suzy - 60,336 (launched last Tues)

missA MIN - 53,210 (launched last Tues)

Further perspective: Han Geng has 4,613,412; ex-Baby VOX Kan Mi Yeon (who is friends with JIA & FEI) has 77,150; Liu Xin has 25,890.

Archived