Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

SNSD, Kara, Mblaq...idol stars overseas advance will 'leave the domestic stage empty'

2011-05-18 15:27

N2011051815280251301.JPG

[Economic Today Park Jin-hee journalist]

Although overseas activities are good, the Korean stage is empty

Wondergirls' 1 year dissipation

SNSD which captivated the uncle fans with their song 'Hoot' has been inactive for 6 months in the domestic stage. Kara's famous hip dance and song 'Jumping' is now famous in Japan. Not to mention their ongoing crisis with their label is causing them to limit their domestic activities. As for Wondergirls who has been busy in the American continent, it's been a year since domestic fans saw them.

The successful overseas expansion of domestic idols are evident. Last week, SNSD's 'Mr. Taxi', Big Bang's 'Big Bang 2', Kara's 'Jet Love Coaster', Mblaq's 'Your Love' swept the Oricon singles chart proving that not even the calamities that has been happening there can stop their popularity.

And there's the Wondergirls who debuted in the famous Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States and are currently working hard to grace the world stage. With only 2 weeks of domestic activities last year, they immediately resumed their American schedule. Their special edition album which was released in China was able to enter the Top 10 International artist category this March. JQT is expected to contribute to the success of their American feat as well.

Although they're experiencing a lot of success in the overseas stage, their domestic activities are not. 'Nobody' is released long ago and they promoted their song '2 Different Tears' for a span of 2 weeks only. Girls' Generation and Kara although successful overseas were also well accepted in the domestic stage. They received a lot of great attention for their comebacks.

SNSD, Wondergirls, Kara, Big Bang, Mblaq, Beast's overseas advance will definitely leave the domestic stage empty.

One music fan commented, "although they're gaining success overseas, the domestic fans should also be taken into consideration shouldn't they?" and "they shouldn't overlook the fact that domestic fans contribute to their success as well".

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

^

Thanks!

- - - - - - -

Someone tweeted this about 16 hours ago.

Dunno how recent it is. TV Azteca (Mexican TV) has dedicated Kpop content but they are showing someone else on their homepage flash ticker now.

The title translation was included in the right side of the pic.

ObJC6.png

Cr: Qriizthian @ twitter

Guest qoxie

Just saw this at DkpopNews. Wonder if it will be WG's Indonesian date as well, rather than MTV World Stage (no news yet)?

4 JYP Nation artistes will perform together in Jakarta.

Lee Hyun (8eight) is part family too, although not officially so (despite sharing the same sub-label as 2AM & who had also worked with WG before).

tRRjx.jpg

Sources:

http://www.dkpopnews...un-and-joo.html

http://twitter.com/S...668469175189504

http://ticket.plasa.com/

Guest adikkeluangman

@galaxiemag Galaxie magazine

Music fans! MTV World Stage 2011 is happening 24 July at i-City. Confirmed acts so far are 30 Seconds To Mars and Pop Shuvit.

@msnbuzz MSN Entertainment

You may retweet this: Announcement of acts for MTV World Stage 2011 http://on-msn.com/jGYAZt

MTV World Stage Asia will be in Malaysia for third time. I just want to wait for Korean act only.

Anyway based on chronology, 2AM perform as after concert party for the event on 2009. WG perform as the line-up in 2010 and who next for this year.

Someone tweeted this about 16 hours ago.

Dunno how recent it is. TV Azteca (Mexican TV) has dedicated Kpop content but they are showing someone else on their homepage flash ticker now.

The title translation was included in the right side of the pic.

i think it's the same channel. Wonder Girls in Mexican TV for 90 seconds ^_^

WONDER GIRLS!!!!! 90 seg

cr. laus1890mx@YT

--------------

Wonder Girls introduced on Mexican TV show “Venga la Alegría”

19 May 2011 1 views No Comment By: NESSA

Since around three weeks ago, the Mexican morning TV show called “Venga la Alegria” from Azteca 13, channel from the second largest television network in the country, TV Azteca, has been featuring KPOP artists every Wednesday in their segment “90 segundos de…” (90 seconds of…).

The “90 segudos de…” consist of a small introduction of the featured artist by the show’s host, Sergio Sepulveda, followed by 90 seconds of clips of the said artists, usually small cuts from around 3 to 4 music videos.

In the past weeks they have shown 90 seconds of Big Bang, Super Junior and TVXQ and on May 18th, it was finally Wonder Girls time to shine as “Venga la Alegria” presented the “90 segundos de Wonder Girls”, being the first female group to be featured. Before the video clip of the girls, Sergio Sepulveda introduced each member and talked about their success by entering the Billboard Hot 100, their participation on Jonas Brother’s tour in 2009 and their millions of views on YouTube.

Check out a part of the clip below:

Wonder Girls en Tv mexicana [programa "Venga la alegría"]

“Venga la Alegría” is the same TV show that made a short report about the KPOP movement, highly featuring the Wonder Girls, back on April 28th. Between 2009 and 2010 they also did parodies of UCC videos found on YouTube of “Nobody” and “Tell Me”, in their segment “No es lo mismo pero es igual” (It’s not the same but it’s alike).

We would like to ask everyone to help Spanish speaking WonderFuls, especially Mexican fans, thank Sergio Sepulveda for featuring the Wonder Girls by sending him tweets at @SERGESEPULVEDA, a simple “Gracias por los 90 segundos de Wonder Girls” will be enough.

Video: tomoyo458@youtube.com

Written by: NESSA@wonderfulsworld.com/wonderfanaticos.com

src: http://wonderfulsworld.com/2011/05/19/wonder-girls-introduced-on-mexican-tv-show-venga-la-alegria/

-------------edit

best quality video

90 segundos Wonder Girls [Venga la Alegría - Kpop] 18.05.2011

cr. RainieLov3100@YT

Guest jcsmark

The Wonder Girls account on Fantastic commented that a Real Wonder Girls video will be uploaded today!!

I checked WG's YT channel and they have already uploaded the video, but is set on private.

I want to watch it so badly lol, Sunye looks like she has pink streaks in her hair!!

unleddo.jpg

Here's where I got the screen cap from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNf4ll_KIpU

^ I can't wait for the new Real Wonder Girls video! I hope it's a long one because it's been a long time since the last one! These days I miss WG way too much =S I don't think I can wait until July for the new album LOL it has to be June (please!!!) but if it's really later than June than... *sigh* Well... I can do anything for WG XD Patience... =)

intevieww.jpg

See how the Wonder Girls spent their time at the Interview Magazine Photo Shoot in NewYork! What kind of manicure does Sun like? What color highlights did each WG members put in their hair? Sun even tells us that her hairstyle is similar to her puppy, Min Dori’s! Finally, wait until you see a tired Sohee, fan herself with her hands so that her eye makeup won’t get damaged~!

Behind the Scenes at the Interview Magazine Photo Shoot

Guest qoxie

Wonderpirates of the Carribean ^^

They look like they took a lot of photos, so why not make more of them public? :P

It's such a brilliant concept too.

- - - - - - - - - -

A Naver blogger spotted a WonderPM billboard when he was in Taipei.

It was for the Taipei Metro Street Dance competition, which both idol groups are promotional ambassadors for.

MSMUd.jpg

Source: http://blog.naver.co...gNo=30108888196

Guest jcsmark

The girls look gorgeous!!

We are at Kiehl's 160th year event!! http://yfrog.com/h037fapj

37fap.jpg

301460797.jpg

YENNY AND YUBIN<3 예은이와 유빈이에요!!!^-^ KIEHL'S 행사 왔어요~ http://twitpic.com/4zhdon

301462151.jpg

무언가를 열심히 적고있는 원더걸스!! I wonder what the girls are writing:) http://twitpic.com/4zhed7

301463035.jpg

Credit followwg@twitter

Guest ah_mui

OMG, finally new pics of the girls. They're looking a gorgeous as ever. Love the dresses! Can't wait for more close up pics and selcas

Yubin looks amazing with her hair styled like that, it's been forever since she's had long hair.Looks like Sunye trimmed her fringe too. :w00t:

Guest Yoyo

hehe, Jane just tweeted a picture with Sohee <3 <3 <3 <3

29vijpf.jpg

소희랑 회사와서- 우리회사 조명은 참 좋아 키키

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls post special BTS video at interview shoot

by GhostWriter on May 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm

The Wonder Girls official blog at wondergirlsworld.com recently posted a special video for their fans. It’s a video giving fans a special behind the scenes glimpse into how the girls spend their time during an interview magazine photo shoot in the Big Apple.

Their official blog wrote,

“See how the Wonder Girls spent their time at the Interview Magazine Photo Shoot in NewYork! What kind of manicure does Sun like? What color highlights did each WG members put in their hair? Sun even tells us that her hairstyle is similar to her puppy, Min Dori’s! Finally, wait until you see a tired Sohee, fan herself with her hands so that her eye makeup won’t get damaged~!”

Check out the video below and if you don’t understand Korean you can get a full translation at the Wondergirlsworld.com Blog

Behind the Scenes at the Interview Magazine Photo Shoot

Credit Allkpop

Guest ah_mui

New pics of Yubin has just been tweeted. Hope they update with more individual pics of the other girls too!

71a3e5f754.jpgd90f1cfe1e.jpg

Credits: followWG @ twitter

Guest bammie92

wow! yubin looks like barbie! i love her hair!!

i want the other's individual pics too.

does anyone have clearer picture of the girls?

Guest Yoyo

Ah the girls all look so pretty and I love the floral dresses. I love the way their hair is, it's so nice and down to earth looking <3 Ah this gets me even more excited for their comeback!

Guest Mellerz

wahhh! yubin unnie so pretty! lovin' the photo! lovin' her hair even more!

they gotta stop changing their hair, keep it the way it is!

oh, and the pink highlights in sunye's black hair actually suit her very well!

Archived