Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sometime i dont understand Korean lol, nowadays they so underrate our girls, but in the Korean girl group map, the girls still have a big fan base, 22.4% and sunny, while 2NE1, is rainy, IU is just so-so (while since early 2011 she's new nation little sister)

And for the survey, it's from 1.7.10, no wonder Lim didnt get much recognized. But the think i love the most in WGs, and it;s WGs's strongest is: They always represent the GROUP, all of them want shine, but they want shine as a group, not just selfish and grab all attention. "Hello we are the Wonder Girls" not "I am a Wonder Girl" lol ( in fact i think, even HyunA is still in WGs nowadays, she still get a lot of anti, she will be the most famous amongs the girls and the most hated, cuz her personality, she's too shine, not just because 4minute members also a little pale compare to WGs with different charming and can shine by their own , even in her WGs days, she's the most famous, her personality is too strong and sometime people will forget what's her group, just remember her only)

In Korea, the least famous member now is definitely Lim ( because Sun Mi left, so many of her fan left too), before is Sun Mi and Ye Eun, So hee- Sun Ye- Yu Bin- Ye Eun/Sun Mi.But their fanbase were still strong, not too much different with So Hee fanbase. So Hee is the most famous, but she shine by their own ways but still, always as So Hee of WGs

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

1 June is too rush,

I just replied on twitter about this particular point.

1. The Nobody English digital single was announced 22 21 days prior to release on June 26, 2009.

2. The Chinese Special Edition album was announced 12 days prior to release on Feb 12, 2010.

So the music stuff can & do drop very abruptly, if & when JYPE makes an announcement (which they haven't yet).

Right now, I don't think a 2DT-style simultaneous worldwide release is in the works.

The Korean comeback is slated for Sept, & I think Sunye said during the Chloe event that they haven't decided whether to include Chinese song versions.

I am more preoccupied about the MV & the possible tour dates.

It is possible that the MV is already long in production, if it's to be in 3D format. I read it is possible to complete one in 2~3 months(?).

The vague collaboration wonderr23 alluded to with the Samsung blogger occurred during WG's trip to perform in Vegas. The girls had stopped by LA first & then spent a few mysterious days there again after the CES gig.

Maybe they were meeting Nick Jonas, Stevie Wonder, even Nick Cannon. Who knows, maybe they were also holed up somewhere to be digitally animated.

As for a US tour: time is running out if it is to be in, say, July.

Already, the concert industry there is previewing gigs for August/September (Far East Movement, Joe Jonas, et al.)

If WG plans a headlining tour, I also wonder if the other JYP Nation artistes will be free to support them, given their own ongoing comeback activities in Korea.

Guest xjjjLOVE

JUNE 1ST?!?!? If this is true.......HALLALUAH! I will be the happiest person alive!

I will seriously run out my house without shoes to barge into some store to ask if they have the CD (even though I know they probably won't)

and then I'd go home....and order it online

LOL

xD

Please, please, PLEEEEEASE let this be true!

And no Teennick....cool (:

Guest wonderr23

@Wonder23 Hello, is the map over S.Korea or over Asia? Anyway YAAAAAAY For the Wonder Girls!!!

Even tough they losing fan in Korea they gaining alooooot international fans! So proud to be a Wonderful<3

oh im not sure about that since the uploader didn't state any specific location. But i think it is the Asian map since Wondergirls have the largest fanbase. For sure it's not Korea cuz we all know that SNSD have the most fans there. :)

i think that June 1st release is a hoax! The poster said that there are rumors in korean news and sites about WG's album but i didn't see anything. Is that even the authentic allkpop account?! :huh:

Guest qoxie

FYI One WG-related video is apparently going viral on weibo today.

No screenshot available of the trending topics, but it is reported by a news site.

The Youku video is 5~6 months old, featuring schoolboys performing 'Nobody'.

Nothing striking about the clip, but 最喷饭 ('The most hilarious') retweeted it last night on weibo & since then it has generated some *quick calculation* over 3,000 retweets (at least) in 21 hours. (Subtracting the current 21,408 weibo tally from the 18,422 from the screenshot taken by the news site.)

N7wL6.jpg

Source: http://news.longhoo....ent_5647972.htm

Weibo source: http://weibo.com/gaoxiaoqx

The video: http://v.youku.com/v...IzOTQzNDI0.html

3. Guilin schoolboys version of 'Nobody' is rapturous!

Today, 'The most hilarious' (最喷饭) tweeted a "Guilin schooboys version of 'Nobody'" video. The clip showed the youths boogieing on down, each of them so flirtatious & very rapturous [to view]!

Korean idol group WONDERGIRLS's 'Nobody' hit is super-popular in winning over both the old & the young. The song serves as a soundtrack for many old folks' & kindergarten kids' dances. Even officious city bureaucrats have joined in the fun.

Why it charted: These accomplished boys were able to dance & out-effeminate the girls, & thus flaunted the mythical sex appeal. One of the top 10 retweets on weibo today.

Guest Ly0209

K-POP YEARLY CHART 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010!

22. Wonder Girls- Irony

23. Wonder Girls- Tell me

2. Wonder Girls- Nobody

4. Wonder Girls- So Hot

6. Wonder Girls- 2 Different Tears

(No video)

1    Bad Girl Good Girl    Bad But Good    miss A     805,177,964 (about $2.4 mil)

2    Amazon (With 2AM to go crazy)    Nagging    IU (IU)     760,005,040 (about $2.28 mil)

3    Sick enough to die (Feat. Mellow)    Blue brand Trauma Part.2 Vol.2    MC Mong     667,681,012 (about $2 mil)

4    Go Away    To Anyone    2NE1     620,931,026 (about $1.86 mil)

5    Oh!    `Run Devil Run` The 2nd Album Repackage    Girls     615,916,330 (about $1.85 mil)

6    2 Different Tears    2 Different Tears    Wonder Girl (Wonder Girls)     612,819,160 (about $1.84 mil)

7    For food, ate well    Homme by 'Hitman' Bang    Changmin & Lee Hyun (HOMME)     608,648,207 (about $1.83 mil)

8    Was then back then back then    Ames Room (EP)    Supreme & Hey, Young Jun (Brown Eyed Soul)     583,746,890(about $1.75 mil)

9    Confession    Seesaw    Hot Potato     578,141,618 (about $1.73 mil)

10    Heh (Hoot)    'Heh (Hoot)' The 3rd Mini Album    Girls     563,799,214 (about $1.69 mil)

11    Instinctively (Feat. Swings)    Superstar K2 Up To 11    Gangseungyun     560,036,959

12    Always    Heogak 1st mini album (EP)    Heogak     558,849,976

13    Can `t Nobody    To Anyone    2NE1     557,740,812

14    I can not even send death    I can not even send die [EP]    2AM     555,738,572

15    Stop Time,    Innocence (EP)    Davichi     554,736,551

16    Because of you crazy    Breaking Heart (Repackage)    Tiara (T-ara)     553,858,929

17    You do not push that button    Saint O `clock    2AM     541,142,319

18    Lupin (Lupin)    Lupin (Lupin) (EP)    Kara (KARA)     533,481,639

19    I can not (Feat. 美)    The 3rd Generation [special Album]    Forman (4Men)     522,543,480

20    Love    Bluelove (EP)    CN Blue (CNBLUE)     519,269,885

21    Good Day    Real (EP)    IU (IU)     502,385,079

22    Catch you singing    Back To The Basic    Rain (Rain)     500,914,621

23    She was    Secret Garden OST Special    Baek Ji Young     494,039,286

24    I like this guy    Elegance    DJ DOC     489,647,960

25    Run Devil Run    `Run Devil Run` The 2nd Album Repackage    Girls     482,271,625

26    NU f (NU ABO)    F `NU (NU ABO)` (The 1st Mini Album)    f (x)     479,766,376

27    Breathe    Step Up    miss A     473,491,133

28    HUH    Hit Your Heart    4minute (Heart)     446,813,856

29    Bang (Bang)!    Bang! [single]    After School (After School)     445,472,806

30    APA (Slow)    To Anyone    2NE1     438,244,989 

CREDIT: vevo@allkpop

kpopnet4@youtube       

How can people say that Wonder Girls 2DT was a fail???

Barely two weeks of promotion their song was placed on TOP 10 on every charts in the end of they year!!!

They even did better for those who even promoted longer than them!

That's what I call WONDEREFFECT! 

Guest qoxie

JYP confirmed he has returned to America, despite his fanmeet in Korea being 2 weeks away.

Comforting to know that WG remains his current priority.

N3jJM.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

Been checking out the fanpics & fancams (even TV clips) of 2PM's Zepp Tokyo concert.

Yet to come across the 'JYP Nation in Japan this summer' revelation, though.

Guest valentino_rossi46

I didnt hv a chance to chat wt Lim yesterday but I read some twitter account, somebody just asked "where's yenny" for so about 20 times, many ppl also asked where's other members during Lim live chat. Ye, each of us have own bias, but please respect when each of the WGs can chat with us, instead of ask other members, please focus on the member who is online. If u want ask about ur bias, just say " Please send my love to ... " instead ask "where is... " over and over again. They are busy soing something at that time, so they cant online fantastic and chat wt us, that's all.

Dont be rude when any of them online, she want chat wt fans, want answer questions from fans, but then she just see fans ask about others. How will she feel? She is there for us, but she dont get enough respect ><

------------

Ye eun's unnie Park Go Eun have twitter recently, follow her http://twitter.com/#!/bakgoeun88

1305480115090.jpg

She was born in 19.4.1988, her major at unniversity is entertainment. She has just learned english, so she made a lot of mistake when tweeting. However, like Ye Eun, she is such a sweetheart, and willing to learn more. So she said she's really grateful if u guys can point her english mistake, and tweet English to her, so she can improve. Hrm, Ye Eun is a queen service. Go Eun is idols family service? She almost answer every questions and her personality seems so nice. She even said she didnt pretty as Yenny :)

Kk4nV.jpg 

It will be held at Stadium Merdeka...OMG!!!!!!!!!!! when I thought they will not promote their new songs in our country (Malaysia) in these near few months.. I was wrong!! Looks like they'll come again!!! 17 Oct 2011 << at this time they're already have their Korean comeback w00t.gif  except that they'll come with other artist though dry.gif

with these kind of lineup... i think the no. of fans can cover up half the no.of netizens in Malaysia LOL ~ 

Now I just have to believe that my WG will come to my country like 2-3 times in every year phew.gif w00t.gif gonna have to save my money this time (OH NO!! I have to save my money everytime!! cuz they might coming back a few months later after this festival LOL!!)

HAPPY #2DT 1ST ANNIVERSARY tears.gif (it's already been a year) I miss them already eventhough it's only been a month since I saw them~ blush.gif

video for us from their letters in 2009 >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWYPH5Z3zus

cr : fujiwaratakumi@YT (it's me)

cr : 2PMmadam@ twitter

Guest ashenlo

Finally some SoLim!!! been waiting for this^^^

WG_Lim Hyerim Christina Woo

Had brunch with Sohee at a really nice place she suggested and now I am at church with Sun! ♥ It's time to praise & worship! :)

2 hours ago

Guest freakloverxx

^

^OMG?? Is that for real??WONDER GIRLS, BB n TVXQ on same day???wub.gif

why on monday though?sleep.gif

Guest xjjjLOVE

Omg 30 artists?!

That concert is going to be INSANE!!

I'm so jealous TT.TT I need to find a way to get myself to Malaysia....!

I guess there isn't much more news about the June 1st comeback...

but then again netizens even though they can be awfully mean there isn't much they don't detect,

just this once I want it to be true xD

Guest jcsmark

I don't think the June 1st rumor started by the akp account on Fantastics is true.

They replied to fans on Fantastic that an article about WG's new movie had already been written and will be posted on Akp...but that didn't happen yet. That akp account looks really iffy to me.

Jyp's new tweet

If u have nothing to learn from your students, u picked the wrong students. I learn so much from my artists. So thank u and I love u guys...

http://twitter.com/#!/followjyp

I feel like JYP has a lot more in store for WG and Wonderfuls. Coca Cola, Kia and WG's new movie may just be taste of it. I really hope the album will be out sometime in June and I'm looking forward to it :D

Guest wonderfulalways

I didnt hv a chance to chat wt Lim yesterday but I read some twitter account, somebody just asked "where's yenny" for so about 20 times, many ppl also asked where's other members during Lim live chat. Ye, each of us have own bias, but please respect when each of the WGs can chat with us, instead of ask other members, please focus on the member who is online. If u want ask about ur bias, just say " Please send my love to ... " instead ask "where is... " over and over again. They are busy soing something at that time, so they cant online fantastic and chat wt us, that's all.

Dont be rude when any of them online, she want chat wt fans, want answer questions from fans, but then she just see fans ask about others. How will she feel? She is there for us, but she dont get enough respect ><

I totally agree with you, i just get annoyed when ppl start asking about the other members... NOT THAT I DONT WANT TO CHAT WITH OTHER MEMBERS TOO..

but I think Lim would be sad and feel bugged if we keep on asking for the other members. AND WE WONT GET TO CHAT WITH HER AGAIN... but true, other than Yenny, shes the next queen of fan service.

If Lim is there, talk about her. When Ye Eun is there, talk and ask about her. When Sun is there, talk about her. When Sohee is there, talk about her. When Yub is there, talk about her. (when sunmi is there, talk about her[too]) hehehe

Guest lovepapupi

That akp account looks really iffy to me.

I also thought the same thing. They not acting like a professional. They post news about snsd new album on Fantastic. They post news that not related with Wonder Girls. They even said snsd album will affect the Wonder Girls comeback because both Wonder Girls and snsd are having their comeback in June. You can see in akp account in Fantastic, a lot of wonderful disappointed with akp. In the end, akp apologized to the fans and promised will just post comments about Wondergirls and not anything else. I hope they keep that promise

Guest qoxie

freakloverxx --

At least it's a Monday.

It is hard to see Music Core or Inkigayo being too happy with the Saturday/Sunday shows (unless MBC or SBS are involved with co-producing the KL concert).

Especially with such an ambitious lineup over the 3 days, which mean those who do commit must fly out of Korea for that weekend.

A huge, huge coup if the Malaysians can pull it off, though.

Guest qoxie

Props to the reporter below for at least putting WG in the right context.

I believe it was the Mr Con & Ms Hsi show. It was delayed by sound problems, & the long delay caused WG to cancel appearing for another TV station later that day.

So "being perfectionists" was the correct phrase; the girls are always willing to sing live on TV these days.

Mp1J5.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo...16/4/2rlhb.html

Lip-syncing is tantamount to fraud; Korea plans to legislate NT 260,000-dollar penalty

China Times update: 2011-05-16 03:06

China Times [Jiang Zhileng / summary]

Singers who lip-sync not only plague Mainland China; Korea wants to penalize them too! On May 13, [senator] Lee Myung Soo of the Forward Liberty Party proposed a 'Public Performance Act' amendment to forbid singers miming their vocals during public performances. Offenders may face up to 1 year's jail time & a 10 million won fine (about NT 260K dollars). It attracted the Korean media's attention.

According to the submitted bill, singers should rely on their vocal prowess & "since they are engaged in commercial activities, they are defrauding if they did not pre-announce that they are lip-syncing!"

Kpop music is dominated by visual dance choreography. Since pop idols sing & dance throughout their performances, it is inevitable that they may utilize karaoke [minus one] tapes to some degree. SNSD was exposed for lip-syncing during their Taiwan concert. WONDERGIRLS, being perfectionists, decided ad-hoc not to sing live during their Taiwanese TV recording too. SUPERJUNIOR was criticized for lack of sincerity when they mimed 'Sorry Sorry' while guesting on an awards show. But the fans are just as forceful in their retort: "Rather than flawed live vocals, why not perfect mimed vocals instead?" Looks like the proposed bill will be very difficult to pass into law.

Guest Yoyo

I also thought the same thing. They not acting like a professional. They post news about snsd new album on Fantastic. They post news that not related with Wonder Girls. They even said snsd album will affect the Wonder Girls comeback because both Wonder Girls and snsd are having their comeback in June. You can see in akp account in Fantastic, a lot of wonderful disappointed with akp. In the end, akp apologized to the fans and promised will just post comments about Wondergirls and not anything else. I hope they keep that promise

I agree with you completely. I was pissed to see that someone would even post something like that on a website that was only dedicated towards our girls and their loyal fans. The person who was behind the user mentioned that he was verified by a Fantastic representative and Allkpop representative, but I still have my doubts, or the person behind it is just very unprofessional on their level. I could confidently say that Wonder Girls comeback will not be affected in anyway by SNSD and that the only affects that might cause the Wonder Girl's album to be delayed once again would be because they need more time for preparation. I was rather upset by Allkpop's second post because they didn't bother to apologize and they only mentioned they wouldn't post anymore unrelated news.

I hate it whenever another fanbase shoots at Wonderfuls.

Sigh, this incident makes me miss the girls even more and wish they'd make a comeback sooner to shut those people up.

Archived