Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

Translator is cookiemonster@2ONEDAY.COM

- - - - - -

Searched Google Japan for the latest buzz there.

I think the JYP Nation in Japan notice was flashed onscreen at 2PM's concert?

Fan account:: http://ameblo.jp/101...0890757110.html

Quoting the relevant part:

最後スクリーンに緊急発表の文字…!!!

何々とみんなは騒ぎ…

2011年夏、JYP nation in JAPAN開催が決定しました~!!!

とのことでした。

PMはもちろん、AMもmissAも…何たって社長が出ちゃう~~~(m'□'m)びっくり!

いいな~行きたいな~…

Source: http://ameblo.jp/101...0890757110.html

EDIT: Here is the English translation after I put a request out on Twitter.

The Japanese Hottest blogger was likely speculating about the artiste list; I don't think it was flashed onscreen.

But WG has already said in their webchat that they may go to Japan in August.

@qoxie translation; at the end of 2PM concert in Zepp Tokyo, the words "the  Urgent notice" appeared on the screen...! (to be continued)

@qoxie what happened? The crowds got noizy....it said...JYP nation in Japan is  confirmed to be held this summer 2011!!!!(to be continued)

@qoxie 2PM, 2AM, missA and of cource JY Park will come to Japan! So excitede! I want to go definetly!  (end)

@qoxie I translated the part mentioned about JYP nation in Japan. She doesn't mention about WG..but WG wlll come too i think.

Credit: HITOMIMS @ twitter

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About JYP Nation in Japan, It was also mentioned in the Wonder Girls web chat on Feb 10 (the day after the 4th anniversary). Remember that in that chat the girls expressed their desire to visit many countries?

The recaps of the chat report that the girls will go to Japan (with JYP Nation) this August -- so it seems quite probable.

Here's one of the thread pages of that period

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/269316-jyps-wonder-girls-official-thread-2/page__st__29380

---

I was browsing the thread some since end January to take notes on my chronology, that I left behind during the coldest months -- and rediscovered a pre-scoop about the new TV Movie.

Back in January (on the 21st), right when the girls were in studio with Claude Kelly, bluebuttefly spotted that Nick Cannon was following the girls on Twitter and quickly profiled him.

Soompi permalinks seems to have some issues recently, so, here's the page (1458), scroll down to #29157

Nothing can escape this thread^^

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Wonderfuls, Yeeun is at the chatbox on fantastics right now and the site has not yet crashed. :D

-edit-

And she's gone to have dinner.

I don't know how to record so i couldn't, sorry! :(

It was my first time catching one of the girls online. I'm glad I caught them this time.

There were a lot of questions being asked, and people's love for WonderBang was shown haha.

Yeeun said she wanted to dye her hair, but she's not sure what colour yet.

She mentioned dark purple. And then she mentioned light brown but she said a lot of people are dying it that color recently. A lot of Wonderfuls suggested red.

She replied to fans asking the girls to visit their country, such as Italy and England. She's a Top Shop fan!

It all happened so fast!

Guest jcsmark

^

I was so happy when YeEun came on Fantastic to chat :D

YeEun is thinking of dying her hair again. Someone mentioned black, but YeEun quickly responded "No! Not Black" lol

I voted for red haha. The comments were going really fast and YeEun brought nearly 100 new members to the site, The Wonder Effect!!

Hopefully Sunye and Yubin will hop on Fantastic too. I've caught Lim several times, Sohee once, and now YeEun!

Guest qoxie

Remember the "JYP wedding photo sessions" Facebook message someone posted a few days ago?

I contacted them to inquire. It was a misunderstanding.

Turned out the bridal service -- Jennifer Yount Photography -- also called themselves J-Y-P. (lol)

So they were really saying that they have multiple client sessions this week at their workplace, which is in Los Angeles anyway & not New York.

Guest wonderr23

Wonderfuls, Yeeun is at the chatbox on fantastics right now and the site has not yet crashed. :D

-edit-

And she's gone to have dinner.

I don't know how to record so i couldn't, sorry! :(

It was my first time catching one of the girls online. I'm glad I caught them this time.

There were a lot of questions being asked, and people's love for WonderBang was shown haha.

Yeeun said she wanted to dye her hair, but she's not sure what colour yet.

She mentioned dark purple. And then she mentioned light brown but she said a lot of people are dying it that color recently. A lot of Wonderfuls suggested red.

She replied to fans asking the girls to visit their country, such as Italy and England. She's a Top Shop fan!

It all happened so fast!

OMG are you serious???? O_O At exactly what time did she went to fantastics??? now i'm so depressed :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qoxie asked me about this article. http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2011051245161

지난해 하반기부터 중국에서 활동을 개시한 원더걸스는 '노바디'로 중국 최대 인터넷사이트 큐큐닷컴에서 최고의 한국 음반으로 선정됐다.

원더걸스는 일본에서도 소니뮤직과 음반 유통 및 매니지먼트 계약을 맺고 지난해 말 뮤직비디오 DVD 4만5000장을 팔아 50억원의 매출을 올렸다.

Trans: In the second half of last year, Wondergirls started promotions in China with their song 'Nobody' and was a great success in the largest internet music site in China called qq.com .

Wondergirls' distributer in Japan Sony Music also sold their music videos and DVDs which was able to gain 5 billion won in sales.

Guest wonderr23

i think these were not shared before?

1223041338_1.jpg

1223041338_2.jpg

credit: wonderholic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sohee with a giant lipstick lol I remember posting a pic of this in the past but NOT the complete set! Isn't she adorable?

a0113243_4cf8483924ade.jpg

a0113243_4cf84862e4885.jpga0113243_4cf848695a499.jpga0113243_4cf8489979f1d.jpga0113243_4cf848a45c752.jpga0113243_4cf848d96072d.jpga0113243_4cf848de91ca5.jpga0113243_4cf848e6883b1.jpga0113243_4cf84910132ca.jpga0113243_4cf8491693101.jpga0113243_4cf8491e8d3b2.jpga0113243_4cf84937355dd.jpg

credit: wondercuty

Guest qoxie

^

Thanks for translating the Hankyung excerpt.

5 billion won = USD $4.6 million! Without promotions!

How can JYPE report so conservatively in its annual report, I wonder.

- - - - - - - - - -

I've seen Hwa Young's backstage photos (Yeeun) before on weibo, but not the Universal Studios ones.

6gQZJl.jpg

NDppQl.jpg

vsfe0l.jpg

wwEyKl.jpg

Cr: Kim Hwa Young Facebook + WG-Station

One more...

Tbcz3.jpg

Guest wonderr23

Update on the girlgroup map(as of May 11th). Wondergirls seems to be on top this month with the highest score in terms of fans.

o0747l.jpg

s5l4r8.jpg

^

if you look at my mouse pointer..you will see 22.14%. That is the number of fans they have in the map.

4g3lsg.jpg

credit: kindmap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think the rumor about Wondergirls attending MTV World Stage in Indonesia might be true! Sohee said WG will visit Indonesia soon..

2n0pyz5.jpg

Guest Ly0209

@Wonder23 Hello, is the map over S.Korea or over Asia? Anyway YAAAAAAY For the Wonder Girls!!!

Even tough they losing fan in Korea they gaining alooooot international fans! So proud to be a Wonderful<3

Lim was just on Fantastics! She said Hi to me!!

LimsaidHitome.png

She had also just woken up, she also said she would tell Sun to get on, she said she would love to go to Dubai, Indonesia, and the Philippines. She might have said more, but the chat was moving so fast!! I got dizzy! It was so exciting! :) Wonder Girls Hwaiting! ~Linda~

Guest mitchangella

hello!!!Wonder girls is getting really popular internationally. I hope it will be bigger when their US album will be release.

Can I ask a question?????How can I be a member of fantastic????thank you all

Guest qoxie

^

Create a site account here: http://wondergirlswo...astic/register/

Then browse the membership roll & click the 'Add Friend' button to network accordingly.

- - - - - - - -

Mark PD has been tweeting to & about WG on & off. He & Jane Kim just sent each other 'Wondergirls forever” / "Wondergirls forever ever Eva Eva" tweets

But he also confirmed to a WF that he won't go to the USA yet.

The show he's working on is a reality TV series called 'Mnet SuperTour'. Its 4th episode is airing tonight.

Dunno if it will segue into Superstar K (which aired late July to late Oct last year) but Korea seems to have crossover promotions for the 2 TV series right now.

K8xS9.jpg

Guest qoxie

It's some 2 hours since midnight over here.

Asian WFs are leading the way in tweeting #2DT to celebrate the 2 Different Tears anniversary.

The EP was released on May 15 last year.

Dunno if it will trend, but it has already generated over 1,500 tweets, which is the maximum (rolling) 100 pages viewable in Twitter Search: http://search.twitte...search?q=%232dt

WONDER EFFECT unleashed....

Guest valentino_rossi46

1 June is too rush, since the girls have many free time these days, they are enjoying spring, went to the park, went to cinema, went out for dinner, Yu bin went to museum today ( lol, aigoo why the girls go to many places and do a lot of normal things, dont like other idols in Korea ha ha).

It's just more than 2 weeks, if they release new songs and begin hectic promotion, they will practice and practice( not only for new songs but solo performance for the new tour) + take English class+ acting class+ guitar class then go straight to bed and sleep lol, no energy to go out. Seems like everything havent confirmed yet ><

Btw, Mark PD had a dinner wt Mimi in Korea today <3

I don't think someone shared this before, but I read this somewhere... It's like a survey, it was made in July last year, it's about girl group recognition... I guess they show pictures of members/groups to some people and asked them for their names. Well, for Wonder Girls (as a group) they had 100% (means that everyone know them ^^), and for the members only Sohee has 100% but the others have pretty good % too. Only Lim has very little % but since it was only some months after she joined and Wonder Girls aren't active in Korea so I think that's why... However I'm happy they got 100% as a group =D Also, they didn't ask for Sunmi but I would like it to know her % to see if she was one of the most popular of the group (I know Sohee is the most popular then I think Sunye but I don't know how they think in Korea...).

Also, I don't believe the "allkpop" on Fantastic, because there is no article about Wonder Girls comeback date... Even though I wish it was true, I don't think it is... In only 2weeks... O__O

& about the girl groups map, YAY go Wonder Girls!!! =D

i28167_wondergirlspopularity.jpg

Archived