Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest i.said.goodbye

WTH Lady Gaga and 2YE collab???!! I hope this is true! I managed to find the source of this tweet and it came from Olesya Nikolas. I don't know who the hell she is but what i do know is that talkshow host Ellen Degeneres is following her.

*quoted image*

WOW! GAGA AND 2YE COLLAB?

I hope this is true.. it will be AMAZING!

Wonder Girls album is starting to build momentum.. I can feel it in my bones.. it's going to be PHENOMENAL!!!!<33333

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest QUEENka9

i loved all new updated news about our girls. lady gaga collaboration, upcoming movie and others WG's activities.

AWESOME

thank for sharing guys.

it's totally DAEBAKKK

Guest wonderful ♡

^

i know it reads juteugi but the meaning is kind of an acronym of some sort! so i asked a korean friend. She said that it might be a duet by Joo and Lee Teuk! 주(Joo) and 특(teuk). Maybe Joo and Lee Teuk will have a duet?

I checked Joo's twitter and she's following Leeteuk. @JYPEOFFICIAL also tweeted something along the lines of Joo having a new duet. So I guess the duet may be true... Excited for Joo but I was hoping for some JYP Nation thing! Haha.

Guest r1988

guys Im sure Im not the only one who got excited over the whole lady gaga collaboration with sunye and yeeun but can anyone conform for us if the rumor is true?

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ I dont think the collaboration is true, just a rumour, no real source

Ye Eun twitter translation from stalkapple

"happy mother's day!=) Shin Jungsook-sshi I love you ♥kkk" / @WGyenny happy mother's day!=) 신정숙씨 사랑합니다♥ㅋㅋㅋ

"as expected yeeun is the best!!! the prettiest daughter in the world my yeeun ah♥ thank you...." said by mum. kk / "@bakgoeun88: @WGyenny 역시예은이가 최고다!!!세상에서제일예쁜내딸예은아♥고맙다....라고 엄마가 말하셨습니다.ㅋㅋ"

Bakgoeun88 is Ye Eun's sister

Cute Ye Eun didnt know what's going on in JYPnation XD

What is 주특기? and why everyone talk about it?? ㅠㅠ RT @WGyenny: 주특기가뭐야도대체 다들왜그래??ㅠㅠ

Cr. @Natcha_WFs

Guest valentino_rossi46

Can i say ... Im a little bit disappointed?

School Gyrls are even least famous than WGs in US, even they are under Nick Cannon ... :(

WGs attended School Gyrls premire in Feb, 2010 and i found in wikipedia that they even opened for the Wonder Girls and 2PM at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA, on June 11, 2010.

And those kind of this movie wont be shown in cinema ...

Btw, WGs endorsed Coca cola? Is it a new contract? Cuz i dont think they endorsed Coca cola before, and their contract wt Kia was ended

Guest akajoe

Can i say ... Im a little bit disappointed?

School Gyrls are even least famous than WGs in US, even they are under Nick Cannon ... :(

WGs attended School Gyrls premire in Feb, 2010 and i found in wikipedia that they even opened for the Wonder Girls and 2PM at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA, on June 11, 2010.

And those kind of this movie wont be shown in cinema ...

Btw, WGs endorsed Coca cola? Is it a new contract? Cuz i dont think they endorsed Coca cola before, and their contract wt Kia was ended

well..we can hope for a hit movie just like high school muscial..wait..it's disney..:/ nvm

Guest qoxie

^

Good news, nonetheless. Teen Nick is owned by MTV, & is the teenage equivalent of Nickelodeon.

School Gryls has made several TV movies for the channel (according to their wiki), so at least it's not 'School Gryls At The Apollo', if you know what I mean.

Even if some sugar daddy is willing to finance a cinematic movie, I was puzzled how WG can attract a US movie distributor, when they took 3 years to get a US music distributor.

Guest Marilori

I don't mind the movie. I don't think that it's planned to be anything big, but more for just the collaboration. The two groups have worked together previously, so I see it as them having fun together. Plus it's something else that Wonder Girls can add to their list.

I'm glad that more information is being shared in regards to the US activities. I'm expecting more these few coming weeks if their plan is to release any kind of music for June. Excited!

Thanks for the news everyone!

Guest qoxie

The boss onstage.

dH1WR.jpg

Cr: TRANVIAND @ twitter

G26q0.jpg

Cr: MSAdvertising @ twitter

KeocQ.png

Cr: followJYP @ twitter

PHC5G.jpg

Cr: MSAdvertising 's Flickr

Guest jcsmark

Thanks for all the updates :)

So many things to look forward to like WG's new Mnet tv series and the movie

Wonder Girls to work with Coca Cola? Nice.

I hope JYP's speech will be uploaded

Quote from JYP's speech

”You can buy a fan, but can't buy loyalty"

Guest r1988

@valentino_rossi46 thnx for the info , I was really hoping that the rumor was true b/c u know how big lady gaga is I mean her name alone is a publicity so too bad the rumor turned out to be not true :(

I was also hoping that JYPE will not do like SME (BOA is also starting her own movie) but what can I say .. I know some of u will kill me for saying this but the reason why Im not really that excited about the girls starting in a movie is b/c I think it will be one of these movies that will go straight to the DVD so honestly to me it will be waste of time and money but I hope will proven to be wrong

anyway I'm happy that the girls are endorsing Coca cola and Kia since believe that is their first endorsement deals in this year

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls shooting for their album cover?

Edit: oops, sorry for the confusion. It's not for WG

Lim added me as friend on Fantastic :D

She's on the site now! (edit: the site crashed....again lol)

^^It might just be a TV movie and aim for teenagers and well might just be air on Teen nick. I honestly right now can't see that it'll be anything big as being in theater. I have a feeling it just a little start to gain a little bit more fans. I like for it to released it as a TV movie than in theater mostly because I honestly don't want to see it go right to DVD and doesn't even make to theater. >.<

Anyway seem like there a lot of things plan for the girls. So they getting another Mnet show? O.o

Guest qoxie

Collected the Twitter chatter about JYP's speech, in case no video clip turns up.

Previously-posted tweets are excluded.

In no particular order:

JY Park made a strong point reg content. To make content global it needs mixcultural and regional elements. -- @RechtmanLondon

JY Park: People are now segmented by taste, not geography or color #FoM11 -- @donovandata

JY Park, Asia's Simon Cowell, says global content needs to be culturally relevant #FoM11 -- @donovandata

#FOM Global Contents is the best presentantion lead by JYP! -- @TRANVIANDO

JYPark anuncia el lanzamiento de Girls at the Apollo, un mix multicultural Asia-US #FOM -- @TRANVIANDO

#fom11 jyp' s examples currently all straight forward endorsements need shift to brand ambassadors -- @dwheld

@festival of media in montreux being distracted by the tweet deck whilst listening to the inspiring JYPark -- @dwheld

"Getting girls is what its all about." Says Ben and JYP at #fom11. Go #Axe! -- @jayman726

Brilliant presentation by JY Park & Ben Mezrich at #fom11, and great use of tweets!! -- @9yardsassoc

Ben Mezrich and JY Park on stage answering questions from audience using Tweetology at #fom11 Awesome! -- @cameronyuill

JY Park is the real deal #fom11 Asian music phenomenon -- @cameronyuill

JY Park - saw the decline of the music industry, adapted his company to focus on building artist brand franchises #fom11 -- @TemplewoodPtnrs

Jy park says the key to survival of global content is "mixed cultural content. #fom11 -- @Global_SMG

If you don't now jy park you need to get to know him. Wow. #fom11 -- @Global_SMG

#FOM11 JY Park is really a great guy ! -- @hervelj

#FOM11 How to reinvent your business from JY Park - just Fantastic -- @hervelj

JY Park talks at #fom11 about importance of global content having local cultural relevance #wondergirls -- @SMG_London

JY Park hs cracked bz model wi cross-cultural talent fr global audiences. Spot them, train them, launch them. Opprt fr Bollywood!#fom11 -- @srikantsastri

BM should write a book about JY Park and the #fom11 -- @Guine_Beto

JY Park superstar like show in ranked #1 in Asia #FOM11 -- @neoadvertising

The approach of brands to endorsements is changing, as they look to create a dialogue rather than just signing a deal says JY Park #fom11 -- @mandmglobal

JY Park: Content creators in Asia now have the resources to match the quality of what is being produced in the US -watch out! #fom11 -- @mandmglobal

If you don't now jy park you need to get to know him. Wow. #fom11 -- @mandmglobal

How do you beat music piracy? According to JY Park, focus on creating superstars instead of music files #fom11 -- @mandmglobal

First session about to get underway at #fom11 with "the Simon Cowell of Asia" aka JY Park and Ben Mezrich -- @mandmglobal

The more we know about what's happening in asia, the more we realize how ignorant we are of its true power..#fom11 -- @Kandilo

Hollywood makes more money intly than at home. Why is it a East or West debate? Separate production of content from consumption. #fom11 -- @asadchawla

JYP's take on cultural acceptance of content versus network is interesting. #fom11 -- @asadchawla

As Napster came in, we decided to focus on human beings as IP as opposed to digital files. JYP at #fom11 -- @asadchawla

You can buy a fan, but you can't buy loyalty. Has facebook redefined & devalued the term 'fan' #fom11 -- @aaronrajan

Is Kung Fu really the cultural unifier between West & East? #fom11 is Karate Kid the nx President? -- @aaronrajan

US Content fails in Korean, Top ranked US music artist 71st, top tv show ranked 46th. Last big hit was Knight Rider & Airwolf #fom11 -- @aaronrajan

"You can buy a fan, but can't buy loyalty" JP Park #FOM11 -- @SoyGabba

JYP reckons we're near the tipping point for global content #fom11 -- @MediaMarksy

JYP was very clever to spot the oncoming storm of file sharing. Sony Universal et al should have followed his lead. #fom11 -- @MediaMarksy

#fom11 gotta wonder if fans of jyp music groups ever see them as "sell outs"? -- @jackklues

#fom11 jyp increasing global success tied to high quality production values from where I sit -- @jackklues

#fom11it's all about production values 8 hours ago -- @jackklues

JYP Korea Talent Co emphasizes production values in creating successful content- local culturalization -- @jackklues

JY Parks: I think the whole world is ready for global content. #fom11 -- @hklefevre

What's your end game JYP? What does success look like for JYP Entertainment? #FOM11 -- @charliecrowe1

Excellent first session at #fom11 Ben Mezrich very entertaining, JY Park's Global Content and endorsement presentation fascinating #fom11 -- @CreamHQ

Jackie Chan is the human example of global content. - JY Park #fom11 -- @CreamHQ

Advertisers used to sign 'a face', but now they want to co-produce content with stars - JY Park #fom11 -- @CreamHQ

JY Park "Young kids don't care where the content comes from" #fom11 "The whole world is ready for global content" -- @CreamHQ

Samsung signed endorsement deal with an unseen JYP band. #fom11 Faith indeed. -- @CreamHQ

Can we book the Wonder Girls for the #fom11 Gala Dinner on Tuesday? -- @CreamHQ

Could brands "order" a pop band to become a future brand ambassador to fit a future marketing strategy? #fom11 -- @CreamHQ

JY Park - at #fom11 This should be interesting -- @CreamHQ

JY Park: Content creators in Asia now have the resources to match the quality of what is being produced in the US -watch out! #fom11 -- @martina_lacey

How do you beat music piracy? According to JY Park, focus on creating superstars instead of music files #fom11 -- @martina_lacey

JY Park: What should be the appropriate balance between local and global content to get to the point results? #FOM11 -- @yucezerey

Mixed Cultural Contents Approach is the new solution, Kung Fu Panda, The KArate Kİd, Rush Hour #FOM11 -- @yucezerey

J.Y Park is now talking about Re-Birth of Global Contents #FOM11 -- @yucezerey

Interesting Connection between Music Competitions, Charts and Endorsement #FOM11 -- @yucezerey

JY Park talks at #fom11 about importance of global content having local cultural relevance #wondergirls -- @s_easterbrook

#fom11 jyp, interesting cross cultural vision. Nice. -- @steview8

Fom11 mixed-cultural content the way forward in a global world. -- steview8

Cultural localization is key by JY Park at #fom11 -- @christianvaglio

Global and local content with JYP and Ben Mezrich #FOM11 -- @OANamericas

JY Park: Der letzte in Asien erfolgreiche Global Content stammt aus den 80ern - neue Erfolgsformate müssen auf Mixed Cultural Content setzen -- RalphPfister

JYP says eastern songs and groups dominate now the top music charts #fom11 -- @traxxhd

Guest bravo_my_life

So does anybody know when the actual album will be released? The wait is killing me. 

Wow so many news since yesterday, can't believe it~~ It's so exciting!!! Well, the Lady Gaga rumor is probably fake? But for the movie it's true ^^ and also I hope they can have another Mnet Show. For the movie I'm sooo happy! I think it'll help them to have more fans (even if it's just a little it's already good) and honestly as long as I can see the WGs I'll be happy, I just miss them too much~~ and I really love it everytime they're acting... ^^

I hope we'll have even more good news in the future =)

EDIT - Lim is on Fan*tastic now!!! But I can't reply to her it doesn't work (probably too many fans are trying to reply at the same time) TT__TT

Guest qoxie

Yeeun's sister is sentimental during the Mother's Day weekend.

SJFOJ.jpg

April 19 & springtime has come & gone. The days are hot & the nights cold & rainy, ushering in May & early summer. My sister's birthday falls in spring too... But the warm springtime feeling is gone now...

@WGyenny Yeeun is still the best! My daughter Yeeun is the world's prettiest ♥ Thank you... That's what Mum said. KK

- - - - - - -

WG ad for a beauty centre in Dalian, China (Liaoning Province). lol

BNKgZ.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest korey89

I can't believe some of you are disappointed about the movie news. This is pretty HUGE. :o A movie on Teennick?! (And yes, if it's School Gyrls and Nick Cannon it will be aired on Teennick and not straight to DVD like many of you think) This would be great for the girls, with the movie they'll be able to get their name out there, though I'm guessing this is after their album drops, right? Sure, they could have done a theater-released film but that would have had limited release and probably only in LA since that's where kpop groups usually have special films released (i.e., 2AM, DBSK, SMTOWN).

Original movies on TeenNick and DisneyChannel gain a lot of popularity. School Gyrls hadn't really promoted prior to their film, they only showed promos of them with Nick Cannon, and once their movie aired their song became quite popular and even charted on Billboard. Not to mention musical-orientated (cable) movies always get a big buzz now thanks to the likes of HSM.

Archived