Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

Wow, you created an account to pick a fight? Flattered... nope, I won't bite the bait.

As someone reminded, be Mannerful. Most forums create a subforum to manage hijackers & advertisements for other fan sites. You want WGW to do the same?

Geez, let's at least respect the webmasters with basic etiquette.

- - - - - - - - -

Backstage photos from the Malaysian concert late last year, purportedly from Kim Hwa Young's Facebook.

Cr: katyhwang @ Baidu

CLl9l.jpg

TaNC1.jpg

OH6Dh.jpg

3FpRO.jpg

C1k7n.jpg

Zv0Sk.jpg

JnkY4.jpg

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valentino_rossi46

A very touching tweet :)

JYP is the most caring CEO i have ever seen :)

followjyp JY Park

@WGyenny I love your dance u sent me yesterday. Hurry back to NY my sister and let's wrap up the biggest project of our lives!

17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Ye Eun sent JYPE her new dance choreo ?

I always think JYPE treat the girls as "his daughters" not "sisters" :P

Cuz in JYPE, when the male artists over 19, they can call him "hyung", when they under 19, they call him "PD-nim" while all of the female artist call him "PD-nim", i hv never seen anybody call him "oppa" lol

^ lol him calling her "sisters" is pretty funny and weird at the same time.

I'm surprised Yenny came up with a dance routine most of the time like in her solos the focus is on her vocals. Just goes to show how creative and involved she is with the group <3

Although she's not the best dancer I'm curious and excited to see what she came up with.

edit: sharing some gifs

EunSun

yemi.gif

Yebin

yebin.gif

yebin6.gif

yebin2.gif

yebin3.gif

2Ye

yeye12.gif

yeye.gif

yeye2.gif

yeye3.gif

yeye4.gif

yeye5.gif

EunAhn

yehee2.gif

Guest uchix_francois

well i went to fantastic and login using my fb account... from that everything is just smooth. hoping to see you guys there !!

OH6Dh.jpg aint that our boss Mandoo with her bodyguards... ooh take me take me do whatever you want with me... boss Mandoo LOL

already a critics abt the girls style in Teen Vogue by Latest Media http://goo.gl/fb/HZe1Q

Korean pop group Wonder Girls are featuring in May issue of American magazine Teen Vogue. It’s supposedly a great news, but I’m lost of words to explain the styling concept… seriously, WTF are they trying to do with the girls?

honestly i agree with her.

Guest qoxie

Teen Vogue got the thumbs down from K-WFs.

C1uVK.jpg

Source: http://www.chinanews...5/2976014.shtml

WONDERGIRLS unveils new pictorial, netizens say they are too unnatural (photo)

Chinanews 2011-04-15 14:05

Chinanews April 15 report. Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS was featured in a recent American fashion magazine. WG's official site announced the news & also uploaded the published photo. Netizens were mixed in their opinions about the girls' colorful getup.

According to Korea's 'Chosun Ilbo', netizens were at odds the moment the photo appeared. Some praised it as "attractive", but there were also many people who thought "the eye makeup & the colorful clothes made them look a little unnatural."

- - - - - - - - - -

gHD91.jpg

Source: http://ent.huanqiu.c...04/1632032.html

WONDERGIRLS's 'shocking' new American concept leaves Korean netizens discontented

Huanqiu.com 2011-04-15 13:47

Huanqiu.com report by Zhang Zhe. On April 15, Korea's 'Chosun Ilbo' reported that Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS was featured in the May issue of American fashion magazine 'Teen Vogue'. WG's official site announced the news & also uploaded the published photo. The girls' colorful clothes & stockings were stunning in various ways.

However, it also yielded different reactions from netizens who saw the photo. Some praised: "They have been absent for quite a long while, yet they remain very pretty." But many also felt "the eye makeup & the colorful clothes made them look a little unnatural" & so on. WG is about to release their new album & has been shuttling between Korea & America for studio recordings.

- - - - - - - - - - -

ZB0FI.jpg

Source: http://ent.sina.com....463282241.shtml

WONDERGIRLS unveils new concept in American fashion mag, but Korean netizens express discontent

Sina 2011-04-15 11:46

According to Korean media reports, Korean girlgroup recently appeared in an American fashion magazine when they were there to record their new album. It showed the girls in a brand new concept. But many Koreans fans are not particularly pleased with it. They say this restyled image is cruder than WG's Korean concepts, & could not recognize it was the girls at first glance. [Nanan Yu / text]

To be honest, I agree that the whole getup is not attractive and fitting for them. However, when i looked at the page as a whole it somehow became attractive to me :sweatingbullets:

And i think that the makeup would've been better suited if they styled the girls as something like Cleopatra LOL Idk why but i get that vibe when i look at Lim's face :blink:

It's not gonna be a concept for them for promotions anyway so i guess there's no harm in trying different things :lol:

Guest valentino_rossi46

Calm down guys

After the girls go to US, WF broke into many small groups, and many fans left, in fact, most of the fan groups now does not active as before, that's why Fantastic came

The girls will be back soon, WF must unite to support them

I really appreciate the effort qoxie spend in Soompi, without him, in fact we lack of many news. And i also appreciate how MYWF prepared and united to cheering the girls. Although the girls have many performance in China, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore, I think how MYWF cheered them is the best. MY 1st Wonder Concert, MTV Worldstage and KLCC Twins Tower event, MYWF are really jjang :). In other countries, WF is belong to many group, and they are not really unite, hence, the supporting is not effective somehow (I can feel this in Singapore when i attend WGs event).

We can call ourselves MYWonderful, SGWonderful, YeParkie, Sunlight, Sunmijjanger ... but all of us are under big family - Fantastic/Wonderful. Im sure Fantastic will be the one where unite all of us

It's just a misunderstanding between qoxie and MYWF, i hope after this post, nobody argue about that anymore :)

Cheers

--------------

EDIT: It seems like Rxnfall post Roswellgirl's conversation with her friend and didnt let her know, so now she want to close her twitter so her tweet wont be public

Seriously, Rxnfall, r u MYWF and want protect MYWF or u e just qoxie hater ?, stop trolling !

Guest yubin4ever

CLl9l.jpg

I am such a bad wonderfantastic because i thought the girl with Sunye was Yoobin. All i could thank was, Yoobin doesnt wear contacts lol.

@qoxie's posted articles. Looks like the WG Teen Vogue pic didn't go over too well in Korea.

But I am grateful that it has gotten people talking and sparked a little bit of renewed interest in our girls. And once they have all this attention on them and what their next move will be (casual fans, wonderfuls, "haters"), they can strike with something amazing and everyone would love them. Thats something i like to call the Wonder Effect lol

Guest wonderr23

if you guys want to quarrel then get the eff out of this thread! Don't you guys have any respect for Wonder Girls and other people? This soompi thread is suppose to be a worldwide source for Wonder Girls news, updates and etc. Too embarrassing if the international people and media saw this! If you guys have something to say then just take it outside.

i will post articles later... sorry but am really not in the mood to post anything.

Guest qoxie

Just wanna let you know that your comment had caused quite a commotion among the MYWFs and really, now is not the time to argue over all this.

I dissed LIM? lol That's what you get when you get a troll smearing me on Twitter.

Geez, I've been consistently one of her biggest supporters here since she joined WG, nipping the initial dissent in the end.

I even contributed to her fan projects elsewhere (like OverTheLimit's), back when they did not have much support.

Weibo? I created an account just for search purposes. Yet to tweet a single message.

Water off a duck's back. Moving on...

- - - - - - - - - - -

Chosun Ilbo has published a Chinese version of their Teen Vogue article, & Yahoo Taiwan subsequently aggregated it for their news directory.

Title reads as "WG changes image [but] netizens say: 'it's a little artificial"

Article text is the same as in the translated Huanqiu article earlier.

yeKHp.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../139/2pvwy.html

- - - - - - - - - -

t4jtk.jpg

Source: http://cq.people.com...20114151430.htm

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun selcas sans makeup, contrastingly detached & adorable

cq.people.com.cn update 2011-04-15 14:03:00 Editor: Xiao Xiao

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS member Yeeun (full name: Park Yeeun) recently tweeted selcas of herself. In the photos, Yeeun was not wearing makeup & had also swept her hair back. Her serene forehead was a soothing sight for the netizens. Alternating between looking detached & flashing a dimpled smile, Yeeun's adorable selcas captivated the fans' attention.

Guest adikkeluangman

WG's KLCC concert coverage in Malaysia's Epop magazine, issue #306

The text mostly talked about the media getting kicked out after WG's 2nd song (& thus no Hoobastank details or photos to share).

It also mentioned WG's onstage banter ("How are you? We are WG" etc. in Malay) & LIM saying she missed Malaysia.

*quoted image*

Cr: as tagged

This is so untrue. LOL. My friends got media pass and it is true that she got kick out after 2nd song but then she don't want to fight space with other photographer. After WG, press were allowed to come back in for Hoobastank even tho they got kick after their 2nd song. Maybe those media, don't want to wait.

Guest qoxie

JYP launched his weibo earlier today (already 15,020 followers in 14 hours -- check the links below). WG next?

His 7 tweets so far are the same as on his Twitter.

7fxLc.jpg

Source: http://ent.sina.com....353282507.shtml

Entertainment bigwig Park Jin Young joins Sina Weibo, had groomed RAIN & 2PM

Sina 2011-04-15 15:35

JY Park weibo: http://weibo.com/followjyp

JYP Entertainment weibo: http://weibo.com/jypentertainment

missA JIA weibo http://weibo.com/missajia

missA FEI weibo http://weibo.com/missafei

Sina entertainment news April 15. Sina Weibo's Hallyu family welcomes a new addition, who is a rather heavyweight figure. This person is JY Park (Park Jin Young), leader of JYPE which is one of the 3 major star-making agencies in Korea. As one of the entertainment industry giants who helms his own mothership in showbiz, his involvement is bound to cause some ripple effects. It may be just a matter of time before the other JYP Nation members also join up.

Speak of JY Park, & older Kpop fans should be "rather" informed about him. He went from dancer to singer to well-known songwriter to blue-ribbon music producer. He then set up the self-named JYP Entertainment agency in his own. His own career growth & his proteges' development have been both steady & fruitful. The younger JYP had attained brilliant personal results in music, while also possessing the acumen to groom GOD, RAIN, Park Ji Yoon & many other stars. He had talent-scouted them & then gave his all to guide their careers. Under JY Park's counsel & pizazz, RAIN successfully cracked the US music & movie industries &, subsequently working hard to consolidate his niche, became the global superstar he is today.

Similarly, the younger generation of idol fans should also be familiar with JYP's name. Thanks to 'Nobody', his pupils WONDERGIRLS is famous across Asia, if not the entire world. Fans who watch the girls will of course recognize the hilarious, self-parodying JY Park in their MV. In addition to WG, he also created boybands 2AM & 2PM who, banking on sentimental & masculine styles respectively, have become over the past 2 years the backbone of the new-generation pop idols. The JYPE mothership had found a new path after RAIN's departure.

Besides opening up the Kpop market at home, JYPE was also quite adventurous in striving to expand overseas. For the past few years, JY Park himself has attained concrete results in the US music industry. He collaborated with many major music figures. His music entered the Billboard charts, which is a breakthrough for Korean musicians in this area. At the same time, he has also make active use of his contacts to help turn his proteges into global superstars. RAIN formerly & WG presently are excellent examples. After cracking America, JY Park has turned his attention towards expanding into the vast resources & market that is China. In October 2008, JYP China was formally set up in Beijing to help groom Liu Xin, their first female Chinese singer. Late last year, it debuted a new girlgroup in missA, who has 2 Chinese members in JIA & FEI. This genuinely Sino-Korean hybrid idol group is striving to conquer both national markets. Under JYPE's guidance, missA has lived up to expectations with their debut 'Bad Girl Good Girl' & follow-up 'Breathe'. They were the year's most dazzling newcomers & won many major rookie-artiste awards as a result.

In fact, prior to JY Park joining Sina Weibo, JYP Entertainment & missA members JIA [& FEI] are already on weibo too. The platform allows them to connect & interact with a vast pool of fans, thus boosting the social bond between them. JY Park's involvement is a great affirmation of how important he values the China market. Under the JYPE leader's direction, odds are good that WG, 2AM, 2PM, missA & other popular idols may also join weibo's big Hallyu family.

Guest kay35

LOL..what..am I the only one who loves the pic? I love this style of them. Makeup, prob just for this shoot but they look spunky and fun. Im for it. *thumps up

Guest wonderr23

an article about 'Superstar K2'(sort of the Korean version of American Idol). The audition, and the hardships that they go through before they debut as singers. Wonder Girls' Sunye and 2AM's Jokwon got a mention.

소속사 결정된 ‘슈스케2’ TOP11, 제2의 선예․조권 될까?

201104151547779484_1.jpg

[OSEN=이혜진 기자] 오디션 프로그램 ‘슈퍼스타K2’에서 본선 무대에 올랐던 톱 11인이 소속사 결정을 마쳤다.

학업을 이유로 소속사 결정을 미룬 앤드류 넬슨 이외에 10명은 모두 소속사 행을 결정, 정식으로 가수 데뷔를 했거나 데뷔 초읽기에 들어갔다.

작곡가 조영수가 있는 넥스타 엔터테인먼트와 계약을 체결한 김그림은 최근 정식 앨범을 발표하고 가장 먼저 가수로 데뷔했다. 일찌감치 소속사를 결정한 장재인도 스승이었던 김형석의 키위 엔터테인먼트에서 데뷔 준비를 하고 있다.

‘슈스케2’ 우승자인 허각은 큐브엔터테인먼트의 레이블 에이큐브와 전속계약을 맺고 비스트, 포미닛, 지나 등과 한솥밥을 먹게 됐다. KBS 1TV '열린 음악회'를 시작으로 지상파 가요프로그램에도 진출한 허각은 올 상반기 발표를 목표로 데뷔 음반을 준비하고 있다.

2위를 차지했던 존박은 이적, 김동률 등이 소속된 음악 중심의 음반 기획사 뮤직팜과 3년 계약을 체결했다. 김지수는 가수 요조 등을 매니지먼트하는 파스텔뮤직의 자회사 쇼파르뮤직과 계약했다.

강승윤과 김은비는 함께 YG 엔터테인먼트의 연습생이 돼 데뷔 전 담금질에 돌입했고 박보람은 성시경, 서인국 등이 소속된 젤리피쉬엔터테인먼트행을 결정하는 등 최후 11인의 소속사 결정이 모두 마무리 됐다.

진짜 가수로 데뷔할 수 있을지 이들의 일거수일투족에 관심을 표하던 네티즌들은 이제 이들이 국내 최정상의 가수로 도약할 수 있을지에 촉각을 곤두세우고 있다.

2001년 가수 박진영이 심사위원으로 나선 SBS '영재육성 프로젝트 99%의 도전' 오디션을 통해 국내 정상급 가수로 발돋움한 원더걸스의 선예, 2AM의 조권처럼 이들이 얼마나 역량있는 가수로 성공할 수 있을지 귀추가 주목된다.

tripleJ@osen.co.kr

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1104150164

In 2001, Wonder Girls' Sunye and 2AM's Jo Kwon auditioned through SBS program 99% 'brilliance project'(Park Jinyoung is one of the judges). They showed that in order to succeed as a singer, one must go through tremendous hardships in life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha Chunwa who is a veteran singer in Korea performs a girlgroup dance medley including Wonder Girls' Nobody on the April 16th broadcast of Oh My School.

김신영, '유고걸' 패러디한 '유도걸' 무대 정체는?

기사입력 | 2011-04-15 13:38

2011041501001569600109421.jpg

개그우먼 김신영이 이효리의 '유고걸'을 패러디한 '유도걸'을 선보였다.

KBS2 '백점만점' MC인 김신영은 노래의 일부분만 듣고 제목과 가수를 맞힌 후 노래까지 불러야 하는 '한 소절 노래퀴즈'에서 이효리의 '유고걸'이 문제로 출제되자 이를 패러디한 '유도걸'을 선보였다. 유도선수 출신인 김신영은 '유고걸' 노래에 맞춰 유도 동작을 접목시킨 댄스를 추는 것은 물론, 함께 출연한 토니안과 이기광을 어깨로 메쳐 바닥에 던져 웃음을 유발했다.

한편 이날 미스에이의 민과 시크릿의 효성은 깜찍한 버전의 '유고걸' 춤을 선보였고, 게스트로 출연한 하춘화는 카라의 '미스터' 원더걸스 '노바디' 소녀시대 '지' 티아라 '보핍보핍' 등의 화려한 댄스를 선보여 모두를 환호하게 했다. 16일 오후 5시 10분 방송.

이다정 기자 anbie@sportschosun.com

Source: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201104150100156960010942&servicedate=20110415

Sadly...the amount of profit was not mentioned! But IMO correct me if am wrong i think they gained a lot by doing a lot of concerts/performance in China.

디지털 음악시장, 4000억 육박…음반의 3배로

2011-04-15 17:14

걸그룹 카라가 일본에서 발표한 세 번째 싱글앨범 '제트코스터 러브'가 최근 오리콘 주간 싱글차트 1위에 올랐다. 지난 6일 발매돼 첫주에만 12만3000장이나 팔렸다. 해외 여성그룹이 일본에서 주간 싱글차트 1위에 오른 것은 30년5개월 만이다.

카라는 지난해 8월 일본 데뷔 후 연말까지 싱글 및 정규 앨범,DVD 등을 합산해 13억엔(178억원)의 매출을 올렸다. 소녀시대와 빅뱅 등도 지난해 일본과 아시아 지역에서 활동하며 매출을 늘렸다.

K-팝 가수들의 활발한 해외 활동에 힘입어 지난해 한국 음악시장은 2009년보다 9%가량 커진 4872억원에 이르는 것으로 시장조사기관인 PWC는 추정했다. 오프라인 음반시장은 제자리걸음이지만 유 · 무선 디지털 음악시장이 성장세를 지속하며 음반시장의 3배 규모로 커졌다는 분석이다. 음반시장 규모는 1078억원이며 이 중 가요와 팝이 8 대 2 비율이다. 디지털 음악시장은 3794억원으로 유선 음악사이트가 전체의 67%,휴대폰 등 무선이 23%로 나타났다.

음악시장이 성장한 것은 메이저 음악기획사들의 해외 매출이 급증했기 때문이다. 국내 최대 음악기획사 에스엠엔터테인먼트(SM)는 지난해 864억원의 매출을 기록했다. 전년 대비 40% 증가한 수치다. 해외 수입은 2009년보다 200% 가까이 늘어난 것으로 알려졌다. 소녀시대와 슈퍼주니어 동방신기 등이 일본과 중국 등 아시아에서 맹활약한 덕분이다.

음악기획사 JYP와 YG 등도 원더걸스와 2PM,빅뱅,2NE1 등을 앞세워 해외에서 활동폭을 넓혔다. 일본에서는 음반과 공연 매출이 동시에 늘었고 중국 등에서는 공연 매출이 급증했다. 카라가 소속된 DSP 등 중견 음악사들도 해외에서 좋은 실적을 거뒀다.

스마트폰이 널리 보급된 것도 음악시장 성장에 기여했다. 음악사이트 KT뮤직 멜론 엠넷 등이 줄줄이 앱을 출시한 데 이어 김윤아,데일라이트,바비킴,소녀시대,이효리,2PM 등 아티스트들은 앨범 앱을 내놨다. 이들 앱은 노래 소개 외에도 공연일정 안내,팬들과의 채팅,사진 합성 등 다양한 즐길거리를 제공한다. 소비자들은 앱을 통해 음원을 직접 스트리밍해 듣는다.

지난해 말 방송통신위원회가 2000여명을 대상으로 한 '스마트폰 이용실태 조사'에 따르면 스마트폰 앱 중 상위 6위에 음악(노래)듣기가 랭크됐다. 또 다른 조사에서는 스마트폰을 이용한 음악감상이 과거 피처폰에 비해 53~67% 증가한 것으로 나타났다. 스마트폰 가입자 수는 연말까지 2000만명을 넘어설 것으로 예상돼 음악듣기는 더 늘어날 전망이다.

디지털 음악시장은 세계적으로도 성장세를 보이고 있다. 국제음반연맹(IFPI)의 최신 보고서에 따르면 지난해 세계 디지털 음악시장은 전년 대비 6% 성장한 46억달러(5조1000억원)로 추정된다. 이 보고서는 모바일 음악사업이 디지털 음악시장에 활기를 불어넣었으며,모바일기기에 탑재된 음악 서비스를 통해 이용자를 확대하고 음원 매출도 늘렸다고 풀이했다.

IFPI는 또 디지털 음악은 성장 가능성이 매우 크다고 내다봤다. 온라인 사이트뿐 아니라 스마트폰과 아이패드 등이 출시되면서 이용 빈도가 급증할 것이란 얘기다. 그러나 모바일 음원의 불법복제가 인터넷 도입 초기처럼 기승을 부리고 있다.

SM 관계자는 "러시아에 서버를 둔 앱을 이용해 국내 음원을 복제하는 사례가 늘고 있다"며 "모바일 음원의 불법복제를 차단할 방안을 빨리 마련해야 한다"고 말했다. CJ E&M 관계자는 "지난해 초기단계였던 스마트폰 음원 매출이 본격적으로 늘고 있다"며 "올해에는 스마트폰이 음악시장 성장의 견인차 역할을 해낼 것"이라고 내다봤다.

유재혁 기자 yoojh@hankyung.com

Source: http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2011041510041

Digital music market reached 400 billion won...3 times more than album sales!

2011-04-15

Girlgroup Kara's third single album 'jet coaster love' rose to first place in the daily singles chart. On the 6th, it was revealed that they sold more than 123,000 copies of album in the first week. They are the first female girlgroup to ever achieve this kind of success in 30 years in Japan on just the span of 5 months.

Kara since August of last year was able to raise a total of 1.3 billion yen (17.8 billion won) with their albums and DVD sales. Also SNSD and Big Bang was able to gain a lot last year in Japan and other Asian regions.

Owing to the active overseas work of Kpop artists last year, the Korean music market was able to gain 487.2 billion won which is a 9% increase according to a search conducted by PWC. The offline music market remains stable while the digital music sales continues to grow 3 times more since last year. As for the record music market it gained 107.8 billion. The digital music market covers the whole 67% which is 379.4 billion won, and the wireless phone covers a mere 23%.

SM Entertainment was able to gain 86.4 billion won in sales. Compared to last year's revenue, it increased 40%. The overseas income was known to have exceeded more than 200% due to their artists like SNSD, Super Junior, and TVXQ which were active in the Japanese and Chinese market.

Also JYP's Wonder Girls and 2pm, YG's Big Bang and 2NE1 were also active in foreign countries. They were able to gather an increase of income due to sales and concert performances. DSP, who manages KARA was able to gain a good result from the overseas market.

*parts omitted*

Guest queen;ofhearts.

Hmm Does anyone know when WGs comebackk is goingg to be?

I'm pretty sure: 

US Album release; summer

& Korean comeback; fall

can't wait~ ;D

Guest xjjjLOVE

^Aww happy birthday to Sunmi's dad! Such a sweet girl >.<

But ah gosh, I still can't make an account, no matter what it just keeps telling me I need to use lower case letters even when all of my letters ARE lower case TT.TT

Guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow or something.

&Please Wonderfuls...it doesn't matter where we are...whatever forum, whatever country the main focus SHOULD be our girls! Promote them, talk about them, etc. etc.

But let's keep different names off of Fantastic...this site was made by JYPE, which means there is a chance of the girls coming on to visit the site, we really have to show them the strongest and greatest Wonderfuls site!

Archived