Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

yummy_swg -- Thanks for the fanaccount.

Yeah, I wish Thai WFs can cue us international fans in more.

You guys have a lot of stuff online, but the rest of us remain out of the loop about WG's trips to Thailand over the years.

For example, I am still clueless about the details at WG's events (press conference, fanmeet) sandwiching the Mnet Ultimate concert last year.

Neither the Chinese nor, I believe, the Korean cyberspace ever knew, due to the language barrier.

It took a great effort to follow the conversation at WG-Station before I understood enough to give context to, for example, the spa visit fanpics. So thanks again.

- - - - - - - - -

wondergirlfan -- She is a native of Seoul (the only WG member as such).

- - - - - - - - -

icespike -- Nope, I think WG is fully commited to the US this year.

It could be make or break, since it is already Year 3. JYPE can't afford to run a financial deficit forever.

I also think WG will be willing to forgo Asia & Korea if it comes down to that.

- - - - - - - - -

On the Beijing trip next week:

Let's not begrudge JYP for milking the cash cow. This is only WG's 3rd performance in 3 months this year.

They have earned no other income so far, & won't likely earn any until the album is out.

With no Korean comeback for at least half of 2011, it is going to be very difficult for JYPE to pitch to new sponsors or negotiate extensions to existing commercial contracts as well.

I also think WG has long completed their studio recordings long ago.

It usually takes only 1~2 days to record one song, as the Claude Kelly example showed.

Fredro Odesjo held a 2nd session with WG (according to his twitter), so he might be working on more than one song (or had brought the girls back for vocal retouches).

The rest of the production process is done by the music producer, his assistant & session musicians. WG need not be present during these periods.

The wild cards are Darkchild (haven't heard him recording with WG yet, but maybe he's just contributing as a song composer) or any new producer (eg. Stevie Wonder).

Guest panda_love157

I think sunmi did come to se7en's resto with suzy and joo

Since she's a trainee again shes not allowed to be taken photos of when its going to be for "celebs who goes to se7ens resto"thing. Wah i cant wait for wgs new album!

Guest jcsmark

@wonderr23 I looked through my old files but couldn't find a video of that interview. The screen caps are dated July 5th 2008, it looks like the interview was aired on MBC Section TV that day. If not then it must have been aired between the beginning of June (when Sunye cut her hair) to July 5, 2008. Hope that helps :)

Here are some pics, I believe this was for GQ magazine

wonder3.jpg

20080731gqwondergirls.jpg

interview3.jpg

12192342961.jpg

Guest onedaymaniac

wg will work with rodney jerkins right?

so if anyone interested on how he works,

you guys should check on american idol.

i think he did a great job in giving a fresh vibe to old songs.

eg. like this week a ballad song by whitney

but he gave a pop beat to the song.

Pia Toscano "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" Whitney Houston.

so based on his works i think wg will have a pop+retro theme maybe?

Guest wonderr23

thanks jcsmark^^

------------------------------

People want MinAhn as casts for the second season of Dream High! It's funny cuz when the news first got out the public want these group of idols. With Park Eunbin as the lead of course.

2pm's Chansung

Wondergirls Sunye

Shinee's Taemin

Beast's Yoon Doojun

Mblaq Lee Jun

T-ara's Jiyeon

but some want this group. They want Taeyeon, Yuri, Chansung, Sohee, Lim Jeonghee and etc. Still Park Eunbin being the lead!

For me i think Sohee would do a great job as the main character and Sunye as the villain XD Like the one Eunjung played..kkkk

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

Your question was already answered by Qoxie in his earlier post!

-----------

I wouldn't mind seeing MinAhn in Dream High season 2. It would be fun to watch plus the girls have always wanted to act!!

Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous pics of the girls :)

------------

I don't think this has been shared yet..

Yubin’s Airport Fashion Caught The Attention of Many

yubin_airport_fashion_20110316.jpg

Female idol group, Wonder Girl’s member, Yubin has garnishes the attention of many netizens with her unique “airport fashion”. Her fashion concept could not be determined, perhaps more of a sophisticated look

Last week on the 10th, together with the rest of the members, the Wonder Girls were heading to Bangkok, Thailand for MBC’s 50th Anniversary Korean Music Wave Concert. Upon the arrival at Korea’s Incheon Airport, Yubin was seen wearing a large red scarf around her neck, together with a black leather jacket & a long pair of “Vietnam Skirt”.

Yubin’s “esoteric” chic look was brought to life by her bright red scarf which stands out the most, together with a matching red colored hair & a pair of sunglasses on. Below the long length-ed skirt was a pair of black stockings matched with a pair of sneakers. Also, her unique looking handbag dazzled many with confusing pill-looking prints on it.

Overall, her coordination was rather complex yet sophisticated looking, as compared to member Sohee’s clean looking modernized fashion styling.

{Source: tvreport.co.kr}

{Translation: wgyubin.net}

cr : wgyubin.net

Guest qoxie

JYPE's charity donation, as reported by the Hong Kong & China press.

Some of them took the stance that WonderPM took the lead (rather than on the company's initiative), which may or may not be true.

Very proud to see WG featured as the token Kpop representative in these news reports -- i.e. they are ever more accepted by the Chinese entertainment mainstream -- even though, to be fair, SM Town & YG Family made bigger financial donations (but were unfortunately not highlighted).

erqxl.jpg

Source: http://hk.news.yahoo...318/4/nbar.html

Sandra Bullock quietly donates HKD 7.8 million for disaster relief; SMAP is also raising funds through song downloads

Ming Pao 2011-03-19 Saturday 05:05

[Ming Pao news] Following pop-music queen Lady Gaga & 'Two & a Half Men' TV star Charlie Sheen, Oscar-winning 'The Blind Side' actress Sandra Bullock has also offered timely help by quietly donating USD 1 million (about HKD 7.8 million). [Legendary Jpop boyband] SMAP is making the Chinese version of 'Sekai Ni Hitotsu Dake No Hana' ('The Only Flower In The World') available for downloading to raise funds. 'The Promise' Korean actor Jang Dong Gun donated 200 million won (about HKD 1.38 million). WONDERGIRLS & their fellow JYP Entertainment brethren also came together to donate 300 million won (about HKD 2.08 million) to charity.

The American Red Cross made an initial USD 10 million contribution (about HKD 78 million) to the Japanese Red Cross Society. In a statement, they also thanked Sandra Bullock for her million-dollar donation, thus divulging her good deed. This is the single largest contribution by a Hollywood star since the earthquake rattled Japan. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which presents the Golden Globe Awards, has also allocated USD 250,000 (about HKD 1.95 million) for disaster relief.

Jang Dong Gun donates HKD 1.38 million

Like Sandra Bullock, another low-key philanthropist turned out to be Korean actor Jang Dong Gun. As a goodwill ambassador of the UN World Food Program, he had immediately donated 200 million won to the victims after learning the news. WONDERGIRLS, who are currently based in America, also made a donation together with their mentor Park Jin Young & fellow disciples 2PM & 2AM.

Johnny & Associates, long accused of being a penny-pincher, has been raising funds in various ways. [J&A artiste] SMAP & China actress Sun Li had previously shot a cosmetics CF together with a Chinese version of their signature song 'Sekai Ni Hitotsu Dake No Hana'. Yesterday, SMAP joined hands with record label Avex China & telecoms group China Mobile to make this song available for downloading as part of fundraising activities. They also included a message thanking China for their show of support since the quake: "We hope this song can help convey the preciousness of life to all."

[skipped the rest, which is about other Japanese entertainment figures: actress Norika Fujiwara, actor Hideki Saijo; GLAY's lead singer TERU; Jpop idols Ayaka Lida, Shiina Ringo, Koda Kumi, AKB48; gravure idol Sayaka Isoyama (whose hometown was devastated); celebrity bloggers Shoko Nakagawa, Yusuke Kamiji.]

Text: Gao Yuyan

- - - - - -

GLRnw.jpg

Source: http://news.yule.com...1103/87735.html

2PM, WONDERGIRLS donate 3 million won to Japan through their company JYP Entertainment

Yule.com.cn 2011-03-19 6:26:57

Yule.com.cn news. The calamity following the great earthquake in Japan is receiving wide attention. To help out in reconstruction efforts there, 2PM's & WONDERGIRLS's company JYP Entertainment has donated 300 million won.

Yesterday, a JYPE spokesperson said: "On behalf of our artistes & everyone else in the company, we are making a 300 million won contribution to the Red Cross Society for reconstruction efforts. We sincerely hope that all Japan citizens & expatriates are safe, sound & secure." JYPE also said later: "We will be steadfast in our conviction to help Japan overcome their difficulties."

Guest Misakoloves

JYP Entertainment announced today that they will be donating 300 million won though the Red Cross Society to help.

Guest WGkeon

some one better answer my question yeeun from IIsan

erm the question regarding yeeun's birthplace isnt yours if im not wrong and qoxie already answered it. she is from seoul.

Guest babyleo2710

sohee-prayforjapan.jpg?w=472&h=348

Hey Wonderfuls,

We will join Wonder Girls to show support for Japan too. We hope all Wonderfuls can use this picture as your mobile phone wallpaper. After that, take a photo of your mobile phone with this wallpaper and email us at

Email: ohmySOHEE@gmail.com

We would like to compile pictures of all Wonderfuls’ mobile phone with this display picture on 21 March So email us soon.

(USE THIS PIC)

prayforjapan.jpg?w=590&h=734

Guest jcsmark

Did anyone go see The Last Godfather? The DVD will be released on April 1, I'm looking forward to see Wonder Girl's cameo performance!

- - -

Jamie Clayton gave a shoutout to the girls. She is a model/make up artist from NY. They met after the Jeremy Scott show in February.

march18.png

Credit Jamie_Clayton@twitter

- - -

I though I'd share this too. (don't remember if somebody has mentioned it)

In the first pic here you can see a person (bottom right) taking a pic of Wonder Girls' sexy back.

20110225shanghaichloefa.jpg

Yubin has a slit on the front and back of her dress. In this photo you can clearly see the bodyguards checking her out Lol

20110225shanghaichloe5t.jpg

Guest Ly0209

Hey @K-popfan3, do you have the rest of Wonder Girls thanks to JYP nation?

I can't seems to find it anywhere! Would be nice of you upload the rest :D

Thanks!

Guest qoxie

Ilsan 一山 is a suburb of Seoul, about 16 subway stops away according to wiki.

I thought the questioner misspelled & was referring to Ulsan 蔚山, which is more famous but is located on the other (Southeastern) coast of Korea.

My bad.

- - - - - -

The celebrity 'Pray For Japan' campaign is by Naver.

Here is their photo gallery (they promise to upload more): http://photo.naver.com/galleryn/130

I think everyone got to add a personal message under their respective photo, but it is in Hangul & Japanese.

Anyone can translate what the girls said?

Sunye's.

KOuOg.gif

Sohee's.

Kho8J.gif

Yeeun's.

aORYz.gif

LIM's.

kZTwL.gif

Yoobin's.

AUdqs.gif

Guest wonderr23

^

awesome...so all of them are part of a relay for this project. To show awareness about Japan. I pray for Japan too! ^^

--------------------------------------------------

Sunye

We are all praying in unison.

We don't forget any of you in our thoughts.

Your hearts are with us.

Sohee

I pray for Japan's rapid recovery! And also i'm cheering for all the Japanese people! Don't lose hope.

Yeeun

Eventhough everything is very painful right now, please do not give up because i believe all of you can overcome this

I will always pray.

Hyerim

To hear the news about what happened to Japan was so heartwrenching.

I wish for a speedy peace and recovery.

Yubin

This thing that's been happening in our neighboring country is truly sad.

I pray this ends as soon as possible so the country can regain its stability.

Archived