Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beceshawtti3

tumblr_li012wyp9D1qbu51oo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1300386501&Signature=1SRVcfw%2BwgLXaEJtFe%2FDm4rENzM%3D

Got this image from my tumblr feed. WG revolutionized Kpop along with BIGBANG and I honestly don't get why people don't think they're influential when they are so much.

Guest talksound

^ I think pretty much everyone knows, but just try not to admit it (for those who don't really like the wonder girls).

Whether they admit it or not, it's the truth, so it doesn't matter if they hate or deny. The fact that 'Tell Me' started the whole catchy lyrics/dance wave is acknowledged by, I think, critics, (certain) nonfans, and fans alike.

Guest wonderr23

@floral93 i wanna do this with you! XD

v

v

v

1199120699_080101_04.gif

@wondergirlfan hmm... i don't know. But oh now that you've mentioned bf and dating. Just recently i found out something about Sohee's ex-bf! i was lurking at the korean threads and I saw someone posting about him?lol That guy said that Sohee was his first love and that he will not love anyone more than her. He even had a twitter account which am sorry to tell. I forgot about it. No..i want to FORGET about it.X)) I mean i think they had bfs in the past. Who doesn't? :)

@beceshawtti3 your post made me smile. It's true that 2007-2008 was the golden era of kpop! Even entertainment critics attest to that!

----------------------------------------------------

Poor guy! GD being sandwiched by mimi and Sohee

4774d9fc05560&filename=85%26%EC%9B%90%EB%8D%94%EA%B1%B8%EC%8A%A4-%ED%85%94%EB%AF%B8%2C%EA%B1%B0%EC%A7%93%EB%A7%90.by%EC%86%8C%ED%9D%AC%EB%A7%8C%EB%91%90%5B%28003012%2919-45-51%5D.JPG

4774d9fb474a1&filename=2.jpg

1198842863_%EB%B9%84%EC%BF%84%EB%B4%90.gif

1198842953_%EC%97%AC%EC%82%AC%EB%8B%98%EA%B3%BC%EC%95%84%EB%93%A4.gif

cr: as tagged

Did yeeun use to has a boyfriend before she join wonder girl

yes, she did. actually all unnies had boyfriends before their debut.

if you watch Star Show 2008 they revealed this.

Yeeun used to date three times, Sunye twice, Yubin once and maknaes none.

bf1f.jpg

Guest wondergirlfan

oh thank because i read it somewhere from this she said that she use to has a boyfriend

GQ Interview With Ye Eun

August 19, 2008 by fabolousxxgirlxx

1) Do you remember the first time you met the other 5 members?

I was the last member picked. Since I was older than them it was kind of awkward because they would use formal language around me. They were so pretty. Leader Sunye was very friendly from the moment we met because, she had a lot of experience and trained the longest. She took care of me and told me Let’s do our best! I remember Sun mi being awkward; she looked at me as if to say, “Who is that unnie?” Since Sohee is slightly introverted, in a shy voice she said “hello” but she didn’t open herself up to me easily. When I first met Yoobin unnie, the only thing I remember is thinking that she was very skinny. Yoobin also looked very pure, I heard a lot about how she trained with another entertainment company.

2) What’s the difference between WG’s Yeeun and the Yeeun from before (debut)?

From before, singing was everything to me. As a student I studied hard but it wasn’t to the point where I would risk my life for good grades.

3) You didn’t risk your life for good grades but you were still the #1 student? You�re going to get anti’s.

I know. haha. Ever since I was young I only had one dream. I really wanted to become a singer. I went to a lot of auditions and got rejected many times, but one day I got picked. It was all very sudden; I was a senior in high school. I was on the verge of quitting when I went to the audition. I went thinking that If I didn’t pass this audition I’m just going to focus on my studies and with that mindset I got picked. After that I often felt like I wasn’t good enough. My dancing isn’t that great, I’m not that good looking, and to add to that I knew nothing about the industry at that time. Since I debuted after training for just about a month, everything was hard. Now, after a year and 5 months, I think I have become more accustomed.

4) I saw your audition clip from when you were a freshman in high school. I really liked your vocals.

I like artists like Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, and Aretha Franklin. But I’m in a group now. So, instead of finding my own unique style, I am working hard as a member of WG. Group activities are fun but I have not forgotten about my own goals.

5) When do you think the end of Wonder Girls is? Do you think you can make it to (a famous old show where senior singers from the 70’s 80’s sing)?

Um, these days I think the word hae chae (break up) is meaningless. Because members do their own individual activities like acting, solo, variety show, mc and etc. while doing group activities. If I have the chance, I want to make an album that showcases my unique style. I never thought about acting or doing anything else.

6) What do you think will happen to Wonder Girls in the future?

Honestly, I don’t think I can make a prediction. I didnt know we were going to be this loved so fast from the beginning and have so many doors opened to us. Also, in a spam of 1 year, so many things have happened to us. So I’m also looking forward to our future.

7) What did your parents say when you said you wanted to become a singer?

They really didnt like it. My mom and dad are both pastors. They were really upset. My mom raised me very freely, she even allowed me to meet my boyfriend, but when I told her that I wanted to become a singer she was totally against it.

icon_cool.gif?m=1129645325g Do you have a boyfriend?

Nope. After I passed my audition I broke all ties with my boyfriend.

9) Did a guy ever make a move on pretty Yeeun?

Never. Not even once.

10) What if a decent guy were to make a move on you?

But right now is not the time to have a boyfriend. I have a long way to go so if I happen to meet a nice guy along the way I don’t it would be too late (to romance).

11) There are five girl members. For that reason, Im more curious what you girls do when you girls are not on stage.

We live together in an apartment. Sun mi’s family lives in kyung joo so she goes down there during the weekends but the other members usually rotate from staying at their home to chilling in the apt dorm.

12) I don’t think you like to have your privacy exploited. Is there a member that you can take a bath with?

I can take a bath with any of the members. Since I live with them and have seen them naked before.

(in Korean the question and answer sound more PG13 than R rated^^)

13) What do you girls talk about before you go to sleep?

We talk about the performance we had that day. Since we go to a lot of events, we talk about the problems we had or how the floor was a slippery, things like that.

14) So it’s all business related?

I dont think we have a choice. If we dont work, we talk about a fun new movie that’s out, a funny picture we found on the internet, and etc.

15) Do you girls go out and watch movies?

Sometimes. There are times when all five members go out together and other times when only three or four of us can go out.

16) What do you wear then?

We just dress casually. Since there arent a lot of people out, we just wear hats. There are people that recognize us but it has never gotten out of hand.

17) What’s the last movie you saw?

I downloaded and watched it. oh, actually can you edit that.

18) Illegal downloading? JYP is not going to like this. Last month he had a whole press conference about how bad illegal downloading is. tsk tsk

Ah, can you edit that out. The movie I went to go see was . We watched it because Bi/Rain sunbae (senior) was starring in it and our managers are close with Bi/Rain oppa. I enjoyed watching the movie.

19) The Wonder Girls only have 2 hit songs, Tell Me and So Hot. You have any other songs? Or was it all strategically planned?

Rather than saying it was strategical, we had no plans of promoting another song after Tell Me. But since Tell Me was such a hit, that’s why we promoted it longer. We also promoted Ee Babo for a little while. After that we decided that we wanted to rest for a while so thats why we stopped activities. And since we are promoting a single album this time, we only had plans to promote So Hot.

20) Out of the 2 songs (Tell me and So hot), which song do you think fits you better?

Tell me and So hot are both great songs, but I don�t think they really go well with me. Tell me is a song that fits well with cute girls like Sohee and Sun Mi. So hot fits well with Yoobin and Sunye, the sexy members of the group.

21) Then whats the song that fits you best?

A ballad song called This Time from our new album.

22) What do you call Park Jin Young?

I call him PD-nim

23) What if you were to add something after that? (like �oppa or �uncle)

I have never though about that. Um, I think JYP-best of the best. I wouldn�t say hes god-like, but he is an incredible person. Apart from work, hes like an uncle or a big brother to me.

24) Apart from being Wonder Girls�s Yeeun, are their problems/thoughts that stress you out as a normal person?

Of course. I have problems with my family, my friends, and etc.

25) What kind of problems do you have in your household?

Theres always a fight happening whenever Im not home. My sister and mom frequently fight so they call me often. However they are not big fights.

Personally, the thought that crosses my mind a lot is the music I want to do in the future, and have therefore been studying music composition. I write music in school, and have been writing music on my own now. When I presented JYP my first composition, he said I did great for it being my first time and told be to work harder. Im not sure if hes going to put my songs on the new album or not.

26) Is there an instrument you can play?

The piano. I started playing it so I have something to accompany my voice when I sing, so I cant really play it well.

27) Is there any other instrument you can play?

The violin. I can�t play it well. I also play the flute, but only a little.

28) What is the most expensive purchase you made recently?

A laptop. I bought it so I could compose music in it. The Mac Air was too thin and expensive and inefficient so I just bought a Mac book.

29) How?

With my own money.

30) Do you get paid a lot of money?

I�m not sure. My mom deals with that. But I don�t really have a reason to get money from my mom, it�s not like I have time to shop or play. It�s been a while since the last time I received money from her. I don�t even have to pay for food.

31) Then how do you eat?

My manager oppa pays for food most of the time; we either eat out or order in food.

32) Do you eat in the street from street vendors too?

No, I dont think I ever ate in the street before. If I want to eat dduk-book-ki (spicy rice cake dish) from street vendors I ask my manager to buy it and we eat inside the car.

33) Do you like yourself?

There are things I like about myself and things I don�t like about myself.

34) What do you have inside that big bag of yours?

Its very messy. Inside I have a hair band, MR CD which I use to practice singing, headphones, my iPod, and fan letters.

35) Do you have time to study for school these days?

I took an exam a few days ago. It was really hard.

36) Don�t the school officials don�t give you a break (since your a singer)?

They let me miss a few classes if my schedule clashes over with my classes, but I cant miss any of the exams. I missed an exam once and my grades plummeted. There have been times when I got a C+.

37) It must be hard to plan your classes according to your schedule.

There have been times when the members had to go on TV programs without me.

38) How did you spend your birthday?

As soon as our 2nd single album came out in May, we were very busy. I had a party with the other members at first but then my family came and threw me a surprise party.

39) What kind of clothes are you going to wear this summer?

I really dont like hot weather. I just wear t-shirt with shorts.

40) Yeeun, your very lucky. You became a member without going through a training period.

I know. A week after I became a member I started shooting photos for the album cover.

41) Its because your parents prayed for you.

No. My mom and dad probably prayed for me to not become a singer.

credit- Jang Jin Taek @ byulha daum who edited the Korean version + me (wonderkid) for translating).

Ads by Google

Guest Dechen

@floral93 i wanna do this with you! XD

v

v

v

@wondergirlfan hmm... i don't know. But oh now that you've mentioned bf and dating. Just recently i found out something about Sohee's ex-bf! i was lurking at the korean threads and I saw someone posting about him?lol That guy said that Sohee was his first love and that he will not love anyone more than her. He even had a twitter account which am sorry to tell. I forgot about it. No..i want to FORGET about it.X)) I mean i think they had bfs in the past. Who doesn't? :)

@beceshawtti3 your post made me smile. It's true that 2007-2008 was the golden era of kpop! Even entertainment critics attest to that!

sohee's ex bf you said??? can u tell me who it is??

----------------------------------------------------

Poor guy! GD being sandwiched by mimi and Sohee

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Allkpop and Einstein MCP may have deleted their posts, but the Man did not: JYP tweeted yesterday about meeting Stevie Wonder in both Korean and English (just to be sure to be understood :lol: ) -- that tweet and pic are still on.

75524c361ef865b3a3eee7333527b22a_large.png

--

And let's not forget Earth, Wind &Fire, which Einstein MCP talked about too.

I don't want to over-hype the facts, but rereading Ein's timeline he said in one tweet he met bot EWF and JY, so it's probable that Noel Lee introduced EWF to JY too.

If both SW & EWF will affect the next record of the girls, I promise solemly to forever praise & idolize Mr. Noel of Monster. :lol:

--

JYP Entertainment to donate funds for Japanese disaster relief

c9c5355e4b1d3c333aa55d6ee2535fbd_large.png

One of Korea’s largest and most popular agencies, JYP Entertainment, will soon donate funds to earthquake and tsunami victims in Japan.

The Wonder Girls, miss A, 2PM, and 2AM were all very saddened when the deadly natural disasters took place in Japan. As a result, the company has decided to help relieve those in Japan.

The agency stated, “We are discussing specifics at the moment to donate some money for those in Japan. We will consult 2PM’s Japanese label, Sony Music Japan, in order to finalize exactly where the donations will head to.”

Source + Photo: Star News

Posted on AllKpop(credit: kingpolo) / heads-up: WGFrance twitter

Guest qoxie

I think any musical collaboration, if at all, is further down the road.

Too much of a rush to make the June release dateline (assuming no further delay).

Even is JYP is hyper-keen, neither SW nor EWF have been that active with new material recently, let alone quickly help out a Kpop girlgroup from the other side of the world.

SW has released, like, 2 studio albums in the last couple decades, although there were numerous one-off collaborative singles along the way.

I checked: He also has 2 gigs lined up in mid-year (June 13 in NYC, Jul 24 in LA), except I don't think it's conducive for WG to open for him. I mean, it's Stevie Wonder. His live appearances are treated like royalty, & the concertgoers are not going to listen to anyone else.

EWF (no offense) belongs more to the oldie circuit nowadays, while also traveling the world to play at festivals & accept lifetime achievement awards.

JYP may have something up his sleeve, maybe MV cameos by celebrities as speculated earlier.

But I got the impression from his tweet (& Einstein Galang's twitpics) that things seem to be more at the exploratory stage during that meeting.

Actually, I am actually looking more to Rhee Woo Seok (Rainstone PD) as the possible wild card.

He is the creative point man for the US operations & seems to be the most confident about WG's chances. Not to mention that photo ops with SW in Las Vegas.

I think he might also have been the one who continue to network the most in America during the past year (when JYP took a backseat & focused more on music & his divorce case).

In any case, let's see how the Korean media reports this.

JYP understands how the publicity machine works whenever he shares his celebrity pics.

The reporters will definitely approach JYPE Korea for comment, so maybe we can get some insight from the issued statement.

- - - - - - -

Hmmm, Claude Kelly tweeted he's in the studio with Joe Jonas. The latter just finished a webchat over at cambio.

Gonna be interesting to know JYP's whereabouts in the next few days. Hopefully he will let on.

Guest qoxie

JYPE tweeted another intro about the girls on weibo a couple of hours ago.

lGCzB.gif

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/jypentertainment

JYPE star: In 2009, WONDERGIRLS's 'Nobody' reached #76 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles, becoming the fourth Asian artiste to hit the chart. They also joined the Jonas Brothers world tour as guest performers. In 2010, their '2 Different Tears' EP reached #21 on the Billboard [Heatseekers] Albums. They would also conduct a successful US tour, further making a productive foray into America.

Guest r1988

JYP meeting with Stevie Wonder is already attracting the media in korea

201103171543121001_1.jpg

here is the full article if anyone is interested to translate it

http://news.nate.com/view/20110317n19477

according to the article in allkpop only Joo and Suzy went together to Se7en restaurant sunmi was not mentioned so I guess after all she did not go with them

Guest wonderr23

just want to add something about Sunye's feature with WKorea. They said they will record the pictorial and promises to show a different charm of Sunye. XD It's going to be 6 pages including other artists.

See here: http://twitter.com/wkorea

-------------------------------------------

FYI other korean actresses with Sunye who will be included in the magazine under Celebs

Im Sujeong - actress

Moon Geunyeong - actress

Gang Suyeon - actress

Han Chaeyeong - actress

Wondergirls Sunye

Patti Kim - singer

Guest valentino_rossi46

according to the article in allkpop only Joo and Suzy went together to Se7en restaurant sunmi was not mentioned so I guess after all she did not go with them

I think she went with them

The photo was posted by Se7en's restaurant twitter account so i think when they came, the restaurant's staff asked for a photo but Sun Mi didnt want take it with others cuz dont want public attention

Btw, today Apple has a chance to meet Sun Mi again in JYPE, 3 days in a row :), and Sun Mi gave her candy and asked ""arent you cold? it's cold.." ha ha so sweet,

I wanna give up everything and go to Korea immediately to meet her :((

Guest wonderr23

박진영, 스티비 원더와 인증샷 또 공개 “꿈은 이루어진다”

201103171543121001_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 이민지 기자]

박진영이 세계적인 뮤지션 스티비 원더와의 사진을 또다시 공개했다.

박진영이 3월17일 오후 자신의 트위터를 통해 공개한 사진에는 건반 연주를 하는 시티비 원더와 이를 황홀한 듯한 표정으로 바라보는 박진영의 모습이 담겨 있다. 박진영은 "꿈은 이루어진다"는 글과 함께 이 사진을 게재했다.

그는 이에 앞서 16일 "음악의 신을 만나 다음 꿈 이야기를 같이 나눴다. 꿈만 같다"고 벅찬 심정이 담긴 글과 함께 스티비 원더 어깨에 손을 올리고 다정하게 찍은 사진을 공개해 화제를 모았다.

박진영은 그동안 원더걸스의 미국 진출을 비롯해 그동안 미국시장 개척에 욕심을 드러내왔기 때문에 이번 인증샷이 더욱 눈길을 끌고 있다. 특히 '꿈은 이루어진다'는 그의 글은 의미심장하게 다가온다.

네티즌들은 "스티비 원더와 사진을! 부럽다", "축하한다", "두 사람의 콜라보레이션 기대해봐도 되는 거냐" 등 반응을 보였다.

이민지 oing@newsen.com

Park Jinyoung and Stevie Wonder's proof shot "dreams do come true"

201103171543121001_1.jpg

[Newsen Lee Minji reporter]

Park Jinyoung and world class musician Stevie Wonder's photo was released.

Park Jinyoung on the 17th of March revealed thru his twitter a picture of him watching Stevie Wonder doing a keyboard perfomance. Along with his photo are captions "dreams can be accomplished".

Earlier on the 16th he posted with overwhelming feelings, "it's such a dream for me to meet the God of music. It's like a dream" he was seen putting his hand over Stevie Wonder's shoulder in the photo.

Park Jinyoung has been preparing for Wondergirls advance in the US and this photo is drawing a lot of attention because of that. Especially with his words "dreams do come true".

Netizens responded , "A photo with Stevie Wonder! I'm jealous", "Congratulations", "i'm expecting a collaboration between these two".

Lee Minji oing@newsen.com

Guest akajoe

okay~ so right now his connection so far..just to enterain wonderfuls..since I am kind of sick of waiting..I decided to dream..while I am at it..lol

CONNECTIONS~ hehe (aware~ THIS IS MY PREDICTION!!)

J Y P: MOST IMPORTANTLY..he is not going to rely on them 100% he will WORK with them!! :)

Kelly Claude > AKON & Dr.Luke(Producer) & Jessie J

Steve Wonder > dont need any connection..since it all ends up with him in the last..haha

Nick Cannon > Mariah Carey

Jonas Brothers > Disney people/tv cameo? & I think joe jonas produced couple of songs for them...or cameo

Interscope > alot of promotions in magazines, tv shows, and events!! :D

MTV network > Wonder Girls' TV show about their life (drama??) or teaching asian cultures?? maybe asian jersey shore?? puahahaha

Darkchild > (just like se7en..I think he will give someone to feature wonder girl's song...)

so overall...I feel like there will be alot of cameos in their music videos or all of featuring songs in their debut album..hopefully all songs are mad catchy and verrry unique~ like when i first heard lady gaga..the tune was very unique and catchy~ :)

Guest qoxie

^

LOL WG will be the hit of the summer if JYP can enlist all the celebs!

I just hope he can keep his promise & release multiple-language versions of the new WG album for Asia.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the girls' Japan date is still going to happen.

Other Kpop artistes are preparing to write off ongoing & upcoming activities there. Even MBC is looking at canceling the next leg of their anniversary concert in May.

Sohee's sister is based there too, right? Wonder how she's doing.

It's so laborious cross-checking the posted Thai pics in the back pages.

I think I might have left the catching up too late....

Nonetheless, here we go....

Fanpics of WG's trip to Heartland Spa on the early morning of Mar 13 (day after Bangkok concert).

There were also fancams of them having dinner at MK Gold Ekamai that evening &, if correct, SoBin grabbing brunch/lunch at their hotel (Sofitel Centara) restaurant in between.

XwlTt.jpg

FJqkf.jpg

Df5to.jpg

QmM7N.jpg

Cr: TaewVie1820 @ twitter

- - - - - - - - - -

Thai WFs at the concert.

7Wrm1.jpg

1r1p3.jpg

ZExxd.jpg

taL47.jpg

MjROH.jpg

Cr: HadezHadez + mychamp @ wondergirlsthailand + วีจี|ลีดงเฮ,มินซอนเย @ siamzone + Watcharakorn Saelim @ Facebook + Link + WG-Station

- - - - - - - - -

LIM tweeted a photo of the doll she got as a gift.

Here are those for the other members. I believe, (L to R): Sohee, LIM, Sunmi, Sunye, Yeeun, Hyuna (yay!), Yoobin.

HXsMu.jpg

Cr: ตาเยแมนจริงๆ (saroly) @ WG-Station

- - - - - - - - -

GBnXs.jpg

UvtWL.jpg

Cr: Pingbook

05thM.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest qoxie

WG arrival in Bangkok.

A bit EunAhn-focused, but there are also some decent YooLim pics.

Sunye seemed to have been too fidgety for the camera to focus on, though.

3NwnQ.jpg

3KbcQ.jpg

x8D6K.jpg

PGMky.jpg

BPwxc.jpg

LpP62.jpg

4B1jD.jpg

rl71l.jpg

eTMGU.jpg

M2k3D.jpg

VnhtI.jpg

zyElu.jpg