Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

^ I think they will. lol

Anyway, if you were referring to the concert in Bangkok, it was because 2AM wasn't there.

It was Wonder Girls, 2PM, B2ST and 4minute.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

pfft..So i was wrong about the dolls being 2YE couples. I hope Mandu will tweet hers!! :wub:

Those rehearsal pics are just AMAZING!! You can see leader Min's randomness!!LMAO Yeeun, Yubin, SOhee and Lim were wearing black but she wore BLUE! She is the odd one. xD OMG i don't know why i can't stop laughing at those pictures!! Thanks a bunch for posting them!

As for the concert passes, tickets, etc. I cannot believe they mistakenly put 4D mimi in there instead of Hyerim. I mean it's not a bad thing that Mimi was there but...the thing is Hyerim wasn't there. I wonder how she felt when she saw them. :(

^

3 of them were wearing dark sunglasses too! LOL Star power...

- - - - - - - - - - -

Korean Celebrities Working in SF Massage Parlors?

By Elena Shore and Aruna Lee, New America Media|November 22, 2010 7:02 p.m. |In Crime

An ad for a massage parlor in the Nov. 16 issue of SF Weekly features a photo of the five members of the South Korean pop group Wonder Girls, reports the Korea Times. (If you’re not familiar with the Wonder Girls, think a Korean version of the Pussycat Dolls; their 2009 single “Nobody” was the first song by a Korean group ever to enter the Billboard Hot 100.)

But don’t expect a free body scrub with a one-hour massage at the Devie Spa from any of them. They probably don’t even know they’re in the ad. Korea Times reporter Kim Pan-kyum spotted the ad and called the massage parlor to ask whether the girls really worked there. The woman who answered the phone, apparently assuming he was a customer, said some of them still work there. (Kim didn’t let on that he knew them from elsewhere.)

This wasn’t the first time a Korean celebrity has unwittingly appeared in a massage ad. Last year, an image of Korean singer Boa was used to advertise an illegal massage parlor in LA. Another actress, Ha Ji-won, appeared in an ad for a massage parlor in LA two years ago.

Photos of Korean singers and actresses have also been used on websites for phone sex hotlines in Japan, China and the United States, the Korea Times reports.

Korean singer/actress Hyori Lee popped up in an ad in the Nov. 17 edition of the San Francisco Bay Guardian under the sensual massage section. Right next to that ad, the Celandine Day Spa advertised its wares with a photo of famous Korean actress Jeon Ji-hyun. Another sensual massage ad for Ocean Heath Care on the same page, advertising “pretty Asian masseuses,” featured a photo of Taiwanese model/actress Lin Chi-ling.

The upshot: Even sensual massage parlors seem to be cashing in on what Kim calls “Korean fever” — the fast-growing popularity of Korean celebrity culture.

Source: http://www.baycitize...ing-sf-massage/

The phony ad (cr: Korea Times).

wondergirls111.png

This 2-page article below is a still-developing story. Nothing online yet -- HK online media is not prevalent as Taiwan's or China's -- but here's a summary.

Apparently, the HK concert organizers offered HKD 500,000 (USD 65,000) to the 'Fu Lu Shou' 福禄寿 trio (Wong Cho Lam, Johnson Lee, Louis Yuen) plus Leanne Li to perform as WG's guests.

The comic trio are breakout stars from the 'Fun With Liza & Gods' 荃加福禄寿 TV show, partly due to their famous crossdressing 'Under Girls' parody. Leanne Li is also part of the act (& Wong Cho Lam's girlfriend).

But there is an unfortunate clash of work schedules, & so the concert organizers are currently turning towards Taiwan artistes.

Jam Hsiao 萧敬腾 (HKD 100,000), Yoga Lin 林宥嘉 (HKD 100,000), Fahrenheit 飞轮海 (HKD 200,000), & Hey Girl 黑Girl (HKD 80,000) have been approached & are weighing the invitations.

The article title translates as 'WG mobilizes Taiwan forces for Hong Kong'.

76046163457677026436156.jpg

76622163457720359765156.jpg

Cr: FACE magazine (HK) + Wonder Girls Live in HK Facebook

Guest wonderr23

^

What's with all the Korean media buzzing about Guangzhou Asian Games and Hallyu(Wondergirls and SNSD)in Taiwan? And supposedly the invitation of WG to perform at 54th Asia Pacific FF but got cancelled..

edit

this is totally off topic but i really wish we could all take a moment and #prayforkorea. Please pray for their wellness and safety. Amen

Wondergirls Sunmi @MBC News Today Entertainment

Guest noname_soompi

I'm not sure.... Did you guys see this clip? (long clip and close up - 10 mins)

"2Different Happiness with WONDER GIRLS"

My link

credit: KTJ Entertainment@facebook

Guest i.said.goodbye

I read on twitter that HK organisers invited fahreinheit as wonder girls guest?

can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

76473163442367027967156.jpg

Cr: Wonder Girls Live in HK Facebook

HEY GIRL defectors turn towards WONDERGIRLS

Apple Daily 2010-11-23

Taiwanese lovelies & former HEY GIRL members Da Ya & APPLE were in Hong Kong a few days ago for a Christmas lighting ceremony. While in town, their company was also negotiating more work asssignments here. The other night, they & their manager were [spotted] in Tsimshatsui with the organizer of popular Kpop group WONDERGIRLS' Hong Kong concert. They were in deep discussion about a guest-performer deal. The talks were upbeat, so odds are something was being finalized.

Da Ya [wants to] learn from others

As they departed, they were asked if this was indeed so. Da Ya said: "Of course we hope for such opportunities. There is a lot to gain from collaborating with artistes from different regions like the Mainland, Hong Kong, Japan, etc. We can also get an insight about their development." She praised WONDERGIRLS' explosive popularity in Taiwan. APPLE hopes to go to different places to learn & also to meet various regional artistes. In addition, the organizers had wanted WONDERGIRLS parodists Wong Cho Lam & girlfriend Leanne Li to be guest performers. But it is understood that Hong Kong TVB [their bosses] had refused them.

Picture captions:

"Former HEY GIRL member APPLE is striving to maintain [career] momentum after leaving the group."

"Da Ya (middle) & APPLE (right) were accompanied by their manager as they arranged a performance deal with the [concert] organizer."

- - - - - - -

Game characters from China MMORPG 天黑请闭眼Online (Super Detective Online) dancing to 2DT.

http://www.tudou.com...ew/rKFUmp7zG3Y/

Screenshot:

screenhunter01nov231930.gif

- - - - - - - - - -

What's  with all the Korean media buzzing about Guangzhou Asian Games and  Hallyu(Wondergirls and SNSD)in Taiwan? And supposedly the invitation of  WG to perform at 54th Asia Pacific FF but got cancelled..

This was the other developing story. The Taiwan media have finally reported this decision in the last few hours, so I can translate now.

The ruckus had erupted when a Taiwan taekwando competitor was disqualified during the Asian Games. (The opponent was Vietnamese, the referee Filippino, but the sec-gen of the sport's world body who backed the verdict is Korean.)

The Taiwan print & TV media fueled the controversy, followed by local politicians (it is election week).

The Kpop scene there is also affected. Sometimes absurdly, like a news report 3 days ago in which an election candidate announced her boycott of the 'Nobody' dance for a Latin dance. (Inane, right? Here's the link: http://fwd4.me/p9r)

Now the Asia Pacific Film Festival is getting involved by publicly withdrawing their invitations to several Kpop groups.

WG & SNSD were specifically mentioned, although neither girlgroup said they are going or even considering the offers. Super Junior-M attended last year, if correct.

The Festival is from Dec 2 to 4, with their awards gala on the last day.

I will post my transcripts when they are completed.

^

Only one side of the story is heard so far. JYPE hasn't said anything but -- like the abortive Hualien & Guangzhou concerts & the canceled US tour gigs -- such published info usually indicate WG was indeed penciled for those dates (whether they eventually commit or not).

Anyway, here are the Taiwan media reports. Keep in mind that they are more or less taking the lead in fueling the dispute, which in turn is becoming a diplomatic crisis now that the election candidates have goaded the embittered government into getting involved.

I think the ruckus will quickly blow over -- the country tends to go through these rowdy excesses -- but probably not quick enough (Dec 4) for the Film Festival organizers.

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../142/2ho22.html

Anti-Hallyu! Asia Pacific Film Festival won't invite Kpop groups

TTV News update: 2010-11-23 14:28

Aggrieved Asiad taekwando athlete Yang Shu-chun returned home last night. The whole of Taiwan is turning against South Korea. The Asia Pacific Film Festival originally wanted to invite Kpop idol groups & popular Hallyu artistes to its awards ceremony on December 4. It has now hastily curbed such plans.

The Asia Pacific Film Festival had formally invited SNSD, WONDERGIRLS, SS501. Initially positive to the offer, the Kpop groups became apprehensive after anti-Korean sentiments broke out over the Yang Shu-chun controversy. They have confirmed they will not attend.

Festival executive committee chairman Chou Shou-hsun said: "South Korea wants to avert bad feelings. No one is completely right under the circumstances, & this stance is to [help] stop it. (Will Yang Shu-chun be invited to walk the red carpet?) I heed your suggestion & will consider it. Hopefully she can come."

Concerns about the rising anti-Korean sentiments in Taiwan have prompted the Film Festival to halt all invitations to Korean guests. But even without the celebrities, Korean filmmaking reps will still attend the event.

Averting controversy in response to the national anti-Korean sentiments can continue to sustain the entertainment industry.

- - - - - - - - -

screenhunter03nov232317.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo...3/11/2hntr.html

Asia Pacific Film Festival avoids the spotlight, won't invite Korean celebrities

FTV News update: 2010-11-23 20:01

The Yang Shu-chun controversy has even affected the Asia Pacific Film Festival in December. Its executive committee originally wanted to invite SNSD & other popular Korean artistes to perform in Taiwan, but has now curbed such plans.

Executive committee chairman Chou Shou-hsun said that the current conditions are not favorable & has thus halted the invitations. He will propose to the committee about inviting Yang Shu-chun.

Last year's Film Festival saw a Super Junior subgroup performance that added a 'Hallyu' blast to the awards ceremony.

For this year's Film Festival, the executive committee had wanted to raise the stakes by targeting popular idol groups like SNSD, WONDERGIRLS, etc. But the Yang Shu-chun controversy has now halted such invitations.

Apprehensive about fallout from the Taiwanese masses, the Film Festival confirmed they won't invite the Kpop idol groups. Yang Shu-chun received a grand homecoming at the airport, & may now make an appearance at the Film Festival.

Even though sporting disputes should not affect the Film Festival, not inviting the Kpop idol groups may trigger its own can of worms. The organizers must stay pragmatic & bend with the wind.

- - - - - - - - - -

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo...23/4/2hmx4.html

Taiwan turns anti-Hallyu; Asia Pacific Film Festival won't invite SNSD anymore

China Times update: 2010-23 03:10

Zhu Meifang, Taipei report

Aggrieved Asiad taekwando athlete Yang Shu-chun returned home on November 22. The whole of Taiwan is turning against South Korea. The Asia Pacific Film Festival originally wanted to invite Kpop idol groups & popular Hallyu artistes to its 54th Festival Awards ceremony on December 4. It has now hastily curbed such plans. The Festival executive committee acknowledged yesterday that it was inadvisable to invite them to Taiwan at this stage.

Korean idol groups were formerly well-associated

The Film Festival was previously well associated with Korean idol groups who would come to Taiwan to perform. But the Yang Shu-chun controversy has caused soaring anti-Korean clamor. The current talks with SNSD, WONDERGIRLS, SS501 have stopped; it is now confirmed they won't be invited.

Korean filmmakers will still attend

The Festival executive committee said that there are real misgivings about Taiwan's anti-Korean sentiments, & thus it was inadvisable to invite the Kpop idol groups. But the committee also emphasized that about 10 invited Korean filmmaking reps will still attend. The latter are also Festival members, & the committee has not received any news that they are withdrawing.

[skipped the rest, which is about the entertainment content of the awards show.]

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here is a Financial Times blog entry that mentioned WonderGeneration:

Several Korean pop groups, including the Wonder Girls and Girls’ Generation, who were originally courted by Taiwanese organisers to appear in Taipei next week for the Asian Film Festival, have now been asked not to come.

Source: http://blogs.ft.com/...orea-vs-taiwan/

Here is a AFP report in English for context: http://www.google.co...a05530f00eb.571

Guest sushii-viet

Does anyone know where I can watch Happy Together with Wonder Girls?

You can watch it on Pikeyenny. I think Wondersubber have sub it

Guest wonderr23

The ruckus had erupted when a Taiwan taekwando competitor was disqualified during the Asian Games. (The opponent was Vietnamese, the referee Filippino, but the sec-gen of the sport's world body who backed the verdict is Korean.)

The Taiwan print & TV media fueled the controversy, followed by local politicians (it is election week).

The Kpop scene there is also affected. Sometimes absurdly, like a news report 3 days ago in which an election candidate announced her boycott of the 'Nobody' dance for a Latin dance. (Inane, right? Here's the link: http://fwd4.me/p9r)

This is...uhmm..i'm really speechless!lol

anyways...MAMA is fast approaching...where were you guys gonna stream or watch it?

You can watch the live stream on Allkpop. ;)

@xsimply juicy actually i subbed HT and uploaded it to YT but sadly my account was deleted due to copyright reasons so...but sushii-viet is right. You can ask pikeyenny for the subbed video. ;)

Guest *bluebutterfly*

I didn't know there was a Wonder Girls HK channel. Not sure if it's fanmade or official though. But there are lots of HK stars inviting you to attend the concert. This is just one of the promo videos.

^

^

Well, I see the Korea media is getting very alarmist & giving blanket coverage (at least while searching WG news), albeit all quoting the China Times report.

The 2 countries are also economic rivals & I think the Mandopop industry is also envious about how Kpop is encroaching on their turf.

On the other hand, Kpop has generated a lot of Taiwanese cottage industries like karaoke bars, cable TV shows, music websites etc. There is a lot at stake to not let things go overboard.

So it's best to lay low & ride it out. The saber-rattling is pretty much one-sided right now. Korea has more serious things to worry about, like the real-life artillery duel with the North.

Here is something translated (summarized?) by a Sone site:

Why are SNSD not invited to the 54th Asia Pacific Film Festival?

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010

Unfortunately, whatever happened in a Taekwando bout in Asian Games did not stay within Guangzhou. Ever since a Taiwanese exponent was disqualified for trying to wear extra scoring sensors in her socks, the anti-Korean wave seems to be carried over to other areas as well.

On November 22nd, Taiwan’s newspaper China Times reported, “The spread of the anti-Korean feeling stems from the Taekwando issue in the Asian Games. Originally, there were plans to invite Korean singers, including SNSD and Wonder Girls to perform at the 54th Asia Pacific Film Festival which will be held at National Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall, December 2nd to 4th. However, the idea was later dropped due to the anti-Korean sentiments. Also, there have been boycotts of albums produced by Korean singers as well”.

Credit: sportsseoul.com/nz.news.yahoo.com

Source: http://fanwonder.com...c-film-festival

- - - - - - - - -

Something cheerier....

Dong-A Otsuka's O-Latte 오라떼 drink is running some sort of promotional contest, with free JYP Nation concert tickets as prizes. Anyone can decipher the campaign's title?

Korean ad:

20101123113544722.jpg

Homepage screenshots:

screenhunter05nov240336.gif

screenhunter07nov240337.gif

screenhunter08nov240339.gif

Source: http://www.donga-otsuka.co.kr

2DT is up for Best MV at 2010 Bugs Music Awards. Congrats!

The other nominees are 2NE1, Secret, SNSD, SHINee & SS501.

If correct, the awards are purely poll-based online, so SM artistes usually sweep the votes *shrug*

This article lists out the nominations in the 12 categories, albeit in Hangul.

Voting period is from Nov 24 to Dec 13. (No idea how or where.)

더욱 강력해진 ‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’ 11월24일 오픈

2010년 11월 23일 10:23

(서울=뉴스와이어) 2010년 11월 23일 -- 네오위즈인터넷(KOSDAQ 104200. 대표 한석우)이 운영하는 음악포털 벅스는 오는 11월 24일부터 올해를 빛낸 최고의 음악과 아티스트를 선정하는 ‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’를 개최한다고 밝혔다.

‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’는 지난 해 11월부터 1년 간 발표된 노래 중 벅스 차트에 오른 곡을 대상으로 후보를 선정하고 네티즌 투표를 통해 부문별 1등을 선발하게 된다.

작년보다 4개 부문이 늘어나 총 12개 부문에서 진행되는 ‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’는 올해의 노래, 팝송, 드라마OST, 트로트, 인디음악, 뮤직비디오 부문에서는 장르별 최고의 노래와 뮤직 비디오를 선발하고, 올해의 신인, 듀엣 부문은 2010년 한 해 동안 가장 뛰어난 역랑을 보인 아티스트를 뽑게 된다.

한편, 아티스트의 다양해진 활동을 반영한 ‘올해의 예능인’ 부문도 신설하는 한편, 인기 절정의 아이돌과 화려하게 컴백한 성인돌 부문도 새롭게 만들어 팬들의 관심을 불러모으고 있다.

또한 올해 들어 부쩍 높아진 페스티벌의 열기를 반영하여 올해의 페스티벌 부문도 신설하여 공연 관람객들의 참여 또한 기다리고 있다.

가장 이목이 집중 되는 올해의 노래 부문에서는 2AM ‘죽어도 못 보내‘, 2PM ‘Heartbeat’, 소녀시대 ‘oh‘, ’시크릿 ‘Madonna’, 카라 ‘루팡' 등 올 한해 최고의 인기를 얻었던 노래 들이 1위를 놓고 치열할 경쟁을 준비하고 있으며, 올해의 팝 부문에서는 50 Cent ‘Baby My Me’, B.O.B ‘Nothin’ On you’ 등이 1위를 다툴 예정이다.

드라마OST 부문에서는 ‘아이리스’와 ‘대물’, ‘제빵와 김탁구’ 등의 인기 드라마 OST들이 시청률 경쟁 못지 않게 경합을 벌이는 한편, 트로트 부문에서는 금비, 슈퍼주니어, 홍진영 등 트로트 신인을 비롯한 장윤정, 박현빈 등 젊은 트로트 주자들의 선전이 기대되고 있다.

뮤직비디오 부문은 2NE1, 원더걸스, 티아라, 시크릿, 소녀시대 등 여성 아이돌과 샤이니, SS501 등 남성 아이돌 그룹의 대결이 눈에 띈다.

인디 부문에는 10센치, 루시드 폴, 옥상달빛, 데이 브레이크 등이 후보로 올라와 있으며, 올해의 듀엣 부문은 ‘가인과 조권’, ‘아이유와 슬옹’이 2파전이 벌어질 것으로 예상되고 있다.

올해의 신인부문에서는 서인국, 길학미, 지나 등 솔로 신인 가수와, 씨스타, 인피니트, 제국의 아이들 등 신인 그룹이 신인상을 두고 각축을 벌일 예정이다.

‘집행유애’, ‘쿨하지 못해 미안해’ 등 연달아 히트를 기록한 UV(유세윤, 뮤지)도 벅스에서 많은 사랑을 받으며 당당히 올해의 신인 부문 후보로 올라와 있다.

예능인 부문에서는 길(무한도전), 유세윤(UV), 이승기(1박2일), 믹키유천(성균관스캔들) 등 멀티로 뛰는 예능인들이 후보로 선정되었다.

올해의 아이돌 부문은 신인 아이돌 가수들이 대거 합류하면서 총 24명의 후보들이 올라와 가장 치열한 경쟁을 보일 것으로 예상되고 있다.

성인돌 부문에서는 형님그룹인 DJ DOC와 성시경, 싸이, 손담비, 브라운 아이드 걸스 등이 아이돌 못지 않은 치열한 경쟁을 벌일 것으로 기대하고 있다.

올해의 페스티벌 부문은 지산밸리 록 페스티벌과 펜타포트 록 페스티벌을 비롯하여, 자라섬 국제 재즈 페스티벌, 그랜드 민트 페스티벌 등 다양한 주제의 음악 축제들이 1위 자리를 노리고 있다.

벅스 관계자는 “다른 어워드와 달리 일반 회원도 투표 참여가 가능하며 수상한 아티스트에게는 트로피와 스페셜한 선물도 전달할 예정“이라고 밝혔다.

한편, 올해는 수상곡 및 아티스트에 대한 벅스만의 특별한 혜택이 있어 눈길을 끈다.

각 부문별 1위를 차지한 노래와 아티스트에게는 벅스에서 ‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’ 인증 아이콘을 부착하여 어워드 수상을 1년간 축하할 예정이며, 아티스트에게는 별도로 해당 아티스트의 이름을 딴 벅스 도메인을 헌정할 계획이다.

2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드는 벅스 회원이면 누구나 참여 가능하고, 1일 1회 투표에 참여할 수 있다.

어워드가 진행되는 동안에는 투표 결과를 실시간으로 확인할 수 있으며, 참여 회원에게는 아이패드, 보스 이어폰 등의 경품도 제공한다.

‘2010 벅스 뮤직 어워드’는 11월24일부터 12월 13일 까지 진행되며, 12월 15일 최종 결과를 발표할 예정이다.

출처: 네오위즈벅스

Source: http://www.newswire....=511495&lmv=A00

129049718425.jpg

Guest chikusho1

That news about the anti-hallyu wave thing is excessive. doing this due to a match in the asian games and politicizing it. i dunno what you guys think but these Taiwanese sure blow up small issues.

kpop can always come promote at my ancestral homeland (mainland china)

Archived