Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

^catholicism is just a branch of christianity.

but sohee's the only one who's a buddist?

hmm..i didn't know that. but it makes sense since i've seen pictures of all the girls at church except for sohee.

man, i want new wg music fast :(. but i'll have to wait till next year TT_TT.

so it's a U.S. album and not a korean?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

Sun Ye said on twitter it will be on mandarin and korean too ^^

I mean Protestant , i often call Protestant is Christian while Catholic is Catholic ( because Protestant worship only Jesus so i often call them like that) sorry if make u confused

All of the members are Protestant except So Hee, but when Sun Ye and others prays before each performance, So Hee also with them, but I think she doesnt change her religion view, she just want unite with others members, cuz she has never said Thanks God or showed her love to God :)

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

^

it's also Korean album ..... they will release it in 3 languages ( i think )

---

thanks for sharing all the pics and the news wonderfuls

*EXAMS T.T

Another French site has reported about the Wonder Girls visit.

It's the site of the newspaper "La Provence" (which is the name of the region of France including Marseille, not far from Cannes)

Source: WonderGirls France twitter

Article: http://www.laprovence.com/actu/region-en-direct/un-marseillais-a-la-rencontre-du-groupe-coreen-wonder-girls

Un Marseillais à la rencontre du groupe coréen "Wonder girls"

Publié le dimanche 10 octobre 2010 à 13H31

Rominh et le groupe Wonder girls.

Photo DR

Ce nom ne vous dit peut être rien, mais en Asie ce sont des stars. Wonder girls est un groupe de musique constitué de cinq jeunes coréennes qui, depuis 2007, est habitué aux sommets des hits parades. L'an dernier, ces jeunes filles ont conquis le public américain et, cette semaine, elles ont fait une apparition à l'occasion du salon Mipcom (Marché international des contenus audiovisuels) à Cannes. A cette occasion, un jeune Marseillais de 27 ans, Rominh, fondateur du site kpop.fr et fan de la première heure, a pu les approcher et même les interviewer.

And here's my translation

A Marseillais gets to encounter the Korean group "Wonder girls"

Published sunday October 10, 2010 at 1:31pm

Rominh and the Wonder girls.

Photo DR

This name could not be ringing a bell*, but in Asia they are stars. Wonder girls is a musical group composed by five young Koreans who, since 2007, are accustomed to the tops of the hit parades. Last year these young girls have conquered the american public and, this week, they made an appearance on the occasion of the Mipcom fair (International market of the audio-visual contents). In this occasion, a young, 27 year olds, from Marseille, Rominh, founder of the kpop.fr site and fan since the beginning, could meet them and even interview them.

The article includes the Kpop.fr Youtube interview and one of the pics published in Kpop.fr's article.

--

* literally, " Maybe this name does not tell you much"

---

Added

WonderGirls France Youtube update, this shows the Mipcom stands, MNet & Kocca sporting Wonder Girls material.

[MIPCOM 2010] Korean TV Stands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTstAUMZec

Guest chikusho1

^

^

actually only 29% of koreans are Christians with 23% Buddhists while 46% are atheists.

out of the christians...18% are Protestants while 11% are catholics

FWIW The rumor about WG performing at a Shaolin martial arts festival is gaining authenticity.

JYP China has yet to confirm it, neither was there much buzz in Chinese forums, but the China press has begun reporting the news in the last few hours.

The event is in Zhengzhou city (Henan Province) on Oct 22, or one day after the purported Korean Grand Prix Eve concert.

Maybe JYPE is bypassing one for the other. Overall, though, it seems too much of a rush to fly back from the NYC Pivot Conference (Oct 18).

Dunno what to make of it ... *scratch head*

screenhunter01oct110656.gif

Source: http://news.163.com/...PT00014AED.html

WONDERGIRLS to add to the fun at 'Wushu Festival' opening ceremony

2010-10-11 03:02:00 Source: Henan Business Daily (Zhengzhou)

Business Daily News (reporter Li Yajing, Zheng Xiaoqian) This year's Shaolin Wushu Festival theme song 'Between Heaven & Earth' will be performed by well-known pop singer & top actress Tan Jin.

The 8th China Zhengzhou International Shaolin Wushu Festival has entered the countdown stage. On October 9, reporters visited the Shaolin Tagou Wushu School training ground & got to observe tens of thousands of wushu students in rehearsals.

Although it was just rehearsal, the qinggong (art of lightness), the human pyramids, the Southern fists & Northern kicks...each & every one a splendid sight.

According to reports, the various rehearsal items will conclude on Oct 12~13. The entire [performer] body will then assemble at the actual venue for overall coordination, with the final dress rehearsal set for Oct 21 evening.

Opening Ceremony Executive Director Cai Weiman revealed that the theme song 'Between Heaven & Earth' will be performed by well-known pop singer & top actress Tan Jin. "Popular Korean group WONDERGIRLS & numerous stars from both home & abroad will attend the opening ceremony," Cai Weiman said.

- - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02oct110725.png

Source: http://zzwb.zynews.c...tent_229464.htm

Reporters visit Shaolin Wushu Festival rehearsals; 6 program items to satisfy your gongfu craving

Zhengzhou Evening News 2010-10-11 Monday.

[skipped to yellow-highlighted portion.]

Korean group WONDERGIRLS to perform 'Nobody'

Cai Weiman said the opening ceremony is to begin at 8pm on Oct 22; it will last for 2.5 hours. Currently, the various preparations are 90 percent done. The 3D video, music & costumes which were to be finished in Beijing are also near completion.

Besides Wakin Chau, Wang Feng & Stefanie Sun, which other stars are also lending support to the Wushu Festival? Cai Weiman said that the opening ceremony has specially composed a theme song called "Between Heaven & Earth" which will be sung by Tan Jin. In addition, Korean group WONDERGIRLS shall also perform 'Nobody' live.

According to reports, for this Wushu Festival opening ceremony & welcome activities, the Tagou Wushu School has a total of 13,000 students participating as performers. For the Opening Ceremony on Oct 22 evening, 1,846 students from the Tagou Wushu School will stage 6 program highlights, & also perform dragon & lion dances in a large-scale opening ceremony for the first time.

[skipped the rest.]

Guest uchix_francois

:blink:

Wondergirls in a wushu festival ???

okay, Sun Ye had shown her agility and Ye Eun her strength once in a variety show... is that related enough ??? :lol:

but like the girls said, they were happy to perform in new places and meeting new people... after a gay club, now a wushu festival... ok, go get 'em girls, conquer them all... :lol:

poprockexplosion, yes they were at Concept Korea, it's one of the first shows of NY fashion week they attended. The USA today writer did not report the correct name. "Asian pop group The Wonders"? ouch.

--

topped a page, but got to leave now. Sorry, I can't upload pics at the moment.

There's another WG article, which I will translate tonight. (Running out of time.)

newskennylamcom14539666.png

Source: http://20050423.com/...art_id=14539666

WONDERGIRLS Sunye accompanied her grandmother on Japan jaunt

2010-10-11 Apple Daily

Korean quintet WONDERGIRLS (WG) had previously flown to France for an event. Afterward, they grabbed the opportunity for some R & R's. But team leader Sunye (left) did not join the group's escapade to Paris. Instead, she returned home to fetch her grandmother (right) for a Japan trip. Yesterday, Sunye published a photo of the happy duo. The grandmother was even sipping a chain-store coffee drink. Sunye said: "She [grandmother] is the person whom I love the most." Netizens loudly praised Sunye for her filial piety, pointing out she must have rued foregoing the chance at a European tour. WG's other 4 members also shared funny photos of them clowning around in French scenic spots.

Guest evilgary

yea i admire sunye piety towards her grandmother too

it can be seen when she forgo to have fun with the members to spend some time with her grandmother who has been with her since young

WG is linked to a second Hefei concert, this time on Jan 2 next year.

The news have spread throughout the Chinese cyberspace for half a day now.

Surveying the list: WG, Chae Yeon, TVXQ's U-Know & Han Geng (honorary) will represent Kpop; Ayumi & U-Know (honorary) for Jpop; Han Geng, Chris Lee, BOBO & Huang Xiaoming for Cpop; the rest are all Mandopop (Taiwan).

Among the listed MCs, WG has worked with Dee Hsu/Kevin Tsai ('Ms Con & Mr Hsi') & Xie Na ('Happy Camp') before.

The show's English title is unofficial; I just borrowed from the banner.

I think this is the type of year-end China shows WG was hinting at, rather than showcases or proper concerts (but who knows).

32111684.gif

Link: http://hf.piaowutong...icket_11801.htm

Guest i.said.goodbye

Actor Ji Chang Wook Likes Wonder Girls’ Yubin

Korean actor Ji Chang Wook mentioned that he’s fond of Wonder Girls’ member Yubin, on Narsha’s Raise the Volume radio program earlier today.

When being asked about the girl that he likes, Chang Wook responded with Yubin of the Wonder Girls.

Chang Wook’s works includes being the lead on Younha’s “Today I Broke Up With You” music video, as well as KBS drama “Smile, Dong Hae”

Big thanks to ktreason for sharing!

credit wgyubin.net + me91 @yoobinthread

I am wiped out after translating these (esp. emotionally with the JYP article.)

Not proof-reading like usual, so apologies for any typos.

fireshotcapture215.png

Source: http://www.worldjour...8D?instance=ent

No 'Park Jin Young', no 'WONDERGIRLS'

Taken from CHEERS magazine issue 121

Oct 11, 2010 06:01 AM

This year's hottest song is none other than Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS's 'Nobody.' Popular not only in Asian markets, it even became a graduation-ceremony dance for young students. Taipei's CHEERS magazine reported that at the start of the year, the US 'Nobody' version emerged champions in Billboard single sales volume. It was the first time that a Korean singer had cracked the American charts in 30 years.

RAIN, 2PM... the Kpop superstars' guiding hand

From predecessor & pop king RAIN, to WONDERGIRLS, & then to 2PM, missA...  each & every brand name a feast for the eyes, all of them launching a popular craze in Asia. Do you know the common driving force behind these superstars? Unusually young yet already anointed with godfather status, he is 38-year-old Park Jin Young.

When everyone is asking: where is the future of this generation? In Park Jin Young, you can see how young Koreans think about this issue.

Who is Park Jin Young? Years ago, he towered over Kpop with his passionate dancing & performing skills. From singer-dancer to songwriter, & then from songwriter to chief strategist, he ultimately morphed into the 'JYP group' leader. He singlehandedly created JYP Entertainment, which has since become one of the biggest 'star-making factories' in Korea.

Once upon a time... stepping out of a nightclub into a new day

He had been passionate about music & dance since childhood. The then-college sophomore was dancing in a nightclub when his manager discovered him & roped him into showbiz. He recalled: "Korea was [then] a very oppressive society for young people. When I became an entertainer, I felt the whole society & overall environment were very chafing & conflicting. I felt I alone cannot change the world as an artiste. So I decided to continue on to graduate school, studying political science."

With a master's degree from Yonsei University, he emerged with a different mentality compared to other artistes. Since his 1994 debut, Park Jin Young had been unrestained in enjoying the perks of fame. In 1997, he decided to set up his own management company. "I found the industry's work culture, artiste management, music production, etc. to be not as I had envisaged. There should be a more innovative approach." Park Jin Young wanted to make a breakthrough & decided to be an entrepreneur.

He spent about RMB54,262 to register a small-scale management company. This was the forerunner of JYP. Starting out with only him as an artiste, JYP has since become a multinational entertainment group dealing in music planning, artiste training, media production & telecommunications. In 2007 & 2008, it set up branch offices in America & China. According to 2008 Korean online disclosures by Fortune.com, Park Jin Young held stocks & shares worth about 30.465 million. He made more profits than sideline investor Bae Yong Joon, emerging as the top-valued Korean artiste.

JYP... demands world-class standards

At its inception, JYP was committed to Kpop advancement & global expansion. Integrating into the Kpop preponderance at home & abroad, it made forays into the international markets.

Park Jin Young considers himself very lucky. More widely-read than others, he deeply understood the immediacy of international music. "As long as our quality is good, China, Hong Kong & Taiwan are our markets. We train our artistes to reach international standards. Only those who can compete with other countries, are the ones we dare to debut."

Music producers usually wait for their songs to be popular before thinking of venturing overseas. Yet, from the start, JYP raised the music-production bar to international levels. Let's take 'Nobody' which, at its conception, integrated English & Korean lyrics in order to resonate with music fans from various regions. He is also proactive in grooming the various talents under him. Those who can sing, can dance, can speak Chinese, can speak English... Park Jin Young never prepackaged artistes to 'meet' market specifications. Rather, his task is to figure out the artiste's or group's image, characteristics, & which countries are suitable for their development.

Adhering to world standards, he fully trains his artistes to the highest stipulations. RAIN was practicing 16 hours a day before he debuted. missA could have debuted 2 years ago, yet were made to wait 6 years. RAIN trained for 4 years; WONDERGIRLS trained for 6. In terms of investing in their artistes, JYP generally spent 3 times more than the other companies.

American dreams... & a conviction about entertainment without borders

On Kpop music, Park Jin Young reflected profoundly: "Kpop is too focused on dance music & black music. Also, we are wholeheartedly exporting our entertainment industry without absorbing nutrients from other countries. This may become a concern in the future." Consequently, while others follow JYP's footsteps & become complacent with the spoils of the Asian markets, JYP's tentacles have already extended to America.

As global pop music goes, America remains Park Jin Young's next dream launching pad. WONDERGIRLS had gained much fame across Asia with 'Nobody', & he could have taken advantage [by letting them] tour the continent & reaping the rewards. But JYP was willing to let WONDERGIRLS seed down in America for half a year. While rivals sneered at WONDERGIRLS's US stint causing them to lose their domestic throne to SNSD, Park Jin Young said making money is not the only goal. His dream is bigger than anyone else's.

Asked about identifying potential stars, like what RAIN's 'treasures' (a fortune-reading expression) were, his reply came as a surprise: "My main criterion when I pick people is not so much whether (s)he "can be famous", but rather "how much (s)he wants to attain it."

In the highly-competitive Kpop industry, talent & charisma are fundamental requisites. But Park Jin Young cares more about whether the person has a sincere heart & big dreams.

Nowadays, with good wealth, has he achieve his personal dreams? "In terms of my life goals, they are currently only 50 percent completed." Park Jin Young hopes that the entertainment industry can narrow the distances between countries. He said: "I believe in entertainment without borders. A singer's impact may exceed a President's!" Park Jin Young's dream indicates the horizon of one of Korea's new-generation young leaders. After all, only a big heart can decide how big a success!

- - - - - - - - - - -

entsinacomcnsj201010091.png

Source: http://ent.sina.com....043107325.shtml

Korean star pictorials popularize blonde Barbie concepts; 3 steps towards creating live-action versions (pictures)

2010-10-09-15

Picture captions:

Shin Se Kyung + Nam Gyu Ri

SNSD + Kim Min Hee

Younha + Sunye

Sina Entertainment news. Recently, Korean female stars have been publishing mannequin pictorials in quick succession. While not prominently exquisite nor as beguilingly curvaceous as in the past, the mannequin poses & stylings still managed to attract everybody's attention. The Barbie doll concept is especially favored.

Photographing mannequin pictorials involves 3 major keys. The first is a deadpan expression; this is the most essential feature. Next, a slender build in order to resemble a mannequin. Lastly, blonde hair to emphasize exotic ambience.

Compared to other pictorials, the focal point of mannequin pictorials is on the face & body. This is also why female stars who are lensed as such are known as 'real-life dolls'.

Deadpan expression to evince a sense of mystery

The central feature is a deadpan expression; it can also be said to be the most essential for mannequin pictorials. Adopt the all-important poker face, along with a rigid pose, so that people see you as a doll.

Recently, actress Shin Se Kyung was flawless with the doll concept in her own clothing-line pictorial. Open mouth. Poker face. Raised arm. These mannerisms were crucial in order to make it difficult for people to distinguish between a real person & a display-window dummy.

Nam Gyu Ri [ex-SeeYa] also transformed into a Rococo mannequin for her cosmetic ad. Smileless & her eyes fixating in one direction, her lack of expression was akin to that of a Barbie doll.

Chopstick legs to pose like a doll

Slender builds & 'golden ratio' [proportions] are characteristic of mannequins. They are indispensable for mannequin pictorials. Korea's 'paper-thin' female stars are always competing in such material. The key is to make believe the lanky legs even more slimmer & leggy.

SNSD is the forerunner among girlgroups in this aspect. In the pinkish pictorial, they portrayed display-window dummies, with Jessica & Sunny in particular wearing miniskirts & flaunting their legs.

Kim Min Hee's modeling background makes her the top female star when it comes to ultimate mannequins. In her pictorial, she was wearing a plaid minidress that revealed her slim legs. There was almost no difference between her thighs & calves.

Blonde hair to create an exotic ambience

An essential element of mannequin pictorials is blonde hair. This is to create a Barbie doll-like exotic style. In addition to the oft-seen blonde hair, orange-blonde or platinum hair are also good in exuding sexy & fresh vibes.

Younha transformed into a 'Rocker Mannequin' on the cover of her new single. A guitar-playing doll was the intended theme of the cover. But the shoulder-long blonde hair became the [visual] emphasis, with the red lipstick adding to the sex appeal.

WONDERGIRLS Sunye also transformed into a display-window dummy. Most distinctive was her blonde hair, with the rarely-seen platinum color adding to the sense of mystery. [TV Daily]

^

Wonder Girls = WORLD SINGER!

- - - - - - - - - -

FIA has okayed the Korean Grand Prox track, according to real-time news reports. http://bit.ly/d39Lmw

So the pre-race entertainment, inc. the Oct 21 GP eve concert which WG is linked to, should also be back on.

Hopefully, there will be confirmation soon all around.

- - - - - - - - - -

2DT fanart & animated gifs from a Naver blog.

plyst005.jpg

plyst002.gif

plyst006.jpg

plyst004.gif

plyst.jpg

plyst.gif

plyst002.jpg

plyst006.gif

plyst003.jpg

plyst003.gif

plyst004.jpg

plyst005.gif

Source: http://blog.naver.co...gNo=10095468775

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thai WFs' birthday gifts for Yoobin.

20101012113b433b54.jpg

Source: http://cafe.daum.net/wondercuty/GINW/4029

Hi, can anyone help me?

Does anyone have the link to watch MTV Season 4 Episode 3 online?

By the way, how many episodes are there altogether for MTV Season 4?

Thank you. :)

Guest chikusho1

^

There are 5 episodes in MTV season 4

10 episodes in "made in wonder girls"

http://wonderfulsworld.com/?s=mtv+season+4&x=0&y=0

http://wonderfulsworld.com/?s=Watch+Made+in+Wonder+Girls+Episode&x=0&y=0

Guest bammie92

i really hope Wonder Girls going to perform in MAMA 2010. last year they were absent and the concert is really dead! please perform girls!=))

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

maybe they will perform at MAMA 2010 because they did release a single in Korea this year.. so I think it's possible for them to be there :D

when is MAMA 2010????

Archived