Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Sports Seoul article about the Korean 'mannequin/Barbie doll' look (SNSD, Younha, actress-model Kim Min, WG, etc).

I didn't make the copycat connection until now. Guess Wonder Style Book was a trendsetter!

so proud of our girls , they are always fashion maker

The Girls look fantastic in MIPCOM

so glowinggggggg

fe04t5.jpg

cr daum

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they re look great at concert in France !!!~and thanks for sharing official pics...so clear and pretty !

yoobin with cake ,looks so yum.. and that dog again .. i saw this dog in many other vid of jyp family...haha

pics from twitter are so pretty .. they re enjoy so much in Paris ~

Guest Talesy

Fan account from the 2010 Mipcom translated by me :

So I contacted many people to get passes and in the end, a newspaper answered and said that they were going to help us. They managed to get 2 press passes for the whole day and gave them to us. Then I contacted the site dramablog who took me in as an interpret (even though my English is not that good *).

We arrived at the hotel around 4:30PM. Then we heard the song "Nobody nobody but you", the girls were rehearsing and we sneaked in the rehearsal room. We saw them for the first time there. It was a highly emotional moment. They were all smaller than I had imagined but very beautiful and they had a flawless skin ! Sun Ye's clothes were weird as she was wearing a long skirt that reached the ground~ We watched the rehearsal from afar, and we were a bit shocked. Then we went back and waited to make the interview.

Finally, we went to their dressing room. I was in shock and my hands were shaking like crazy ! I even said "We are sorry, we are really nervious, it's like a dream. But welcome in France". They were all smiling and as embarrassed as we were. XD I told them that my English wasn't as good as theirs, and the 5 of them, at the same time, looked at me and said "Oh no no no !" while waving their hands. It was just magic. :P The interviews lasted about 20 minutes, we wished Yoo Bin a happy birthday, asked questions, took pictures (Lim put her arm on my shoulders, which may sound stupid but at that moment, I thought I was going to faint :P), asked for autographs... etc. Ye Eun asked my name for the autograph and the way she pronounced my name "Laure" was just adorable ! They had learnt some sentences in French, which was very nice of them. ^_^

But to me, the big surprise came from So Hee. I love her as much as the other WG members but she always seems like she stands aside during interviews, as if she thinks highly of herself. But not at all ! She was smiling all the way ! I was too shy to look her in the eyes. XD Sun Ye was standing back a little though. Yoo Bin was the most friendly.

Then we watched the concert, they performed 2DT, So Hot, Nobody and Tell Me. We sang the fanchants~ I thought the best performance was So Hot. Even though Sun Ye stood back during the interview, we could see during the performances that she truly is the one that lives to be on stage.

The interview will be available very soon on dramablog.

Here's the whole story. Honestly, I still can't realize I've met them, it's really like it never happened. :P

* The fan account was initially written in French.

Credit : Wonder Girls France & Dramablog

Translation : Talesy@Soompi

Please don't take out the credits.

Kpop-fr interview translated by me :

Question : You're Korean but you sing in English in the United States. Do you sing in English for foreign fans ? Are there any other reasons ?

Sun Ye : There aren't really any reasons, but thanks to 'Nobody', we've got many foreign fans. This song has received a lot of love, and not only from South Korea, so we wanted to sing in English. It was a way to satisfy all our fans from all over the world, and it's also a way to share our music through the Internet. People can listen to our music and stay in touch with the Wonder Girls through Twitter and YouTube.

Question : You had been separated from your Korean fans for a long time and you came back in South Korea with '2 Different Tears'. Were you looking forward to coming back in South Korea ?

Yoo Bin : Yes, we were. We were very enthusiastic about going back to South Korea because it had been one year since we had left our Korean fans. We were very happy, it was amazing ! We worked really hard for '2 Different Tears', so it was really important to us.

Question : Can you show your French fans the dance of '2 Different Tears' ?

Ye Eun : Oh sure ! We all need to stand up then. (dancing) "Two Different Tears~" right, then left, put your hands next to your face. Then turn your hands towards the outside and put them back towards the inside and cross them, then put your left hand on the left and your right hand on the right.

Question : Tonight, you'll be doing a performance in Cannes. Is it your first time you'll be going on stage in France ?

Wonder Girls : Yes !

Question : Are you nervous ?

Wonder Girls : Yes.

Sun Ye : It's the first time we'll be having a concert in France, but also in Europe.

Question : So these are your first steps in France and Europe.

Ye Eun : We are so enthusiastic that we couldn't sleep last night. We're really happy to perform in France. We haven't been able to visit everything yet but we're already very happy.

Question : You also want to visit Paris ? If you come, we'll still be there to guide you through your visit in Paris.

Wonder Girls : Oh, thank you !

Question : It's been a long time since you've last unleashed an album and you've only released singles lately. Are you planning to release a full-length album soon ?

So Hee : Yes, we have many projects. We are recording an album in the United States and it'll probably be released early next year.

Question : Can you make us listen to one of your upcoming songs that you are preparing ? We'll keep that secret !

So Hee : We're sorry, but we'd like to keep it secret right now. All we can say is that there will be many great artists that will be participating in this album.

Question : Thank you for at least giving us a hint ! You're in Europe for the first time. Apparently, you've stayed in your hotel a lot. Have you still been able to meet French people ?

Wonder Girs : Yes, we've met some French people.

Question : What did you think of them ?

Yoo Bin : They are very nice and affectionate. We've been to the beach next to the hotel once. People there were very nice and the landscape was gorgeous !

Ye Eun : We've looked at the sea a lot ! It was sky blue and indigo.

Question : Yes, it's very pretty when it's sky blue and indigo. What do you think of France in general ?

Sun Ye : It really makes us want to live here.

Question : Really ? Why ?

Sun Ye : Because we're in France for the first time and we've seen gorgeous landscapes with the sea. The night was also beautiful ! People here are especially very nice, which makes us want to come and live in France.

Ye Eun : Yes, people's attitude here is very different. The landscape too... Actually, there are many things that make us want to live here.

Question : Do you know that there are many Wonder Girls fans in France too ?

Wonder Girls : Yes, yes.

Sun Ye : We've noticed that thanks to this visit in France. Now, we would like to be given the chance to meet our fans next time.

Question : Are you happy to have adorable French fans ?

Wonder Girls : Yes !

Question : Could you send your French fans a little message ?

Sun Ye : Hi, it's Sun Ye. It's the first time that I meet French fans, so I'm very glad. I hope that we'll be able to meet all our fans for a concert if we get the chance to have one in France. Thank you !

Yoo Bin : Hi, it's Yoo Bin. I'm also very happy to be in France and I would like to meet French fans too. I wish I were able to come back in France by creating a place where we could meet all our fans ! Thank you !

So Hee : Hi, it's So Hee from the Wonder Girls. I'm glad to see you guys ! I would like to have a concert in France too ! You'll all have to come if we get that opportunity ! Thank you !

Lim : Hi, it's Hye Rim ! I've always wanted to come in France so much. And I'm finally here ! Next time, I hope that we'll be coming back in France to sing for our precious fans !

Ye Eun : (in french) Hi, my name is Yennie. Hello everybody, we are the Wonder Girls. Thank you for loving our music, we'll be back to meet you next time. We love you !

Credit : Kpop-fr

Translation : Talesy@Soompi

Please don't take out the credits.

who photoshopped those pictures of the girls in france that was posted on this page? someone have been doing it for a lot of pictures recently and i think its offensive to the girls.

if you look at the original they edited them and modified their faces AND cropped lim out... that is so terrible

http://img85.imagesh...infrancewg1.jpg

http://img409.images...infrancewg3.jpg

http://img508.images...infrancewg2.jpg

http://ca6.upanh.com...2517.UFT0/h.png

Here are my pics of the 'WG by Wonder Girls' outlet in Toa Payoh Central 大巴窑中心, Singapore.

Spent quite some time hunting around the HDB Hub area, so much so I could only snap some quick shots (in order not to pay a bigger parking fee :sweatingbullets:).

The shop is actually called 'Beige Beauty' & occupies half the place (the other half is the Buzz newsstand).

It is located next to the Ya Kun Kaya Toast eatery 亚坤早餐店, along the open-air pedestrian walkway between HDB Hub & Block 190.

An ajumma was running the place & was quite pushy, so I retreated to take discreet photos.

In one of the close-up pics, you can see designer shopping bags (featuring Sohee) on the shelves. *yearn* I want...

The WG by Wonder Girls CF was also playing on the plasma TV inside. I also saw the display stand when I went to the back of the shop.

No sales were concluded while I was there, despite the ajumma's aggressiveness. Ironically, I notice it was older office workers & fanboys who, more often than not, stepped in for a looksee. The sight of the ajumma determinedly rubbing the creams & lotions on the bewildered males' hands was quite funny. LOL

001jr.jpg

002gbp.jpg

003szb.jpg

004fez.jpg

005qs.jpg

Thanks for the Korean & French translations!

I was reading both accounts over & over, like, a dozen times.

Hmm, better come up with something else to fill out this post...

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter01oct082321.gif

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - - -

99734975.png

Source: http://www.koreastardaily.com/sc/photo/4826

WONDERGIRLS LIM shares her selcas, quirkily pulls funny faces

2010-10-07 Thursday 17:38

WONDERGIRLS member LIM's cute facial expressions were successively made public.

WONDERGIRLS LIM tweeted on October 4: "[i guess] I was really bored", "I look funny here" & shared 4 selcas which attracted the fans' attention. In the photos, LIM just had her stage makeup done & was making funny, playful & various other faces. They were a memorable sight. Above all were the cute pouty & the feigned growling expressions; they made her out to be a very playful girl. Fans who saw these pics left messages like: "cute~" "the birth of another selca goddess!" "Oh, really very funny~" & so on in praise of LIM's quirkiness. [TV Daily reporter Sun Mi Kyung]

Guest ashenlo

the interview for dramablog was so cute!

1. they spoke french^^ amazing and funny too!

2. i love the way they loved the "creme brulee" lmao so cute

3. and the way they say "hello" in frech like 2 kisses yenny lol

FR2DAY is a posh French Riviera lifestyle webzine.

The photographer here is a pro. I looked up his/her portfolio, which included European royalty *impressed*

FYI The webpage failed to load in Firefox for me. But IE or Chrome works.

The Wonder Girls Rock MIPCOM Opening Party!

BY WAYNE BROWN FOR FR2DAY.COM OCT 7, 2010

miplead.jpg

With some people saying that TV is generating more stars and more ideas, it seems only natural that MIPCOM, the international TV festival in Cannes, should have its own red carpet. At the Hotel Martinez, stars arrived for a gala including Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss from "Mad Men", Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne and Robert Kirkman from "The Walking Dead", Luke Perry from "Goodnight for Justice", Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour from "Haven", Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendy Malick ("Hot in Cleveland"), and Korean singers The Wonder Girls, who rocked the party with a great performance.

wg1r.jpg

wg2o.jpg

wg4n.jpg

wg7o.jpg

wg5se.jpg

wg6.jpg

All photographs courtesy of Pat Denton

Source: http://www.fr2day.com/showbiz/7314/the_wonder_girls_rock_mipcom_opening_party

Guest jcsmark

New Justice merchandise!

Credit: That'sSoRaven from WGspectacle

Looks like Justice just isn't quite done with the girls, and it looks like the wonder continues as new merchandise was revealed when I visited the Justice stores this week. Not only was there new products available, but I was also told by many Justice representatives about what happens when Wonder Girls merchandise is sold out. Justice is a tween brand store that sells merchandise and clothing for young teens and for young girls.

totebag.png

Wonder Girls Tote Bag

The bag is black, with just the simple phrase "I'm a Wonder Girl" on the front, with nothing on the back. But you can carry it with pink straps, it is to match with the other Wonder Girls merchandise. [$7.90]

hairsets.png

Wonder Girls Headbands

3 Headbands in one pack. One black saying "I'm a Wonder Girl", one light pink with accessories, and one dark pink. [$9.90]

Wonder Girls Hair Ties

12 hair ties in one pack. 4 dark pink, 4 purple with accessories on top, 2 black, and 2 saying "I'm a Wonder Girl" [$9.90]

diaryentries.png

Wonder Girls Journal 2

Another purple journal/diary to write anything inside. This journal is a continuation from the fluffy purple one, except this one is glittery and has a different design. Comes with a bookmark. [$12.90] Go-Getter - Yenny; Trend Setter - So Hee; Diva - Yubin; Day Dreamer - Lim; Perfectionist - Sun

schoolsupplies.png

Wonder Girls Back-To-School Supplies Pack

Contains 2 folders, 1 notebook, 3 pencils and a white Wonder Girls logo eraser. [$16.90]

1880260_678.jpg

Wonder Girls Trend Setter Tee

Purple Satin color, with the exact same design as the purple glittery journal. [$19.90]

2dtcdback.png

Wonder Girls '2 Different Tears' Justice CD Single

The CD single includes 9 tracks, and an exclusive 'Justice edition' for "2 Different Tears" and includes all the songs from the Justice 'Nobody' CD single. [$10.90 -> Clearance: $5.99]

1) 2 Different Tears (Justice Exclusive Version)

2) So Hot

3) Nobody

4) Tell Me (Sampling from 'Two of Hearts')

5) 2 Different Tears Remix

6) Nobody Rainstone Remix

7) Nobody Jason Nevins Remix

8) 2 Different Tears Karaoke

9) 2 Different Tears Instrumental

I spoke to numerous Justice representatives and employees, and even called the Customer Service. Asking them what happened to the Wonder Girls 'Light-Up Picture Frame', 'Nail Polish', 'Nobody single', 'Purple Furry Journal', and even the original Wonder Girls T-Shirt designs?

And the employees working at the store, said they don't know, they only put out what they are sent and put in stock. Because, when I went to 3 different Justice stores, they were ALL sold out of those items. So, I called Customer Service last night, and they told me what usually happens with partnerships is that they only sell a limited quantity of items. And they were saying, that once it's sold out, it usually means no more production of the item and they move onto something bigger and better to sell.

In other words, there is a HUGE chance that the following items below, won't be restocked into Justice stores. HOWEVER, the representative DID say that CERTAIN Justice stores around the country STILL sell them, but ONLY if they are demanded by customers and such. That's all I could get out from them, and they also couldn't tell me what other merchandise was coming out. So we'll just have to wait and see. And we might have to say goodbye to these items below:

wondernailpolish.png

wonderjournal.pngwonderjournalinside.png

wondergirlspictureframe.pngwondergirlslightupframe.png

You can still purchase the T-Shirts though, online if sold out at your Justice store.

To purchase the T-Shirts now, just click here to buy them.

AND, right now EVERYTHING online and at your local Justice stores, are selling all their merchandise, including the Wonder Girls with a 40% off sale. Sale ends soon, so hurry and buy it before it's gone. And the T-Shirts are only $10.99 or even less online right now, but with your 40% coupon code the site gives you, you can pay less then that.

FR2DAY is a posh French Riviera lifestyle webzine.

The photographer here is a pro. I looked up his/her portfolio, which included European royalty *impressed*

I am more impressed by the fact that FR2DAY disdained all the other red carpet attendees (they put their name in print, and no pics!). Of Mipcom they have a just a piece on Robert Redford and our girls :D

--

40 million views in a few hours!!

--

About Yubin's dog, I am not sure if it's the same one in 2DT. I thought that the "JYPE puppy" was belonging to Kim Hwa Young (JYPE choreographer & dancer), since she has many JYPE puppy pics in her YFrog stream.

b8fb152d5b2c61a6da1e65f98a2eaf89_large.jpg

b48ed599ab03f8b380064c41034a5afb_large.png

Guest talksound

I hate how they always make yoobin wear wigs. I mean some of them aren't soooo bad, but this one is clearly fake. Ugh.

And this might be late, but I do not like the blonde bits in her hair. I think she looked great with the red in the early days of the 2DT promotions.

San E rapping over WG''s So Hot? (Audio player & lyrics provided.)

Haven't heard this before; neither can I verify its authenticity due to the language barrier

http://blog.naver.co...01/140114557299

Cr: Wonderholic

- - - - - - - - - -

Style.com's "Anna Sui: Spring 2001 RTW" video from the NYC Fashion Week has a WG cameo (EunAhn praising the brand for 4-5 seconds).

Source (1:56~2:00): http://www.style.com...tw/610189980001

Cr:  또또희 @ Wondercuty                                                                 

Youtube version (1:54~1:59):

Screengrabs:

screenhunter05oct091602.gif

screenhunter02oct091600.gif

screenhunter03oct091601.gif

screenhunter04oct091601.gif

- - - - - - - - - -

pdwus.jpg

42449797.jpg

Cr: JANEyjk @ twitter

Guest uchix_francois

:)

40 million views in a few hours!!

err... in a few hours ??? the video's been there for more than 2 years right ? but yesterday it was 39,930,849 and today 40,066,185 ... thats 135,336 in 1 day.

anyway, this ask for celebration !!! GO WG !!!

25h1rh4.jpg

err... in a few hours ??? the video's been there for more than 2 years right ? but yesterday it was 39,930,849 and today 40,066,185 ... thats 135,336 in 1 day.

anyway, this ask for celebration !!! GO WG !!!

25h1rh4.jpg

My post was too short - apologies for that, I gave too much for granted -- it should have been like

[The Nobody performance video on Youtube is going to surpass] 40 million views in a few hours!!

Let's celebrate, that video is also the #1 most viewed Youtube video in South Korea of all times.

6f9ce41922dda1715cb5f043669bb780_large.png

Here's the link to the chart: http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_views?gl=KR&t=a

I did some simple math on the stats.

That video has started getting a lot views in the period when the English version of Nobody was launched in June 2009. It was idling under 5 million views then. Someting changed, and the current pace is more than 30.000.000 views a year, ore more than 82.000 views a day :w00t:

If all goes as now, in 4 or 5 months it might enter Youtube most viewed videos worldwide of all time. <3

As of now, #100 in that chart (Eminem's Beautiful) has 46 million views

Guest airajasmine

Wonder Girls youtube channel not include at South Korea charts?

Wonder Girls NOBODY US Debut Single HD MV - 16,056,207 views

M/V]Wondergirls Irony - 2,818,702 views

maybe their youtube channel is in US timezone.

Archived