Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

i hope that they will comeback with something different somthing like irony with powerful dance like miss a bad girl good girl

January <3

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest songbird86

I really hope for their korean comeback they have a song strictly for korea. I know how the like to "recycle" their songs translating them. But an original song just for that comeback would be nice... I also hope the same for the rest of the countires they decide to release in.

I'm alittle worried that the english cd would just be remakes of the korean songs. I really need to stop worrying, but I really want them to great and fall in love with them again.

Guest i.said.goodbye

I really hope for their korean comeback they have a song strictly for korea. I know how the like to "recycle" their songs translating them. But an original song just for that comeback would be nice... I also hope the same for the rest of the countires they decide to release in.

I'm alittle worried that the english cd would just be remakes of the korean songs. I really need to stop worrying, but I really want them to great and fall in love with them again.

My sentiments exactly.

I want a whole new song for their Korean comeback... the songs always sound slightly awkward when they are translated from korean to english and vice versa.

We've been waiting for ages for their America album so I'm praying that it contains new songs with no Korean remakes. I'm sure we might have one or two remakes but I hope the majority of the album is new. I'm also hoping we get some ballad songs.

Personally, I understand where we all are coming from about the Korean comeback, as we all fell in love with them in Korea, but I think the girls are gonna just concentrate on the US market more forcefully than the Korean one as they've said it time and again that the dream is the world, and not just their motherland. Not that I'm not crossing my fingers for a Korean comeback thats very Wondergirls-sy get my drift??? Coz they always bring something completely new and refreshing to the table, and I love watching them on variety shows. They, I believe, are some of the most unaffected celebrities that I know, and I love that about them... They don't necessarily customize themselves for the masses, more like they make the public fall in love with their individuality, and they never claim to be anything more than five, humble, hardworking girls, though we all know that extremely talented, drop-dead gorgeous, and completely loveable are also very apt adjectives that define the girls...

Random rambling I guess... But yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up about a sprawling Korean comeback... Maybe just a single or so, for the KWonderfuls!

Anyhow, was watching CNBLUE on Heechul's Youngstreet and found out that he Jungshin picked Yeeun as his ideal girl... They went to the same high school, Me Like!!! :D

Heres the link if anyone cares to watch, I know this may be old news to most so forgive me if I'm posting this again!!

CN Blue with girlgroup ideal partners

cr: iamkrittikan@youtube.com

Translated Version: 100528 Youngstreet : Which girl group member C.N.blue wish to be close to?

Cr: Dearandaa@youtube.com

Ooh and the girls look mad cute in the CF and the MV.

And man is Sohee growing up to be quiet the heartbreaker, haha, she looks stunningly gorgeous. I think they could have done better with Lim, but then again this was shot way back when she first joined so I guess they didn't know what suited her best (BANGS!! She looks soo cute with them, and in that uniform *pinches cheeks* !!!!!!). The song is so cute... expecially like the really random chorus (Sunye-Pro voice, Yeeun-cute voice in the mv was <3), and Yoobin's sexy rap... Can it be called sexycute?? 

Think I've written too much... 

Patience.

wow!!! cutie cute cute... that's one thing i like the girls they are so cute even if they don't try to be cute.

by the way i'm looking for the girls video in 1000 song challenge but i can't find it...will you pls help me..tnx.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Finally Sun Ye follow Sun MI XOXO, and she also follow other JYP family members, and Park Kyung Lim, Tasha, SJ Si Won :)

WGsun

@mimimimi0502 new twitter!!!!kkk miss u hun 30 minutes ago via mobile web in reply to mimimimi0502

mimimimi0502

# 자 상황종결 난 그저 웃지요^ㅡ^ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하하 8 minutes ago via web

히히히히히히히히히호호호호호호호호호호후후후후후후후후후후후후후 15 minutes ago via web

하하하하하하핳하하하하하하핳하하하하하하하하하하하하하핳 28 minutes ago via web

Sun Mi laughed, seems like she defeated Math ? :)

Guest i.said.goodbye

Anyhow, was watching CNBLUE on Heechul's Youngstreet and found out that he Jungshin picked Yeeun as his ideal girl... They went to the same high school, Me Like!!! :D

LOL that's SO cute :D

I remember him saying that he'd also like to get closer to wonder girls and particularly yeeeun as well.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Another good job by Yenny :)

# 레시피 출처 ! http://twitgoo.com/1jxpvs 좋은책이다 ...! >_<♥ 12 minutes ago via twidroid

2wfigs3.jpg

스콘이랑 고구마스틱! ㅋㅋㅋ♥ http://twitgoo.com/1jxpva 13 minutes ago via twidroid

11sj9rc.jpg

mimimimi0502

@WGyenny 고구마타르트도 만들어죠!ㅋㅋㅋ 9 minutes ago via web in reply to WGyenny

Really? i have never seen the post like that>< Angry ><

Chinese press unimpressed and disappointed by Wonder Girls’ looks

20100826_wondergirls-460x360.jpg

WTH with sp edit button ><

link to the news

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/08/chinese-press-unimpressed-and-disappointed-by-wonder-girls-looks

Guest valentino_rossi46

Really? i have never seen the post like that>< Angry ><

Chinese press unimpressed and disappointed by Wonder Girls’ looks

20100826_wondergirls-460x360.jpg

According to the latest news, Chinese press has recently expressed their disappointment toward Wonder Girls’ “unimpressive” looks, quite openly to a large body of readers. This is not >< but So Hee, they jealous much her mandu cheeks ?

Updating you guys on some gossipy WG stuff from the last 24 hours.

They are inconsequential & I did not see the urgency of posting them earlier.

1stly, there was fan chatter in the Chinese cyberspace that WG might appear at the Mnet 2010 20's Awards yesterday evening.

Didn't sound right to me. The various WG twitters indicated they have some time off (except for the weekend's Hangzhou trip).

Ultimately, they did not attend; neither did 2PM if correct.

Post-event, I found the errant news source (Korea Star Daily & sister Korean site TVDaily). Their article was picked up by Yahoo Taiwan.

Otherwise, it made sense why Mnet looked to JYPE for star power, given SME's continued boycott & YG also deciding to skip.

2AM & MissA attended, as did JYP-associated artistes like 4Minute & 9 Muses.

2ndly, about the allkpop (duh) report.

It is based on a couple of adverse China photoessays commenting how WG looked different in 'Happy Camp' vis-a-vis their album & earlier photos.

Personally, I think their indelible image of WG remains of the Korean 'Nobody' period. Time has stood still for them since, even with Chinese WFs. (The 2DT launch only officially began this month there, too.)

Anyway, the WG episode was the most-watched nationally, so there is bound to be all sorts of feedback.

Thankfully, those Chinese reports are closer to the Korean infotainment template (i.e. photos + "netizens say..." quotes), unlike the Hong Kong tabloids which can be really flippant.

3rdly, NextTV has re-loaded their short 2PM Taiwan interview segment into their YT channel (9:38 onwards)

Their WG segment should be available on YT later today.

4thly, the Korean media is also talking up "airport fashion" as a new infotainment genre, in part due to the news coverage of WG & 2PM when they flew back from Taiwan.

TIME magazine wrote an article about Kpop. No mention of WG, but it's worth a read:

http://www.time.com/...2013227,00.html

JYP USA is advertising for a part-time web developer on Craigslist:

http://newyork.craig...1920667875.html

Guest true_ddalgi

wah, it's been a while since i've visited & so much is going on!

i'm getting confused about all the news so i'll just stick to reading their twitters.

but dude...how is the chinese media "disappointed" with their looks?? -_-;

they're so freaking pretty!!

if anything, maybe they were expecting them to be more flashy looking?

their style is more..."bombtastic girls next door"?? lol i just made that up.

anyway, if anyone is interested in reading a SunHae (sunye/donghae) fanfiction, ...i'm writing one lol the link is in my signature :)

ahhh sunye's getting prettier & prettier just when you think she CANT GET ANY PRETTIER +_+ bahh!

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

Seriously wth O_o

you know what i feel bad for the girls .... after all they have been going through .. i wish they forget about everything and just comeback to their home "Korea" they don't deserve that they deserve something better

they still young they will get hurt when they hear that ... seeing the other idol's having fun and our girls going through hard time.. it's hurt

when they were in Korea only the good things happened ... but since they left.. we just heard the bad news starting with sunmi till this ... :(

and Seriously they were really REALLY pretty and cute in that show ;)

true_ddalgi thank you i need to read something like this to get out of the the bad mood ;p

Guest valentino_rossi46

Yu Bin twitter

WGyubin

# this is yenny's homemade bread photo! http://tweetphoto.com/41629195 about 1 hour ago via twidroid

x2_27b360b.jpg

#yenny made some sweet potato sticks and scones for us~ cause today we have wondergirls english study class! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

Her photo look better than Ye Eun's photo :P

Glad that the girls now can take some rest, and have a chane to do many things like normal girls :)

And Ye Eun twitter

WGyenny

# and this was for my moms bday yesterday! i made the chicken dish, my sis made Mi YEoK soup haha :)http://twitgoo.com/1nxl35

5cau51.jpg

# some of you wonder why im so into cooking these days right?haha i always thought there were several things i would never be good at ; cooking, painting, cleaning, driving,all kind of digital games. then i realize, there is no such a thing. and i wanna remove them all on my "NOT MY THING" list. thats all :)

# "not my thing" list. thats all ;)

Yenny is perfect girl right? "Um Chin Dal" girl :)

Zhejiang TV finally published something a couple hours ago to confirm WG's participation.

No publicity poster (yet), though.

screenhunter02aug272003.gif

Source: http://www.zjstv.com...e=24&id=5011205

《星耀中国蓝·两周年庆典晚会》 'Glittering China Blue: 2nd Anniversary Celebration Gala' curtain raiser

Source: Zhejiang TV 2010-8-27 18:01:35

On August 28 9:21pm, Zhejiang TV will kick off with a "Glittering China Blue: 2nd Anniversary Celebration Gala".

The 《非同凡响》 'Extraordinary' show contestants, the 《麦霸英雄汇》 'Mic Kings Heroes Gathering' show standouts, the 《我爱记歌词》 'I Love Song Lyrics" show 'super singers' as well as China Blue (Zhejiang TV's nickname) artistes will join hands with China Blue's "Aiblue" fans for a music & dance festival celebration! In addition, WONDERGIRLS will bring their classic 'Nobody'. Heavenly King Andy Lau's treasured 'sons' Andou & Heizai (安逗黑仔, a pair of singing calf mascots) will also participate.

The stars are glittery bright, colorful & brilliant. Stay tuned to Zhejiang TV as we celebrate the 2nd full birthday of China Blue!

01300000329092123831885.jpg

Andou & Heizai with Andy Lau

- - - - - - - - - -

entmopcommusic3252192sh.png

Source: http://ent.mop.com/music/3252192.shtml

MORNING MUSUME, WONDERGIRLS, IDOLGIRLS: girlgroup showdown

2010-08-27 12:03 Source: MOP.com

Recently, Japan's MORNING MUSUME, Korea's WONDERGIRLS & China's IDOLGIRLS simultaneously appeared on Mainland TV shows, triggering a girl-group craze in the country.

In recent years, female idol groups have been in vogue. By chance, 3 representative artistes materialized during the same week, & we got to see each Asian group's characteristics.

MORNING MUSUME is a Jpop girlgroup who debuted in 1997 & has continually changed their personnel since. They currently have 8 members, including some Chinese additions with an eye towards expanding into China. In Japan, they are considered the leader in Asian pop music, the pacesetter of idol groups, as well as the earliest-formed idol group. On the Mainland variety show, they embodied the Japanese training system, with every member sweet-looking & possessing wonderful dancing skills. Their stage presence is irresistible.

Korea's WONDERGIRLS rode to worldwide fame with 'Nobody'. Excellent packaging & popular genre songs embody the consummate Kpop approach. Although starting later than Jpop, they have grabbed much of the China market in recent years. WONDERGIRLS's debut in a Mainland variety show featured the genuine charisma of Kpop idols.

IDOLGIRLS is the Mainland's first expanded girlgroup, with a family of 9 members. The last idol group to debut domestically, their latest appearance turned out to be a pleasant surprise. They are on par with the JKpop groups, with each member also possessing individual traits & no fake airs.

Moreover, girlgroups have been very active in Asian music in recent times. The Mainland idol-making scene is also beginning to take off, with ever-improving performances over time. Let's look forward to this development.

- - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter01aug271908.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2bw4q.html

WONDERGIRLS LIM "goes to school" sans makeup & in uniform, she charms with her freshness

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/08/27 09:13

WONDERGIRLS LIM's fresh look has become a hot talking point.

On August 26, LIM tweeted a "I'm going to school" message & photo. In the picture, she is seen without stage makeup & sexy costume. Rather, the appearance is that of a demure student in dignified school uniform.

Netizens who saw it left comments indicating their interest: "How cute", "her natural face is much prettier"; "unlike her stage image, the student-uniform mien is so fresh." (TV Daily reporter Zhao Yizhi)

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

no matter what anyone says we Wonderfuls know why we love Wonder Girls & it's definitely not because they are stunning beauties or because they have banging bods but because they are charming, down to earth, hardworking & geniunely affectionate to their fans. I don't expect the person who wrote that article degrading Wonder Girls looks to appreciate what we fans do. what to do? there will always be ignorant people in this world. we should be the bigger people in this matter & just let it go. it's not like we Wonderfuls are going to stop liking Wonder Girls because some visually impaired reporter couldn't see their charms right?

Wonder Girls fighting! I will always support them 100% no matter what anyone says & yes they are all really beautiful girls. inside out.

Guest icespike

*Here is Repost from someones elses post*

This is really just another case of allkpop’s translation fail. Much like the Hangeng-suicide thing.

In fact, the article is talking about the negative responses of Chinese NETIZENS to the Wonder Girls. It is one thing to report on toxic netizens, and quite another altogether to say that the Chinese MEDIA is the source of these statements.

In this case, the article title clearly said, “Wonder Girls are criticized for being too different in person from their photographs.” Passive tense makes it pretty obvious that SOMEONE ELSE is doing the criticizing. And while allkpop’s translation of, “Wonder Girls in the promotional pictures and Wonder Girls in real life are very different. What happened to the beautiful legs and charming body?” is fairly accurate, allkpop apparently failed to read the words immediately preceding that. The full phrase is, “…after the broadcast, many Chinese netizens expressed shock, direct quote, ‘Wonder Girls in the promotional pictures and Wonder Girls in real life are very different. What happened to the beautiful legs and charming body?’” Strange how omitting that first part CHANGES THE ENTIRE MEANING…

To allkpop’s Chinese translator: For now, I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say, please, please, read the articles carefully before making any claims about “strictly translating” anything. It’s every bit as wrong to omit important information as it is to mistranslate.

Guest stephy1030

ya im waiting to see mnet made in wonder girls ep 5 too!! i hope someone posts up the link soon!

i cant wait, hahha might even be skipping class for it :/

i feel like the articles were misinterpreted and i wish allkpop would put out more good articles about our girls instead of ones like this : (

Archived