Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WG is flying to Taiwan 2.5 days before the Mnet concert.

The rest of the itinerary has not been announced yet, except for 2PM's fanmeet.

wwwwondergirlscomtwbbsb.png

Cr: WGTW 台灣之友

Guest valentino_rossi46

Wonder Girls “Nobody” Performed at Singapore’s Youth Olympic Games 2010 Opening Ceremony

[HD] YOG Open Ceremony Performance - Nobody But Chiu!! 14/08/2010

The inaugural Youth Olympic Games (YOG) has officially begun at the Opening Ceremony in Singapore at Float@Marina Bay on 14 August.

The broadcast of the YOG Opening Ceremony was estimated to be able to reach an international audience of more than 15 million people, with an approximately 27,000 audiences gathered at the Marina Bay floating platform.

Korean Girl-group, Wonder Girls‘ “Nobody” was also performed by hundreds of performers on-stage accompanied by six giant LED screens which shows various covers of the “Nobody” dance.

[Video: 154thmedia@YT]

[source: WonderfulsWorld]

[HD] YOG Open Ceremony Performance - Nobody But Chiu!! 14/08/2010

Guest big_face

http://hulashare.com/images/57711303101247346180.jpg

<注目のK-POPユニット投票結果>

1位:少女時代(20212票)

2位:Wonder Girls(9598票)

3位:SUPER JUNIOR(1717票)

4位:SHINee(944票)

5位:BEAST(417票)

Credits: SNSD thread

The poll is all about "The Most Pay Attention KPOP Idol Group" in Japan, i'm happy to see that Wonder Girl is higher than Big Bang but the problem is How Old Is This Poll ???

Guest xD_YiYi

The poll is all about "The Most Pay Attention KPOP Idol Group" in Japan, i'm happy to see that Wonder Girl is higher than Big Bang but the problem is How Old Is This Poll ???

Hmm..looking at the list..it should be quite recent..since there're relatively new group included..

I guess it's this year?

According to the language..i suppose that poll is held in japan..

Which is a great deal for wonder girls since they've not been doing any form of official promotion there~

screenhunter01aug172240.gif

Source: http://www.libertyti...oday-show11.htm

'Mnet Ultimate' Kaohsiung show is canceled, stunning the fans

Liberty Times 2010-8-17

Reporter Zheng Yixun / Taipei report.

The 'Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan' Kaohsiung concert involving Kpop groups like WONDERGIRLS, 2PM & MBLAQ is off! Event organizer Very Aspect said Korea's Mnet company wanted to present the best possible show at the Kaohsiung Arena on August 22. But Yeh Qi Tian also has a concert there the preceding night, & his stage architecture is too much a mismatch for a quick high-tech changeover. Hence the decision to cancel.

Very Aspect said the Kaohsiung show had already sold 60 to 70 percent of tickets. They estimate to make a 6- to 7-digit financial loss. The fans can obtain ticket refunds, while those who want to watch the concert can exchange tickets for Saturday's show at TWTC Nangang in Taipei. Ticket price differentials will be accordingly settled.

However, the sudden cancellation of this weekend's Kaohsiung show stunned the fans. Many dissatisfied comments were left at PTT (message board): "Aren't Kaohsiung fans people too", "Why cancel during the week of the concert itself", "lousy reasons", etc. Even if there was a venue problem, any evaluation should have been done well in advance. This justification is just too far-fetched.

- - - - - - - - - - -

twnextmediacomapplenews.png

Source: http://tw.nextmedia....ssueID/20100817

WONDERGIRLS charm stonewalled, 'Mnet Ultimate' Kaohsiung show nixed

2010-08-17 Apple Daily

(Chen Yutian / Taipei report) The Korean girl group WONDERGIRLS-headlining 'Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan' Kaohsiung concert has been abruptly canceled. There were rumors of sub-par ticket sales, but the organizer claimed that Korea's Mnet company wanted to alter the show's content, but the venue failed to meet the new requirements. The sudden cancellation, with ticket exchange or refund as resolution, has undoubtedly infringed on the southern fans' rights.

The Mnet concerts were to bring together top Kpop groups like WONDERGIRLS, 2PM & MBLAQ. But the Kaohsiung show was canceled for 'groundless' reasons, which triggered much external speculation.

The cancellation justification is too groundless

The organizer said that the Kaohsiung show 'clashed' with Yeh Qi Tian's concert scheduled for the previous night. The 2 parties' stage architecture are a great mismatch, & it was impossible to meet the Korean side's requirements. Hence the decision to cancel.

The organizer claimed that the Kaohsiung show had already sold 70 percent of tickets. Since the Kaohsiung Arena can accommodate 10,000, then the rights of 7,000 fans have been infringed. Even though the southern fans can exchange for Taipei show tickets, there is no arrangement to bus them over. The organizer said: "Only about 20 to 30 percent of the fans are willing to travel up north." Ticket refund, exchange: http://www.ticket.com.tw or (02) 27557058.

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02aug172256.gif

Source: http://showbiz.china...1701491,00.html

Mnet Ultimate: 'Nobody' to assail Taiwan again

CNA 2010-08-17

The Korean all-star 'Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan' concert will debut in Taipei on August 21, the event organizer announced today. WONDERGIRLS, 2PM & MBLAQ will fly in first on August 19, while Korean music godfather JYP & MISS A will arrive on August 20.

The Mnet concert will be held on August 21 in Taipei, with popular groups WONDERGIRLS, 2PM, MBLAQ, JYP & MISS A in attendance. The organizer said WONDERGIRLS, 2PM & MBLAQ will fly in first on a Korean Air flight on August 19.

JYP & MISS A will arrive on August 20. JYP also specially asked the organizer to arrange for the internationally-renowned Taiwanese bubble tea.

The organizer pointed out, in response to fans' requests, Korean beastly boy band 2PM will hold an autograph session on August 20. MBLAQ's own fanmeet is still being negotiated with their Korean agency.

- - - - - - - - - -

The event organizer's announcement.

wwwfacebookcomtopicphpu.png

Source: http://www.facebook....50455&topic=337

'Mnet Ultimate': Very Aspect announcement

The 'Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan' concert was originally set for August 22 at the Kaohsiung Arena. The venue has another concert show scheduled the night before. The 2 parties' stage architecture are a great mismatch. It would have been very pressing to dismantle one & erect the other. Additionally, Korea's Mnet company has strict requirements with the stage structure. We have made every effort to deal with the time & venue restraints. Later, the Korean side wanted more improvements, & they made many more proposals that will alter the stage architecture. We & the Korean technical staff racked our brains, but were left with a reality check at the end.

Unable to provide in Kaohsiung a similar show as in Taipei, we & Korea's Mnet company have no choice but to reluctantly cancel the Kaohsiung show. To the fans who are left inconvenienced & disappointed, we & Korea's Mnet company extend our deep apologies. We express our regrets, & hope our Kaohsiung countrymen can show understanding!

Lastly, our 8/21 (Saturday) TWTC Nangang show will continue as scheduled. We & Korea's Mnet guarantee this Taipei concert to be an unprecedented visual & audio spectacle. All the participating performers (WONDERGIRLS, 2PM, JYP, MBLAQ, MISS A) are also sparing no effort for perfect performances to thank the fans for their support & love.

[Omitted the ticket refund/exchange instructions.]

- - - - - - - - - -

The accompany pic infers that TVBS did a video report on this too.

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/100817/8/2b9g7.html

Too late to erect the stage, WONDERGIRLS's Kaohsiung show is nixed

TVBS update: 2010/08/17 13:52

The super-hot WONDERGIRLS & other Kop artistes are about to hit town to perform in Taipei & Kaohsiung. But the event organizer has abruptly issued a statement, saying the Kaohsiung show on August 22 has been canceled. The reason is that 'Formosa King' Yeh Qi-tian is also holding a concert at the same venue on August 21. The organizer is worried that a single day may not be enough time to dismantle the stage & erect a new one. Hence the abrupt cancellation of the Kaohsiung show. The show had sold 60 to 70 percent of tickets. When the news came out, it immediately triggered a major backlash from the fans. There was severe online criticism about the lack of consideration for the Kaohsiung fans.

Instead of witnessing the very-popular 'Nobody', the Kaohsiung fans can now only stare at the computer screen & sigh. They have bought the tickets, yet come this abrupt cancellation.

The online vilification has hit earthshaking heights. The organizer has issued a statement, saying that because Yeh Qi Tian is holding a concert the day before, the required stage is too different in design & there won't be enough time to dismantle & replace it. Hence, the cancellation of the concert that was to feature WONDERGIRLS & other currently popular Kpop stars. But with 60 to 70 percent of tickets already sold, the furious netizens deemed this justification to be passing the buck. Some even sniped about this being an example of the North-South social inequality.

The organizer said: "When it comes to planning for Korea shows, they would come up with better ideas for the audience. But the Kaohsiung site happens to be..."

The organizer is in firefighting mode, replying that there is indeed a problem with the venue. They are also willing to give ticket refunds or let the fans watch the Taipei show instead. But to have so suddenly cancel, perhaps many fans have already lost interest.

Guest big_face

http://hulashare.com/images/57711303101247346180.jpg

<注目のK-POPユニット投票結果>

1位:少女時代(20212票)

2位:Wonder Girls(9598票)

3位:SUPER JUNIOR(1717票)

4位:SHINee(944票)

5位:BEAST(417票)

Credits: SNSD thread

I already found out what it is , here you go:

“Most noteworthy unit ranking”

The music site BIGLOBE released a “BIGLOBE MUSIC” K-POP special which announced a popular K-POP artist ranking. This ranking was started on August 12, 2010 and the results are based off of the votes from the users of the BIGLOBE site.

”BIGLOBE MUSIC” Popular K-POP Unite Ranking (Survey period: 2010/8/12 10 o’clock~ 8/16 10 o’clock)

1st: SNSD (20,212 votes)

2nd: Wonder Girls (9,598 votes)

3rd: SUPER JUNIOR (1,717 votes)

4th: SHINee (944 votes)

5th: BEAST (417 votes)

6th: BIGBANG (364 votes)

7th: f(x) (351 votes)

8th: KARA (313 votes)

9th: 4Minute (289 Votes)

10th: BROWN EYED GIRLS (254 votes)

here is the original link: http://music.biglobe...-pop/index.html

Votes Cast: 33,090 votes

Voter attribute: Sex- Males 47.2% Females- 52.8% Average age: 22.6 years old

Therefore, the girls definitely win over Big Bang without making any debut in Japan yet, woa, AMAZING !!

Guest *bluebutterfly*

I wonder how SunMi creates those cartoon pictures (the one she has as her display pic now and the previous cartoons she made of jane) They're really cute. xD

Voting time, Wonderfuls. =)

선미 VS 설리 - Sunmi is winning~! :)

http://koreatopface.com/xe/league/1967159

소희 VS 제시카

http://koreatopface.com/xe/league/1967207

유빈 VS 써니

http://koreatopface.com/xe/league/1967213

Interview with the Wonder Girls

South Korean Pop Stars

By Stephanie Prommer, About.com Guide

Wonder Girls is a South Korean girl group that is making a big impression in the US with its catchy songs and awesome fashion style. Made up of members Sun-Ye (Sun), Ye-Eun (Yenny), So-Hee, Yu-Bin and Hye-Rim (Lim), the group is the first Korean act to have a song on the Billboard Hot 100 with the single "Nobody," and the girls toured this year with the Jonas Brothers! I had the chance to ask the Wonder Girls some questions about their unique style, so check out this interview with the Wonder Girls:

How do you decide what to wear as a group for your videos and concerts?

Wonder Girls: We usually have a meeting and discuss the style concept with our stylist, Wonder Girls members, JY Park (our producer) and also our choreographer. It's a team effort!

It's funny because now when we see an outfit or an accessory, all of us automatically know which member it will look good on.

Do you work with a stylist, or do you choose your own looks?

We do usually work closely with a stylist, but the concept/design for our last single "2 Different Tears" was done by our wonderful stylists, Sohee & Yubin. The rest of the members were so impressed with their work!

How would you describe the style of your group?

Our style is basically "funky/retro." And depending on the members, some will go for the more cuter style, and members such as Yenny & Yubin might do more of a sexier look sometimes. But it all depends on which event and what outfit, but one thing for sure is that we try to look fabulous as a group, while expressing our individual characters!

What can we expect from you guys in the future?

We are currently on a promotional tour throughout Asia visiting countries such as China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and Korea. And after that, we will come back to the US, and work on our album that is scheduled to be released in January. We are so excited!!!

source: http://teenfashion.about.com/od/celebritystyle/tp/Interview-With-The-Wonder-Girls.htm

---------

NEW ALBUM ON JANUARY!!!! excited! but its a long wait -_-

Guest korey89

God, I hope they mean Korean album. ._. But the interview was done in English, I think. Wth, I thought JYPE said they'd release their English album sometime in the fall. January = winter. T_T

If that's true, I wonder what they will be doing for the next 5 months...

Edit: Okay, I just read that last portion... so their English album has been delayed again to January? Ughh. I thought they recorded everything already, unless they are re-recording everything, I guess.

So they'll be touring Asia now. I guess that's good.

Guest Mexicooh

wit ....

the new album is it "Korean" album or not ???

----------

It's going to be their debut American album I assume since they haven't released one yet. It'll be exciting to hear. I assume that it won't contain Tell Me, So Hot or Nobody but I could be wrong which could be a reason why the date has been move back further. But then again they might release the same album in Korean to sell back at home. I can't wait!! This must mean they have a new song to release alongside the album 2DT promotions should cease by then.

Guest uchix_francois

:tears:

just as I feared... they didnt mention Indonesia for the Asian Tour...

although I know that Kpop isnt huge here... still... oh well

*go to the rooftop to wishing on a star*

Guest vietboi_tuan

Album pushed back once again... sigh...

Keep waiting patiently. Want a new album

so badly.

So without the album the girls would just

be flying around the world promoting

2DT and Nobody?

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

I wonder if they will be having concerts in those countries just like the ones they had during their American tour. Maybe they'll be releasing another Korean single for the time being? Who knows what JYP has up his sleeve.

Guest Mia_Mia

anyone remember how WG was going to make EXR a popular brand in the US with PUCCA as a concept

http://wonderfulsworld.com/2010/07/13/wonder-girls-to-take-exr-to-the-u-s-with-the-help-of-a-special-friend/

well.... according to an anonymous poster on daum shooting has started... but its all a big secret, i think this picture was taken by a staffer helping in on the shoot... see the big PUCCA head in the carton?.. and i think the girls are sitting on the sofa above.

2a99p9v.jpg

i miss the girls so much! :(

Archived