Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Despite the sad and horrible things happen to our Minjokkie,still we cant forget our beloved Mandoo~

Our Mandoo have reach 19yrs old (well, normal age 18yrs old if course~ ^_^ )

sohee.jpg

C: Google Search~ :P

Happy Birthday to our beloved Ahn Sohee~!! ♥

Always be happy and smile~ Stay strong for Leader Min~

We always love you Mandoo-ah~ :D

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mia_Mia

Happy bday to our dearest mandu ... sorry i mean ahn chic..i keep forgetting she hates being called mandu ^^

this bday hasnt had the ideal setting but wonderfuls are celebrating your special day for sure...

btw...Sunye is already on a plane back to the usa...

i read from baidu saying that there's news from daum about sunye and sohee (no mention of the other girls, but i think they're all going back together) having already boarded the plane towards LA. Sunye should be back on stage in 5 days.

i have absolutely no idea if i should be happy or not that she's made such a decision. it's great that she's moving on with life, but THIS FAST?! Poor girl should have given herself more time to rest after having experienced the loss of her dearest father. she's made of flesh and blood, not metal. maybe she wanted to use work to help her get over things faster, idk, or maybe, it's just sunye being sunye, you know, the professional yet silly leader that we all know and love who doesnt want to burden her members.

Happy B-Day Mandu :wub: Even though we sad for sunye were still grateful for another year of your life :wub:

Sunye going back to the U.S? um I think someone should stop her....she might be acting out. She needs to face this now or else it will all spill out later. <3 I just want the best for her.

Guest UncleSam

Guys, it's now half a day since the burial & I think it is time to move forward.

Sunye has held fast in performing her duties as a daughter & will continue to formally mourn for some time, but life goes on.

The other WGs will fly back to America in the approaching hours (if they have not left already), if what Yoobin said is correct.

2AM may even take the same flight, unless they intend is to fly direct to Seattle a bit later to join the delayed opening of WG's 2nd US tour leg.

Daddy Min appeared to have had a Christian funeral.

But Korea is also a Confucianist society &, depending on how traditional her kinship clan is, I think Sunye may need to stay back to carry out certain filial piety rites (erecting tombstone, consecrating ancestral tablet, make daily offerings, etc. Supposedly 3 or 5 days, always an odd number.)

Who knows, she may even fly with 2AM direct to Seattle later (if that is the plan). On paper, I think there is enough time to do this.

Aw wrong click.

Guest UncleSam

Guys, it's now half a day since the burial & I think it is time to move forward.

Sunye has held fast in performing her duties as a daughter & will continue to formally mourn for some time, but life goes on.

The other WGs will fly back to America in the approaching hours (if they have not left already), if what Yoobin said is correct.

2AM may even take the same flight, unless they intend is to fly direct to Seattle a bit later to join the delayed opening of WG's 2nd US tour leg.

Daddy Min appeared to have had a Christian funeral.

But Korea is also a Confucianist society &, depending on how traditional her kinship clan is, I think Sunye may need to stay back to carry out certain filial piety rites (erecting tombstone, consecrating ancestral tablet, make daily offerings, etc. Supposedly 3 or 5 days, always an odd number.)

Who knows, she may even fly with 2AM direct to Seattle later (if that is the plan). On paper, I think there is enough time to do this.

We are all emotional right now, but let's gently try to move on ...

For openers, this news photo made the morning papers in SG. Hope it helps lift everyone's morale.

The Best thing we can do is to leave the encouraging message to Sunye. Let her do the things as normal people would do. "Mourn and Recover" Leave all the opinionated advice and let it be.

For the record, even though Korea is a society strongly influenced by Confucian philosophy(family oriented, authoritarian hierarchy, and etc), we Christian do not practice the Confucian Ceremonial Rituals or any other religions.

Guest Misakoluvs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOHEE! YOU ARE OFFICALLY 18 NOW. HEHEH. CAN GO CLUBBING ALR. :P JUST KIDDING HEHEHE. AWWWW,OUR SOHEE HAS GROWN! :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LUVYOU,SARANGHAE!

Guest butwal

AHN SOHEE MY ANGEL..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

cant believe ur just 18..

though its not a good time to celebrate because of ur leaders situation i hope u can at least enjoy ur birthday with ur sisters hehe..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN TO THE MOST CHARMING LADY OUT THERE IN KOREA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AHN SOHEE!

minahn <3

28ckom1.gif

42622922zx6tk8.jpg

120686025777040000ao3.gif

miso <3

miso.gif

hyunah+sohee <3

CA1TRR68.gif

soheun

200902121951251002_1.jpg

sobin

1228545182_7-1.jpg?w=197

5tvrz9.jpg

15dsxg2.jpg

1230089268_1.jpg

Happy birthday our dear Mandoo. You've grown to be a beauty! The promotions you did in korea last month were amazing. You've really broken out of that shell. It was lovely to see you laugh and talk a lot more. We love you very much & hope you have a wonderful birthday! Wonder Girls fighting!!!

Guest haneunyoung

c09612_petitcrown.jpg

Happy Birthday Sohee/Mandu!

I wish the jjang for you and the wonder girls!

I hope all your wishes will come true.

Sohee jjang!!!

21osrqu.jpg

1210413790_-1.jpg

wg1000thday.jpg

wg1000thday2.jpg

Guest so2heechul

It's still the 26th here. But it should be the 27th in Korea now, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOHEE! YOU ARE AN ADULT NOW!

Guest Stephy18

HAPPY 18TH/19TH BIRTHDAY SOHEE!!!

Our mandoo magnae is growing up to become such a beauty.

So_hee.jpg

sohee1301ks8.png

sohee-090128.jpg

26cd690184.jpg

sohee22ph5.jpg

sohee3.jpg

So+Hee.jpg

200907271454571001_1.jpg

20081105_Sohee3.jpg

Anh+Sohee+of+Wonder+Girls.jpg

157231.jpg

sohee38.jpg

n15071148721_2842.jpg

20080819-wg-sohee1-small.jpg

By the way, have we decided what to tag or tweet for sohee's birthday yet? Is there a certain time planned to start tweeting?

Also I notice that one of the easier ways for something to become TT on tweeter is by retweeting someone's tweet. If that tweet gets 100+ retweets then its more likely that it might get TT. So the more tweets with 100+ retweets, the better the chances. So if the big tweeter accounts with larger followings like WonderSpec, Wonderfulsworld, Wonderfacts, or whatever tweets something with whatever the tag we decided, then wonderfuls should retweet it as much as possible. Just a thought and suggestion.

It's not the 27th here in America yet...but since it is in Korea, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDU SOHEE UNNIE!!!! :) I can't believe you are 18 already! Wow. I hope you are happy on your birthday, and I know it's hard to celebrate it because of the death of Sunye's father, but still feel special because you are now a year older. I love you! Wonderfuls love you! :) Happy Birthday. :) (I will be making a video, just give me some time, I've been busy recently helping my aunt and uncle move into their new house, so yeah...) :)

Sunye be strong. We love you! I know that you want to see the pictures, and stuff but we should respect Sunye's wishes of no pictures and not spread them around. So yeah...

Wonder Girls Fighting!

~Linda~

Guest qoxie

For the record, even though Korea is a society strongly influenced by Confucian philosophy(family oriented, authoritarian hierarchy, and etc), we Christian do not practice the Confucian Ceremonial Rituals or any other religions.

No, that's a sweeping statement. Confucianism is not a religion like Christianity.

It is also culturally ingrained in Asia, with Korea remaining the most ritualistic of the Oriental societies, partly cuz martial law did not end there until 1981 (i.e. less than one generation ago).

When WG wear hanboks, bow to their seniors, call each other unni/donsaeng, celebrate coming of age, etc. they are practicing Korean Confucianism.

Ditto when Sunye wore her mourning hanbok, the white burlap hair ribbon, kept vigil for 3 days (a moral duty; different context from the Western religious vigil), wailed emphatically (to express guilt over lack of filial piety to the departed), etc.

These are all traditional customs & ceremonial practices which does not interfere with her or their religiosity.

- - - - - - - -

I sense everyone is mellowing out, so let's catch up a bit with the interim WG news.

(Been tweeting the info over the last 3 days instead, so some of you have already seen them.)

WG's trip to the Jakarta orphanage was apparently to present a monetary donation on behalf of Sony Ericsson.

http://orinneko.word...n-wonder-girls/

Nice article about rise of K-pop in Japan. WG albums rank #3 & #4 at HMV Japan despite not targeting the market.

http://sonems.blogsp...ops-look-at.htm

papierdoll.net (a Canadian fashion mag) revisited WG wearing 1960s fashion in 2008.

http://www.papierdol...rls-circa-2008/

A 35-second fancam of the WG episode on Indonesia's ANTV channel. Not sure if the full half-hour show is uploaded since.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MajhXyUT7eo

Tiffany in Kimchiland's belated account of the WG SG press conference. I love the "Yoobin has Epik High's phone number" mention -- she is so sociable!

http://tiffanykimchi...by-sony_26.html

K-World Style (fashion blog): Sunye wore Guess Kennedy lace platforms on 2DT album cover.

http://kworldstyle.b...wo-guesses.html

Eiffel in Seoul (fashion blog): Sohee wears Cutler & Gross x Giles Deacon.

http://eiffelinseoul...er-gross-x.html

WG won the last Musiqtone poll (4 consecutive weeks now). A strong weekend surge again overtook Katy Perry to win by 14,478.

http://vote.sparklit...l.spark/1117686

Some catching up to do in the new poll cycle, though. WG is 9,000 votes behind through Saturday.

http://www.musiqtone...count/index.php

Free WG pencil case with new issue of HK's Yes!Magazine. Total 6 designs: 2 Kpop (the other features Suju) & 4 Mandopop artistes.

http://www.yesmagazi...hk/default.aspx

i26e4l.png

WG on front cover of Taiwan's Onlinegame Biweekly 電玩双週刊 magazine.

2cr0xt4.jpg

Happy birthday, Sohee!

STAY STRONG LEADER MIN :(

Wonderfuls are never gonna leave your side.

RIP to Mr. Min :((

jz6zib.jpg

And Happy 18th Birthday to our mandoo~

AN adult now~ Wish you all the best! ^^

80272184x.jpg

Archived