Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest tiffanydawn

^

^ dear qoxie, thanks for explaining everything. you're a genius. ;)

The “real” music battle starts in May?

Even though we’re already seeing a competition of comebacks from many artists including Rain and Lee Hyori, it’s looking like the month of May will be just as competitive as April, if not more.

With the two top stars likely going to dominate this month and June’s FIFA World Cup approaching, many artists are looking to aim May as their comeback. After all, it’d be wise to avoid competition with Rain & Lee Hyori in April and also stay away from the dates of June 11th – July 11th, when Koreans will have their eyes glued to broadcasts of the FIFA World Cup.

It is also now speculated that 2PM, who is planning to comeback at the end of April, will push back their comeback date to May instead of April because of Rain and Lee Hyori’s delay of comeback from the naval ship tragedy.

Artists who are scheduling to comeback in May include the Wonder Girls (May 15th), SS501 (May 1st), 2NE1, 4minute, Se7en and Son Dambi.

Son Dambi for one has pushed her comeback twice – first she scheduled her return for March, then delayed to April, and is now shooting for a date in May. Regarding the delays, her agency stated, “It’s not because of the naval ship tragedy; it’s because we want to make Son Dambi’s album more complete and perfect.”

Wonder Girls, who originally planned to come back in April, will release their U.S debut album in countries around the world, including Korea, on May 15th. The girls are planning to cross promote between America and Korea.

One of the related sources from the music industry speculated, “In my opinion, it’s useless to waste your energy coming back in April. A lot of the agencies are organizing their artists to comeback in May. In this coming May, we will see one of the fiercest gayo battles we’ve ever seen.”

May looks like it will be one heck of a busy month for our k-pop artists and groups.

source: allkpop

OMG IM FREAKING NERVOUS. aside from the groups mentioned, SJ will also have their comeback on May.

EDIT:

Yeeun twitter update:

WGyenny sleepy sleepy..... Zzzzzz wanna have a cup of cappuchino ---

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jyung01

I am lovin' yoobin's red hair! She looks SO HOT!!!!

Shame in the interview they had to taint her beautiful face with those lipstick colour thing ^^

Guest shar016

OMFG WG IS COMING TO INDO????

THIS IS GOOD NEWS. I'M GOING TO INDO IN JUNE TOO!!!

OMG TEARS OF JOY~~~ I'M SO HAPPY IF I COULD MEET THEM FOR THE SECOND TIME.

sorry for the capslock, so friggin excited!!!

Guest qoxie

Wow, Indonesia. Just an hour's flight away for me.

So fast too! I figured any Asian gig will happen only later in the year (post-summer).

That Facebook account looks odd. Need to look around for more info ....

- - - - - - - - -

Found something after following a series of twitter (& twitterer) links.

This is from the Wonderlandonesia forum (Indonesian WFs). It is Google-translated so excuse the imperfect grammar & the occasional Bahasa language.

It's June 19, & WG is going to fly over from SG!

For all the wonderful attention in Indonesia.

on 19 June 2010 10:30 from singapore Wonder Girls will arrive at the Soekarno-Hatta airport in Jakarta, in the framework of a mini concert, which in seponsori by sony ericsson.

Because the concert tickets are not sold, then the way they invite the audience is to invite the community to follow-up lomba2 held within the framework of the arrival of Sony Ericsson WG, Date 1-31 May 2010. So participants must be "friends" with SE at FB fulu site. Race:

1. Imitating MV "Nobody" was recorded and uploaded on Sony Ericsson FB antecedent. There will be a Group 2 winner (masing2 membered 5 people) that can be 10 tickets to a concert. Thus, participants made a music video as closely as possible with WG in their clips. One winner chosen by viewers and the second by the SE.

2. Create Fan personal page dedicated to WG and later linked to the FB SE. Traffic to this page should be an active fan, the news should be up to date, creative, excited, a lot of friends, many komennya. Winners of only 1 person selected by the SE, can 5 concert tickets.

My advice: if you want to date concert ticket who were held June 20 night in jakarta (location not specified), all worthy follow-up wonderful race because all participants will be 1 ticket! Including a member of dance group video "Nobody" can be one.

What should be done by the Wonderfuls are:

1. membersnya organized for the occasion greeting at the airport, hotels, etc.

2. members organized in the concert venue: whether pake dress burgundy color, burgundy balloon or carry (in other negara2 like this), make yell2 and uniform, etc.

3. organize this meeting in Jakarta last April (it can be covered by the media) and show how enthusiastic wonderfuls in Indonesia. Holds acara2 like quiz, dance competition lagu2 WG (not just the song Nobody closed), etc.. Create seseru possible. If you can record the show, and later handed over to SunYe diCDkan during a press conference with the WG!

O yes, the winner will be announced at the press con with the WG! Even be found! So, GET excited, guys!

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...9TPU3gNBv7AAyeQ

- - - - - - - - - -

Re: 2AM supporting WG's tour

Jo Kwon subsequently tweeted Sunye after doing the same to Yeeun in response to the tour news.

What's going on?

5n0ruw.png

Guest qoxie

Pirated(?) WG covers of China tuition textbooks.

I actually found their website online & it looks an impressive business, but can't find these books in their catalog.

2crprh0.png

Source: Baidu Wondergirls

- - - - - - - - - -

A Taiwanese entrepreneur (the country is full of them) is selling commemorative WG T-shirts at Wretch.cc (Taiwan's biggest blog community & the 2nd most-visited local portal behind Yahoo Taiwan, according to wiki).

Some of the designs remind me of what the Fan*tastics wore last year.

There's over 80 pages of T-shirt webpages to skim through, so use AutoPager or something.

11h3vbr.png

Source: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gogosupply

Quick summary of the above: round-neck short-sleeve tees; male & female cuts; black & white shirt colors; black, white & pink lettering colors (can mix & match). Plus 5 design series (4 of them depicted above, in pink):

- I Love WG collection (I 'Heart' Sunye, etc. including for Hae Lim & Sun Mi)

- WG Star collection ('Wonder Girls' only)

- WG Songs collection (Nobody, Tell Me, So Hot)

- WG Team collection (with Hae Lim but not Sun Mi)

- WG Person collection (not shown here, but similar to the WG Star collection with a member's name replacing 'Wonder Girls'. Including for Sun Mi but not Hae Lim.)

Guest sunmikiwangjang

It's from KBS 2TV's Guerilla Date yesterday. OMG..the girls are really dorky...haha..

Thanks for the link.

Wondergeneration.

I really hope to see these two groups together again.

Wow wonder girls are going to taiwan and indonesia.

I really hope after the album promotions they will get time to rest individually.

Guest qoxie

Singaporean singer Jocie Kok (Guo Mei Mei) remade Tell Me for her new album which was released recently.

I saw the album in the stores this past week. Quite curious now to seek a listening station to hear what it sounds like. (Can't find any uploads online yet.)

She's a somewhat polemical singer, cuz music fans either love or hate her for making a career out of popularizing foreign songs into the Chinese Eurodisco genre.

Her own Tell Me remake is also kinda redundant now that WG has recorded their own version. But still, this has piqued my interest ...

Source: http://mycrazyhunter.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_10.html

Translation of highlighted segment:

$500,000 to make new album

Warner Music has heroically plunged 10 million Taiwan dollars (about 500,000 dollars) on the pricey production. Jocie Kok performed song remakes again in her new album 'I Am Jocie', on this occasion K-pop groups WONDERGIRLS's 'Tell Me' & DAVICHI's '8282'.

After inserting Chinese lyrics, the 2 songs became 'Nuisance' & lead single 'Call Me.' In venturing the song-remake route again, Jocie was self-confident: "It is not my first time. I have been doing this from the beginning. As long as I feel I am singing what I like, it is not a problem.'

- - - - - - - - - -

I tweeted this the other day, then forgot to post the link here.

The 'Ask A Korean' blog wrote this long introduction (as titled below) to an as-yet unlaunched article series.

WG's music was mentioned as critically representative of the 2000s decade.

The blogger (T.K. Park) profiles himself as "a Korean-American living in New York. He lived in Seoul until he was 16, then moved to Los Angeles area".

He is very opinionated in answering Korean-related questions sent in by readers, even rubbing some the wrong way.

I have excerpted out the relevant portion, & look forward to his rankings for & opinions of JYP/WG.

50 Most Influential K-Pop Artists Series: Introduction & Brief History

http://askakorean.blogspot.com/2010/04/50-...op-artists.html

2000s

The artistic scene of the 2000s did not necessarily change dramatically from 1990s. What did change dramatically, however, is what happened behind the scenes. For lack of a better word, music business in Korea became “corporate.” As it became apparent that there is big money to be made in music business, the process for discovering, evaluating, packaging and presenting talent has become standardized and commercialized. The leaders of management companies like SM Entertainment or JYP Entertainment were considered serious businessmen instead of free-flowing artists. Instead of merely guessing (or doing what they want, which is worse for business,) they gauged what people wanted in a sophisticated manner and packaged their talent accordingly. The result is something like this: Nobody by Wonder Girls.

With the backing of capital, these management companies were able to venture outside of Korea for the first time. And so, “K-pop” (in the narrower sense of the word) was born. New talents were shaped and molded specifically with the aim of appealing to non-Korean audience. For example, BoA (produced by SM Entertainment) was sent to Japan at age 12 so that she may learn Japanese; she later released albums in both Korean and Japanese, and topped the charts in both countries. Similarly produced K-pop artists would come to dominate Asian pop culture.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

its been ages since i last posted in this thread. ^^

I wonder why Kwon just tweets 2AM!! to SunYe and to YeEun (?) I guess he really wants to guest at their concerts. Aww... =(

I found some recent pics of Sun Mi.

Credits: Wonderholic+*bluebutterfly*@wgspectacle

Guest songbird86

^Aw there's our sweet 4D girl

I hope she's doing alright, she looks well. I love her "Emily the Strange" cardigan. Are people asking for her autograph? I'm happy to see people supporting, I can't wait to hear her sing again.

Guest Mia_Mia

^

^

Everyones favourite 4D girl <3 . Is she wearing an emily strange cardigan? (lol.. seen both Sunye and Sunmi wearing stuff from that brand).. cayute! So happy to see our Mimi again :wub: .... is she back to her hometown or is she studying in seoul?

Guest valentino_rossi46

OMG, Sun Mi Our super beautiful and cute baby is back .... for a long time already

Wanna hear more good news from her, but im sure she is happy right now, with her family by her side, when you ready, be comeback :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/244t8b6.jpg

The women behind her, is this her mom ? I remembered her mom's message to the reporter, such a awesome mom

Guest llborderline

^kyaaaaaaa my sunmi ah!!!!!!! gosh i miss her so much! sunmi ah~

looks like shes at school or something!

so happy to see her!!!

@valentino_rossi4... nope i dont think its her mom i saw her mom

on mtv season 3 on her middle school graduation and the lady behind

her doesnt look like her mom.

edit: she was taking highschool diploma exam! go sunmi jjang!

aowwww sunmi ahhhh i miss you so much

thanks for sharing

hope 2am will be guests in this tour too

and i hop they will come to promote in thailand again .... eieiei

Guest Mia_Mia

fan account about Sunmi... it seems she was there for a test (?) ... the topic is already getting a lot of attention from netizens .. they spoke about how Sunmi looked like a goddess (of course!!) and how in the cold weather she was wearing shorts with stockings... I think they even mentioned sunmi's mom so that might be her in the picture at the back..

이거 방금 모습이에요~!

시험끝나고 나가는모습 한 4시40분경쯤됬을듯?

옆반에 선미가 시험치러 왔다는 말 듣고 에이~ 이러면서 안 믿으면서

갔는데 진짜 선미가 있는거에요! 그때는 폰을 거둬서 못찍어서 시험 끝나고

싸인도 받고 선미 직찍으로 찍었어요 ㅠㅠㅠ 쉬는시간마다 싸인공세에

계속 싸인만 했고요..그래도 얼굴 안찡그리고 계속 싸인해줬어요 ㅠ착함ㅠㅠ

갈때 엄마?로추정되는분이랑 같이 나가서 차타고 슝 갔어요!

아 선미 추운데 반바지에 스타킹입고왔던데 아 다리도 여신이고 얼굴도 여신이고 ㅠ

피부완전뽀얗더라구요 ㅠㅠ전여자인데 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

반했어요 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

source: http://tvzonebbs6.media.daum.net/griffin/d...p;searchValue=5

Archived