Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest i.said.goodbye

don't forget what they wrote about Lim. 'push-over' / 'fit in'?

okayy those comments were totally unnecessary. are they trying to gain sympathy or be funny or something?

cos it fails in all aspects.

So true!!!

I noticed that as well! I don't think she's a push over at all! it's just that she probably doesn't know where she stands yet with fans so of course she's nervous. It really upsets me that the put in such a negative line for both Lim and Yubin.

They called Sunye a party pooper? I don't know if that is as negative as what they said about Lim and Yubin but I still don't like it. I think Sunye knows when it's time to work and when it's time to have some fun and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mia_Mia

They make it seem like Yubin has this huge weight problem or something., give the girls a break a break she only noticeably gained weight that one time!!! And she's back to her old self... She's gorgeous and has always been gorgeous!

The bit bout Lim seems like everyone is bullying the poor thing.. A real stupid thing to show fans who are trying to accept the new 5

Why didn't they just say that Sunye is as interesting as chalk or that she is blander than bland.. Because it sure sounds like they think that way about her.. She has no fin or maybe they think she isnt any fun.,, party pooper?? Pretty sick of the image they've been trying to push on Sunye... The wet blanket in the otherwise fun loving group

They make it seem like Yubin has this huge weight problem or something., give the girls a break a break she only noticeably gained weight that one time!!! And she's back to her old self... She's gorgeous and has always been gorgeous!

The bit bout Lim seems like everyone is bullying the poor thing.. A real stupid thing to show fans who are trying to accept the new 5

Why didn't they just say that Sunye is as interesting as chalk or that she is blander than bland.. Because it sure sounds like they think that way about her.. She has no fin or maybe they think she isnt any fun.,, party pooper?? Pretty sick of the image they've been trying to push on Sunye... The wet blanket in the otherwise fun loving group

Guest hyuksu

Wow, is the newsletter real? A bad April Fools' joke?

Yeeun's comment about being the party girl isn't all that great either. Only Sohee had something nice said about her from beginning to end.

Guest qoxie

Please , please help , it's really useful if anyone can help , i'm doing an assignment that relate to Wonder Girls:

How WG distribute their album across Taiwan, China, US and other country ?? what's distribution channels ??

What are digital distribution channels ?? please give me the link to access to their album in these channels (US, Taiwan, China, Phillipe ...) ??

Is Sony Ericson provide free music of them in the phone ? it consider for PROMOTION or DISTRIBUTION ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

If correct, JYPE issued the following licenses for domestic CD releases/distribution. Those that were sold elsewhere were imported from these sources.

• The Wonder Begins EP (mini album) = Seoul Records. Brief intro: http://bit.ly/baUjAI

• The Wonder Years LP (full album) = Seoul Records.

• So Hot EP = LOEN Entertainment (Seoul Records renamed.) http://bit.ly/bYu5VD

• The Wonder Years Trilogy EP = LOEN Entertainment.

• Nobody (US) single, remixes & releases = no distributor, but retailing at Justice stores. No info yet on the upcoming new LP.

• Taiwan Special Edition LP = Universal Music Group (Taiwan). http://bit.ly/9Bbd2T Blog: http://bit.ly/9dCgoZ

• Hong Kong Special Edition LP = Universal Music Group (Hong Kong). http://bit.ly/dy2grV

• China Special Edition LP = Starsing Records 星外星唱片 (Guangzhou, China) http://bit.ly/a10fxQ Their WG page: http://bit.ly/cyrZvI

The various digital channels are quite murky, beyond obvious established brands like iTunes & Amazon.

Can't help you in this area, cuz Asian countries have different (or no) intellectual-property laws for cyberspace.

Doubt WG has any exclusive deals with Sony Ericsson's mobile music service

If they did package as much, it's likely part of the normal content bundling. (DISTRIBUTION, in this sense.)

Rather, WG's relationship with them is a corporate one, i.e. BRAND ENDORSEMENT ("Digital Ambassadors").

- - - - - - - -

Hahaha, the Good And Bad Example of Sunmi Part 1 collage is so funny.

She's going to make a lot of new friends at school with her personality.

Guest onedaymaniac

-sunye a party pooper?no way.she's the hardworking one but i bet she must atleast have fun too.

-the article makes yoobin seems like a huge weight problem.she's a hot n smexy girl ok.n she has the honey tight!

-lim...poor her.it's not like everyone is bullying her.gosh,all she need is time.

way to go wondergirls.they've been hiatus from kpop for 1 year but still they can maintain their position among the girl group!

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

Man.. are you sure that the newsletter wasn’t written by an anti under the cover of a fan? I’ve never seen more indirect bashing than what was written in the newsletter. What the heck was that author talking about? <_<

I just detest it when people keep on harping on Yoo Bin’s weight. Hasn’t she already lost quite a conspicuous amount of weight already? Plus what’s wrong with a healthy looking woman? I’d rather Yoo Bin look normal & healthy than be a toothpick.

As usual it’s Sun Ye who is getting the blame of being a wet blanket. Party pooper? Yeah because Sun Ye is serious and is focused on her work it instantly makes her a party pooper? Perhaps it would be better if Sun Ye turns into an irresponsible leader who doesn’t give a damn about her band or her work.

And labelling Ye Eun as a party girl? Um yeah. Is that sarcasm masked under that ‘compliment’? Lim.. poor dear. A pushover? She hasn’t even had enough experience as a Wonder Girl yet and she’s already been labelled a pushover.

Thank goodness at least that person didn’t criticise or say something negative about So Hee. Reading about the other four members already ruined my day.

Is that author really a Wonderful? I’d actually say out aloud what I’d like to do to him/her but I shall refrain from ranting because I’m a polite Wonderful who doesn’t want to stoop to this person’s level.

Guest llborderline

whoever wrote wonder girls profiles on the newsletter

obviously dont know wonder girls at all! and uses the WRONG

words to describe them.

party pooper? leader min is the perfect leader she knows

when is the time to have fun and when is the time to work.

party girl? yeeun is sociable and very outgoing

but it doesnt mean shes a "party girl"!

fit in? lim is working extra hard not to fit in but to catch up.

and that doesnt make her a pushover!

and i kinda dont get the description of sohee... O_o

sohee is a trendsetter because whatever she wears and do

becomes popular and it becomes a trend!

but this....

"unlike other girls, she has problems with staying in shape...."

say whut?!?!?! yubin's weight is not a problem! but people who think it is,

IS the one who has a problem! excuse me!

oh my gosh JYPe next time make one of us WonderFuls

write their profiles! lol

Guest Celangel

Are you sure it's an official JYP WG newsletter??? What kinda PR or editor do they have to write such stuff about their very own most profitable product?? Mr. JYP forgot to proof-read the article before it got out or he thought he was reading his own personal message to the girls??

Guest qoxie

Taiwan reports on the WG news.

mtmhyo.png

Source: Liberty Times

WONDERGIRLS to invade Taiwan on April 21 with their dance power

2010-4-3 Reporter Lin Hsiao-Chuan Lin / summary

Popular South Korean girl group WONDERGIRLS became famous with 'Nobody'. Their special collection album is doing brisk sales in Taiwan. To thank the fans, they have freed up time & will visit Taiwan on April 21 for 4 days & 3 nights.

WONDERGIRLS's management company said that after adding new member Lim, the girls are currently in South Korea to ready their new album. Upon learning the 'Nobody' dance has set off an imitation craze in Taiwan, the members wanted to personally come here, & also take the opportunity for some sightseeing.

[Last paragraph is not WG-related & thus untranslated.]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

s5z3n6.png

Source: Yahoo Taiwan

WONDERGIRLS is looking forward to dance 'Nobody' together with Taiwan fans

Update: 2010/04/02 14:25

Special correspondent Jian Liyan / summary

Spring is here, & Hallyu (Korean Wave) flourishes even more! Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS is famous throughout Taiwan for 'Nobody'. They have confirmed their April 21 to 23 trip to Taiwan for a 4-day, 3-night promotional trip. [We] can finally see the worshipped's true identities.

Their Lunar New Year-launched WONDERGIRLS Special Edition album has sold exceptionally well. Despite a hectic schedule, they were able to overcome the odds to come to Taiwan, so as to experience the tidal wave created. Last year, they concentrated on the American market, but were able to update the fans on the Internet. The team members also saw the fans' messages, & being overseas did not made them inattentive in interacting with everyone.

For this 4-day, 3-night trip, their record label said they are currently still discussing where to go, which booking to accept, etc. But what WONDERGIRLS wishes the most for is to dance 'Nobody But You' with their Taiwan fans, & to take opportunity to roam the island.

24uxa8g.png

Source: China Times

WONDERGIRLS is coming to Taiwan, to expose the copycats

2010-04-03 Zhang Shida / summary

Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS swept Asia last year with 'Nobody'. From variety shows to year-end banquets, Taiwan also endured unending copycat performances, but a genuine album hit the market only in the new year. Pirated downloads were already prominent long ago, yet the official album successfully moved close to 40,000 copies. The girls were ecstatic. They will visit Taiwan for the first time from April 21 to 24 for a 4-day, 3-night promotional tour. They will personally experience the fans' enthusiasm, & hopefully also the WONDERGIRLS copycats on the various TV shows for a showdown.

lbatj.png

Source: Central News Agency (Taiwan)

WONDERGIRLS will visit Taiwan to dance 'Nobody'

Update: 2010/04/02 19:17

(Central News Agency reporter Cai Xinhua Taipei April 2 cable) Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS swept Asia with their dynamic dance song 'Nobody'. After progressing into America & Southeast Asia, they will visit Taiwan on April 21 & hope to personally dance 'Nobody' with everyone.

Universal Music said today that WONDERGIRLS's 'Nobody' is famous throughout Taiwan, while topping G-Music, Five Music & other charts. Their new 'Taiwan Special Edition' album is also a bestseller. They decided to come to Taiwan from April 21 to 24 to personally thank the fans.

'Nobody' not only captured the Asian markets, but also successfully entered the American charts. WONDERGIRLS had spent almost all their time last year promoting across America. Universal Music divulged that even as their journey was jam-packed, they constantly updated the fans through the Internet.

Their management company also revealed that the currently American-based WONDERGIRLS has returned to Korea to ready their new album. After adding new member Lim, they hope to release new material & to implement promotional plans as soon as possible. Knowing Taiwan to have a lot of fans, they expressly found the time to personally come to meet up, & to roam around the island.

Guest WGkeon

The news letter is from JYPE themselves, i think theres no need to make a big fuss about it. I guess its most likely written by a korean who dont really know what those words true meaning are.

Maybe a Wonderful can explain it to them or maybe write a draft for them.

OHYA and about yoobin's weight and shape, dont blame them if people think she is not slim or anything

coz asians tend to be smaller size den westerners, so if she doesnt look slim enough she's stands out too much from the other girls in other girl groups. So just let it go, thats our culture.

And looking slim doesnt mean she's is unhealthy or anything, coz size doesnt mean anything at all.

Coz she may even be healthier den us when she is slim,

Have u guys ever seen or read what idols eat?

They eat fruits and lean meat all day long, looking at this i think they are healthier den most of us healthy looking people out there.

So dont aruge over them look like toothpick or anything anymore, they are infact healthier den us if u comapre their diet to ours.

Guest qoxie

10wikhy.png

The others [abbreviated, click on the link for the full article]

9. Yoon Do Hyun Band, 'Oh! Pilsung, Korea'

8. Kim Bum Soo, 'Bo Go Ship Da' ('I Miss You')

7. S-Blush, 'It's My Life'

6. TVXQ (Dong Bang Shin Gi), 'The Way U Are'

5. Jewelry, 'One More Time'

4. H.O.T., 'Candy'

3. Big Bang, 'Lies'

2. Rain, 'It's Raining'

1. Seo Taiji, 'Nan Arayo' ('I Know')

Source: http://www.shoutcastblog.com/2010/04/03/top-kpop-songs/

The news letter is from JYPE themselves, i think theres no need to make a big fuss about it. I guess its most likely written by a korean who dont really know what those words true meaning are.

Maybe a Wonderful can explain it to them or maybe write a draft for them.

OHYA and about yoobin's weight and shape, dont blame them if people think she is not slim or anything

coz asians tend to be smaller size den westerners, so if she doesnt look slim enough she's stands out too much from the other girls in other girl groups. So just let it go, thats our culture.

And looking slim doesnt mean she's is unhealthy or anything, coz size doesnt mean anything at all.

Coz she may even be healthier den us when she is slim,

Have u guys ever seen or read what idols eat?

They eat fruits and lean meat all day long, looking at this i think they are healthier den most of us healthy looking people out there.

So dont aruge over them look like toothpick or anything anymore, they are infact healthier den us if u comapre their diet to ours.

1. i would think that since it's suppose to be focused on international fans it was written by a native english speaker, maybe korean american, but i don't think it would be a straight up korean from korea :unsure:.

2. culture difference is no excuse. we KNOW what the girls are up to. these news letters seem to be more for new wg fans that they've garnered in the states so they would need to make the newsletter understandable to THOSE fans, not us. and even if the person had the idea that asians should be slim, they're trying to "sell" our girls to look good, why would you tell someone that she's got a weight problem or something like that IN AN INTRO <_<?

3. oh yes, i'm well aware of kpop "diets". yes, eating healthy foods is great, but you still have to eat a certain amount. giving these idols such low calorie amounts isn't all that healthy, no matter what they put in their mouths. and yoobin said it herself that she is HEALTHIER NOW than she was back when she was stick-skinny.

4. don't mean to counter-post, but there's really no use defending the writers. just hopefully they've read/seen/heard that us more knowledgeable wonderfuls noticed the bad use of subject and this problem with the profiles won't happen again (since it's not something hard to change when the next newsletter comes out).

Guest WGkeon

^^

u totally got the wrong meaning of my post.

1) i didnt mean to defend the writer, i just wnat soemone to send them a correction or something.

2) my post is to let ppl know that international wonderfuls should not mind so much about ppl commenting on the girls shape and weight, coz thats how asian look at asians. U cant change that at all, coz our body size to westerners are too different, when to u guys they are stick thin but to us they look great, when to u guys they look healthy but to us they look unattractive.

Thats how majority asians define attactiveness. I hope this settles everything.

The newletters was ODD , I just don't get why they would add the whole "have problem with her shade" on Yoobin info. It

got nothing to do with what Yoobin can offer in her music or her stand in the wonder girls. It like JYPE didn't even bother

to proof read it. Plus calling Lim a push over? o.O wth . . someone need to correct the person who wrote it, seriously!

Anyway if 4minute making a comeback around the same time as the girls then Yay! I can't wait to see them together.

I'm super happy that the girls get to join in the whole girl group craze in Korea at least

Guest dorisawq

WG and BigBang attending Dream Concert!

ohman, can we have some WONDERBANG interactions then? pls pls.

^

as much I LOVE WonderBang but this is not a place for shipping~

u can go to Wonderbang forum site to ship~~ :)

I totally dont get that newsletter~~ whats up bringing up Yoobin's weight problem~ <_<

Binnie is looking major hot and beautiful like always and I love unnie so much~

rather than seeing her as a toothpick I rather see her healthy and happy~~!! :)

Guest Stephy18

WTH...who wrote those new descriptions. I know they want to be real. But they could have chosen better words.

Some of the word choices were really unnecessary and have some bad connotations to them. I wish they would change it. I dont like it at all and it actually makes the girls look bad. Seriously, WTH wrote that. I'm pissed.

But on the brighter side, I super excited to hear that they will visit Taiwan. I've seen lots of Nobody covers on YT from Taiwan and it looks like nobody is really popular there. Man, Taiwan Wonderfuls are so lucky. Hope lost of them show up to support. I want to see lots of pictures and videos. Also hope to see them on 100% Entertainment with host Show Luo. He loves WG and nobody and he promotes that song all the time. He is a HUGE FANBOY!! Plus that show is popular and it would give the girls lots of exposure

Guest candycorn

ahhhhhhh dream concert! that's in may i think. so we don't have too much waiting to go!

only about one... more... month. it's okay! we can live. :).

by the way, that newsletter was so uncalled for...

calling lim a push over does not help anyone with trying to accept all 5 as a group.

and yoobin with her weight.. although some people may think it's true, i don't think it's right to put it up as her official profile.

i also think yeeun with the party girl was not a good thing to write and sunye as a partypooper.. what!

that whole profile needs to be fixed -_____-.

Archived