Axis Powers Hetalia

kuroxkitsuneX3

Probably the funniest WWII Japanese web-comic on earth...
I can't believe no one has made a topic on this yet but here it goes....

Axis Powers Hetalia (ヘタリア Axis Powers, Hetalia Axis Powers)

15100.jpg

It was created by Hidekaz Himaruya in 2003 as an ongoing Japanese webcomic and has gained popularity since then, becoming a tankobon (a book), a drama cd, and on Jan. 24th, an anime. Each character represents a country (though they each have their own names as well). The main arc focuses on N. Italy, Germany, and Japan during WWII while the other stories involving the countries/characters' interactions range from past to present. Hetalia comes from the Japanese word for useless (hetare) and Italy.

Main Website (Japanese) Index of Scanlations (English)

LJ Community (English)

Chapter 1

My opinion: It's a really funny (yet true) look on history and stereotypes of the countries. It shouldn't be taken seriously, but it's really fun to read. There were times that I literally burst out laughing. Hidekaz Himaruya is a genius for creating this. laugh.gif

Opinions/thoughts/comments anyone? smile.gif

Anime Episodes: 52

514842.jpg

Five_Allied_Powers_of_Hetalia.png

Guest Mirae-chan

I've seen so much fanwank over this series and have had no idea what it even was until you posted this thread -- so thanks, I suppose. xD

I was wondering when someone would make an APH thread <3

Yeah, there's a lot of wank over Hetalia, but that won't stop me from liking it orz.

Does anyone else think that HRE = Kid Germany :|

I was wondering when someone would make an APH thread <3

Yeah, there's a lot of wank over Hetalia, but that won't stop me from liking it orz.

Does anyone else think that HRE = Kid Germany :|

LOL It's been said that that area became Germany but yeah I can see it personality wise lol.

^^ Err, you're welcome? XD

• 2 weeks later...

I just got into Hetalia lately. too bad Norway is not in it yet :s

I've seen some sketches of Norway. and I have no clue why he's wearing a sailor uniform and have a fairy on his shoulder... none of those is very norwegianish o.O But oh well I better be happy that she even made Norway, hehe

and why have sweden and finland and not norway and denmark. arg. Norway and Sweden is just as much involved with each other as Finland and sweden is. it's like only 103 years since Norway were in union with sweden. bah

hehe woot I'm babbeling

• 3 months later...
Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Hetalia was on my "animes to watch today" list...

and so yeah... it's kind of cool and funny xD

Useless Italy lol. i think i'm gonna add this on my "rewatch" list

right after i finish xD

and then i got to the ending song...and i'm like OMFG LOL-ING a lot. like, really hard!

it's the most adorable ending song that's sung by a male that i've ever heard.

like, idek... i'm replaying it over and over again xD

Guest kanyewong

LOL I LOVE HETALIA.

I like the anime better, because seeing Italy acting up is so funny. LOL PASTA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HETALIA :D I love this. I went around showing everyone [my housemates, my friends] this anime and trying to get them into it. I got a few people. It's soo hilarious and especially if you're a history buff, it's even better. This thread needs more love!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest noraexnorae

THIS. IS. MY. FAVORITE. THING. EVER.

I'm sooo in love with Prussia and Russia it's not even funny. I even cosplayed as China once randomly at school it was pretty darn epic.

Also, the korean character is so freakin korean hahahaa

• 4 months later...
Guest hwarang61

My favourite character is Deutsch! Because he is most like me, and I can associate myself with him. Outside of my internet personality, in real life I am a pretty serious guy. I am very organized and hard working, and it is hard for me to make new friends because I lack social knowledge.

Asides from liking Germany because of the similaries we share, my other favourite character is Russia. And Canada is awesome too only cause I live here! And although I'm Korean, I have yet to see Korea in the show O_o

Archived