Disney's High School Musical

tracycutie

who's seen it?
highschoolmusical19fn.jpg

Gabriella Montez is a shy, studious new student at East High School; but that all changes when she is forced to sing at a karaoke contest with Troy Bolton, the captain of the school's basketball team. After spending time with each other, both realize they share a passionate love for music and singing. But will they retain this love when their school is telling them they cannot be together?

it's supposed to be such a kid's cheesy movie but i dunno, i'm 19 and i really liked it a lot...and my brother who watched it with me liked it a lot too...i love the songs they are so catchy that you can't help singing along with them...

this came out a while ago but haven't checked if there's a thread...so who's seen it and what do you think about it?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pami_fizz

i saw it..twice hehe. but it is very cute and the songs really fit into the plot. gabrielle seems a lil bit too innocent but every thing else was awesome

Guest KuYA II

its an okay movie, i heard their is going to be a part 2. also, i didn't like gabrielle cuz she looks kind of annoying >>;;

Guest yoojini

^ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. you're talking about ashley tisdale or whatever her name is, right? i CAN'T stand her at all!!!! she's not pretty and her personality looks like her character in the movie. <_<

anyways, i guess i had my hopes up too high for this movie. it was kinda cute, but sometimes i kept forgetting they were in high school. don't they look like junior high kids?! lol~~ the main reason why i didn't like it was how they were exaggerating when they were singing. i mean...i don't know how to describe it, but i found it extremely annoying whenever they sang because it looked and sounded so fake. i guess i'm used to the older people in the older musicals like "Singin' in the Rain" and "The Sound of Music."

Guest mintiful

i love this movie.. this is one of my favorite disney movie.. lmao. and zac was a cutie!! :D i like the songs in this too.. :D

Guest Classic Example

It was an okay movie. Too predictable though. I heard the DVD is coming out but it's not one of those movies I would want to watch often.

Guest jamba bamba

All my COLLEGE friends loved this movie!

it's a cute movie and the songs are really good too. and gabriella is pretty

Guest yansi

i've seen it! and let me tell you, i really ejoyed it! my sister wants me to get her the dvd when it comes out lol

Guest heygingersnap

yeah, i admit watching this... >> it actually wasn't too bad and the singing was pretty good! good message too.

the only thing i didn't like was that troy's actor didn't do his own singing, but other than that, it was enjoyable. :P

Guest liltweekstar

i like this movie and the songs as well :unsure: and now im wondering what the sequel is gonna be like.

Guest itsf0'y0'mynd

haha we're doing the ending song for our Choir Spring Show lol...the movie was cheezy but i lyked the songs

Guest cpopbaby19

^ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. you're talking about ashley tisdale or whatever her name is, right? i CAN'T stand her at all!!!! she's not pretty and her personality looks like her character in the movie. <_<

anyways, i guess i had my hopes up too high for this movie. it was kinda cute, but sometimes i kept forgetting they were in high school. don't they look like junior high kids?! lol~~ the main reason why i didn't like it was how they were exaggerating when they were singing. i mean...i don't know how to describe it, but i found it extremely annoying whenever they sang because it looked and sounded so fake. i guess i'm used to the older people in the older musicals like "Singin' in the Rain" and "The Sound of Music."

lols. im waiting for this to be broadcasted at disney channel on my cable.. or is it? lmao. but anyways~

when i saw Ashley Tisdale, i thought she looked like Ashley Simpson!?! XD haha yeah, i have weird eyes.. iono why though...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silentdreamer016

Did anyone watch this movie yet?

i havent, im just waiting for it to come on disney channel :blush:

for anyone who doesnt know the story...

PLOTLINE: A musical, the movie tells the story of two polar opposites, Troy the basketball captain and Gabriella the shy brainiac, who try out for the lead parts in their school musical. Despite some students' attempts to thwart their dreams, Troy and Gabriella persist and inspire others along the way.

(from http://en.wikipedia.org)

The movie stars Zac Efron(From Summerland), Vanessa Anne Hudgens (From Thirteen), Ashley Tisdale (From the Suite like of Zack and Cody), and Lucas Grabeel (Im not realli sure where hes from). :sweatingbullets:

HSM.jpg

7477a.jpg

rhighschoolmusical.jpg

if u want more information, go on http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/ori...ical/index.html

p.s: sorry if theres already a thread on this. if there is, i couldnt see it :unsure:

Archived