[drama 2009] Cinderella Man 신데렐라맨

RiceGirl1212

Guest m4rshmall0w

Seriously, give the girl a chance to prove herself once again. It's not like the casting staff fired Han Hye Jin, she dropped the role herself. I'm sure many actress aren't interested in the role because of the low check that comes with it anyways.

I'm not sure how the movie is going to turn out but it sounds interesting since it's about fashion. :) I hope KSW comes back to his Stairway To Heaven days, he was a major hottie then! Still is ...just married. Hehe.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yoon Ah Cast As Kwon Sang Woo's Jailbait Love Interest"

February 11th, 2009 // by javabeans

This is such a bizarre pairing to me — Yoon-ah, actress and singer of pop group Girls Generation (SNSD), is being paired as love interest to Kwon Sang-woo (Bad Love). It’s weird, right?

There’s nothing wrong with either; it’s that they’re from entirely different spheres. The 33-year-old Kwon has been around forever and he’s entering that second phase of his career where he’s no longer the fresh young lead. Yoon-ah, on the other hand, is 14 years younger (at 19, she’s still jailbait) and is more affiliated with the youth and kpop markets.

The role comes in the upcoming drama Cinderella Man, which will follow Return of Iljimae on MBC. The fashion-themed series casts Yoon-ah as a fashion student studying in Paris, who returns to Korea upon her father’s death. She operates a stall in the Dongdaemun market (which is where Kwon’s character also works). The role had initially been offered to Terroir’s Han Hye-jin, but she dropped out of the project.

If you’re confused because Han Eun-jung was already cast as Kwon’s leading lady, that’s because he’s playing a dual role. Sounds like his main role is the poor Dongdaemun store owner, while the man who happens to look exactly like him is a chaebol/businessman of a major fashion corporation. The poor dude ends up posing as the rich dude in a take on “The Prince and the Pauper.” Hijinks ensue.

Yoon-ah gained some acting cred with her role in the family drama You’re My Destiny, which started strong and then came under fire as one of the worst dramas in recent memory, although opinions remained favorable for her performance. (The writing was what turned that drama insane.) Cinderella Man premieres in April and airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Via OSEN

credit: dramabeans

SNSD’s Yoona gets a diploma and a new drama

Girls’ Generation’s Yoona and Sooyoung finally got their diplomas. The two made time to attend their high school graduation held last February 11 despite their tight schedules. The girls were all smiles as they thanked their family and friends who celebrated this event with them.

College is the next step for these girls. Yoona will be attending Dongguk Univerity next semester, while fellow member Sooyoung will be at Joong Ang University. Both are taking up theater and music.

yoona_kwonsangwoo_20090211_seoulbeats.jpg

Aside from being a member of SNSD and dealing with college, Yoona will also have to cram ‘acting’ in her already busy sched. Yoona just became a part of MBC’s new drama “Cinderellaman” opposite hallyu star, Kwon Sang Woo. The series will begin shooting soon and will start its broadcast on May.

News and Photos: Newsen, Joynews

Source : Seoulbeats

Lets give her a chance to prove her acting skill...

Age is not matter to the talent actors/actress! 19 can make it big.. :lol:

we will support the young-generation .... men! :D

It's just me. I totally did not expect such a pair-up.

I had similar qualms before Painter of the Wind started, with Park Shin Yang and Moon Geun Young as a couple. But it turned out okay for me. hehehe..

Yoona wasn't really that impressive in YAMD. She was better in 9 End 2 Outs..

Hopefully she'll improve in this one..heheh..

Director Yoo "Kwon Sang Woo will be in a new look in Cinderella Man"

Sportnews February 12, 2009

The coming drama broadcasted in April 2009 by MBC "Cinderella Man" (Director Yoo Jung Joon; Screenwriter: Jo Yoon Young) have cofirmed the casting. Kwon Sang Woo, Yoon Ah and Han Eun Jung will lead in this series.

Kwon Sang-woo is playing dual roles of a poor saleman in Dongdaemun and a CEO of a fashion corporation. Both will replace each others position from daytime to nighttime like we see in the fairly tale "Prince and the Pauper".

Yoon Ah will appear opposite Kwon's poor man charactor as a student graduated from Fashion colleage in France to have no choice but to link her life to that bad guy. Their affairs is starting from conflict and growing up to a brilliant love.

Meanwhile, Han Eun Jung will be in cast of the only daughter of a bank president, introduced as a fashion icon. Her fiance is Kwon's rich man character.

PD Yoo said "'Cinderella Man' is a drama dealing with the bright, cheerful and hubbub play between 2 men in similar appearance accidently meeting each others.

Broacasted in 2005 MBC drama "Sad Love Story" was starred by 'Prince of Tears' Kwon Sang Woo whom four years later returns to the same station in a total new image. Mr Yoo disclosed "We will see the new Kwon Sang Woo in a new challenger."

'Cinderella Man' will take off in this month February.

I had similar qualms before Painter of the Wind started, with Park Shin Yang and Moon Geun Young as a couple. But it turned out okay for me. hehehe..

Hi ripgal - oh, can't remember that she was in 9E2O. (I think my memory fails this time...) Anyway, I read that the audience loves her role in her latest drama. :lol::)

willenette:Heaven postman is not a drama

its a movie a collaboration between japan and korea

lols i bet its because of the economy situation thats

why he agreed to reduce to pay amount

also he's no longer as popular as b4

Edit :well his last drama ratings

weren't that good for the last episode it was only 6.8%

and the short absence in the industry pave new way for newcomers

but he is still popular internationally as people cant forget Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven

just like song seung heon who had fame with autumn in my heart but his EOE make a great comeback for him

hopefully with this drama the ratings will be good

dont agree with you on his popularity.. in my country, he's still as popular... fair enough, there are many newcomers... but thats the acting industry... since he's so 'senior' in the industry, i believe he will rather people regard him as the established actor, KSW, instead of popular actor, KSW... but well, best if both... :P

honestly, me too.. never expect such a pair-up as i was quite excited over HHJ pairing with him.. but of course, will still watch this show... anyway, the eye candy is KSW... :lol:

dont agree with you on his popularity.. in my country, he's still as popular... fair enough, there are many newcomers... but thats the acting industry... since he's so 'senior' in the industry, i believe he will rather people regard him as the established actor, KSW, instead of popular actor, KSW... but well, best if both... :P

Zacey is here! Thanks God... :D

Truth is always true...

of course fame must face some "grape sour" ! We dun mind... :lol:

in my country, he is a big star ....

Rating is saying nothing when all the projects involving KSW are getting high sale contract of copyright in overseas that not many actors could reach...! If he were no longer popular would it be sold like that....

BTW, i prefer Yoon Ah... hehehe.. good replacement... :lol:

Okay, I felt better after reading the synopsis. I almost forgot that KSW's gonna play 2 characters at the same time... at least I can choose to side either couple. Cos KSW plays both guys...hehehe..I can savour every single moment with him...

Now the more I think about it, the more excited I am.

What if both men fall for their dopplehanger's girlfriend or fiance? :w00t:

Hi ripgal - oh, can't remember that she was in 9E2O. (I think my memory fails this time...) Anyway, I read that the audience loves her role in her latest drama. :lol::)

I didn't remember her too, until I read about it in dramabeans' blog..

Well, some ppl loved Sae Byeok, her role in You Are My Destiny...but I just found her character to be too submissive and nice. She was better in 9 End 2 Outs because she played a not so nice girl...very feisty...but adorable too..hehe..

Okay, I felt better after reading the synopsis. I almost forgot that KSW's gonna play 2 characters at the same time... at least I can choose to side either couple. Cos KSW plays both guys...hehehe..I can savour every single moment with him...

Now the more I think about it, the more excited I am.

What if both men fall for their dopplehanger's girlfriend or fiance? :w00t:

I didn't remember her too, until I read about it in dramabeans' blog..

Well, some ppl loved Sae Byeok, her role in You Are My Destiny...but I just found her character to be too submissive and nice. She was better in 9 End 2 Outs because she played a not so nice girl...very feisty...but adorable too..hehe..

ripgal, can't comment about her latest drama since haven't watch it - the series is very long. As much as I want to since LJH is there but not really into very long episodes. :lol::)

Cinderella Man Kwon Sang Woo - A Find-similarity event "Do you want to happen in a TV show?"

[2009-02-12 18:25:52]

cinderellanr8.jpg

MBC new drama "Cinderella Man" (Director Yoo Jung Joon; Screenwriter Jo Yoon Young) will hold a Find-Kwon-Sang-Woo-similarity event.

Planning to broadcast in April 2009 subsiquently to "Iljimae return" MBC will organize an event named "Hi SangWoo, let me see!" in which people will compete in Kwon-Sang-Woo-similarity show and get a chance to appear on TV.

"Hi SangWoo, let me see" person is requested to age 3-year difference from Kwon Sang Woo's to meet the character of Lee Jun Hee whom Oh Dae Sang (played by Kwon Sang Woo) will accidently meet.

MBC is creating a homepage for this event started application from February 12 to February 26, 2009... to those whose outside appearance are looking after Kwon Sang Woo's, requested to have 175cm ~ 183cm height, 65kg ~ 70kg Weight.

The 'Cinderella Man', a miracle story upfolded love and success in Dongdaemoon played by three lead actors Kwon Sang Woo, Yoon Ah and Han Eun Jung. Shooting will start in February 2009.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php

Zacey is here! Thanks God... :D

Truth is always true...

of course fame must face some "grape sour" ! We dun mind... :lol:

in my country, he is a big star ....

Rating is saying nothing when all the projects involving KSW are getting high sale contract of copyright in overseas that not many actors could reach...! If he were no longer popular would it be sold like that....

BTW, i prefer Yoon Ah... hehehe.. good replacement... :lol:

hi TY_KSW, how have you been? oh yes... agreed with you!! totally!!! just popping and lurking around and but just cant resist commenting this time round... :P

and thanks for all the goodies, news you posted on KSW.... trying very hard to play catch up with all the news everytime i came in... :lol:

hi TY_KSW, how have you been? oh yes... agreed with you!! totally!!! just popping and lurking around and but just cant resist commenting this time round... :P

and thanks for all the goodies, news you posted on KSW.... trying very hard to play catch up with all the news everytime i came in... :lol:

How are you dear?

I like your siggy! cute CJW!

i m working so hard to catch up with all news flooding these day about SW! he is a busy actor n daddy! :lol:

Guest kbmoon87

Im Yoon Ah and Kwon Sang Woo.

I can't see any chemistry between them but I really won't know until I start watching the drama.

Biggest thing is the age gap. Jeesh! I can understand up to like 5-8 years but 14!!!

Still, I'm a fan of Kwon Sang Woo so we'll see how this turns out. Hopefully not a FAIL like Bad Love.

How are you dear?

I like your siggy! cute CJW!

i m working so hard to catch up with all news flooding these day about SW! he is a busy actor n daddy! :lol:

tired.. not enough time to watch my korean dramas... :lol: nowadays very tight up with work... but will always try to sneak in here and there to read news... still have a stack of dramas not watched yet... :P but this one, i will definitely watch together with the filming... hee...

thanks.. i like her yawning look too... :lol:

thanks for all the news you posted... now patiently waiting for this show... ;)

Guest Banana Peel

Hello everyone !

I just found out about this drama.

I'm quite surprised with yoona being in the drama with Kwon SangWoo.

I hope her acting skills will improve through this drama.

I hope this drama will be goood!

Of course, almost every drama with Sangwoo is awesome =)

Archived