[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest avonmarissa

The guy who jumped up after seeing the snake should've definitely been executed. War is no play.

Isn't he the same one who had the biggest mouth before the war, boasting and complaining about Deokman? He is all talk, lol. Can't believe we didn't get a preview after the episode aired.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MisterBarca

Isn't he the same one who had the biggest mouth before the war, boasting and complaining about Deokman? He is all talk, lol. Can't believe we didn't get a preview after the episode aired.

I don't remember. None of Yu-Sin's Hwa-rangs other than Deok-man, the fat guy, and the old guy have much character so far.

Guest dramaok

ehh...a little in that pic, but not so much as a cross-dressing thief in Strongest Chil Woo. ;)

barely legal...lucky for you :lol:

okay, I'll try to catch up soon.

ya lucky for me. LOL. what no.. thx!

see.. it's a big flag that there's no hot men around when we're choosing between a crossdresser and a barely legal guy.

yikes.. maybe i need to watch other dramas.. but nothnig to watch..

was wondering if the adult Imjong [임종] has showed up yet in the last 2 episodes since the teen version was quite prominent in the earlier episodes?

yes. he's on the right:

e09090622hdtvxvidentala.jpg

his team (hogukseondo/ nation defender) is "green".. i think his role will be more prominent later on.

ep. 9 and 10 mostly dealt w/ bicheonjido (arlcheon's yellow group) and cheongryongeuido (seokpoom's dark red group).

Guest hjkomo

This week's eps were entertaining, but they had me laughing for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

The 용화향도 are such a ragtag bunch. I guess I was expecting them to be a bit more.....soldierly. ;)

Godo and Jukbang are supposed to be the comic relief, but I don't really find them very funny.

queenseonduke10kor09062.jpg

let's promote ourselves to deputy queens. let shirley do the dirty work :P

yes lil bojongee = hot.

big bojongee = cross eyed.

:lol: and the uneven 쌍꺼풀 doesn't help ;)

I couldn't get a good screencap, but I kept thinking of your comment whenever I saw him on screen. :lol:

ya lucky for me. LOL. what no.. thx!

see.. it's a big flag that there's no hot men around when we're choosing between a crossdresser and a barely legal guy.

yikes.. maybe i need to watch other dramas.. but nothnig to watch..

Yeah, the grown up hwarang just aren't cutting it in the hotness department. ;)

I miss the young'uns. :(

queenseonduke09kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke09kor09062.jpg

queenseonduke09kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke09kor09062l.jpg

queenseonduke09kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke10kor09062.jpg

And I spent most of the time trying to keep track of who was who. ;)

Lord of the Flies? :lol:

queenseonduke10kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke10kor09062.jpg

How did they get all those crows? :huh:

queenseonduke10kor09062a.jpg

Yong Chun is looking a bit you-know-what with the moustache... :phew:

queenseonduke09kor09062e.jpg

...someone went a little crazy with the eyebrow pencil on Seolwon :crazy::lol:

queenseonduke10kor09062c.jpg

...and I still haven't gotten used to hearing this actor's deeper man-voice. :blink:

queenseonduke09kor09062r.jpg

Kim Yushin must've ingested the sageuk miracle-grow pills... sure, he looks younger than Deok Man...ummm...yeahhhh... :lol:

I guess I was expecting him to have more of a chip on his shoulder, but UTW does at least look the part of a Silla knight. His voice is a bit raspy, but the quiet intensity is there. Let's hope he can deliver in the future.

queenseonduke09kor09062j.jpg

LYW was all right, but it seemed like she was trying a little too hard to be the 15 year-old, plucky DM, instead of the one who's been training so hard these years. But the PD must have cast her for a reason...fingers crossed.

dramaok, I am also really curious as to whether Yushin knows about Deokman.

I mean, he wanted her to stand behind him in the beejae. I don't think that was just because she's the weakest of the group. And YS's main concern was for DM when looking for the survivors of his group. Could that have been only because of what Cheonmyeong said to him? I don't think so. There seems to be something more. :unsure:

I read somewhere that 이승효 is already 29? Whoah! He looks 18.

Who's 이승효?

Guest MisterBarca

Who's 이승효?

Hi, 고모! :P

이승효 is 알천.

By the way, as dramaok referred to earlier, look at how much interest 이승효 has generated recently by completely eclipsing the title role. He went from a total unknown to #4 in Nate search for actors. Incredible:

http://search.nate.com/search/all.html?z=A...%CC%BD%C2%C8%BF

...UTW does at least look the part of a Silla knight. His voice is a bit raspy, but the quiet intensity is there. Let's hope he can deliver in the future.

Yes, in terms of bearing and comportment, Kim has been well-acted so far. And your term "quiet intensity" is exactly the term I was fumbling around for as well!

dramaok, I am also really curious as to whether Yushin knows about Deokman.

I mean, he wanted her to stand behind him in the beejae. I don't think that was just because she's the weakest of the group. And YS's main concern was for DM when looking for the survivors of his group. Could that have been only because of what Cheonmyeong said to him? I don't think so. There seems to be something more. :unsure:

I am curious, too. Thus far, that's the $50 question of the drama.

Guest lynn_9344

It's probably not bec the princess asked Yushin to look after Deokman that's why he was concerned. Maybe he's got the hots for her. There's something about the way he looks at her.By the way, the comments regarding the current Bojong really tickled me. Yeah, he got crosseyed as the years passed and he didn't get any taller either.

Guest MisterBarca

LYW was all right, but it seemed like she was trying a little too hard to be the 15 year-old, plucky DM, instead of the one who's been training so hard these years. But the PD must have cast her for a reason...fingers crossed.

I missed this earlier. Yes, she's indeed trying too hard to re-play the "plucky DM, instead of the one who's been training so hard these years."

Damn, we think so alike!

As for the PD's reason for casting her: How about the possibility he was trying to save costs? <_<

Guest dramaok

Godo and Jukbang are supposed to be the comic relief, but I don't really find them very funny.

ya me neither. they'reannoying pair. watching bojong's uneven eyes twitching is more fun.

And I spent most of the time trying to keep track of who was who. ;)

ya the cast is impressively large. big production scale.

i kinda miss the cantonese speaking roman and the itaewon egyptian too.

Lord of the Flies? :lol:

hey was this face paint done for the same reason as before? prepare for death of hwarang?

...and I still haven't gotten used to hearing this actor's deeper man-voice. :blink:

ya shiyeol's got a big voice. puberty? meanwhile jukbang's menopausal.

I think both Go Hyun Jung and LYW have same salary in QSD. LYW dropped slightly after Bad Love, GHJ dropped significantly after H.I.T.

My guess of why LYW is chosen for DM is probably due to her role in F70s and SBDH. Both characters have a lot of similarities compared to DM, especially F70s.

Edit: LYW and GHJ are paid 15 millions WON per Ep.

I missed this earlier. Yes, she's indeed trying too hard to re-play the "plucky DM, instead of the one who's been training so hard these years."

Damn, we think so alike!

As for the PD's reason for casting her: How about the possibility he was trying to save costs? <_<

Guest avonmarissa

dramaok, I think the face paint in that particular scene was for camouflage purposes because in the other war scenes, they don't have any paint on their faces.

Sidenote: MisterBarca, you gotta stop giving the honorable ladies on this thread names like 고모 and 아줌마, lol; too funny. :lol:

Guest hjkomo

hey was this face paint done for the same reason as before? prepare for death of hwarang?

yeah, it looked like camouflage to me, too...especially since they had grass clippings tucked into their armor, and the paint wasn't bright red/blue

ya shiyeol's got a big voice. puberty?

well, I keep thinking of him as that kid with the high voice from other dramas :lol:

I don't know why his voice is the only one I'm not used to yet (compared to other former child actors)

I think X called 용화향도 - Dragon Flower Corps

Sidenote: MisterBarca, you gotta stop giving the honorable ladies on this thread names like 고모 and 아줌마, lol; too funny. :lol:

ehhh, we'll just call him 영감 or 노인 :P

but I guess I'm considered middle-aged? :blink:

dramaok's still considered 처녀, I think? :D

Guest MisterBarca

I think both Go Hyun Jung and LYW have same salary in QSD. LYW dropped slightly after Bad Love, GHJ dropped significantly after H.I.T.

My guess of why LYW is chosen for DM is probably due to her role in F70s and SBDH. Both characters have a lot of similarities compared to DM, especially F70s.

That's surprising! Couldn't they have hired Han Hye-jin for the same money? :)

I am only trying to inject some levity into these grave historical discussions, 낭자!

ehhh, we'll just call him 영감 or 노인 :P

but I guess I'm considered middle-aged? :blink:

dramaok's still considered 처녀, I think? :D

No, you call me 대감 instead.

Christ, how comes does my computer crash every damn time I try to run Korean scripts. F&$#@!*&(!

Guest avonmarissa

대감?!! Why don't we go ahead and call you 폐하 instead, lol. Thanks for the laughs everybody.

The one question I'm looking forward to being answered is whether Yu-sin knows Deokman is a girl or do we have a 'bromance' going on?

Guest MisterBarca

대감?!! Why don't we go ahead and call you 폐하 instead, lol.

I am not loyalty but mere 양반! :lol:

Guest conduongmuathu

What's wrong with H.I.T?! Do you really watch it?! :huh:<_< The reason why MBC combines Kim Yeong Hyeon and Park Sang Yeon again....?!

Thanks. You know they just want to solve Korean Film Industry problems, don't you?!!!! :mellow:

That's surprising! Couldn't they have hired Han Hye-jin for the same money

I'm sick. :angry: What's wrong with this thread?! HHJ's fan club or something?! You should hire YOUR Han Hye Jin.

Guest redzone85

Proves these wannabe toughies arent so tough, just like in real life.

Wussies belong in a gang, but most of them when it comes to it are wussies except select few like the generals.

I wanted to smack him in the face, after he jumped up because of a stupid grass snake. He could of just stabbed it with his knife.

This is the first episode where Lee has appeared full-time, and we don't have the ratings yet (and we won't know the impact of Lee's poor performance for several episodes at least anyways).

Also, I don't judge the quality of an actor or drama on the basis of the ratings--which is nothing but the opinion of the ignorant mob.

LOL, you are an ignorant person yourself.

LYW is a good actress, good thing they selected her.

This drama is sooooooo good, wtf are you smoking on. The battle scenes are superb, i enjoy all actors/actresses so far, good combination.

Just because a drama is featured by a BIG A-Lister doesnt mean, the storyline is great or good to watch.

Personally in my opinion, if the storyline is interesting, it covers any flaws in a actress. (LYW doesnt have much)

For example, i fell asleep numerous times watching Star Lover, despite CJW being A-Lister.

If you dont like it move on.... i cant wait for next weeks drama!!!

Guest dramaok

what you're encouraging him to misbehave.. but it's ok he's harmless just grumpy.. 워낙 노인네라서.

old men tend to get that way. B)

For example, i fell asleep numerous times watching Star Lover, despite CJW being A-Lister.

If you dont like it move on.... i cant wait for next weeks drama!!!

i think CJW was the problem w/ that drama. i find her zzzz in all her dramas. but ya anyways..

i think for some ppl part of drama enjoyment is to criticize what they don't like but they are still a fan of the drama as a whole.

but i guess most ppl prefer not to hear anything negative about something they are enjoying so i see both points.

we just agree to disagree i guess.

Don't forget DK's real motive is to look for his dad, not to kill or be killed in a battlefield. As far as I can see, LYW did an adequate (but not outstanding) job on the transition from Nam Ji Hyun in ep8/9. Among the grownup of the main characters. LYW is actually the better one at the moment. Park Ye Jin is like having a anxiety attack, completely lost the determination and confidence of youjng Cheon Myung in ep7/8. After viewing ep9 again with sub, I can understand the reason behind it but still not a good way to portray Princess Cheon Myung who is "currently" regarded as the greatest opponent by Mi Shil. PYJ doesn't has a lot of scenes in ep9/10, so she has lots of chances to get back on track. Uhm Tae Woong didn't look good as Kim Yoo Shin at first too, but again after watching ep9 with sub, I see what the writer trying to show and I now think he is doing an okay but not outstanding job like LYW. Both LYW and KYS are doing better in ep10, ep10 is so straight forward that you don't need sub to understand. PYJ only has a few minutes in ep10, so not much comment can be made.

I can't wait for ep11.

DM's motive used to be to find moonoh or chilsook, but she said in ep. 9 or 10 that is not her only reason joining the hwarang .. anymore. she is a lousy soldier. but i think yes they are trying to show her 'before' and soon we'll see the 'after' when she is up against mishil highness.

as for Park yejin. i see what you mean by 'anxiety attack' but also see she is different when she's in court vs. when she's w/ deokman. i think park yejin tends to have that 'gasp' look maybe her nostrils are too small or something. but it's also believable to me that a teenage (i think she is still 18 or 17) cheonmyeong is indeed very anxious around Mishil.. the possible demon who killed all her brothers and her late husband... a scary opponent indeed and there's a reason why cheonmyeong is not mishil's rival.. but deokman is the destined one.. anyways.. but yes shin sekyeong's piercing beam is gone.. i guess princesses get jaded too.. but what i do like about Park yejin's portrayal so far.. is that she seems to be holding back.. i like that 3 dimensional feeling.. like she's putting up a facade of some sort to buy time.. to when she is sure she has the right weapon against Mishil.. a younger cheonmyeong is brave. but she is naiive too. an older one learns not to show all her cards..

I think X called 용화향도 - Dragon Flower Corps

thx!

The one question I'm looking forward to being answered is whether Yu-sin knows Deokman is a girl or do we have a 'bromance' going on?

hee i support a bromance then. but you know what i have a feeling yushin is not gonna be a love insterest for either princess.

they will just tease us w/ it.. but yushin's main role here is to install bravery, integrity and wisdom of a great general.

Archived