[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Ok , i read some old posts and it's enough . I will, wait to see . I can see all the left episodes online but i don't want that . It's tension every time but i like to wait . It's the first time i watch a korean drama on tv .

I'm laughing now that i remember something . Let's share with you .. I readed that were probleme with the ratings - guess in Korea - in my country is a high ratting - even when the president give a refferendum direct line , this channel was rulling Queen Seok Deok without intreruption - and was blamed after that . :D

Can somebody tell to Deok Man that ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally i understand everything . Today i had some free time and i started to look after the prehistory of Korea . I read so much that i have an ungly headache . But i'm happy to be more familiar with Silla , the hwarangs , and the others .

So , Deok Man was the first Queen - then was Jindeok and then Muyeol that is ChunChu . Is right ?

And Alcheon was part of the royal family and the nation wanted to marry with Jindeok or just to succed the thron , but he didn't wanted that and supported with Yu Shin the futher king Muyeol . Right ?

I ask to see if i really understand .

Yu Shin was 78 when he died - until he was 34 years old he comanded the force arm . And he really was a leader of hwarang . He remain in corean history like a famous general and a sword master .

Oh , and Deok Man had 3 husbands ..

Now , Bi Dam , always this fancy trendy cute Bi Dam...

I was reading that he was part of a nobil family and he did not agree with the conception of a female ruller - that's why he was executed after a revolt togheter with other 30 people who folowed him - but this is on 17 January 647 - and Deok Man died in same year but on 8 January , before Bi Dam .

In the drama he really loved the queen - now that story i can understand ...

But .. i was reading an another site that Bi Dam ( maybe here on soompi ? duno , i read so many sites ) doesn't existed and that he was an invention of screenwriters who manipulated this character .

What's the true ?

Guest ledpelaro

But .. i was reading an another site that Bi Dam ( maybe here on soompi ? duno , i read so many sites ) doesn't existed and that he was an invention of screenwriters who manipulated this character .

What's the true ?

Hi Dany i cannot help you coz i am poor of knowledge in korean history i dunno the true story behind but i just follow what was in the drama hehehe. btw just like to comment with BD, i think he is not just an invention to entertain the viewers as you remember BD is the son of Mishil and the dethrone king of Silla (forgot his name), and their history was written on the book that was kept in the royal library, maybe you just need to look on BD birth name. The writer and the PD had tried their best to make the story based on the history not to give conflicts on the viewes most especially the Korean viewers who are knowledgeable on their own history. That is why even the viewers would like to see Bidam and Deokman in a happy ending, certainly they cannot do that coz it would be a contrary to Korean history.

@barneybaby you are most welcome.

@ledpelaro I think you're right . Maybe is true that he was somebody important at the royal palace and he came from a rich ( nobil ) family - what i was reading yesterday .. one of that people who had that motto " female ruller can not exist " - and this is how he were not in love with Deok Man .

Sad ! Because , even if he couldn't be togheter with her , it would be nice to be true that they loved each other .

I don't know why , but i'm so curious now about the true history - maybe because really impressed me this drama .

Anyway , thank you for you post . You're nice .

Guest ledpelaro

Hi Dany after searching on QSD true history, can you share it with us, frankly speaking i have no time to search on the net and to look further on Silla's history, but watching Arirang here is fascinating seeing Silla's palace still in place and restored in Korea and reknowned as Unesco heritage, everything in QSD scenes is indeed the Silla's temple plus the observatory that was built by QSD regime.......sighh........like to visit the place..........

Guest katherinekang

I love this drama very much. Everyone should go the thread ' I'm Free to Love You Now ' . Read how beautifully the writer has wrote the '70 steps to Deokman'. and the thereafter continuation of their love story. Bidam deserved the best inspite of his near elimination of Queen Seokduk's empire. We have to remember his past and his insecurity of the love for the Queen.

There is one thing about watching Korean historical epics. The stories were all beautifully written and the love story between the main lead stars are always tragic. To be able to write a tragic love story, these writers deserves everyone's praise.

I will continue to watch only historical dramas. And finally, thanks to everyone who wrote in to this thread and contributed tons and tons of comments.

Guest Deokman_7272k

HI everyone, I always stay and browse at Lee YO Won's that I did not see this thread... Anyway I love QSD, and just like the rest of the members here, I can't just get over it... I am watching my favorite episode every night, and my favorite for Queen Deokman is of course Yushin Rang... but Bidam-QSD was not bad after all... Yushin Rang's love for QSD is not questionable, his love for Gaya is the same as his love for Deokman.... and did you notice it in every Yushin Rang-Deokman scene, when one is emotional, the other one is firm and strong with the decision.... meaning they both know that they can't have the same feelings at the same time or else they cannot pursue with their goal. Bidam is the supposed to be the right man, who is willing to sacrifice everything for Deokman, but maybe it was the mistake of the queen to assign him to mishil's clan... in other words I love it, I love all the characters.... I love the Aunt-Nephew relationship of Deokman and chunchu...... I love mishil's acting, and one of my favorite was at the Episode 37 when Yushing rang knelt before her to join her alliance, while telling yushin rang to marry her grandchild, she was looking sarcastically at Deokman... great great acting....

I guess I will need to back read here to see all your comments... nice meeting you all fellow QSD lovers

Guest Deokman_7272k

200901181613441118_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1118&ext=na

Uhm Tae Woong to make his comeback to the drama as the male lead of "Queen Seok Duk" after 2 years.

He will be playing Kim Yu Shin, a general in 7th-century Silla. He led the unification of the Korean peninsula by Silla under the reign of King Muyeol of Silla and King Munmu of Silla. He is said to have been the great-grandchild of King Guhae of Geumgwan Gaya, the last ruler of the Geumgwan Gaya state. This would have given him a very high position in the Silla bone rank system, which governed the political and military status that a person could attain.

too many goodlooking guys in Queen Seon Dok, Bidam has a strong appeal, Wolya and Alcheon are cute, but I exceptionally like Uhm Tae Wong.....

Guys I will spend sleepless nights backreading this... I feel so overwhelmed to see the cast in their ordinary clothes.. Thank you guys for this..

Oh , thank you all for guide me and posting what do you think and what do you know about the characters and the story .

I really love this drama . I liked so much characters . Even Mishil - because was brilliant . A character , a negative one who always keep our attention alive . And why not , was beautifull and sometimes she shows us that she has a heart too .

I dislike something - i mean is a little bothering me - Alcheon , Bi dam , Yu Shin , even Wol Ya - all of them with Deokman was a great team and fight for same thing . But , after she became the queen everything changed . Before were like real close friends , now is so wierd ... :) It's all history - beautiful and interesting . It's not like today .

Bidam and Deokman was my favorite couple . I liked Yu Shin too and Wol Ya , and Bo Jong , Seol Won , Mun No and others - bad or good , i liked them . Bidam and Deokman having a happy end togheter - is contradictory with the real history - if Bidam existed , he was an enemy and he didn't loved the queen , if he doesn't existed , also .

If i have time , i will read more and search more info .

Deokman_7272k - i saw with UTW a movie last night . My love was the title :)

Glad to meet so many QSD lovers here :)

@homura thanks for the link . :)

@ katherinekang - I'm Free to Love You Now sounds good :lol: I'll search that thread .

@ledpelaro - it would be so nice to be able to visit that place .

katherinekang - you meant that there is a thread with this title ? I'm Free to Love You Now ? I didn't found it . If there is one , please give us the belove link here .

Guest katherinekang

Thanks for appreciating my comment. The thread is at - www/fanfiction.net/s/5848997/1/Im_free_to_love_you_now. Hope it will help.

h

Thanks for appreciating my comment. The thread is at - www/fanfiction.net/s/5848997/1/Im_free_to_love_you_now. Hope it will help.

I tried but is not working . I try again . If you can give the all links.Until than i'll go to the fan fics thread to search by title . :rolleyes:

I'm really curious .

Just finished ep 60 on TVR ( romanian tv channel ) - i'm desapointed for BiDam . It's at least good that he still was sincere . But now , he'll change and what could be happened until the scene i saw in 62 ? When Bidam want to get close to the queen and it's killed by Yu Shin . Why have to be Yu Shin ?

h

Guest Deokman_7272k

Dany Thanks but here in the Philippines the only UTW movie or drama that I have is QSD and Sassy Girl Chunyang.

There are so many things that I like that is not available yet in the PHilippines.... like the soundtrack of QSD.. I like Windflower, LYW Bidam Song... etc...

Again thanks a lot guys for this backreading will really take time...

Dany Thanks but here in the Philippines the only UTW movie or drama that I have is QSD and Sassy Girl Chunyang.

There are so many things that I like that is not available yet in the PHilippines.... like the soundtrack of QSD.. I like Windflower, LYW Bidam Song... etc...

Again thanks a lot guys for this backreading will really take time...

About the OST , you can download . I have the Ost from long time now . :D

Like here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?izugyt52zny

katherinekang Still don't find that thread . Give me the link hows when is oppened the page .

Guest ledpelaro

Again thanks a lot guys for this backrea

Guest RAISON:dream

About the OST , you can download . I have the Ost from long time now . :D

Like here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?izugyt52zny

katherinekang Still don't find that thread . Give me the link hows when is oppened the page .

Thanks for the OSTs :D I'm snagging it too hehehe ~

Well this is my first time posting here, and I just have to say, this drama is too sad :x I'm on my way to episode 61 and my heart is crumbling into pieces for Bidam.

Nevertheless, I think this is one of the best shows I've watched :) I like it more than Jewel in the Palace! The storyline, the characters and the way they act, everything is so perfect ♥

I just want to ask whether any of you guys could link me to english subbed videos of the NG's? You know, after having a heavy heart from watching this.. I just want to enlighten myself a bit (and my mother lol we watch together, QSD's got her hooked) ;~; ?

Thank you in advance <3

Thanks for the OSTs :D I'm snagging it too hehehe ~

Well this is my first time posting here, and I just have to say, this drama is too sad :x I'm on my way to episode 61 and my heart is crumbling into pieces for Bidam.

Nevertheless, I think this is one of the best shows I've watched :) I like it more than Jewel in the Palace! The storyline, the characters and the way they act, everything is so perfect ♥

I just want to ask whether any of you guys could link me to english subbed videos of the NG's? You know, after having a heavy heart from watching this.. I just want to enlighten myself a bit (and my mother lol we watch together, QSD's got her hooked) ;~; ?

Thank you in advance <3

I saw some NG but with some english is that one

BEHIND THE SCENE QSD clik here

Then you have some there in the list .

You will be so sorry for them after seeing episode 61 . It's sad for that conspiration . I almost cried - i was so angry :angry:

Monday my channel will rule the final episode , but today maybe i'll watch online . I love QSD and now it's the end of the journey . I'll miss them .

I remember how much i laugh because of Bidam . Now we'll cry !

Guest katherinekang

I agree with you, Dany28. I also laugh with Bidam on scene and also cried buckets at the end. I think the whole conspiracy is a fake. Bidam realized that he is locked with Mishil's followers and Yeomjang's plotting that he decided to plan his own death. I remembered the scene when he recalled QSD said that calling her name means treason. When he is about to end all, he called her name twice..at Yushin's arms. Bidam knows he will be killed for that reason alone. He also knows that QSD has forgiven his wrongdoings as she knows and believe that it is not his fault. She cannot undo the order to have him killed so he understands her and end it this way. Bidam, you deserve our praise. As for QSD, she knows she has little to live for after Bidam's death. I love the end. A very beautiful death.

katherinekang - I totally agree with you .

After episode 61 i was so angry - how could be Bidam so naive to trust anyone but not her ? And was fooled for true . But i liked that the Queen wanted to descover what happened with that regal guardian and with that , the true .

Bidam - also , i felt fear because he'll not descover the true about the fact that not the Queen was who ordered his death - and i loved the scene when he killed that man ( i can't memorize all the names :) ) - it was for the third ?? time that he wanted to kill him ? B)

After that , of course he knows that DeokMan can't do anything about the order to arrest or kill the traitors .

It's tragic that he was a traitor and she was who hunted him - but we all know that they really loved each other .

Now the journey is over - i enjoyed , i laugh and cry , i was happy and angry . :)

I'll miss so many characters , like Yu Shin and Wol Ya , Alcheon and others . But most , Bidam and Deokman .

21576_1173149340539_1582206995_3038.jpg

You see , i didn't had the patience to see the final Monday .

Guest Deokman_7272k

I can't get over this... well why get over of something that is very beautiful.... from the start it was Yushin the Deokman really loves but her desicion to become a princess prevented her to pursue her love but, when she was already a princess. it was pretty obvious in the story about her devotion to Yushin rang... even Bidam was a witness to their devotion for one another, Princess Deokman was worried when yushin fainted after his faced off with chilsuk, and bidam witnessed it when she was taking care of yushin who was sleeping at that time, Bidam also knows how she cried when Yushin got married to Mishil's granddaughter... but above all yushin-qsd love for one another surface in some scene...suppress feelings but felt.... the Bidam -QSD love is also beautiful, finally here's a man she thought maybe with lesser responsibilities coz he is willing to leave everything for her....he was just a witness of yushin Deokman at first, and almost the right man for QSD but his task to monitor mishil's men led him to bad fate... the twist of fate of their love story is truly great

please go to this link to share your opinion if you were given the chance to change the ending of QSD..

http://hubpages.com/hub/If-you-were-given-...going-to-end-it

Archived