Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

didnt read through the whole thread(220 pages!)... but have anyone played chrono trigger on the DS? hows the gameplay compared to the snes? its been over a decade since i played it and im thinking about picking up a playstation disc or a ds version.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srenity
didnt read through the whole thread(220 pages!)... but have anyone played chrono trigger on the DS? hows the gameplay compared to the snes? its been over a decade since i played it and im thinking about picking up a playstation disc or a ds version.

It's closest to the PS version because the DS has anime cutscenes unlike the NES version.

They also:

-added new dungeons (two, I think)

-added side-quest where you get better items/weapons/armor/etc

-added new ending (result of finishing above side-quest)

-different translation the fizzy drink you pour over Toma's grave? It's called 'Pop' instead of 'Spirit' :lol:

-added monster mini-game where you can play with a friend (you train it and battle it, like Pokemon)

There might be more, but it's been a lonnnnggg time since I've played the DS version D:

Guest Kazen88

:D I just downloaded Flip Notes and I'm messing with it for a bit.

@srenity: There's an option in Flip Notes to speed up your creation. Go to Edit, press up on the D-pad, press on the film strip at the top, and next to the word Back on the bottom is the option to change the flipping speed.

Guest marasshi

^LOL yeah the hamster game was really cute. :D Finished the game in about 13 hours -- that's average no? but I'm currently going back to collect the rest of the puzzles and solve them.

Guest jun;MON

I told myself to take my time in finishing Layton, but I ended up finishing within the 3rd day since its release -sigh- I really like the story in this one, its so---heart warming for some reason and the puzzles were much easier than the 1st game. Can't wait for the 3rd one >_<;

Guest dearest.me

So, how about that new (okay so not new) DSi? Is it good? Is it worth getting? I'm really contemplating it right now. Oh but I have the normal DS lite. =S Should I waste my money?

Lol and it'll probably take me 2 weeks to finish Prof. Layton -.- I'm that slow.

Guest srenity
i downloaded Harvestmoon [island of happines] and Prof. Layton [diabolical box].. but i got problem..

i can't save my game and get asked to turn off my DS.. but i can find the .sav file in my computer..

anybody can help me to fix this problem?

I remember I had a similar problem when I played Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Square Enix started to put privacy protection into their .nds games. It may be something similar. I searched for a patch via google and read the comments to make sure it covers whatever problem I had with the original rom. And I was able to play it! ...But didn't finish it because my R4 alluvasudden stopped working for my DSL ^^;;;

[edit] It could also be because you need to update your R4l.

So, how about that new (okay so not new) DSi? Is it good? Is it worth getting? I'm really contemplating it right now. Oh but I have the normal DS lite. =S Should I waste my money?

Lol and it'll probably take me 2 weeks to finish Prof. Layton -.- I'm that slow.

Good? Well, it's an update to the Lite, of course it's good =P

Worth Getting? Depends what you want to do with the DS. If all you want to use the system is for playing DS games, then I wouldn't recommend it. If you plan to use their new functions and download DSi Wares, then I'd recommend it. I d/led Brain Age Express: Arts and Letters and it used the camera and sound functions which came out to be fun! (But like all Brain Age games I've played, it dies out after 10 days worth :lol: )

Dang, I haven't opened my Prof Layton yet... I'm still working on Knights in the Nightmare and I don't seem to be half way done,... and then there's Scribblenauts coming out in a week and a half... >__<;;;

let me know if anyone's selling the animal crossing game!!

I just got myself a DS but the R4 card that i bought wont be here til 2 weeks later -_-

so i decided to buy a cheap game to play for now.. hehe

pm me if you have the game or anything fun is fine lol

Just tried Scribblenauts yesterday; controls ain't the best, a bit hard me for to control the character sometimes but the plot is great. Really creative and requires you to think.

I like how I can summon the kraken wherever I go though.

Yeah, the controls are rough. Probably the biggest downfall of the game so far. (haven't put much time into it, yet)

Plot? Ahaha... there is no plot? I guess you mean premise?

So, one of the first things I did was to spawn a Pregnant Woman, Baby, and Chainsaw.

Does this make me a bad person...? ;p

Also, a Vampire can easily kill God, yet is locked in an eternal battle against a Blob.

Try putting some Lingerie on yourself to spruce things up.

Oh, and Atomic Bomb > Bomb Shelter, apparently.

Guest dudnaito

save file just disappeared from my card, but the save file for the other games seem to be fine. WHen i plug it into my comp. the save file is actually there, just not recognized as such by the ds. ANy suggestions?

Guest LycheeLa

Anyone know how to get pass 3-7 The Peaks in Scribblenauts?

:angry:

I seriously cannot think of anything at this point

Maybe my imagination isn't working lol

Guest LovinSe7en

i just bought scribblenauts today at toysRus and got a 15 dollar giftcard for just buying the game, this offer is only good today at all toysRus locations

Guest c i n d y

I was wondering if anyone can help me? I just ordered a DS lite and I'm looking online for a r4. Can anyone recc. a specific one? I'm very new to this :x Also how many gb should I buy for a microsd card?

Archived