Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NO NAME?

anyone tried science papa i like it more than cooking mama
Oh wow. It's out already? I need to get it then.

Scribblenauts looks amazing. Can't wait.

Guest kennesu

so i heard that nintendo found a way to make the flash cards for the dsi stop working recently. anyone affected?

Guest MEIYEE

I tried Science Papa and liked it, but I literally finished the whole game in one sitting.

Unless I'm missing something, that game was way too short. :(

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

I'm REALLY REALLLLLY excited for kingdom hearts & edgeworth to release! Also excited for the new professor layton game.

and WitchGoddess have you tried playing rhythm heaven? It's really simple & easy to get into w/o much thinking/reading & it's really fun imo

Guest fruiteechi

i downloaded the game Hello Kitty Daily because i love hello kitty and it had hello kitty right in the name and it's a lot like a pda but not as upgraded or detailed but i loved the little budget thing it has. other than that though, it's a completely useless games.

do you guys know any game similar to Hello Kitty daily that is more like a pda?

Guest winteryskys
anyone tried science papa i like it more than cooking mama

wow there's a science papa? :o

and i cant wait for scribblenauts : )

Guest Millou

Ok, so I recently bought a nds and I dl-ed Final Fantasy III yesterday. But how do you play the **** game??? I clicked on all the buttons and used the pen-thing... but my character doesn't move one bit and the goblins keep stabbing me...

Guest srenity
so i heard that nintendo found a way to make the flash cards for the dsi stop working recently. anyone affected?

I don't use flash cards anymore, but I'm sure there's bound to be programmers out there to fix that where you'll be able to update the flash card's system everytime the DSi system requires an update.

Ok, so I recently bought a nds and I dl-ed Final Fantasy III yesterday. But how do you play the **** game??? I clicked on all the buttons and used the pen-thing... but my character doesn't move one bit and the goblins keep stabbing me...

FF3 is a turn-based RPG, so you usually use the d-pad to go to attack, and then choose the target ^^;;;;

Guest Crispy

FF3? Are you referring to the SNES version (Final Fantasy VI), or the NES Final Fantasy III?

(ha, I know that sounds confusing)

If you meant either of those, it might be the case of faulty emulation. Try a different emulator.

If you meant to type Final Fantasy IV (the DS remake), then there might be a problem with the ROM or the flash cart itself.

Try downloading another copy of the ROM and the latest software update for your flash cart.

I don't use flash cards anymore, but I'm sure there's bound to be programmers out there to fix that where you'll be able to update the flash card's system everytime the DSi system requires an update.

The community's already cracked the latest firmware update to accept R4's. The rest of the flash carts can't be far behind.

I need some Scribblenauts and Professor Layton in my life, please. Can't come out soon enough.

Haven't touched my DS in a while, other than to take goofy pictures here and there.

Guest Millou
FF3 is a turn-based RPG, so you usually use the d-pad to go to attack, and then choose the target ^^;;;;

FF3? Are you referring to the SNES version (Final Fantasy VI), or the NES Final Fantasy III?

(ha, I know that sounds confusing)

If you meant either of those, it might be the case of faulty emulation. Try a different emulator.

If you meant to type Final Fantasy IV (the DS remake), then there might be a problem with the ROM or the flash cart itself.

Try downloading another copy of the ROM and the latest software update for your flash cart.

To be honest, I don't have a clue what you two are talking about... I'm new to this games thing...

I gave up on FFIII... don't know how to play...

But, I just downloaded Gundam 00 and yea... it's fun in the beginning, but then it's in Japanese and I don't understand what it says. Oh and it constantly stops to explain stuff I think, is there a way to stop that as it's really bothering me...

Guest srenity
To be honest, I don't have a clue what you two are talking about... I'm new to this games thing...

I gave up on FFIII... don't know how to play...

But, I just downloaded Gundam 00 and yea... it's fun in the beginning, but then it's in Japanese and I don't understand what it says. Oh and it constantly stops to explain stuff I think, is there a way to stop that as it's really bothering me...

From experience, I found that a lot of first-time/new gamers are not very drawn to RPGs (because they're long with lots of reading, tedious, and occasional level-grinding). They only seem to be drawn to FF series because of the pretty character designs... :mellow:

If you're new to the new game stuff, I recommend Cooking Mama, Professor Layton, Rhythm Heaven and other games that pop up a lot in this thread actually. (I come to visit this thread once or twice, and these games ALWAYS seem to pop up each page :lol: ) If you want to get your feet wet into the RPG genre, I recommend starting out with Zelda Phantom Hourglass (in fact, there's a new Zelda series that's coming up next year; which I'm anticipating :D ). It's an involved action-adventure game but I personally feel like it's an RPG without all the levelling =]

For when the games stops to explain stuff, they're tutorials to tell you how to play the game. There are some games where they ask 'is this your first time playing?' and you can bypass that, but you usually have to play through tutorial battles.

Guest Millou

^I don't really mind reading the tutorials and the storie, but the thing is it's in Japanese. And I absolutely don't understand it...which makes it harder I guess...

Like sometimes they write sometime and you have to chose between 'yes' or 'no', but if you don't understand what they are asking it's hard to choose don't you thing? ;)

I actually bought the console because I wanted to play Gundam RPG's, but yea...can't find the AMerican release of Gundam 00...

Guest marasshi
Have you tried Love Revolution? It's otome game where you try to lose weight. There's also a Korean version too so you might want that version if you can read Korean.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just found a walkthrough so I'm going to play it soon.

Guest isa19

Guys I just have a question. Hope one of you can help.

I was wondering if I buy a DS lite console either in Japan or Korea can I change the language option to english? Is it region locked?

hehehe... Thank you in advance :D

Guest MEIYEE

DS Lite isn't region-locked. I bought mine in Hong Kong & set the language to English and everything works fine!

The DSi, on the other hand, is region-locked -_-

Guest kennesu

^

dang, it's region locked? im in korea and i was thinking of buying one (but i'm not sure if they're selling it here yet), but i'm going to return to the US in maybe 5 months so...

i gave my dslite to my sister back in the states but i'm really tempted to go out a new one. but then i really want a dsi too. :(

Archived