Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest saranghae!

^^ Cracked hinges were a problem with the 1st shipment if I remember correctly and since there is NO chance of you finding one from the original shipment that shouldn't be a problem. The L and R button can get dirty over time but you can clean them... and as long as you aren't eating like cheetos while playing it.... xD

is dealextreme a reliable place to buy a flash cart? What kind should I get? =S

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I'm planning on purchasing the DS in white sometime before Christmas. What I hear though is that the white shows scratches and fingerprints less, but it yellows over time.. is that true? :tongue2: And do they all crack at the hinge, that's what I've been reading.

yea, my L and R buttons yellowed over time, I hate it = =;; I swear it's my two brother's faults since I don't even press those buttons, and the dust gets trapped in the edges, I don't even know how to get it out. But it's also true that fingerprints show up less, black ones has tonnes of fingerprints over them, unless you have a case or something.

i juss got a DS today..

but i dont know how to do the wifi thingy with other ppll..

i dont no how to conncet it.. -_-;

can someone help meee

and whats picture message? or somthing like that

i read the manual..but technology is reallly not my thingg

i got the super mar. bros....

someone help mee~

thankss sorry~

Depends on what game you're playing, wifi isn't available for every DS game.

To connect, some games you have to pass levels etc, some you can just connect straight away. All you need is a wireless router.

Guest v3rmillion
^^ Cracked hinges were a problem with the 1st shipment if I remember correctly and since there is NO chance of you finding one from the original shipment that shouldn't be a problem. The L and R button can get dirty over time but you can clean them... and as long as you aren't eating like cheetos while playing it.... xD

is dealextreme a reliable place to buy a flash cart? What kind should I get? =S

I got a DSTT from them in May. I think they're pretty reliable, since I messed up my first order and cancelled it, and I got my money refunded within 48 hours. :)

Although I've also heard rumors that they've been selling fake DSTTs, but then it's just a rumor...

Guest polariis

Does anyone notice their DS battery life declining? I've only had mine for several months but it seems like my DS doesn't last as long as it use to (either that or I'm playing a lot more than I thought :sweatingbullets:)

Any advice/suggestions about prolonging battery life? So far I'm trying to conserve by:

- keep light setting on lowest/2nd lowest

- letting it charge completely before playing again

On another note, just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it was ~awesome~ ^^

Guest darkbahamut
Does anyone notice their DS battery life declining? I've only had mine for several months but it seems like my DS doesn't last as long as it use to (either that or I'm playing a lot more than I thought :sweatingbullets:)

Any advice/suggestions about prolonging battery life? So far I'm trying to conserve by:

- keep light setting on lowest/2nd lowest

- letting it charge completely before playing again

On another note, just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it was ~awesome~ ^^

One thing about electronics is letting the battery drain completely to increase battery life. I was taught that before. It should apply to DS' as well.

Guest res0nate

Grabbed CT from my shop. Not bad because it's been years since I've played through it, but disappointed that there isn't enough new content.

oo i want to play Tokimeki Memorial girl, but isn't it only in japanese? i took japanese for 3 years, but my japanese is pretty.. eh lol.

I don't know any Japanese and I just finished my first playthrough on Girl's Side: 1st love (I got the ending with Hazuki Kei on my first try ^___^). I'm actually learning quite a bit of Japanese just by playing it so if you took 3 years of Japanese, you'll definitely be fine lol. Otherwise, you can just use the walkthroughs if you don't understand something. It's so addicting!

One thing about electronics is letting the battery drain completely to increase battery life. I was taught that before. It should apply to DS' as well.

No, that is not true. Nintendo DS uses lithium-ion batteries and should be charged up early and often. Letting it drain is actually BAD for battery life. Nickel-cadmium batteries (the common rechargeable batteries) are what needs to be fully charged and discharged.

Guest chocolaterainn

Oh wow there was a DS thread?!

LOL I NEVER KNEW.

I have the BrainAge thing tooo, but Im like 30+ on it. HAHA I woke up so tired & played, thats how I got so low.

but my average is 20 :D cant go any lower though. currently playing TamagotchiCornerShop

LOL.

I just started with SuperPrincessPeach & Mario&PartnersInTime

I suck at adventure games really.

Oh I have AnimalCrossingWildWorld for DS!

I'll share my friend code soon (: (too lazy to on it now) :P

<3 If anyone has questions, you can ask me

maybe I can answer :P

Guest srenity
where is my chrono trigger rom T_T

Support and buy the game =3

They come with a soundtrack and poster. (I didn't pre-order to get these either!)

Guest Take Five

^really? at gamestop?

i suppose i should since it is my favorite rpg ever(although i already bought it on FF chronicles and never played it lol). but i guess this version is better anyway.

Guest christina.

Omogmogm, Chrono Trigger is outttttt<33

I think I'll buy it one of these days when I get some cash on hand. :P

How I loveeee Chrono Trigger! Though I never really beat it and I mainly watched my brothers play it when I was little. But heyy, the storyline and gameplay was like super beastly<3

Now all I want is Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 translated and both released on the DS in a similar fashion as Chrono Trigger. :[

I haven't touched my DS in a couple of months after finally finishing all the Phoenix Wright games + Apollo Justice (Omg, Perfect Prosecutor release already sdlfkshg I need Edgeworthhh), so at least now I have something to play. :D Well.. I have Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, but it kinda pisses me off, so I haven't been playing it. But I recently got Rune Factory 2, so I guess I could just start that~

Been kinda hard to find good games to play. It's like, for every good game, 46346 crappy, generic titles come out.

I want to play Tokimeki, that otome game or whatever. But it's in Japanese. :[[ Patch somewhere? Haha.

Guest amydien

Has anybody here played Rayman Raving Rabbid? I just discovered it yesterday....it's such a funny game! XDDD

I played Rayman on Wii before but I didnt know there was a DS game for it too....the rabbits are so weird XD :lol:

Guest NO NAME?

^ Haha! Yup! I don't like the first one, but the second one is somewhat fun.

Ahaha. The TV Party one is so much fun. The rabbids are definitely weird :D

Archived