Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI
i took japanese for three years in high school and now that im in college

they don't have japanese courses at my school

so now im getting really rusty at japanese :crazy:

so will this game help and advance with my japanese?

so im guessing this game only come in a japanese version, no english?

its in english. i only played with it for an hr, but i think its only in romaji there doesn't seem to be any hira/katagana.

i suppose how rusty you are at your japanese....

i studied japanese in highschool & college, and its been 4 years since i last took japanese.

i didn't learn anything new & i knew all the vocabulary already.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest janicehoang

^thx for the info = )

errr....i only remember the really simple vocabulary

like for the colors in japanese, i remember aoi and murasaki only....forgot the rest

how sad is that :sweatingbullets:

but i still know how to write hiragana and katakana and some kanji

Guest Kazen88

My Japanese Coach only has a little hiragana and katakana, the rest being all romaji for a while. They slowly teach you hiragana and katakana until about Lesson 30 (because by then you're supposed to have "learned" all the kana already). The game gets into kanji after you finish all the hiragana/katakana lessons. Like I said, it's really, really slow in the beginning. If you guys have the R4, I can upload my save file so you guys can start on Lesson 30 instead of 1 or whatever and not have to suffer through the beginning. Those of you who are thinking about buying the game, that's awesome. I think it's a lot better than the other My Whatever Coach's. Definitely a good self-teach Japanese program. I'm probably going to end up buying the game myself just to have. :D

Guest amydien

I am soooo buying it. Haha....anything to help improve my Japanese while playing. Learning from the textbook can get boring sometimes XDDD

Im surprised that it's only $29.99Cdn. Other games I bought before are about $30+. But then again, I've never bought any My ___ Coach games before. :D

By the way, I sold my Ninja Gaiden DS game at EB Games (same with Game Stop) and I cant believe I only got $8 from it. :(

Is it really like that when you sell used games? Mine even looked brand-new, no scratch whatsoever. I originally bought it for $40, but when I sold it, they only paid me $8....

Is anyone having any troubles with 'Trauma Center - Under the Knife 2'?

I'm stuck on the episode where you disable the electric lock, like episode 6-7 or something.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch on my copy or I broke my DS or that it's just especially hard, but I can't seem to pick up the plugs. It's like my game/DS is not sensing it when I put my stylus on the touch screen. I hope my DS isn't broken. It works for everything else, like when I move the penlight or draw the healing touch star....I got so pissed at it, I sat there for ages trying to pick out the plug...

And as for My Japanese Coach...I don't think it's really necessary if you already know basic Japanese, cause that's all it covers, basic Japanese

Oh yea, last question; are there any more awesome games like 'The World Ends With You'? That was like the best game I've ever played....any receommendations?

By the way, I sold my Ninja Gaiden DS game at EB Games (same with Game Stop) and I cant believe I only got $8 from it. :(

Is it really like that when you sell used games? Mine even looked brand-new, no scratch whatsoever. I originally bought it for $40, but when I sold it, they only paid me $8....

why the heck did you agree to sell it for 8??? heck I live in toronto I would've given you 10 at least. If you sold it on ebay or craigslist I think you would still get more than 8 :tears:

Guest amydien
why the heck did you agree to sell it for 8??? heck I live in toronto I would've given you 10 at least. If you sold it on ebay or craigslist I think you would still get more than 8 :tears:

It was my first time selling a game, so I just gave it to my brother to take to EBgames. Unfortunately, he didnt even argue with the EBperson(?). What a waste though, because I was thinking I'd get atleast $20 :tears:

Oh well, lesson learned. :sweatingbullets:

I feel somewhat vulnerable today. Im at school and my DS ran out of battery. I forgot to bring the charger too. My DS is my weapon against boredom...lol. :lol:

Guest yimster900

I love DS Lite! bought one few months ago for my birthday and find it ridiculously addictive, loving mario kart (a classic) although despising those nifty blue shells, plus for some reason i'll go randomly really slow... dont know if other people have that problem.

some other people mentioned cooking mama 2, i love it! although its annoying when you only get one step wrong and it ruins the 'dish'. while i love it it does make me really hungry when they show you the end picture :(

Guest vividified
My Japanese Coach only has a little hiragana and katakana, the rest being all romaji for a while. They slowly teach you hiragana and katakana until about Lesson 30 (because by then you're supposed to have "learned" all the kana already). The game gets into kanji after you finish all the hiragana/katakana lessons. Like I said, it's really, really slow in the beginning. If you guys have the R4, I can upload my save file so you guys can start on Lesson 30 instead of 1 or whatever and not have to suffer through the beginning. Those of you who are thinking about buying the game, that's awesome. I think it's a lot better than the other My Whatever Coach's. Definitely a good self-teach Japanese program. I'm probably going to end up buying the game myself just to have. :D

mind uploading for me? its so slow in the beginning

anybody got chinese coach save file higher say 45? :ph34r:

Guest Kazen88

Well I PM'ed you a link to my save file. :]

Oh man, I'm starting on My Sims Kingdom. I hope it's better than the first My Sims. @___@

Guest srenity

does anyone know any games that improve french?? or are in french and really basic to understand..? thanks :D , i really need to improve my french lollll

My French Coach ? :lol:

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Well I PM'ed you a link to my save file. :]

Oh man, I'm starting on My Sims Kingdom. I hope it's better than the first My Sims. @___@

It is better than the first one, it has a much bigger map. But the game is soo short I beat it in a day. Technically, I still have things to do but thr storyline is already over...

anyone playing rhapsody: a musical adventure? :D im currently playing it and it's cuuute.

does anyone know any more shoujo ds games? like princess debut?

^OO I DO!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EDGEWORTH!!!!!! cast 5 was so EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC high lolol~~

i'm on justice for all with the kinky french guy's case. fufufufu i'm kinda skeptical of playin the apollo one. =/ iono i like playing phoenix wright..

I tried out My Japanese Coach last night :P

I don't know much Japanese at all so it's teaching me a lot :lol: I'm only up to like Lesson 5 I think xD

Oh, and for some reason, my stylus has been leaving scratch marks on my touch screen O__O Lucky I had a screen protector on so I'm buying another Hori, but I think there's something wrong with my stylus :/ Does anyone know where I can buy new metallic rose stylus? Or if anyone is willing to sell to me? >< I can't find any on ebay, they're all the normal pearl pink ones ><

Guest NO NAME?

Late better than never, right?

R4 <3.

Then you must play both Ouendan 1+2

Haha EBA.

Yup! :D And it finally came about 3 days ago. I've been playing games non-stop. Haha.

Gosh darn it. I'm stuck on that one song by Sambomaster. I can't pass it after trying a million times. Haha. I should try playing the first game.

Is anyone having any troubles with 'Trauma Center - Under the Knife 2'?

I'm stuck on the episode where you disable the electric lock, like episode 6-7 or something.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch on my copy or I broke my DS or that it's just especially hard, but I can't seem to pick up the plugs. It's like my game/DS is not sensing it when I put my stylus on the touch screen. I hope my DS isn't broken. It works for everything else, like when I move the penlight or draw the healing touch star....I got so pissed at it, I sat there for ages trying to pick out the plug...

And as for My Japanese Coach...I don't think it's really necessary if you already know basic Japanese, cause that's all it covers, basic Japanese

Oh yea, last question; are there any more awesome games like 'The World Ends With You'? That was like the best game I've ever played....any receommendations?

I'll let you know if I have any troubles on that part. I'm not as far as you. Haha. I'm at the third episode still :P

edit: I finally passed that part. I thought there was something wrong with the DS, but it isn't. You have to keep pulling it out as fast as you can before the plug that you're taking out lights up. I had to start over about 3 times before I got it. Haha.

Yeah, I wonder if there are any games like TWEWY. I freakin' ♥ that game.

Oh yeah. Has anyone tried fixing their DS from a blown fuse? It seems that I have to fix the DS soon. Whoo, this is going to be fun disassembling the DS.

v I would, but the sucky part is that the sticker of the serial number rubbed off so it's not there anymore. Plus, I think the 1 year warranty has already passed. But I know exactly what to do. I have to test the F1 and F2 fuses and bridge the blown one(s). DS is still working right now though.

Archived