Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest <3 Kim

^Do you keep your memory card in all the time? I heard that the memory card draws power even though the DS is off... Weird.

really? how can it drain power when its off? :/

I leave it in there quite often, and always seems fine to me :/ I don't leave it in there all the time though sinceI have other games :S

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steph1430262970

I'm trying to buy an R4/M3 but it's so confusing D:

do I JUST need the part that goes into the slot 1 of my ds to download games off the internet and play them?

and do I have to buy different versions to download music and go on the web?

And also, what are the micro SD card things? Are they necessary?

If possible, can someone please link me to a good package/product to buy ;D

Thank youu!

Guest marasshi

^You can't just have the R4 cart because there wouldn't be anything to put your games in. It's sort of an adapter thingy, but more... complex? It allows you to read microSD cards (one 1GB card comes with the package, along with a memory card reader). The microSD can hold your games, homebrew, music, videos, etc.

I would recommend the R4, since everyone seems to have it (I have an EDGE cart, which seems to be a CycloDS clone, and something I only bought because it was the most easily available to me -- the CycloDS btw supports microSDHC, which goes up to 32GB, though, so you might want to check it out, too). Check out their official sites for more info.

http://www.r4ds.com/r4ds.htm (R4)

http://www.cyclopsds.com/ (CycloDS)

{People on the internet have been saying the CycloDS is better (no need to rename your ROMs, which is cool), but I haven't tried the R4 yet.}

Guest <3 Kim

^ I have an R4 and I don't have to rename my ROMS :/

tokidokimiki: Yeah, you do need a micro SD card, its where your games and stuff are held ^^

Guest TrainDriver

my DS hasn't been played since i finished professor layton. wat are u guys playing? i'm probably gonna start ninja gaiden soon.

Guest xthefirst

i take it back, i think i want the cyclo ds evolution instead of the r4. :]

can i order it from someone, please? like, someone buys it w/ the 2gb kingston and i pay him/her by money order?

Guest Kazen88

i take it back, i think i want the cyclo ds evolution instead of the r4. :]

can i order it from someone, please? like, someone buys it w/ the 2gb kingston and i pay him/her by money order?

Some places take money order. Like realhotstuff.com. You wouldn't really need someone to buy it for you.

Guest xthefirst

oh really? :D wow! thanks, i'll check it out now then.

i just downloaded about 700 MB worth of games. >< i didn't realize it'd take up THAT much space.

i think i'll order mine around... next week, perhaps? :]

by the way, how trustworthy is the site realhotstuff.com? have any of you ordered from there before?

also, when i put it my zip code, it says it can't recognize it (when i check the shipping costs). what could the problem be?

Guest Steph1430262970

^You can't just have the R4 cart because there wouldn't be anything to put your games in. It's sort of an adapter thingy, but more... complex? It allows you to read microSD cards (one 1GB card comes with the package, along with a memory card reader). The microSD can hold your games, homebrew, music, videos, etc.

I would recommend the R4, since everyone seems to have it (I have an EDGE cart, which seems to be a CycloDS clone, and something I only bought because it was the most easily available to me -- the CycloDS btw supports microSDHC, which goes up to 32GB, though, so you might want to check it out, too). Check out their official sites for more info.

http://www.r4ds.com/r4ds.htm (R4)

http://www.cyclopsds.com/ (CycloDS)

{People on the internet have been saying the CycloDS is better (no need to rename your ROMs, which is cool), but I haven't tried the R4 yet.}

Ohhh I get it nowww!

Thank you so so so so sooooooo much =D

Thank you <3 Kim as welllll!! ^__^

Guest Joanne <3

I'm getting a DSLite on Monday and the cheapest price I've seen it for is $188AUD (I live in Aus :P) at JB... is that a rip off? I also got Nintendogs for my birthday for $28.99 at Toys R Us. Is there anywhere cheaper than JB for the DSLite?

And I'm debating between the blue VS pink colour, too. >__<

Guest tomatomato

does anybody know where i can get a ds lite for cheap in america? refurbished is fine. actually anyone want to sell theirs to me?? color doesn't really matter to me as long as the condition is still good =). i'm looking for anything below $100

Guest TrainDriver

I'm getting a DSLite on Monday and the cheapest price I've seen it for is $188AUD (I live in Aus :P) at JB... is that a rip off? I also got Nintendogs for my birthday for $28.99 at Toys R Us. Is there anywhere cheaper than JB for the DSLite?

And I'm debating between the blue VS pink colour, too. >__<

nup, $188 is pretty much the price every1 sells for. it will never fall in price simply because there is enough demand for it. i recommend after buying it, u go buy an R4 card. btw i also live in aus, so yeh :)

Guest Raindeer

i would recommend getting a case for it and just get a white ds, its a lot more versatile. yeah as ongi3000 says, its pretty much the standard price of a dslite in aus.

btw for the people asking about why the ds doesn't recognize the r4, remember that there are updates for the r4 on its website, and you have to download them once in a while or newer games won't work and crash and ds won't recognize r4 and all that jazz

Guest <3 Kim

nup, $188 is pretty much the price every1 sells for. it will never fall in price simply because there is enough demand for it. i recommend after buying it, u go buy an R4 card. btw i also live in aus, so yeh :)

^ You sound like that economic lecture guy just then :x HAHAHA

but yeah everywhere I go its $188, maybe if you buy a bundle its cheaper since I got mine for $240 + pokemon diamond so My ds was $170aud

Guest Joanne <3

Thanks for the prompt replies, guys :). I want to get the R4 really badly, but I need to save some $ first.

i would recommend getting a case for it and just get a white ds, its a lot more versatile. yeah as ongi3000 says, its pretty much the standard price of a dslite in aus.

Lol, after much thinking, I still have it narrowed down to blue VS pink after deciding not to get black or white >__<. What kind of case would you recommend? A hard one, or a silicone one? How much do they retail for?

By the way, should I buy a protection thingy for the touch screen? Does it annoy gameplay?

Sorry for the many questions... :sweatingbullets:

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:

v Thanks ongi3000 :). Since you seem like an expert, can you also tell me if it matters whether I buy a microSD card that isn't Kingston-branded? Or would it just be safer to go Kingston? ^^ Actually... where do I buy a Kingston in retail stores? >__< *is hopeless loser*

Guest TrainDriver

^screen protectors don't do anything to affect the sensitivity of the screen, so get one if ur fussy about scratches :D i recommend get a hori branded one, u can get it off www.play-asia.com if u can't find any import stores in ur area. i don't have a case myself, but would a silicone case actually protect the DS from shock damage???

Guest Kazen88

@Joanne0391

I think a case covering the DS is kinda unnecessary. The hard ones make your DS Lite fatter (taking the Lite out of DS Lite) and the silicon ones get real dirty real fast and sometimes the color of the case rubs off on the DS. You'd only need a hard case if you plan on dropping your DS frequently (which you shouldn't be doing anyways!). Either type of cases are normally around $10. If you're just worried about scratches, I'd recommend a DS skin. You can buy the generic designs on stores or get a custom one online. Either way the skins are also around $10-15. You can peel off the skins when they get too scratched or you want new ones. And get a hard zippered case too. I have a Kroo brand one that's a snug fit for my DS plus a little space for games. Hori has some nice ones you can find on play-asia.com too.

I like using screen protectors because I like keeping my screens for electronics scratch free. If you plan to get some for your DS, I'd recommend the Hori brand like ongi3000 said. They're clear and don't change the color of the screen like some other brands do and they come off easily (I've gone through about 4 other brands that really sucked; a couple were annoying hard to peel off and made the colors on screen slightly off). I've seen Hori screen protectors in Gamestop sometimes. Or again play-asia.com has them.

---

D: Wah that was a long post. Hope that helped a little.

Guest Joanne <3

^ Tokidokimiki - I'm pretty sure that they do.

~~~~

Thanks for the advice! I am an obsessive compulsive person about scratches, so I think I'd rather invest in the screen protector than the case (I don't intend on dropping it and I don't want it to be bulkier >_<). Would it be the "Protection Filter DS Lite" that you guys are talking about? I read a review and apparently it comes with a cleaning cloth too, so that isn't too bad ^^. Didn't realise having a DS would cost so much to baby it and all! Haha.

I probably also will buy a zippered case once I save up money - (darn, they make so much money out of additions like these!) I saw this pretty one at JB for $15.

Link to the protection filter:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-1jbm.html

~~~~

EDIT:

I found a cheaper screen protection filter for $3 that claims to be of similar standard to Hori and 50% cheaper.

http://www.gamerswonder.com/index.php?main...f733a6aefc3a98a

Hmmm...

Oh, and mojomunkeez - thanks for that! I looked up a TT and found it for $10 cheaper than the R4. If it works exactly the same, then I guess I'll be buying that one. Just wondering, do you own one or have/had any experiences with it yet? :)

Archived