Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest yukumushio

Yea, the animal crossing was really touching, I thought the mom was playing animal crossing in heaven and sending him presents from there ^^

But..any recommendatiions on good DS games?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vividified

im currently addicted to mario party *__*

and im stuck on last boss stage of drawn to life, lol i swear drawn to life was such a good game cant believed im nearly finishing it

Guest yukumushio

Thanks for recommendation, KEEP 'EM COMING!

Me, I recommend Contra 4 - Like Metal Slug...but harder..much..much harder. It's SOOO fun with 2 people!! Too bad it's multi-card play only T_T

Guest srenity

^have you tried lifesigns yet? i've just finished it! at first i didnt like it (was not a big fan of the art style. not that it should matter), but it grew on me and i'm trying to unlock all the stuff after you beat the game. i want to sound ambiguous since i dont want to spoil too much :P

people say it's a combo of trauma center and phoenix wright.

like tc, it's a doctor surgery game, but you also can move around, talk to people, get stuff, give stuff. there's also some "heart battles" (similar to pw's psyche locks) where you have to convince them to do something in an important decision.

the surgeries can be difficult though, unlike trauma center, you have to be kinda accurate on your strokes and pointing. and unlike tc, you get to diagnose the patient through using the stethoscope, palpatation (feeling for abnormal textures, unforunately there are some perv-players out there that grope unneccessary body parts....), and sight. this is my favorite part of the game =]

depending on how well you do the surgeries, and how well you do on the "heart battles", you can get different endings for each chapter!

however, if you're not a fan of those games that are heavily text-based, then steer away from this game :lol:

Guest monchichi

I've got Trauma Centre on my R4 and it bugs me.... like I finish the operation perfectly but then I die because the damn bandage won't stick >_<

Personally, I don't really like TC because I'm too impatient to do anything carefully... but I do like Phoenix Wright. I've recommended it to all my friends. It's more of a text based point and click adventure game with funny dialogue that'll keep you intrigued and entertained for hours... if you like that kinda stuff.

Oooh, I got Mario Party!! XD But someone on this thread said it was too easy...?? I don't know if the game is against me, but I keep on rolling small numbers and everyone else is always getting stars but me!!! X( Fun mini games though!

I'm getting into Puyo Pop Fever atm, and I quite like it. Also Mr. Driller as well which is quite old but I used to play it on my Dreamcast and it was so much fun!!

I also tried to grow onto Cooking Mama 2... I still think its overwhelming (I've mastered the blender!). There's too much sparkles, hearts, flowers and that stupid charm noise every time you get a 5 star bonus X(

Question: How many recipes are there altogether in Cooking Mama (the first game)? I've got 65 right now but I thought there was 72...? or something like that?? How do you get the rest? Do you have to get 100% in everything???

D~~na: Hehe, yeah - the fake asian accent is really annoying!! But luckily you can just tap the screen and she'll shut up!

i got a Black DS Lite on Black Friday. i upgraded from the old, old DS.

and i also bought MySims. i love it! does anyone else have it?

well it's kinda like Animal Crossing, but with more features and...no animals.

i also have AC which i love. anyways those are the only 2 games i have...

i still play my old, old Mario games from when i had the GameBoy advance. hehe

Guest RS Trax

Portion from my Wii news & Updates thread..

--------------

Crazy week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales! I just finished up Portal (part of the The Orange Box package), and it's easily my favorite game at the moment. The quality of the puzzles are very much like Zelda puzzles. I've uploaded a video capture playing the final stages on YouTube:

Word on the street say that Portal will be coming out for Wii also. If so, I hope they would include some bonus exclusive levels or even maybe a multi-player feature if that's possible.

---------------

The official Japanese website for Fist of the North Star DS is now open. Again with most anime-related titles, the game will mostly never see a release outside of Japan. Produced by Spike, the guys who are also working on upcoming title, No More Heroes and next Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Official website: http://www.spike.co.jp/hokutonoken/

---------------

On the new issue of Nintendo Power comes more details on upcoming title, No More Heroes.

- Nintendo Power has already played through the game, and found it very enjoyable

- Menu systems have a very old school flair (Atari-like)

- Words of encouragement before a boss battle (spoken by Travis) "You are the man! Eye of the tiger! Enter the red zone! Now, off to the garden of madness"

- Travis's battle cry: "Strawberry on the Shortcake!"

- Game flow: Do jobs and assassinations to gain money. Use money to enter ranked matches (boss fights). Deposit money and Sylvia will call concerning bosses. Repeat

- Defeat bosses for health boost and more story

- Upgrade katana, watch wrestling to learn new moves, buy clothes, and more

- not much action outside

- "Dark Mode" is related to the tiger we've seen on screen

- Travis has a cat at his apartment which you can play with, but it doesn't seem to do anything for you

- Wiimote speaker used for when Travis gets a phone call

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Heroes_%28video_game%29

--------------

More info from new NinPow issue include the following.

Mario Kart [Wii] (not final title) info

- Wifi races for at least 12 players

- Executing a successful stunt gives you a "sweet reward"

- 16 brand new tracks plus many older ones

- Spring 2008 release date

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_kart_wii

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

- allows for use of the Cube controller

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Riders:_Zero_Gravity

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

- early 2008 release date

Samba de Amigo

- Gearbox pushed Sega to make the game

- Gearbox says forum users clamored for a new Samba de Amigo

- New and old songs

- Hustle mode returns

- Miis will be involved somehow

- Wifi multiplayer being discussed, but not confirmed

Sega Superstars Tennis

- Sonic plus 15 other Sega characters (Amy, Eggman, Samba de Amigo, Ulala and Aiai)

- spring 2008

- 10-12 courts, influenced by Sega games

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

-The main character (Will), survived on canned food and bread after the meteor hit. Once again, the meteor destroyed almost all of earth’s population

- 26 main missions

- 30 "training" missions to unlock

- Bike infantry - moves quick but not a lot of firepoewr

- New tank: Flare - shoots a ball of bright light to push back fog

- Aircraft: Duster - can attack aircrafts but isn’t too powerful

- Mobile Cannons

- Over 150 multiplayer campaigns

- Create, upload, download and rank new maps

- voice chat over wifi

---------------

Release dates for Q1 2008

– Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney [DS] - February 2008

– Okami [Wii] – spring 2008

– Sega Bass Fishing [Wii]– Early 2008

– Along in the Dark [DS] – TBA

– Final Fantasy IV [DS] – 2008

– Worms: A Space Oddity [Wii] – March 2008

– Harvey Birdman [Wii] – January 2008

– One Piece: Unlimited Adventure [Wii] – Q1 2008

– Bomberman Land Touch! 2 [DS] – January 2008

--------------

Catch up on my previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest vividified
hey im really confused about the r4 modchip thing...im wondering do i have to buy a separate micro SD thingy with it (is this the memory card??)??? X____x...errr...also which is better the M3 or the R4....?? please help me! lol

It can come with or without the micro sd

depends on which company you buy it from.

most people have the r4 im not sure what the differences are... R4 has moonshell im not sure about M3

Oooh, I got Mario Party!! XD But someone on this thread said it was too easy...?? I don't know if the game is against me, but I keep on rolling small numbers and everyone else is always getting stars but me!!! X( Fun mini games though!

I'm getting into Puyo Pop Fever atm, and I quite like it. Also Mr. Driller as well which is quite old but I used to play it on my Dreamcast and it was so much fun!!

I also tried to grow onto Cooking Mama 2... I still think its overwhelming (I've mastered the blender!). There's too much sparkles, hearts, flowers and that stupid charm noise every time you get a 5 star bonus X(

Question: How many recipes are there altogether in Cooking Mama (the first game)? I've got 65 right now but I thought there was 72...? or something like that?? How do you get the rest? Do you have to get 100% in everything???

Playing mario party is such a pain coz im never get the most stars :sweatingbullets:. Some of the mini games really bug me

Pretty sure cooking mama 1 has 70. i went up 68 recipes and gave up.. how much does cooking mama 2 has? DAMN fob cooking mama she bugs me a whole lot too.

Guest monchichi

Hiphoper: If you're from Melbourne, Australia and want a Micro SD card, I know a place that sells it for VERY CHEAP. I wish I had known of the place before I spent $50 for a 1gig card when I could've spent $35 for a 2gig card T_T

Anyway I got an R4 and I've no idea what the heck M3 is.... so I recommend R4 because I have it and it works fine :D I've changed my DS background and everything so it looks quite spunky!

You can buy from:

http://www.bamboogaming.com/

Which is where I got it from.

vivified: Yay! So it's not just me with Mario Party! Is there a setting to decrease the difficulty? T_T The Com players are cheating! I just know it!! No idea how many recipes are in CM2... I reckon there'll be something like 100.... and I think Cooking Mama should change her name to Fobby Mama >.< No offense to anyone!!

But jeebus... I hope the production managers of CM/CM2 listen to our complaints and tone it down a bit with CM3... if there will be a CM3... I'd like an option where you can make up your own recipes!! XD That would be so much fun!!!

Guest mnguyen725

hi everyone, i got my r4 last week and i've been trying to dl games. i went to this site and the games i dled need to be unzipped. how do i do that? sorry if i sound stupid, i've never unzipped files before.

Thanks so much & sorry if this is a stupid question.

I was having an argument with my boss earlier today about whether or not a ds was a gameboy. I said it wasn't and he said they were the same thing. He bet me that it would say gameboy on the box, well it does, but only about it's ability to play gameboy advance games. But I'm right, correct? A ds is not a gameboy, right?

I was having an argument with my boss earlier today about whether or not a ds was a gameboy. I said it wasn't and he said they were the same thing. He bet me that it would say gameboy on the box, well it does, but only about it's ability to play gameboy advance games. But I'm right, correct? A ds is not a gameboy, right?

well...GameBoy was the first one Nintendo made. remember those HUGE grey ones from wayyy back in the day? then they came out with GameBoy Color...then GameBoy Advance...then GameBoy AdvanceSP....then Nintendo DS (they dropped the GameBoy name)....then Nintendo Micro (which didn't too good)...and now the Nintendo DS Lite. so in a way the DS is like a GameBoy. different generations ya know? like iPOD, iPOD mini, iPOD nano...but they're all iPOD's. well that's how i see it. feel free to correct me :)

Guest monchichi

LOL I'm finding that so amusing... I wish my boss was 'in touch' with things like gameboys or DS's...

Hrmm.... well. If you're talking about the gameboy console and the DS console, then yes it is completely different because they look different and are used in a different way when playing. I can't believe we all used to play with that grey brick of a console.... but it was the best thing on earth back then... with that annoying high pitched chime when you first turn it on....

Anyway! a gameboy and a DS would be the same if you're talking about hand held consoles as a whole because that's what they are... hand held consoles and that fact makes them the same thing.

So... in a way, both you and your boss are correct. They are different but at a basic level, they are the same thing.

When the DS was announced, I remember Nintendo saying it would be a "third pillar" ....seperate from the GBA and the current main console. Now that it is extremely successful, it will probably replace the "Game Boy" and be the only supported portable console. I cant imagine them making another "Gameboy" model.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

i think the gameboy and the ds are separate as well.

simply because the ds is a "ds" because of the "dual screen".

and its unique feature of using a touchscreen and microphone to play games.

it is definitely not a game boy.

Archived