Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 23-29, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

But both shows paled in comparison to the much hyped Saimdang, Light’s Diary, which aired a double header on Thursday to keep its airing schedule current, and pulled in very, very good numbers.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Thursday, Jan. 26      
Chief Kim 2 KBS 7.2%
Missing 9 4 MBC 5.3%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 1 SBS 15.6%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 2 SBS 16.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-23-29-2017/

*** So NICE to know this. I’m sure the PD must be happy with his works in “Saimdang”. It seems like a really interesting story. But, wait – another historical genre? SSH current drama is good & it’s doing well right now. Currently, the motto going around the K-drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. SSH will always have a soft spot in my heart. :lol:

Song Seung-heon courted for Saimdang PD’s next drama

SongSeungHeon1.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/song-seung-heon-courted-for-saimdang-pds-next-drama/

***I always wish the best for him. :lol:

Song Seung Heon Names Favorite Female Co-Star, Is Naturally Asked About Marriage

song seung heon 3

In the January 31 episode of SBS’s “One Night of TV Entertainment,” Song Seung Heon sat down for an interview to promote his current drama, “Saimdang, Light’s Diary.”

During the interview, Song Seung Heon was asked which female actress he had the best chemistry with, to which he replied, “What should I say?” before hinting, “It was best with that person,” in reference to his girlfriend Liu Yi Fei, whom he met while filming “The Third Way of Love.” The couple went public with their relationship in August 2015.

song seung heon 2

When asked why he was attracted to her, the actor got flustered, asking, “That wasn’t in the questions, was it?” He then said, “It wasn’t during the filming, it was towards the end [that I became attracted to her.]”

Song Seung Heon was also asked about marriage, where he said, “It’s my dream to have a happy family after marriage. Although I can withstand criticism, I dream of being a great father more than a great actor.”

He added, “I’m really envious of my friends who have wives and children.”

song seung heon

Hope his dream comes true soon!

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 1

***I heard that the drama will be made free online to add momentum in viewership. "Saimdang" started out strong, with its first two episodes airing back-to-back. Ratings, however, dipped as the show progressed. The show's first four episodes will be made free to watch on SBS's website until Feb. 13. SBS will also air a special daytime episode on Wednesday to explain the story to help viewers better understand the plot and assured viewers that "Saimdang's story will begin in earnest from episode five. :lol:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Jan. 30-Feb. 5, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Feb. 1      
Chief Kim 3 KBS 12.8%
Missing 9 5 MBC 4.8%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 3 SBS 13.0%
Thursday, Feb. 2      
Chief Kim 4 KBS 13.8%
Missing 9 6 MBC 4.8%
Saimdang, Light’s Diary 4 SBS 12.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-jan-30-feb-5-2017/

On February 1, 2017 at 10:03 AM, willenette said:

***I always wish the best for him. :lol:

Song Seung Heon Names Favorite Female Co-Star, Is Naturally Asked About Marriage

song seung heon 3

In the January 31 episode of SBS’s “One Night of TV Entertainment,” Song Seung Heon sat down for an interview to promote his current drama, “Saimdang, Light’s Diary.”

During the interview, Song Seung Heon was asked which female actress he had the best chemistry with, to which he replied, “What should I say?” before hinting, “It was best with that person,” in reference to his girlfriend Liu Yi Fei, whom he met while filming “The Third Way of Love.” The couple went public with their relationship in August 2015.

song seung heon 2

When asked why he was attracted to her, the actor got flustered, asking, “That wasn’t in the questions, was it?” He then said, “It wasn’t during the filming, it was towards the end [that I became attracted to her.]”

Song Seung Heon was also asked about marriage, where he said, “It’s my dream to have a happy family after marriage. Although I can withstand criticism, I dream of being a great father more than a great actor.”

He added, “I’m really envious of my friends who have wives and children.”

song seung heon

Hope his dream comes true soon!

Source (1) soompi news

Hi Willenette! I read rumour from LYF's loyal fan. She said Lyf has no public events in the past few months and she guessed Lyf has been pregnant. I hope this is true. Because SSH really like children. 

6 hours ago, willenette said:

***I heard that the drama will be made free online to add momentum in viewership. "Saimdang" started out strong, with its first two episodes airing back-to-back. Ratings, however, dipped as the show progressed. The show's first four episodes will be made free to watch on SBS's website until Feb. 13. SBS will also air a special daytime episode on Wednesday to explain the story to help viewers better understand the plot and assured viewers that "Saimdang's story will begin in earnest from episode five. :lol:

Yes, I read it too. SSH has not yet appeared in this drama. Honestly, i skip a lot of scene because no SSH in it. 

I watch Saimdang just for SSH. :grin:

12 hours ago, Mari95 said:

Hi Willenette! I read rumour from LYF's loyal fan. She said Lyf has no public events in the past few months and she guessed Lyf has been pregnant. I hope this is true. Because SSH really like children. 

Hi Mari, oh, it's been quite a while since the last that I've seen you here. Really? OMG - :tongue:

12 hours ago, Mari95 said:

Yes, I read it too. SSH has not yet appeared in this drama. Honestly, i skip a lot of scene because no SSH in it. 

I watch Saimdang just for SSH. :grin:

*** Ye, I wonder what EP will he be appearing...................I'm also doing the same thing as you do by skipping those scenes without SSH yet. Like you, I watch that drama mainly for him. :lol:

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Mari, oh, it's been quite a while since the last that I've seen you here. Really? OMG - :tongue:

*** Ye, I wonder what EP will he be appearing...................I'm also doing the same thing as you do by skipping those scenes without SSH yet. Like you, I watch that drama mainly for him. :lol:

SSH will appear in episode 5. I'll watch it :wub: Can't wait for tomorrow. I hope rating episode 5 will be better. 

Fun Facts: 7 Things To Know Before Watching “Saimdang: Soulmates Across Time”

After much delays and anticipation, Seoul Broadcasting System’s (SBS) latest blockbuster Korean drama, “Saimdang: Soulmates Across Time” (aka “Saimdang: Light’s Diary”, 사임당: 빛의 일기), made its premiere on Oh!K.

Based on the the life of Joseon-era artist Shin Saimdang, who is the first woman to appear on a South Korean banknote (50,000 won), the fusion sageuk (historical/period) K-Drama stars an all-star cast of Lee Young Ae, Song Seung Heon, Choi Jong Hwan, Oh Yoon Ah, and Choi Cheol Ho. Expectations are through the roof as this marks Lee Young Ae’s first small screen appearance since “Dae Jang Geum” in 2003.

Source: Antara News Source: Antara News

The 30-episode drama follows a Korean art history lecturer named Seo Ji Yoon (played by Lee Young Ae) who discovers the diary of historical figure Shin Saimdang (also played by Lee Young Ae), a genius poet-artist from the Joseon-era. She then tries to unravel the secrets behind a mysterious portrait drawn by Lee Gyeom (played by Song Seung Heon).

In order to prep you for the K-Drama, here are some fun facts about “Saimdang”:

1. Who exactly is Shin Saimdang?

Source: Naver Source: Naver

Born in Gangneung, Shin Saimdang was raised in a household full of daughters (she had 4 younger sisters) and as her father was a government official, she managed to receive an education that was not common for women during the Joseon-era. As an artist and painter, her artworks boast lively and delicate colours. Some of her favourite themes include landscapes, flowers, butterflies, grapes, and fish. But she is more than just an influential artist and calligrapher; she is also a dedicated mother to 7 children and South Korea’s maternal icon. Dubbed the “original working mother” or “wise mother”, she was the mother of the Korean Confucian scholar Yi I.

“A working mom and an artist, raising 7 children… trying to realise her art and take charge of running the household. I imagined there would be a lot of emotions brimming underneath,” said scriptwriter Park Eun Ryeong (of “Saving Mrs. Go Bong Shil” fame).

2. Lee Young Ae pays tribute to her 2005 hit movie, “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance”

Source: Soompi Source: Soompi

Before Lee Young Ae tied the knot with her Korean-American husband, the actress starred in “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” (친절한 금자씨), a thriller helmed by prolific director, Park Chan Wook (of “OldBoy” fame). In the well-received movie, she played Geum Ja, a woman who seeks revenge after serving time in jail for a murder she didn’t commit.

As a tribute to her iconic character, she can be seen wearing a retro dress and big sunglasses in the latest stills for “Saimdang”. A staff from the drama explained, “Lee Young Ae will be going from one extreme to another as she acts as both the noble Shin Saimdang and the charming Seo Ji Yoon. Please look forward to it.”

3. Song Seung Heon on filming with his idol, Lee Young Ae

Source: korea.com Source: korea.com

Song Seung Heon, who has been acting in television shows since 1996 (that’s 21 years!), revealed that he, like all Korean men, is a mega fanboy of his co-star, Lee Young Ae, since her “Dae Jang Geum” days. And because of that, he made many NGs (No Good) takes during their first shoot together.

“I believe we were shooting our first scene together. I was so nervous, I kept messing up. I couldn’t say my lines properly. I kept asking myself, ‘What’s wrong with you?’ It felt like I returned to my rookie days as an actor. My heart was beating so fast. It’s become a memory filled with many on-set mistakes,” he explained.

4. It marks young actors Park Hye Soo and Yang Se Jong’s first sageuk drama

Source: Soompi Source: Soompi

Up and coming actors Park Hye Soo and Yang Se Jong will be playing the younger versions of Shin Saimdang and Lee Gyeom respectively. While Park Hye Soo, who is best known for her participation in “K-Pop Star 4” (2014), made her acting debut in 2015 through “Young-Pal” (용팔이), Yang Se Jong’s first television role Do In Bum in last year’s hit K-Drama, “Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim” (낭만닥터 김사부).

This marks both stars’ first historical drama and their parts are very important to the development of the 2 leads’ love story. “The scenes that show Saimdang and Lee Gyeom’s childhood are very important. That’s when they go through a crucial event that changes their lives, and it’s also the beginning of a lifelong relationship between the 2. Park Hye Soo and Yang Se Jong portrayed the scenes very well in a unique, yet stable way. Please look forward to it,” explained the drama’s production team.

5. It took about a year to film the drama

Source: SBS Source: SBS

“Saimdang” is 100% pre-produced by Creative Leaders Group Eight, who is known for producing other mega hits like “Boys Over Flowers” (꽃보다 남자) and “Princess Hours” (궁). The drama was filmed for almost a year and because of that, it managed to capture all 4 seasons – spring, summer, autumn, and winter – which is uncommon in K-Dramas. In a sense, this element is similar to “Dae Jang Geum”, which spans across 54 episodes. On top of that, the drama was filmed at many picturesque sites around South Korea such as Hwallaejeong Hall (lotus pond) in Gangneung, Gangchon Rail Park in Chuncheon, and Mulle-gil (waterway of Bukhangang River) in Gangwon-do.

“We did our best to film this drama and I hope that viewers will not miss out on any of the episodes. In the first episode, there is a picturesque scene filmed in Firenze, Italy. This will allow viewers to see the harmony between East and West. There are elements of fantasy that transcend time between past and present which I think is quite interesting,” Lee Young Ae explained.

6. Director Yoon Sang Ho hopes that the drama will score as well as “Descendants of the Sun”

Source: Drama Beans Source: Drama Beans

During a press conference, director Yoon Sang Ho (of “Bride of the Century” fame) expressed high expectations for “Saimdang” and his hope for it to become as popular and successful as “Descendants of the Sun”, a pre-produced drama that stars Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

He said, “Many people had doubts about ‘Descendants of the Sun’ before it became a big hit. Personally, I think it’s really well-made, and I’m envious of the drama for being a positive precedent for pre-produced dramas. It’s good news for us though. I’d like our drama to do as well as ‘Descendants of the Sun’ did, and hopefully pre-produced dramas will not disappear from the Korean drama industry.”

7. It is one of the most expensive K-Dramas ever made and sold

Source: Han Cinema Source: Han Cinema

“Saimdang” costs USD18.5 million (approx. RM82.1 million) to produce, surpassing “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo”, which was produced with USD13 million (approx. RM57.7 million). According to the Korean Herald, its Chinese rights were sold to Emperor Entertainment, a Hong Kong-based company, for USD267,000 per episode. That’s a total of USD8 million!

And that’s not all – distribution rights have also been sold to at least 6 countries including US-based Netflix (at USD20,000 per episode), Japan (USD90,000 per episode), Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia. It was also reported that sales of merchandise and products placed in the show would estimate up to USD29.7 million.

“Saimdang” aired at the same time as Korea, every Wednesday and Thursday at 9pm, first and exclusively on Oh!K (Astro Ch 394).

14 hours ago, Mari95 said:

SSH will appear in episode 5. I'll watch it :wub: Can't wait for tomorrow. I hope rating episode 5 will be better. 

Hi Mari, oh, thanks for sharing this info - I'll wait for this. Ye, I hope the ratings will increase now this time. :lol:

“Saimdang, Light’s Diary” Producers To Make New Edits To The Drama

saimdang light's diary song seung hun lee young ae

SBS’s “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” has announced its decision to adjust certain parts the drama.

On February 8, a source from the “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” crew stated, “We modified and amended the drama to speed up the tempo of the story.”

The completely pre-produced drama wrapped up shooting in September of last year. The drama went through heavy editing in preparation for broadcast in order to present a more thoroughly made product to the audience.

After the first four episodes were aired, the broadcast schedule of “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” was switched from weekends to weekdays, and the production staff decided that many elements required changes in consideration of the viewers.

The producers clarified that there was no special reason for their decision, as these adjustments are necessary when creating pre-produced dramas. The changes were made in order to improve its strength and flow, even if only by a little.

The production of the show particularly called for more care and caution with stars like Lee Young Ae,Song Seung Hun, and Oh Yoon Ah in its lineup. There is increasing anticipation as to whether “Saimdang Light’s Diary” will experience a boost in viewership ratings when these changes are reflected in the fifth episode.

22 hours ago, Mari95 said:

“Saimdang, Light’s Diary” Producers To Make New Edits To The Drama

SBS’s “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” has announced its decision to adjust certain parts the drama.

On February 8, a source from the “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” crew stated, “We modified and amended the drama to speed up the tempo of the story.”

The completely pre-produced drama wrapped up shooting in September of last year. The drama went through heavy editing in preparation for broadcast in order to present a more thoroughly made product to the audience.

After the first four episodes were aired, the broadcast schedule of “Saimdang, Light’s Diary” was switched from weekends to weekdays, and the production staff decided that many elements required changes in consideration of the viewers.

The producers clarified that there was no special reason for their decision, as these adjustments are necessary when creating pre-produced dramas. The changes were made in order to improve its strength and flow, even if only by a little.

The production of the show particularly called for more care and caution with stars like Lee Young Ae,Song Seung Hun, and Oh Yoon Ah in its lineup. There is increasing anticipation as to whether “Saimdang Light’s Diary” will experience a boost in viewership ratings when these changes are reflected in the fifth episode.

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing this. I feel sad & bad for the drama that it suffered another blow as its competitor "Good Manager" enjoyed a steady rise in ratings.  According to Nielsen Korea, last night's episode "Saimdang" recorded a 10.7-percent nationwide viewership, dropping 1.6 percentage points from last week's episode. The show started out strong, with the first two back-to-back episodes. But the show started to struggle afterwards. :(

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing this. I feel sad & bad for the drama that it suffered another blow as its competitor "Good Manager" enjoyed a steady rise in ratings.  According to Nielsen Korea, last night's episode "Saimdang" recorded a 10.7-percent nationwide viewership, dropping 1.6 percentage points from last week's episode. The show started out strong, with the first two back-to-back episodes. But the show started to struggle afterwards. :(

Sad to hear the bad news :(

I've watched episode 5, and SSH also appears briefly. The drama is more focused on LYA. even before the episode 5 aired, they promote LYA will appear more in the Joseon era. but this does not seem to attract viewers.

I also skipped many scene of episode 5, i just watch SSH part. Sorry if I offended someone, but frankly the part where LYA appears it was boring for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mari95 said:

Sad to hear the bad news :(

I've watched episode 5, and SSH also appears briefly. The drama is more focused on LYA. even before the episode 5 aired, they promote LYA will appear more in the Joseon era. but this does not seem to attract viewers.

I also skipped many scene of episode 5, i just watch SSH part. Sorry if I offended someone, but frankly the part where LYA appears it was boring for me.

Hi Mari, I know ever since that this drama will be focused more on LYA. That's why, I was wondering whether SSH will accept this or not at first.. :(

• Like 1

'Same Party', 'Lee Young Ae X Song Seung Heon' still power! 1st place in audience rating such as Taiwan and Singapore

'Sajeongdang, a diary of light' has overtaken both the audience rating and the subjectivity in overseas and announced the start of the fever.

Seo Ji-yoon (Lee Young-ae), a time lecturer who majored in Korean art history, came up with a chance to come to Korea with a chance to come to Korea from the SBS drama special drama 'Sai-dang, a diary of light' (directed by Yoon Sang- The founder, Sai-dang (Lee Young-ae), is a story that traces the secrets of the diary from past to present. This work depicts the immortal relationship between the life of a genius painter Sai-dang and the life of 'Chosun-Gates Gatsby' (Song Seung-heon).

'Same Party', 'Lee Young Ae X Song Seung Heon' still power! 1st place in audience rating such as Taiwan and Singapore
/ Photo = Group Eight, Emperor Entertainment Korea

Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-heon's comeback has been hot and explosive, as expected, in response to the ' The audience rating proves this. KTV, Pay-TV, and GTV-D in South-East Asia including Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

In particular, 'Simei-dong', which occupies the highest position with 55% of the audience share in 'KOREAN GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT' in the Oh! K channel, has a hot topic with 230% ahead of its rivals . Local media, including Singapore, are also showing a keen interest in reporting the ratings of the 'Siding Party' every day.

Taiwan's GTV-D also ranked # 1 in the same time zone, raising a big topic. Taiwan GTV was broadcast on 'Dae Jang Geum'. 'Same Party' has a high rating compared to previous Korean dramas, as well as the first time audience rating of the same time zone.

More encouraging is local response. The visual and hottie, which have come back for 13 years and 4 years, attracted the attention of Visual and Hot Yoon, who have deviated from the years of Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Heon. The beauty of showing Korean color and fashion such as Hanbok, I am capturing. The fact that Sajimang and Seoji Yoon are in front of the drama also captivated the hearts of the main audiences. It is expected that the audience rating will be more resilient after the 5th time adult actors such as Lee Young Ae, Song Seung Heon and Oh Yoon Ah appear full-fledged.

Taiwanese viewers who had received the broadcast showed the reaction such as "Lee, Young-ae, .. more forward" and "the scenery of Korea was so beautiful." In Japan, , "Even the introduction is the best. I'm completely attracted. I look forward to further development. "

Meanwhile, 'Simei-dang', through the Unpyeong case, announced the start of full-fledged talks with the fate of major figures such as Sajimang, Lee Sik, Seok Soon, It is also expected to see how the story of Siberia 's rival 음 음 당 당 당 당 당 당 당 가 가 가 가 가 is expected to unfold. The 6th edition of 'Siding Party' will be broadcast on SBS on Thursday night (10th).

/ Seo Kyeong Star News reporter sestar@sedaily.com

‘Saimdang, Light’s Diary,’ though fictional, pursues truth

20170208%20saimdang%201.jpg

Spoiler

Shin Saimdang (신사임당, 申師任堂) (1504-1551), the epitome of a mid-Joseon perfect wife and wise mother, was an artist, calligraphist and poet. She was also good at weaving. She had a comprehensive knowledge of neo-Confucianism, literature and history. She was also the mother of renowned scholar Yi Yi (이이, 李珥) (1536-1584), known by his penname Yulgok (율곡, 栗谷). Many historical films and soap operas have been based on her life.

Her visage even appears on the KRW 50,000 banknote.

Recently, her story was once again made into a TV show, this time on the SBS drama “Saimdang, Light's Diary.” In the show's 30 episodes, Shin’s life is spiced up with a fictional character Yi Gyeom, with whom she forms a romantic bond at beautiful sites scattered across Gangwon-do Province.

The carefully crafted TV show doesn't only take place in the past, but also in a modern setting. Characters from the past and the present get involved in heated disputes over the authenticity of a fictional work of art called the “Geumgangsando" (금강산도) by An Gyeon (안견, 安堅), a Joseon painter. The modern character Seo Ji-yoon, also played by Lee Young-ae, is a descendant of Shin Saimdang and she's a modern-day historian who tries to solve the mystery behind the diary and a piece of drawing, presumably left by her ancestor.

The TV show “Saimdang, Light's Diary” is set in both Joseon and contemporary times. The art scholar Seo Ji-yoon, a descendant of Shin Saimdang, and Han Sang-hyun, a descendant of Yi Gyeom, try to solve a mystery behind relics left by the Joseon artist.

The TV show “Saimdang, Light's Diary” is set in both Joseon and contemporary times. The art scholar Seo Ji-yoon, a descendant of Shin Saimdang, and Han Sang-hyun, a descendant of Yi Gyeom, try to solve a mystery behind relics left by the Joseon artist.

Although the show deals with a historical figure, the story is mostly fictional. The drama is not only staged in Korea, but also stretches out to Tuscany, Italy.

The classical literature written in traditional Chinese characters adds a bit of color to the story. As most modern Koreans have trouble reading either traditional or simplified Chinese, Hangeul captions are provided.

The historical soap opera weaves an imaginary story that brings its characters all the way to Tuscany, Italy.

The historical soap opera weaves an imaginary story that brings its characters all the way to Tuscany, Italy.

Moreover, the soap opera features a lot of traditional Korean paintings, traditional Hanbok attire and other antique stage settings. In particular, the fictional painting “Mi-indo” of a beautiful woman (미인도), which the character Seo Ji-yoon acquires in Italy, set the chat rooms ablaze for its resemblance to the actress.

Another fictional work of art, An Gyeon’s “Geumgangsando,” plays a major role in the story, too, as it links Joseon-era Shin Saimdang and Yi Gyeom with the present. Because the drawing looks like classical art, it was necessary to explain to the public that it isn't an actual work of art by An Gyeon.

20170208 saimdang 4.jpg

Two fictional works of art appear in 'Saimdang, Light’s Diary': 'Geumgangsando' and 'Mi-indo.'

Two fictional works of art appear in 'Saimdang, Light’s Diary': 'Geumgangsando' and 'Mi-indo.'

This particular TV show deserves attention for using historical events from the 1500s and weaving them into a modern setting. It's not just a boring list of past events, either. The people from the past -- Shin Saimdang, Yi Gyeom and King Jung -- and the people from the present -- Seo Ji-yoon, Han Sang-hyeon and Min Jeong-hak -- are intricately intertwined with each other.

The special effects, often used to make butterflies in the pictures come to life, also add some visual charm to the show.

In 'Saimdang, Light’s Diary,' many scenes are set in Gangneung, Gangwon-do Province, home to the Joseon artist.

In 'Saimdang, Light’s Diary,' many scenes are set in Gangneung, Gangwon-do Province, home to the Joseon artist.

Actress Lee Young-ae holds Soohorang (right) and Bandabi, mascots for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

Actress Lee Young-ae holds Soohorang (right) and Bandabi, mascots for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

Finally, when people talk about the person Shin Saimdang, it's almost impossible not to mention Ojukheon House (오죽헌) in Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do Province. This is where the historical figure used to live. The scenery of the natural vintage house in the mountains is seeable in many episodes. Gangneung is also one of the cities that will host the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games next year.

By Wi Tack-whan, Kim Young Shin
Korea.net Staff Writers
Photos: SBS, Gangwon-do Province government
whan23@korea.kr

Spoiler

"Saimdang: Light's Diary" Seong Seung-heon, "I've never forgotten about you for the past 20 years"

photo817724.jpg

Song Seung-heon and Lee Young-ae reunited for the first time in 20 years.

On the episode of the SBS drama "Saimdang: Light's Diary", Lee Gyeom (Song Seung-heon) and Saimdang (Lee Young-ae) met.

Lee Kyeom was furious to see Saimdang living in a run-down house. "How can this be? You should have a better life if you were going to leave like that. How could you marry someone else?"

Saimdang said, "It's no use crying about it now. What use would it be?" Lee Kyeom said, "No use? I have never forgotten about you for the past 20 years. The promises we made couldn't be erased by the 20 years. I have done everything, but you are still here with me".

"Who is this man who made you like this?" Saimdang answered, "At least I am being responsible for my life. I don't waste my life. What's heartbreaking is the boy I once knew 20 years ago is no longer. I wonder if the past even exists and it saddens me".

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

Translation : Hancinema