Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

On 3/26/2016 at 8:49 PM, Mari95 said:

Liu Yi Fei seen at Gimpo airport, Seoul on March 23, 2016.
He was visiting her boyfriend in Seoul. :wub:

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing the pictures. So happy to see that they're going strong.....So sweet of her to do this - because I guess SSH can't visit her right now because he's busy filming the drama. LYF is so pretty. :P

“Saimdang, the Herstory” in Negotiations With China for Surprising Price

“Saimdang, the Herstory” in Negotiations With China for Surprising Price

On March 28, drama industry representatives reported that SBS’s upcoming drama “Saimdang, the Herstory” sold its Chinese broadcasting rights for the high price of 315 million won ($270,000).

If the sale goes through, it would outstrip KBS’s currently airing “Descendants of the Sun,” which was sold to China for $250,000.

On the same day, a “Saimdang” representative clarified that they were still in negotiations. “It’s true that we’re in negotiations for 315 million won, but nothing is decided yet,” they said. “The price could go down over time.”

The high prices are reported to be due to the appearance of original Hallyu star Lee Young Ae and actor Song Seung Heon, who is well loved in China. The broadcasting rights for “Saimdang” have already been sold to Japan, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia. As a result, Lee Young Ae and director Yoon Sang Ho decided to record the narration of the drama in these languages.

The current record for most expensive Chinese broadcasting rights goes to SBS’s “Pinocchio,” which sold for $280,000.

“Saimdang” is to be 100% pre-produced and will air either in the later half of the year or early next year.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

Hi willenette

There are many news about SSH & LYF break up at Weibo today. 

I'm so sad, because there are a lot of Chinese netizens doesn't like SSH. They told that SSH is using LYF to open his way to China. They even told, SSH side spread the news about their relationship to make him more famous in China. Because the recent day there is news about Saimdang in negotiation, so this hype can help Saimdang sales. 

SSH side already gave statement about this rumour. The rumour is not true. SSH & LYF are still in love each other. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/song-seung-huns-agency-denies-breakup-with-liu-yi-fei

Song Seung Hun's agency denies breakup with Liu Yi Fei

By elliefilet  

song-seung-hun_1459432945_af_org.jpg

Song Seung Hun's agency has denied rumors saying he and Chinese actress Liu Yi Fei have broken up.

On March 31, a Chinese media outlet reported that the two actors broke up after 7 months of dating. However, Song Seung Hun's side has come forward to clear up the rumors. The agency stated, "The breakup rumors are false. Liu Yi Fei even came to Korea to meet with Song Seung Hun recently."

In other news, Song Seung Hun and Liu Yi Fei most recently made headlines for reportedly planning to get married soon.

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=3&ai_id=17212

Song Seung-Heon, the rumor about break up is not true

17212_1.jpg

Actor Song Seung-Heon denied the rumor that he and Crystal Liu broke up.

Song Seung-Heon's spokesman announced through multiple media on March 31st, "We heard that the rumor Song Seung-Heon and Crystal Liu broke up. However, they are going well. Song Seung-Heon is just concentrating on working with SBS drama 'Saimdang the Herstory.'"

Song Seung-Heon and Crystal Liu met through film 'The 3rd Way of Love' and have been dating public since last August.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/31/song-seung-heon-and-liu-yifei-swept-up-in-breakup-rumors-agency-responds/

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei Swept Up in Breakup Rumors; Agency Responds

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei Swept Up in Breakup Rumors; Agency Responds

There have recently been reports that Song Seung Heon and his girlfriend Liu Yifei have broken up, but Song Seung Heon’s side has responded saying it’s not true.

Chinese news outlet Sina Entertainment reported, “There are rumors that Liu Yifei and Song Seung Heon have already broken up.”

In response, an affiliate of Song Seung Heon stated, “The breakup news is completely untrue. They are maintaining a good relationship. Liu Yifei even visited Korea recently and met up with Song Seung Heon.”

Meanwhile, Song Seung Heon is currently busy filming the upcoming SBSdrama “Saimdang, the Herstory,” and Liu Yifei is busy filming a movie in China. Despite obstacles, they are happily continuing their relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

‘The Third Way of Love’ poster released

The main poster for the new Korean-Chinese film “The Third Way of Love” was unveiled on Monday.

It depicts Korean actor Song Seung-heon about to share a kiss with Chinese actress Liu Yifei, who is also known as Crystal Liu.

Poster of "The Third Way of Love"

The melodrama is a tragic love story between an heir to a business empire, played by Song, and a divorced woman, played by Liu.

The pair first meet while sitting on an airplane next to each other.

Korean filmmaker John H. Lee, whose Korean name is Lee Jae-han, directed this movie. He had previously worked on the film “A Moment To Remember” (2004). Another film of his, “Operation Chromite,” is tentatively scheduled to premiere in July.

“The Third Way of Love” is set to be released on May 19.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

POLL: Which upcoming K-dramas of 2016 are you looking forward to the most?

There are so many amazing looking K-dramas coming up for the summer and fall of 2016 that it's hard to keep up! So the big question is, out of these 19 upcoming K-dramas, which ones are you looking forward to the most?

9. Saimdang, the Herstory

Starring Lee Young Ae and Song Seung Hun

Saimdang, the Herstory is based on the life of Shin Saimdang, a female artist and mother of the Korean Confucian scholar Yulgok in the 1500s. Lee Young Ae plays two roles, Shin Saimdang and a university lecturer with expertise on Korean art history who unravels the secrets in Shin Saimdang's diary and a mysterious painting of a woman. Lee Young Ae is going to play the renowned historical figure Shin Saimdang after a 12-year break since her last drama, Jewel in the Palace.

Premiere: Second half of 2016 on SBS

90d64367-7dde-4ac1-92ef-ea6e3b41cc13.jpg

LINK to Vote : https://www.dramafever.com/news/poll-which-k-dramas-of-2016-are-you-looking-forward-to-the-most-/

You From Another Star, Heirs, and Decendents of the Sun Take Top Three Rank in Most Popular K-dramas in China

With the conclusion of Descendants of the Sun it’s a perfect time to check in with the popularity of K-dramas in China and see where this newest ratings breaker resides. Polling website Vlinkage just released the Top 30 Most Popular K-dramas in China list as of April 2016 and it’s rare for me to feel like this is one accurately reflective ranking. It doesn’t just include recent dramas but even oldies like Autumn in My Heart and Full House are on the list.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Vlinkage Top 30 Popular Ranked K-dramas in China:

1. You From Another Star
2. Heirs
3. Descendants of the Sun
4. City Hunter
5. Pinocchio
6. You’re Beautiful
7. Secret Garden
8. I Hear Your Voice
9. The Master’s Sun
10. Rooftop Prince
11. It’s Okay, It’s Love
12. Queen In Hyun’s Man
13. Missing You
14. My Girl
15. The Moon Embraces the Sun
16. Autumn in My Heart
17. Full House
18. Goong
19. Boys Before Flowers
20. A Gentleman’s Dignity

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/16/you-from-another-star-heirs-and-decendents-of-the-sun-take-top-three-rank-in-most-popular-k-dramas-in-china/

Yoona and Kim Soo Hyun Top the Vlinkage 2016 Most Popular Korean Male and Female Star List in China

After releasing the list of current most popular K-dramas in China, polling site Vlinkage is back with the Top 30 list of most popular Korean male and female stars, respectively. Some are long time regulars on any Korean star popularity list while others are a surprise to me but adds diversity to this list.

(skipped unrelated.....)

scsc.jpg

Top 30 Most Popular in China male Korean stars:

1. Kim Soo Hyun
2. Song Joong Ki
3. Lee Min Ho
4. Lee Jong Seok
5. Park Hae Jin
6. Rain
7. Kim Woo Bin
8. Park Shi Hoo
9. Jang Geun Seok
10. Ji Chang Wook
11. Kim Ki Bum
12. Joo Jin Mo
13. Song Seung Heon
14. Yoo Seung Ho
15. Lee Jun Ki

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/18/yoona-and-kim-soo-hyun-top-the-vlinkage-2016-most-popular-korean-male-and-female-star-list-in-china/

The main trailer of Song Seung Heon & Liu Yifei's 'Third Way of Love' released

The main trailer of Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei (刘亦菲)'s 'Third Way of Love' has been released.

On April 20th, the production team of movie 'Third Way of Love' released the main trailer of the film.

'Third Way of Love' evolves around the romance that blossoms between a man who has desperately been looking for a true love and a woman who does not believe in true love.

The main trailer offers a glimpse into the romance that Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei will present through 'Third Way of Love.'

The trailer shows from the moment the two fall in love with each other up to the conflict that they run into, and beautiful scenes produced by director Lee Jae Han and background music make beautiful match together.

Many people are showing particularly hot reactions for the sincere love that Song Seung Heon shows for Liu Yifei.

The film will show the two building love and trust in each other at a great number of different places around Shanghai, and many movie fans' anticipation for the film is now reaching the peak.

Meanwhile, 'Third Way of Love' will be officially released on May 19th.

The main trailer of Song Seung Heon & Liu Yifei's 'Third Way of Love' released

/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei Show Real Chemistry In Preview Stills Of “The Third Way of Love”

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei Show Real Chemistry In Preview Stills Of “The Third Way of Love”

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yifei’s film “The Third Way of Love” has released six new preview stills, hinting the audience of their lovely chemistry.

This romantic film is about a man named Im Gae Jung (Song Seung Heon), who wants to love, and a woman named Chu Woo (Liu Yifei), who doesn’t believe love is necessary. The two coincidentally meet and start their secretive yet passionate relationship.

Since the two are in an actual relationship, the photos taken while filming their date look very natural and lovely.

the third way of love song seung heon liu yifei2

Even in an interview about “The Third Way of Love,” Song Seung Heon said that his teamwork with Liu Yifei was so smooth that filming the movie was not hard at all.

He continued to praise Liu Yifei, saying, “She is a very talented actress who always stays true to her feelings in each scene and is great at staying in character.”

the third way of love song seung heon liu yifei3

Liu Yifei also praised Song Seung Hun, saying, “I thought Song Seung Hun was the perfect one to play Im Gae Jung. I am so lucky to be working with him.”

“The Third Way of Love” will be coming to theaters in Korea on May 19. It was previously released in China last September.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

5 Classic shows that started my K-drama addiction

e0bd2ee9-ce0a-47b5-a565-89ea6dcd9661.png

It's a fact that K-dramas are addictive, and every K-drama addict has those special dramas that first lured them into dramaland. Whether it was the storyline, actors, scenery or the handsome leading man, here are the very first K-dramas I watched that really got me hooked on the genre.

(skipped unrelated.....)

5. Summer Scent

I have to be completely honest: the handsome Song Seung Hun was the only reason I started watching this four season series. He looks so much like a guy I had a crush on my first semester of college, it's scary! However, the breathtaking scenery and catchy soundtrack held my interest until the very end. It's impossible not to be attached to a story about truly following your heart. Song Seung Hun and Son Ye Jin's on-screen chemistry was spectacular.

source : dramafever

*** I’m glad to see SSH back in works. To me he is awesome and always will be….:P

May 25, 2016

Much-hyped ‘Saimdang’ to hit the air in Oct.

The much-anticipated drama series “Saimdang: The Herstory” has set its first airing date.

The drama series featuring actress Lee Young-ae of the hugely popular drama series “Jewel in the Palace” (2003-04) will begin airing on Saturday, Oct. 1, on SBS.

“Saimdang” is generating much excitement even far in advance because it is Lee’s first drama since “Jewel in the Palace,” which is often said to have created the first Korean Wave in the early 2000s.

The show even earned viewership ratings of 90 percent in Iran.

A person who is in the know told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, on Tuesday that “Saimdang” is almost finished filming and Lee has a few more scenes to shoot.

The drama series will hit the air in both Korea and China simultaneously. The drama already sold its distribution rights in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia as well.

“Saimdang” centers around Shin Saimdang (1504-51), one of the most well-known historical figures of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). Shin graces the 50,000 won bill and is one of the most well-known historical figures of her time. The versatile woman is known for her calligraphy works and realistic drawings.

The drama series jumps between the Joseon Dynasty and modern Seoul. Lee will portray Shin as well as Seo Ji-yun, a contemporary college lecturer who teaches Korean art history. Seo is intrigued by the life of Shin and solves mysteries related to Shin’s drawings.

By Sung So-young

credit : JoongAngDaily

2 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I’m glad to see SSH back in works. To me he is awesome and always will be….:P

May 25, 2016

Much-hyped ‘Saimdang’ to hit the air in Oct.

The much-anticipated drama series “Saimdang: The Herstory” has set its first airing date.

The drama series featuring actress Lee Young-ae of the hugely popular drama series “Jewel in the Palace” (2003-04) will begin airing on Saturday, Oct. 1, on SBS.

“Saimdang” is generating much excitement even far in advance because it is Lee’s first drama since “Jewel in the Palace,” which is often said to have created the first Korean Wave in the early 2000s.

The show even earned viewership ratings of 90 percent in Iran.

A person who is in the know told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, on Tuesday that “Saimdang” is almost finished filming and Lee has a few more scenes to shoot.

The drama series will hit the air in both Korea and China simultaneously. The drama already sold its distribution rights in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia as well.

“Saimdang” centers around Shin Saimdang (1504-51), one of the most well-known historical figures of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). Shin graces the 50,000 won bill and is one of the most well-known historical figures of her time. The versatile woman is known for her calligraphy works and realistic drawings.

The drama series jumps between the Joseon Dynasty and modern Seoul. Lee will portray Shin as well as Seo Ji-yun, a contemporary college lecturer who teaches Korean art history. Seo is intrigued by the life of Shin and solves mysteries related to Shin’s drawings.

By Sung So-young

credit : JoongAngDaily

http://ent.enorth.com.cn/system/2001/09/19/000148189.shtml

I'm upset, cause SSH is not mentioned in many articles about Saimdang. They only write LYA. 

I do not understand why Korean people do not appreciate SSH.

He was the one who contributed in spreading hallyu wave. but unfortunately, they only said LYA, BYJ, WB as pioneer of Hallyu wave. "Autumn in my heart" is the first korean drama known by Asian people, long before Winter Sonata and Jewel in the Palace.

Sorry I said the negative things, but frankly I was dissapointed

I'm sure a lot of people want to watch Saimdang for the sake of SSH.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mari95 said:

http://ent.enorth.com.cn/system/2001/09/19/000148189.shtml

I'm upset, cause SSH is not mentioned in many articles about Saimdang. They only write LYA. 

I do not understand why Korean people do not appreciate SSH.

He was the one who contributed in spreading hallyu wave. but unfortunately, they only said LYA, BYJ, WB as pioneer of Hallyu wave. "Autumn in my heart" is the first korean drama known by Asian people, long before Winter Sonata and Jewel in the Palace.

Sorry I said the negative things, but frankly I was dissapointed

I'm sure a lot of people want to watch Saimdang for the sake of SSH.

Hi Mari, actually, this is the reason why I was surprised that SSH accepted to do this drama when in the 1st place this series revolves around more on her. Many people don't like & criticize his acting all the time & IDK why.............because for me, SSH is doing fine. I do understand what you feel because you're a fan so, it's but natural to somehow feel like that. Count me in because I'm of them who will watch this drama mainly for SSH. It's just that I wonder why we hardly get any still from the drama or even read news about it. ;)