老鼠愛大米 (Mice Love Rice) :D

Guest conversebunny

Guest conversebunny
mandarin song~ newbie posting ^^
Hey everyone, I’m Violet! I was introduced to this forum by fantasiimaker. I’ve been leaving comments here and there, but this is my first time posting my singing, so please take a listen! ^^ This is kind of a rushed recording, because I just learned this song yesterday. I liked the song so much when I first heard it I really wanted to sing it. I realized there are many things I could have done better, but I was too tired to fix them…XD; 老鼠愛大米 is one of the most popular songs right now in Asia. I think it's a pretty song, and it also has sweet lyrics…which I attempted to translate. ^^; * 我聽見你的聲音 有種特別的感覺  讓我不斷想不敢再忘記你  我記得有一個人 永遠留在我心中  哪怕只能夠這樣的想你  如果真的有一天 愛情理想會實現  我會加倍努力好好對你永遠不改變  不管路有多麼遠 一定會讓它實現  我會親親在你耳邊對你說 (對你說)* # 我愛你愛著你 就像老鼠愛大米  不管有多少風雨我都會依然陪著你  我想你想著你 不管有多麼的苦  只要能讓你開心我甚麼都願意 這樣愛你# REPEAT *### *I hear your voice, and there’s a special feeling that makes me dare not forget you. I remember someone who will remain in my heart forever. If only I can remember you like this… If one day, my romantic ideal comes true, I will try my hardest to be good to you and never change. No matter how far the road, I will travel it. I will gently whisper in your ear… #I love you, I love you, just like how much mice loves rice. No matter how stormy the weather, I will always stay by your side. I think of you, I think of you. No matter how hard it is as long as I can make you happy, I’m willing to do anything and love you just like this. REPEAT *### Comments are appreciated! Thanks for listening!! 老鼠愛大米

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juki_love

i like your voice!!~ it's peaceful++ and you sang this song really nicely~

when u sing 心 and 情 (i forgot the other one ).. <-- it doesn't sound like the normal pronunciation -___-;; but mayb it's js me ...

what's your native language if i may ask?

overall i really liked it^^~~ post more kk

i like your voice!!~ it's peaceful++ and you sang this song really nicely~

when u sing 心 and 情 (i forgot the other one ).. <-- it doesn't sound like the normal pronunciation -___-;; but mayb it's js me ...

what's your native language if i may ask?

overall i really liked it^^~~ post more kk

agreed ... i dunno mando but i can still hear some mispronounciations .. hehe

u sound young! kinda cute.. hehe

U might pitch the song a little bit lower, cuz u sounded abit strained on the highest notes. other than that.. it was nice ... nice choice on picking the song! supprts ~~

Wow, pretty good for a newbie. I like your voice in that one, so I'm wondering how you'd sound in Endless Story. Keep it up hon. Practice makes perfect ;)

-- Thao

Guest fantasiimaker

Oh yay, you finally posted! =) You have such a sweet/cute voice ^^ I've never actually heard this song before, but I've heard the title xD

It feels like you may have a cantonese accent in your mandarin~ ignore me if I'm mistaken though x_x Maybe some other accent xD Anyway, I can't complain, since my pronounciation is likely worse lol. This is a cute song! You did an excellent job =]

It's great to hear another chinese singer here ^^ I can't wait to hear Endless Story XD

Wow, great job! in both the timing and the pitch. I attempted to sing this song myself, but my voice was way too weak. I knew someone was gonna post up this song sooner or later since it's so popular. I was wondering....whose version did you sing this song to? And is this a real instrumental or only a vocal cut (if it is, it's pretty darn good)?

Guest animagelet

Woww. The lyrics are so cute and cheesy. XP And you have SUCH A PRETTY VOICE!! I love it. *peeks at fantasiimaker's comment* OHohoho. If you're cantonesee, you must sing a canto songg!!! XP!!

i personally hate this song so much. i think it's 垃圾音乐。but i have to say, you did a good job with mixing and stuff. everything was in tune. very cute and pretty voice. yay one more chinese singer!!!

but be careful with pronounciation :)

there were a few words that were pronounced a bit wrong.. like 想,像,i think someone mentioned above. like words that starts with x, you make it sound more s.. and also 这, it sounds diff too. but anyway, thats minor problems.

YOU DID WELL :D

and WELCOME TO SOOMPI!

SING MORE!!!!!!!

Guest conversebunny

juki_love- *embarassed* this is my native language...I spoke Mandarin for 9 years before I learned how to speak English... ^^; but now that you mention it, I think you're right! I DO pronounce words strangely when singing...I don't do that when I speak though. thank you for pointing it out and your nice compliments! ^^

wenwen- hehe I like it too! :D

yandje- thanks! yeah, in this clip I sound like I'm straining for the high notes. I will watch that next time!

:)

Thao- Endless Story is quite difficult...I'm afraid that one might take me a while. it doesn't always turn out the way I want it to...>.< Thanks for taking the time to listen to this one! ^^

fantasiimaker- haha yes I finally did! see, I promised you I would get a clip in this week! ;) haha nope I speak no cantonese. XD I don't know if you've ever heard of Stefanie Sun? I don't know if she's cantonese or not, but I suspect I might have been unconciously mimicking her accent (I've been working on one of her songs, which might have influenced me to sing like this...haha XDD;;) Thanks for listening!!

Emerald Snow- Thank you! lol yeah I was sort of surprised that nobody posted this song yet! I've only heard Chi-wen Wang's version, not Hsian Hsian's (I made up both pin yin on their names XD;). I'm not sure if this is an instrumental or a vocal cut, because I found it on a random website that says it's the instrumental, but sometimes I think I hear a faint voice in the back.

animagelet- yes they are lol :D thanks, I'm so glad you like it! unfortunately, I don't speak cantonese, but I just might try it one day after I correct my mandarin singing pronounciation...XD

NAN- haha I can see why you would think that! thank you for pointing out the exact words that I'm misprouncing, it's very helpful. it's strange, but I guess sometimes I pronounce things weirdly when singing...but I'll be more careful next time if you think it interferes with the song too much. thanks for your wonderful comments! :)

frostx- thank you very much ^^

Guest conversebunny

^ i was just reading your comment to lisa, lol... stephanie sun is from singapore hehe.. she's my fav chinese singer :D :D she has a really cute accent haha

she's very popular in Taiwan, which is where I came from. I like her accent too! I showed someone else this recording, and they said that I kind of sounded like her, which was why I guessed I must have been mimicking her. ^^; I'm working on her song, 愛情證書, right now. Look for it sometime soon! are you from China? I'm guessing that from the simplified Chinese you typed and when you said the words are pronounced with an x. ^^

she's very popular in Taiwan, which is where I came from. I like her accent too! I showed someone else this recording, and they said that I kind of sounded like her, which was why I guessed I must have been mimicking her. ^^; I'm working on her song, 愛情證書, right now. Look for it sometime soon! are you from China? I'm guessing that from the simplified Chinese you typed and when you said the words are pronounced with an x. ^^

呵呵对啊~我北京人咯!! :lol:

你的中文在这里是满像孙燕资的~~

B)

Guest conversebunny

呵呵对啊~我北京人咯!! :lol:

你的中文在这里是满像孙燕资的~~

B)

真的啊? 妳住美國多久了? :)

下面那張照片裡的人是妳嗎? 好漂亮喔!! <3 :D

What a cute song name XD

Its so quiet...I had to turn in up but it sounds pretty.

O_O" You sing with awesomeness! I don't speak any Chinese at all ><" Wish I could, but I don't so I dunno what to say. You have a really pretty voice, it's like....young and cute? I want to sing like you!! Uhm...yeah, sorry. A bit hyper right now ^^0 Anyway, it's an awesome clip. I'm gonna download it when I get to it.

By the way, stop typing in Chinese *hates not understanding stuff* <_<

Wo Ai Ni!! That's the only thing I understand XD

真的啊? 妳住美國多久了? :)

下面那張照片裡的人是妳嗎? 好漂亮喔!! <3 :D

呵呵对啊~ 我在美国快8年了~

照片里是一个有名的聋哑舞蹈演员,她很棒的!

我也很喜欢孔雀舞的说~~呵呵 :P

多唱哦!!!!!! 支持~~

Ohh, I've heard this song before. Yay~ Chinese songs. ^^

妳唱的聲音好好聽哦!

So 妳是從台灣來的人?Awesome~ 我的父母也是台灣出生的,so I'm kind of Taiwanese too. But I can't read simplified Chinese. T_T

Haha, ok, I'll stop there. I'm too lazy to write everything in Chinese. Plus I suck at writing Chinese. I guess that's what I get for not doing my homework when I was in Chinese school :P

Anyway, you have a really pretty voice! Sing more! :D

Guest Hsiang84

hahaha conversebunny and Nan, be careful about "chatting" in the threads 'cause Johnny might close it. :P

but it's cool to see more and more 會唱/寫中文的人:)

This song is sooo over-played tho. When I went to Shanghai last winter this song was played EVERYwhere. omg. craziness.

as for your clip, you have a really cute voice.

Sounds like you used high registers to sing this whole song. Is that how you usually sing? Sounds like it's entirely falsetto or something.

I'm curious how you sound when singing in lower registers and not using falsetto.

Good job :)

Keep posting!

Archived