F4 2nd Teaser Pg 96

Guest virvir111

Guest Jamieâ„¢

is it me or HyunJoong is the most STAND OUT out of all the guys, yeah i know his character suppose to be good looking but in japanese+taiwan vers, Rui aint that great. but here he's hot, and fit so well with the character, and he's the only reason i am anticipate to this drama. Cant wait

I think Rui is always more liked by viewers than Domyouji lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prisonerzero

Rui does nothing? Uh, really? I actually find that hard to believe.

And my gosh, I'm glad to know that Hyun Joong is playing Rui. I mean, I totally knew HJ was playing in a drama, but I didn't start watching HYD until this week and the entire thing just came to me. xD

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the guy plays Domyouji's character.

OMG.....OMG!!!! I just died, came back alive, died, and came back ALIVE!!!!! I can't take this anymore....AHHHH!!!! must see!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Rui is always more liked by viewers than Domyouji lol

and totally agree with you! :D

can't believe she said the others before who played "Rui" was not "hot"?

oh, no you didn't! lol j/k :lol:

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Rui does nothing? Uh, really? I actually find that hard to believe.

Well, I think what she's trying to say is that Rui is the shy, silent character in the drama.

He tends to sit around and speak calmly and rationally with Makino. IMO, there's not much acting required for it.

Ruis tend to be very good looking and very gentle -- hence Hyunjoong.

With all do honesty, I think personality-wise, Hyunjoong does suit Rui.

Looking at "we got married", he's very polite, adorably ignorant (heh heh), and VERY odd.

lol knew this was bound to happen

1- I am sorry but to play rui... MAJOR acting skills are not needed.. rui does like nothing... all he does is be silent and be smexy. I am not bashing any of the actors since i thought oguri and vic both did good jobs. But come on.. no one will win any major awards playing that character. HJ looks the part and i really hope his acting has improved, but i would be more worried about the Tsukasa dude, since he has the major pressure. Weather u love him or hate him Matsujun's portrayal of Tsukasa was impressive and he made the character come alive.

I agree with what you wrote.

The show is a matter of perspective. Honestly, no one is really going to compare the Ruis except by how good they look. As you could see, Hyunjoong has nothing to worry (lol). Most of the time, Rui does not have to display any amazing acting until we reach 2nd season where he yells at Domoyogi for taking Makino for granted. And that's about it.

What we DO need to worry about is the guy playing Domoyogi and the girl playing Makino. Domoyogi's role is SO hard-- because you have to be really really gangster, bully, rude and snobby -- but still appeal to the audience. He has to switch his comical side on and off, yet still have a threatening ambiance toward strangers.

So yeah, the korean domoyogi needs to work his BUTT off since Matsumoto Jun took Domoyogi to another level.

The Japanese one was going to be compared to Meteor Garden since the TW version was made first. The korean version is going to be compared on so many levels--the manga, the twdrama, and the jdrama.

So where will the cast be filming?

I live in NYC so maybe my friends and I will stalk and take pictures =D

OMG where in NYC?? im goin to stalk them lmao whos with me!!

heh heh, I will probably see you at Time Square (assuming that they will visit Time Square)

Shizuka I think is perfect!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD, something I think EVERYONE could agree on.

lol knew this was bound to happen

1- I am sorry but to play rui... MAJOR acting skills are not needed.. rui does like nothing... all he does is be silent and be smexy. I am not bashing any of the actors since i thought oguri and vic both did good jobs. But come on.. no one will win any major awards playing that character. HJ looks the part and i really hope his acting has improved, but i would be more worried about the Tsukasa dude, since he has the major pressure. Weather u love him or hate him Matsujun's portrayal of Tsukasa was impressive and he made the character come alive.

2- To watch the drama no one should be required to read the manga. Manga's are not for everyone and u can enjoy a drama based on a manga without no problems. Thats like saying u have to read all of the books from the movies that have been based on books.

3- I will watch this drama forgetting about the manga and the past versions of it. If i don't do that i know i will find stuff to compare with and i will not fully enjoy it. So lets just see how it comes out.

i seriously think explaining "Rui's" role in the movie is basically a waste of time explaining to people who don't get it. i get what you're saying but if you hadn't seen the other japanese/taiwanese dramas and read the manga then i don't think you'll seriously get it for the matter. and yes, someone playing "Rui" gots to be hot, what are you thinking? tell me you rather see 4 *cough* not so attractive guys play a movie in which they're rich? i don't think the movie is going to make much money and publicity that way. if you're going to think of it that way then maybe you should see it as this way too huh?

Guest xdaisiesx3

Since I don't know Japanese, I can't say anything about Tsukushi (but I liked the way it sounded), but Jandi just sounds so ridiculous.

I mean, like imagine them talking to her.

"Jandi yah!"

That sounds sooo weird, I feel like that name is just gonna kill every serious scene.

^ Haha, xD I'm sure it's similar (perhaps a lot less laughable) as Tsukushi is for Japanese people... I liked Yeonwoo better too, but I've gotten used to Jandi... maybe it'll grow on you too? xDDD That's all I can say. I guess finding a suitable korean translation for weed is hard so Geum Jandi (Aka Golden Grass) is the best they could come up with.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

in the Taiwanese version, her name was Shan Cai 杉菜

maybe it's because I watched it when I was like 10.. so I didn't find the name that weird :lol:

Guest .moony.

Since I don't know Japanese, I can't say anything about Tsukushi (but I liked the way it sounded), but Jandi just sounds so ridiculous.

I mean, like imagine them talking to her.

"Jandi yah!"

That sounds sooo weird, I feel like that name is just gonna kill every serious scene.

Lol her name means weed. The author emphasizes that her character is tough as weed/grass. lol

Tsukushi does sound nice though...I dont speak Chinese or Korean so I dont find whatever name they came up with strange :D

Guest hyeminnie

^ i guess it's the same situation for me. i like tsukushi since i don't know japanese, but jandi... man, that just urks me.

i agree with xdaisiesx3. it will kill the serious scenes. imagine if the translators translated it directly... "i love you, grass!"

^ Haha, xD I'm sure it's similar (perhaps a lot less laughable) as Tsukushi is for Japanese people... I liked Yeonwoo better too, but I've gotten used to Jandi... maybe it'll grow on you too? xDDD That's all I can say. I guess finding a suitable korean translation for weed is hard so Geum Jandi (Aka Golden Grass) is the best they could come up with.

oh, the puns xDDDD

^ And her lil bro is Geum Gangsan... Which means Golden Strong Mountain? xDD I dunno, my translation's probably off...

Omg... I really hope subbing groups avoid translating it literally... @_@ Imagine...

Junpyo: "Hey, Golden Grass! I love you!"

^ And her lil bro is Geum Gangsan... Which means Golden Strong Mountain? xDD I dunno, my translation's probably off...

Omg... I really hope subbing groups avoid translating it literally... @_@ Imagine...

Junpyo: "Hey, Golden Grass! I love you!"

OMO, from the seriousness of page 59 to the absurdity and hilarity of page 60, definitely HYD like eh? That is too funny, the name Jan-di sound really nice! hehehe

Guest xdaisiesx3

ROFL are you serious? Her brother's name is Geum KangSan? Oh my goodness, that's the name of a famous mountain in Korea T_T and there's a few branches of a Korean restaurant here in NYC called GeumKangSan... -____-

I don't mind that too much though, since KangSan would be not too bad of a name for a guy, but Jandi... :(

"Jandi yah, saranghae~"

or

"Keum Jandi. Saranghanda." (tough version? since Tsukasa is "tough")

-_--_--_-

i think rui is the favorite character in HYD that's why alot of people say that they can't believe khj is playing him. but just a question, who do you think should play rui other than khj? lol rui is not my fave character, it has always been tsukasa so i guess i should be bothered about him, but well not really. i wanna give these actors a chance first before saying anything. a lot of people were complaining about goong's main casts before, complaining about yeh, but look where she is now. i can't wait to see khj act though! i can't wait to see him act serious and quiet. teehee!

Archived