[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Just started listening to her, and wow....great voice and very pretty.  I wish her many more years/decades of continued musical success!!
It's easy to get quickly addicted to her music; 
My current favorites (no particular order):  You and I, Good Day, You Know, Marshmallow

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...i noticed this fan page has been awfully quiet about the IU Eun Hyuk twiiter "controversy" since i refuse to call it a scandal!  For all it's worth I would like to reposed my two cents worth regarding this ruckus which i posted in weheartiu.

I support IU 100%!
I'm very confident she will breeze thru this "unfortunate incident" in no time!
She's always been a strong and smart girl...let's have some flashback...shall we?

Didn't she fail in about 20 auditions before she debuted @ age of 15 (16 in Korean age)?
That means she kept failing at age 13-14 (14-15 Korean age) none stop before LOEN picked her!
Geez, if it was me I'd pack my bag and go home the first time i blew an audition...but IU kept pressing on for the nth time!
Whew, If that's not being strong then i don't know what is!
Then she became a trainee @ LOEN for a year before she debuted with the song MIA.
Ok...so what's the big deal? What's the big deal!?! Dude, we're talking about Korea here!
Kpop idols are not cooked in a year in that part of the planet!!!
Their company would actually simmer them in a pressure cooker, deep fry them in boiling liquid fat and roast them in a turbo for about 3 to 5 years before they are served hot and chili in Kpop platter!!! Yet our IU did it in a year! Pretty smart, huh?
That means IU showed a lot of potentials for her company to gamble on her like that!
Then she finally sang live on TV...but some crazy fans from the audience started calling her PIG just because she was a little chubby back then!
The girl was only 15 (16 korean age) of course she had some baby fats...who doesn't at age 15? But she didn't give up, did she?
Now her waist line is 23 inches (go watch god of victory) while those piglets from the audience...duh! Who cares where they are now!
All I know is our IU made it big time! She even won the best song of the year award for good day!
Ok..she did slip and fall big time before getting the award...but she quickly got up and just laugh off the incident!
I can go on forever here...but what's my point? My point is that our IU is a winner...not a whiner....so if some of us are worried sick that she's in some corner somewhere...sulking...hmmm...maybe at first...she's human after all...but I know she'll quickly get up and shrug this thing off...and move on. So let's all move on with her...shall we?

I believe in Lee Ji Eun's innocence! IU fighting!

• 2 months later...

Good morning... Lets bright up this thread. IU is going to release her 1st japanese mini album on March 20, 2013. And IU writing her 1st japanese song!! Wuuuu... cant wait !!
Here is the title track 1. Beautiful Dancer2.Truth3. Fairytale4. New World5. タイトル未定 (Composed by IU) 6. The Age of The Cathedrals
And for her Korean single will be release on April. Havent talk about drama yet... auww... so many IU's hohoho...Looove it!

Guest drthunders

edensor said: Good morning... Lets bright up this thread. IU is going to release her 1st japanese mini album on March 20, 2013. And IU writing her 1st japanese song!! Wuuuu... cant wait !!
Here is the title track 1. Beautiful Dancer2.Truth3. Fairytale4. New World5. タイトル未定 (Composed by IU) 6. The Age of The Cathedrals
And for her Korean single will be release on April. Havent talk about drama yet... auww... so many IU's hohoho...Looove it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sanghun99

IU4.jpg

The upcoming weekend family drama The Best Lee Soon Shin released stills..

http://koreandrama.com/the-upcoming-weekend-family-drama-the-best-lee-soon-shin-released-stills/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Multi-talented Instrument Playing Kpop Idols

They can dance, they can sing, they can make you laugh, but how many of them can jam out hard on a musical instrument? The answer? Not many. Today we're going to take a look at those idols who have talent beyond the microphone and dance floor.

Solo singer IU is known for her pretty girly ways, sweet voice, and her skills on the guitar. She often releases acoustic covers of popular K-pop songs such as SHINee's "Juliette," SNSD's "Gee," and Super Junior's "Sorry, Sorry." Singer-songwriter, Juniel, who is good friends with IU, had this to say about helping IU discover her love for the stringed instrument:

Juniel stated, “Whenever I met IU I always had a guitar slung on my back. IU showed interest every time and I suggested that she learn how to play. I heard that IU later asked her agency to learn the guitar.”

check video and article at http://

bit.ly/10pgYv8

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Angry Stars Will Respond Strongly Against Rumors, 'No Mercy'

CELEBRITIES EXPLODED IN ANGER.

July 10, 2013 9:13 AM EDT |0EMAILPRINT
  • inShare
  • Suzymiss ASong Hye GyoIU84688-rumors-suzy-song-hye-gyo-iu.jpgrumors suzy song hye gyo iu

Celebrities exploded in anger.

Unlike stars suffering from evil rumors dealing with their situations with mercy, group miss A'sSuzy, actress Song Hye Gyo, and singer IU will not be showing mercy but instead give a strong response.

IU also suffered from rumors. When rumors of IU getting married became bigger and bigger, IU's agency went out on their way to find the rumor-spreader.

full article athttp://bit.ly/1aaUAXa

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"K-pop Stars WIthout Make-up Part I

K-POP STARS WITHOUT MAKE-UP PART I

Everyone and their mothers in the Korean entertainment industry and in all entertainment industries across the globe wear make-up. It's essential for television, film, music videos, etc. Without make-up and make-up artists, our world will be a much naked place and dare I say, vain? This morning I woke up, looked myself in the mirror, and took in my bare face and decided that I wanted to give a tribute to natural beauty. So let's take a look at idols without their face all done up and picture perfect!

86516.jpg

Suzy's once biggest competition in the world of popularity, IU is still adorable as ever without make-up. In general the singer doesn't wear a lot of gunk on her face, but the natural look definitely suits this little petite talented songstress.

full article athttp://bit.ly/14gv3fd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Audition Tapes: Before They Were Stars Part I

AUDITION TAPES: BEFORE THEY WERE STARS PART I

Before they were huge stars, they were just a bunch of awkward, pubescent kids who had dreams and goals like the rest of us. Some of us want to be doctors, lawyers, vets, social workers, and others want to be superstars and these too-cute-for-words kids just happened to want to sing and dance for the world. Let's take a look at part 1 of future idol stars who had no idea that their talents and looks would carry them through so far!

IU's singing audition tape for JYP Entertainment is too sweet to watch. In an interview with KBS, JYP said about IU, "My heart breaks every time I see IU. I'm going to find the person who rejected IU from our audition and penalize him." IU unfortunately did not make the cut to be a part of JYP Entertainment and instead signed a contract with Loen Entertainment.

full article athttp://bit.ly/13GndXl

Reposting my translation from the other (YTBLSS) thread. ^^v

This is the IU Japan Promo Video that iu93jjang posted earlier [I translated it below the video]:

[TRANSLATOR'S NOTES:

1) I translated this by the time things are happening in the video (ex. "At 00:01") so you don't get confused.

2) The songs playing throughout the video are the Japanese versions of "You and I" and "Good Day" (click on the song titles to see English Translation of the Japanese versions).

3) "Nico Nico Douga" (also known as "Niconico") is a popular video-sharing website in Japan.

4) "Oricon Chart" is the music chart in Japan, similar to Billboard charts in the U.S.]

Video Title: Next to IU Vol.00

At 00:02 - IU: "Everyone, hello. I'm IU."

At 00:06 - Screen text: "'Nation's Little Sister', K-POP's Diva, IU"

At 00:12 to 01:10 - Screen text [scrolling at the bottom]: "In 2008, while still a 3rd year student in junior high school, IU debuted with the mini album, "Lost and Found". From the strength of her overwhelming voice and her cute visuals, who is known as "Nation's Little Sister", she is Korea's No.1 solo artist, a female artist who is loved by both men and women, from all generations. On March 2012, her long-awaited Japan debut single, "Good Day" was released, (and then) she also became the first Korean solo female artist to enter the Top 10 on the Oricon Chart in 6th place. The tickets for her live performance was sold out within only 5 minutes, and so her popularity in Japan increased by a lot. And so, this August, this lady will be releasing her new single, "Monday Afternoon", and along with that will be starting new promotions (in Japan)."

At 01:10 - IU: "Everyone in Japan, hello. I'm IU. From this time on, I'll be starting my channel on Nico Nico Douga. Everyone, please look (out for it), okay?"

At 01:21 - Screen text: "IU's channel will be opening on Nico Nico Douga!!"

At 01:27 to 01:57 - Screen text [scrolling at the bottom]: "On video-sharing website, Nico Nico Douga, IU has decided to open her official channel! IU's activities will be recorded, such as planning of the events and behind the scenes filming, (as well as) other things such as valuable clips (of IU). By leaving messages of support to IU in the comments, we can have a good time on (IU's) Nico Nico Douga channel!"

At 01:58 - IU: "Starting on August 28th, I'll be going to (various) events for my new song in Japan. Everyone, wait for me, okay?"

At 02:06 - Screen text: "IU News! On Nico Nico Douga, IU's personal channel will open!(http://ch.nicovideo.jp/iu). Videos that can only be seen here, various news will be shown too! First, please subscribe to the channel!

At 02:24 - Screen text: "IU News! New Single, 'Monday Afternoon', 9/11 on sale!

Limited Edition Type A <CD+DVD> TOCT-40430, 2300 yen (tax in).

Limited Edition Type B <CD+DVD> TOCT-40431, 1800 yen (tax in).

Regular Edition (First Press) <CD Only> TOCT-40432, 1100 yen (tax in)."

At 02:43 - "IU News! 'Monday Afternoon' Launch Events Being Held!

Faster than everyone else, an event where you can listen to the new song with IU first, 'IU Ready!'.

8/28 (Wednesday), Tokyo: Tokyo FM Hall, 17:30 Start!

8/29 (Thursday), Osaka: ABC Hall, 17:30 Start!

8/30 (Friday), Nagoya: ELL, 17:30 Start!

08/31 (Saturday), Fukuoka: IMS Hall, 18:00 Start!

*Details for the events can be found on the official homepage!*"

This is another video that released on August 19th as part of IU's promotions in Japan. [I translated it below the video]:

[TRANSLATOR'S NOTES:

1) I already translated Vol.00 of the "Next to IU" series. These are a series of videos (listed as Vol.00, Vol.01, etc) that are being posted on IU's official 'Nico Nico Douga' channel. Nico Nico Douga is a popular video-sharing website in Japan.

2) I translated this by the time things are happening in the video (ex. "At 00:01") so you don't get confused.

3) The songs being played throughout the video are "Truth" and "Fairytale" from her 'Can You Hear Me' Japanese mini-album (click on the song titles to see English Translation of the songs).

4) 'JPN Staff' is the Japanese Staff and 'KRN Staff' is the Korean Staff.]

Video Title: Next to IU Vol.01

At 00:07 - Screen text: "On a certain day in July 2013— On this day in Korea, you could hear the sounds of the jacket photoshoot of IU's new single 'Monday Afternoon' being made. In order to fit the camera for this situation, we flew over to the filming site."

At 03:02 --

JPN Staff: "Do you want to eat?"

IU: "Diet."

JPN Staff: "Eh?"

IU: "I'm on a diet!"

JPN Staff: "Oh, even though you're on a diet, you're still eating, right?"

IU: "Yes."

JPN Staff: "Is it good?"

JPN Staff: "What are you eating?"

IU: "Tomatoes."

JPN Staff: "Wow, that's a lot!"

IU: "The calories in tomatoes..."

JPN Staff: "There isn't any?"

IU: "Yes, because there isn't any."

JPN Staff: "So you're on a diet?"

JPN Staff: "Even though there's still a lot left of the photoshoot to do, you're not tired?"

IU: "I'm okay."

JPN Staff: "You're okay?"

IU: "Yes. Though, I don't know about tomorrow..."

JPN Staff: "Tomorrow, what's in your schedule?"

IU: "I have a drama filming tomorrow."

JPN Staff: "Starting at what time?"

IU: "At 5!"

JPN Staff: "At 5!?"

IU: "At 5 AM!"

JPN Staff: "The smell of fireworks is really strong... "

IU: "Huh?"

JPN Staff: "Hanabi, hanabi." (*Hanabi is 'fireworks' in Japanese)

IU: "Hanabi?"IU: (*In Korean*) "What is 'hanabi'?"

KRN Staff: (*In Korean*) "Fireworks, fireworks."

IU: "Ah, ah."

JPN Staff: "Next in the photoshoot is using the fireworks... "

At 06:36 - IU: "Thank you for your hard work."

At 06:46 - IU: "Starting on August 28th, I'll be going to (various) events for my new song in Japan. Everyone, wait for me, okay?"

At 06:55 - Screen text: "IU News! 'Monday Afternoon' Launch Events Being Held!

Faster than everyone else, an event where you can listen to the new song with IU first, 'IU Ready!'.

8/28 (Wednesday), Tokyo: Tokyo FM Hall, 17:30 Start!

8/29 (Thursday), Osaka: ABC Hall, 17:30 Start!

8/30 (Friday), Nagoya: ELL, 17:30 Start!

08/31 (Saturday), Fukuoka: IMS Hall, 18:00 Start!

*Details for the events can be found on the official homepage!*"

At 07:19 - Screen text: "IU News! New Single, 'Monday Afternoon', 9/11 on sale!

Limited Edition Type A <CD+DVD> TOCT-40430, 2300 yen (tax in).

Limited Edition Type B <CD+DVD> TOCT-40431, 1800 yen (tax in).

Regular Edition (First Press) <CD Only> TOCT-40432, 1100 yen (tax in)."