[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

I am in the middle of working on something and waiting for the computer to finish.  There are a couple of issues I have been thinking about:

The first is about cellphone ringtones.  First, from what I saw in a couple of IU's clips, apparently cellphone ringtones in S. Korea are heard on the caller's phone as well as on your own.  This does not happen where I live.  The cellphone only plays its ring tone to the person receiving a call.  Is it different in the US too?

The second thing is that I now have a cell phone that will play a whole MP3 file for a ring tone -- not just a few seconds.  So I was wondering what IU song I could use as a ringtone.  Actually even if I just cut one down to a few seconds, what would be good.  I had a couple of ideas, and then I hit on an amazing one:  "Wait" on "Modern Times".  It's a perfect ringtone!  It starts out fairly and consistently loud and gets "thicker" and louder as the song goes along.  The start of the song even sounds like a ring tone. It's great!
:-)

Next comment:

I really like some of the pictures on pages 374 and 375.  Particularly there are a couple where the photographer got back lighting that glows around IU.  It really looks magical!  There are few pictures I see that I actually think "gee I wish I had done that!"  These are a couple that give me that wish.

Last comment:

Ok, I am not really into girls fashions.  Actually, I am not really even into "men's fashions."  But I did notice that IU was wearing a very stiff looking black skirt that flares out from her waist.  I saw that Yoo Inna wore something like it in red at KCON.  Is that really a popular style?  Isn't it uncomfortable?  How do you guys sit in them?

Ok, one more comment:

I think IU looks better in real "selfies" (pictures that she actually took of herself holding the camera in her hand) than most people do.  The last one on her bed with the odd expression is really intriguing.  Amazing she can come up with something like that.  What would she be thinking?

^ @buckwheat01 Where I live, the songs played when you receive a call are ringtones. While the songs you hear while waiting for someone to answer are caller tunes. Wait is an excellent choice btw.I'm not sure if you're referring to an A-line skirt or a peplum skirt. The material may look stiff but it's not rigid. It's popular and always in style because it accentuates the waist and gives a more flattering figure. It's not the most comfortable to wear on a full stomach but not as restricting as wearing super skinny jeans imo.

kekekeke this is so fun. IU decided to be a one day fancammer. (i.e. she started filming her fans)

She even post a preview photo on her fancafe. YOu gotta LOVE this girl

Media preview

Below are fanphotos of her filming

Media preview
Media preview
Media preview
Media preview
Media preview
cr. as tagged

While we are enjoying happily IU's day-to-day activities now, I'm forever going back to IU's radio/TV show days before her 'Good Day bigbang'.  Here's one clip that I would like to share here, which you probably have seen many times.  

This BTS clip shows how amazing IU already was.  One hour before the show, she still couldn't memorize the lyrics to the song, '7 Years of Love', but  she  managed to stay calm and get through it without someone noticing during a live performane.  Did she stop in the middle where she couldn't memorize the lyrics or did she actually finish the whole song?  The audience could just watch her wonderful performance without realizing the difficulty and hardship she went through if not seeing this BTS clip.  It's also funny to hear that IU's company also lost the way how to promote IU.  But without a doubt, it's just a matter of time she would become very successful. 

@HelloLily:
Now I am wondering if I might have misunderstood what I saw in the vids.  In one, IU was hosting a show and calling people.  She calls one and hears, something -- I think CN-Blue and she hangs up saying she does not want to hear that.  She calls another later and hears her song "Marshmallow" and is happy, but it turns out she accidentally called her manager and that got her in trouble.
The other time, she is in her own concert and calls JiYeon (T-ara) and she lets her everyone hear that song.  I thought that those were right after she dialed, so they were ring tones, but it could be that they were caller tunes.
Btw, I have now found out that a couple of my older phones can also use full length MP3's for ring tones.  I just did not know about that capability before.  It was not important to me at the time.
About the styles.  I went back to Yoo Inna's interviews for KCON and I was wrong.  She was wearing a jump-suit.  The other girl in that interview was too, but it had kind of skirt around it.  I do not know where I saw Yoo Inna in the stiff skirt, though it was fairly recent.
Looking back at KCON though, I now noticed that SNSD was in black dresses or skirts that were stiff like that.  So maybe that is something current.
I cannot watch many videos for a while.  A week or two ago I watched a lot of videos -- which is something I do not usually have time for, and I have used most of my monthly Internet.  I could go over the limit and pay a bit extra, but I usually prefer to stay within my limit.  So I am on a "Low Video Diet" for the next week.  Time to get some work done.
@nikki89:
Re:  IU the Videographer.
"IU the Movie Producer?"
About the Bucket Challenge:
That was shot on a cellphone?  Most of the Bucket Challenges were shot "low budget."  All the big movie stars and nobody is making a big production?  Oh well. ;-)

hahahaha look at their expressions

Media preview
Media preview
Media preview
cr. as tagged

Preview for the up coming Chuseok special. Metal Tray something that they had during one of the Happy Together segment where if they sing parts of the song wrongly, they get hit by a metal pan. LOL. IU is the co-MC

It sounds to me that the LP version of "A Pierrot Smiles At Us" has IU's voice more prominent and the music more in the background.  Now it sounds more like the traditional style in mixing.  I wonder if it is intentional.

Do other tracks have the same effect?

Talking about "A Pierrot Smiles At Us", this is my favourite out of the mini album.  Credit to the producer of this song, the "ga-ga-chu-wa" chorus brings a new feel to the song.  I feel that this is how re-make could be done, not just to re-sing the song.  IU contributes to bring listeners to past Korean songs which today's music lovers may not have the opportunity to enjoy.  With the popular acceptance of what she did, she's qualified to be an inflential character to the Korean music scene. 

Just before the albnum was released, I remember someone posted the link to SoundCloud which stores all the original songs, but I didn't keep it.  I wonder if anyone still have that link.  I would love to listen to them and appreciate what IU has done.

mabel93 said:

It sounds to me that the LP version of "A Pierrot Smiles At Us" has IU's voice more prominent and the music more in the background.  Now it sounds more like the traditional style in mixing.  I wonder if it is intentional.

Do other tracks have the same effect?

mabel93 said:

While we are enjoying happily IU's day-to-day activities now, I'm forever going back to IU's radio/TV show days before her 'Good Day bigbang'.  Here's one clip that I would like to share here, which you probably have seen many times.  

This BTS clip shows how amazing IU already was.  One hour before the show, she still couldn't memorize the lyrics to the song, '7 Years of Love', but  she  managed to stay calm and get through it without someone noticing during a live performane.  Did she stop in the middle where she couldn't memorize the lyrics or did she actually finish the whole song?  The audience could just watch her wonderful performance without realizing the difficulty and hardship she went through if not seeing this BTS clip.  It's also funny to hear that IU's company also lost the way how to promote IU.  But without a doubt, it's just a matter of time she would become very successful.