[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

WOW chingu look what IUs DC fans did....
1383084_725697010796700_484099089_n.jpg

They donated blood to the Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation.IUs Korean fans are truly wonderful....she must be very proud of them.

Annyeong chingu.....the latest news from twitter
아이유's 스티븐 ‏@kpoppa_iu  2h

March 10, 2014 Let's celebrate for #IU2000thday! #2000dayswithIU #IU2000th #2000thIUday #Happy2000thdaysIU #IU #아이유

jasmina ‏@byunbakehyuns  4h

The Most Beautiful smile according to Daum Survey #1 EXO Chanyeol #2 IU #3 Miss A Suzy © owner

Expand
69 notes6 MONTHS AGO# iu# schedule
 / REBLOG

[schedule]

(Will constantly update this page. Check at iu schedule)

14.02.09 [bROADCAST] SBS Powerfm Concert ‘Collage’ @ 6pm

14.02.12 [EVENT] 3rd Gaon Chart Kpop Awards @ 7 pm

14.02.22 and 29 [bROADCAST] MBC Music Travel ‘Yesterday’ @ 12:45 midnight (Songs are ‘Love is like Rainwater outside the Window’ and ‘One Step Closer’)

14.03.10 [iU’s 2000th day since debut]

14.03.21 [PERF] IU Modern Times Live Show in Shanghai @ 7:30 pm

14.03.23 [PERF] IU Modern Times Showcase in Hong Kong @ 8:30 pm

(Postponed) [RELEASE] “Untitled” Full Japanese album (tracklist and contents unconfirmed)

Chingu here are some things about uri IU you may not have known...
iu-jjangFrequently Asked Questions

[Official Uaena daum fancafe]

What does Uaena mean?
"You"(U) is from English, "ae"(爱) is Sino-Korean for "love", and "na"(나) is Korean for "me".

How can I join the fancafe?
http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/72262293317/tutorial-how-to-join-ius-uaena-daum-fancafe

What are IU’s fans called?
IU said on her fancafe that male fans are 건빵 (geonbbang or hard tack) because that’s her favourite snack and female fans are 별사탕 (byeolsatang or star candy) because IU used to have very few female fans, just like the rare star candies when you buy a pack of biscuits. Also, antis are milk.

——————————————————————————————————-

[Nicknames]

아가수 (agasu)
Agassi means ‘young lady’ and gasu means ‘singer’, so agasu is like a combination of both. According to this interview, one of the LOEN staff gave her this nickname and IU chose it as her favourite.

징짱 (jingjjang)
jing is short for jieuni or jingni (IU’s real name is Lee Jieun) and jjang means ‘the best’. IU first referred to herself as jingjjang in her posts on dc gall. After that, iudotcom made a jingjjang mic for her when she became a part-timer at Yoo Inna’s radio show too.

갓이유 (gasiyu)
God + iyu = GoddessU

[schedule]

How do you get IU’s schedule?
I gather it based on IU’s official schedule on the fancafe, Korean news articles and announcements on Twitter.

I want to know how I to get the ticket to attend ____________ and meet IU.
Some music shows or award ceremonies allow you to win tickets through events on their website. If there are seats allocated for IU fans, you can apply through the fancafe. The latter applies for fanmeetings or autograph sessions in Korea too. Concert tickets are usually sold on other platforms like interpark.

[Albums and official merchandise]

Where can I get IU’s albums/posters/official merchandise?
You can try the links here but some of these may already be sold out. Usually, official merchandise is sold at IU’s concerts and fanmeetings too. Some of the Japanese merch is only available for sale at the venue itself.

Where can we buy IU lightsticks?
If you want the official ones, there were two types sold at IU’s solo concerts in 2012 and 2013 respectively. There was also a pink one sold at IU’s Japan Friendship Concert Autumn in 2012 and a white one given to members of IU’s official Japanese fanclub.

[Achievements]

Could you please tell me all the songs that IU have composed / written up until now?
http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/49097362572/compilation-of-ius-original-compositions-and-collab

What are the awards and #1 on music shows IU has won so far?
http://weheartiu.com/forums/threads/list-of-awards-received-by-iu-updated-on-4th-jan.5546/

How many all-kills (AK) and perfect all-kills (PK) have IU received so far?
http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/post/70792926480/ius-all-kill-and-perfect-all-kills-from-2010-to-2013

[Profile]

How do i pronounce IU’s name? Is it “yu” or “ay-yu”?
Well if you’re pronouncing IU (English), it’s just the letters “i” and “u” (or aiyu). If you’re pronouncing 아이유 (Korean) it’s ah-ee-yoo.

Does IU have a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram account?
She started a Twitter account but it has since been taken over by LOEN, who also manages her Facebook and Youtube pages. IU does not have an Instagram account.

What is IU’s favourite number and colour?
Back in 2012, she said on her fancafe that they were 8, as well as sky blue and yellow.

At what age did IU first start singing?
In her 1st year of middle school, she was punished by her PE teacher to sing in front of the class and then encouraged to sing at her school’s sports meet. After that she started going for auditions and then debuted in her 3rd year of middle school. She stopped schooling upon graduating from high school in 2012, to focus on her career. 

Do you know what countries IU has visited?
Japan, UK, Vietnam, Thailand, Italy and Hong Kong.

[Others]

What is IU’s puppy, Bbuggu’s breed?
Maltese

What’s the recipe for IU baby food?
http://happytogetherrecipes.tumblr.com/post/56227463289/iu-baby-food . (More pictures here. You need 95g of potato, 150ml of milk, 1 slice of cheese and a little butter for 1 serving.)

Do you know what the models of IU’s guitars are?
If you mean on Dream High, she was playing a Pink Corona SF 100 in her room when she transformed into her pretty self. She has also used Crafter KGAE-27 and KTB-0038 and KTMCE-075 for acoustic perfs in the past. In YTBLSS, she used a Corona IDEA DR1300 to play ‘Forgotten Season’.

Can you translate IU’s ‘special thanks to’ in her Last Fantasy album?
She thanked dung-dung-i (MBLAQ’s Thunder or Cheondung), wang-gung-daeng (huge richard simmons) Jiyeon & ddung-gae (mongrel) Suzy.

Can you get the video of IU singing good day, music stops then plays marshmallow?
It was during the 111105 Hanlim MAS Showcase. There are a few fancams :) Closeup pizzabang fancam Clear fancam by sanghoon @ idolworld Fancam by iudotcom

How many managers does IU have?
3 main ones: chipmunk manager, hunter manager and ddung (plump) manager

(Note: Many people are curious about IU’s brother, but let’s respect IU and her brother/family’s privacy and not dig into their personal information. Thanks.)

#faq

Welcome @DinaraM thankyou for dropping by and posting....those eyes are too intense,Hmmm actually now that I've looked at the eyes a bit longer ...I'm thinking this would make an awesome drama...like CatgirlU or TigerU or PantherU...she would have enormous strength and stealth and grace of course....kekeke!...What do you think?

...or maybe this colour....it's very cat-like...I think I love them all, uri IU can be a lady of mystery a chameleon changing eye colour to match her mood.  See this would make an awesome drama/movie.
tumblr_n0sgvyCieE1sw57tso1_500.jpg
imissyou99blog - tumblr

Guest DinaraM

@mumfu, Ohh thank you) I'm Uaena from Kazakhstan^^ sorry but my english not very good... It was my first post in Soompi^^ Oh. Probably, drama with CatgirlU or PantherU will be veeeery interesting.
And for other uaenas, IU's name in Russia and Kazakh written as "Айю", and real name is "Ли Джи Ын"

Thanks for your hospitality^^
iu-love.jpg

@mumfu, Ohh thank you) I'm Uaena from Kazakhstan^^ sorry but my english not very good... It was my first post in Soompi^^ Oh. Probably, drama with CatgirlU or PantherU will be veeeery interesting.

And for other uaenas, IU's name in Russia and Kazakh written as "Айю", and real name is "Ли Джи Ын"

Thanks for your hospitality^^

iu-love.jpg

Oooo welcome...

I'm so happy and proud. Uaena's family is getting larger from every place in the world.

my English is mess too, but I really enjoy from being in this thread.

and I hope you enjoy ,too.

@DinaraM I am a Uaena from New Zealand, @maashi is right it is wonderful to see fellow Uaenas from all around the world.  We are all very proud of our/uri lovely talented and humble IU.  Your English is very good so don't worry, please post as much as you wish to share about IU...

Welcome @DinaraM . I'm from Indonesia, nice to meet you. Don't worry, My english is bad too ;p

Many nice and warm ppl you can meet here.. Don't hesitate if you want to ask something :)

Please post as much as you like about IU.. Photos, vid, news, etc.. :x :x

Good night..